|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amos tell Casey about the locking pin?
(a) It did not cause the accident.
(b) All locking pins on N-22s should be replaced.
(c) It did cause the accident.
(d) It is inconclusive as to whether or not it caused the accident.
2. What reason does the pilot of the troubled flight give for the plane's problems?
(a) A deranged passenger.
(b) Loss of an engine.
(c) Low fuel.
(d) Severe turbulence.
3. In reviewing the tapes between the pilot and air traffic control, what does Casey and her team notice about the pilot?
(a) He is confident that everything is under control.
(b) He sounds confused.
(c) He did everything right.
(d) He is surprised by the malfunction.
4. What is the condition of the locking pin?
(a) It is too small.
(b) It is in poor condition.
(c) It is too big.
(d) It is brand new.
5. Who tells Casey the pilot said the problem was caused by uncommanded slat deployment?
(a) A passenger.
(b) The co-pilot.
(c) A stewardess.
(d) The FAA inspector.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Casey get down from the top of the plane?
2. During the second phase of the investigation, what does Casey decide to focus on?
3. What caused the accident of the N22 being covered on television?
4. What makes Casey rule out turbulence as the cause of the troubled flight before she even inspects the aircraft?
5. While inspecting the plane, what does Casey see stuck in an overhead compartment?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)