|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Casey worried about the news coverage of the new accident involving the N-22?
(a) She cannot handle two investigations at one time.
(b) She fears it was caused by the same problem as Flight 545.
(c) She fears it will bring coverage to Flight 545.
(d) She is sure she will lose her job.
2. What is Amos's job at Norton Aircraft?
(a) He is the chief designer.
(b) He is a test pilot.
(c) He is the assistant to the president.
(d) He is a metallurgy expert.
3. Who is Jack Rogers?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A passenger that wants to sue Norton.
(c) A flight simulation pilot.
(d) An investigator.
4. After speaking with passengers, Casey thinks part of the problem may have been uncommanded slat deployment. Why would this be dangerous?
(a) It makes the plane unbalanced.
(b) Slats are only supposed to deploy during takeoff and landing.
(c) It causes a loss in cabin pressure.
(d) The friction during flight can cause a fire.
5. When the flight began to experience trouble, what did a young married father drop?
(a) His laptop.
(b) His infant daughter.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) His video camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Casey tell Jack Rogers about the N-22?
2. In the biggest deal in its history, Norton Aircraft is about to sell how many of the same type of plane involved in the troubled flight?
3. What does the FAA official order the flight crew from the troubled flight to do?
4. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
5. When the plane from Flight 545 is brought back to Norton, what is peculiar about the locking pin a member of the investigative team found?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)