|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is the global response to the U.S.'s invasion of Iraq after 9/11?
2. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
3. What does "Critical Infrastructure Protection" refer to?
4. How does Wolfowitz add to the threats in Indonesia?
5. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
2. What are Rice's views of CSG when she works in the NSC for George W. Bush's administration?
3. What are some differences between George W. Bush and Clinton? Which stands out the most to Clarke?
4. What rejuvenates Intelligence agencies in rethinking al Qaeda? How is this achieved?
5. What do Sam Nunn, Dick Lugan and Pete Dominic have in common? How do they help Clarke's goals with counter-terrorism?
6. What kind of relationship does bin Laden have with Turabi from Sudan? What projects do they work on together? What is their common goal?
7. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
8. What are the general American reactions to U.S.'s retaliation with missiles? How do they come to this conclusion? Is it reasonable?
9. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
10. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one President's term and research acts of terrorism during the four-year term. Explain how the President responds to terrorism during his term. What influences the President's decision? What acts of terrorism test the President more than others?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on how the U.S. backs certain countries and why they do it. An example is how the U.S. backs Hussein when he invades Iran or Afghanistan when they are at war with Russia. What motivates the U.S. to help Iraq or Afghanistan during those times? Is it more about the country they are helping or about the enemy?
Essay Topic 3
Terrorism involves many departments. Briefly explain the roles of each department that is represented in CSG. What are their roles? How well do they fight terrorism? How do the departments work with one another?
This section contains 1,460 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)