|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
2. What surprises Powell when he observes a meeting between CSG, NSC, State, Defense, CIA, FBI, and military?
3. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
4. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
5. What does "Critical Infrastructure Protection" refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the general American reactions to U.S.'s retaliation with missiles? How do they come to this conclusion? Is it reasonable?
2. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
3. List in detail the concerns Clarke has in protecting the troops during the first Iraq War against "special" weapons.
4. What do Sam Nunn, Dick Lugan and Pete Dominic have in common? How do they help Clarke's goals with counter-terrorism?
5. What is the transition from Clinton's administration to George W. Bush's administration like for Clarke and those working in counter-terrorism? How is this transition received by Clarke and others in counter-terrorism?
6. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
7. What Millennium attack plans are foiled and how are they foiled?
8. What are Rice's views of CSG when she works in the NSC for George W. Bush's administration?
9. Why is the timing of a strike against al Qaeda questionable in relation to the President?
10. What is a Pol-Mil Plan? How does it get started?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Clinton and George W. Bush's outlook on terrorism. How do they feel about its threat? What actions do they take? How do they make their decisions on terrorism? What influences their decisions?
Essay Topic 2
Name the departments that Clarke shows frustration and anger with. Provide examples and reasons why he is unhappy with the departments.
Essay Topic 3
"Against All Enemies" is through the eyes of a government official. Write an essay on how 9/11 and other terrorist acts affect non-government civilians. Research primary sources such as newspapers, books, articles. How does the public feel about terrorism against the U.S? Does it matter if it is on foreign or national soil? Does terrorism awareness increase when it hits civilians and not just military personnel?
This section contains 1,546 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)