|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Health and Human Services to attend a CSG meeting for the first time?
2. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
3. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
4. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
5. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
2. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
3. According to Clarke, what credit does he give Usama bin Laden?
4. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
5. How is Clarke able to get funds for embassy hardening? What stops him and who helps him?
6. Explain Theme Days and how Clarke handles his counter -terrorism Theme Day?
7. What is a Pol-Mil Plan? How does it get started?
8. What rejuvenates Intelligence agencies in rethinking al Qaeda? How is this achieved?
9. What are some differences between George W. Bush and Clinton? Which stands out the most to Clarke?
10. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name the departments that Clarke shows frustration and anger with. Provide examples and reasons why he is unhappy with the departments.
Essay Topic 2
What actions or lack of actions allow the 9/11 attacks to occur? Can it be prevented, and if so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on how the U.S. backs certain countries and why they do it. An example is how the U.S. backs Hussein when he invades Iran or Afghanistan when they are at war with Russia. What motivates the U.S. to help Iraq or Afghanistan during those times? Is it more about the country they are helping or about the enemy?
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)