|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
2. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
3. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
4. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
5. Why is the Pol-Mil Plan called "Top Secret Delenda?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Rice's views of CSG when she works in the NSC for George W. Bush's administration?
2. What kind of relationship does bin Laden have with Turabi from Sudan? What projects do they work on together? What is their common goal?
3. What is a Pol-Mil Plan? How does it get started?
4. Why is the timing of a strike against al Qaeda questionable in relation to the President?
5. According to Clarke, what credit does he give Usama bin Laden?
6. What are the obstacles in planning a snatch for Abu Hafs al-Muratani, an associate of bin Laden, in Khartoum?
7. Explain Theme Days and how Clarke handles his counter -terrorism Theme Day?
8. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
9. How does Afghanistan fare after the Soviets leave at the end of the 1980's? When does Usama bin Laden return, and why at this particular time?
10. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name the departments that Clarke shows frustration and anger with. Provide examples and reasons why he is unhappy with the departments.
Essay Topic 2
Outline Clarke's role in the government from his first term with Reagan to his last term with George W. Bush. What changes does Clarke go through in his career?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the birth and growth of al Qaeda. When does al Qaeda first begin? How does it grow? To what extent does it grow? What is al Qaeda's current situation? Are they still viable,weakening, or growing in strength?
This section contains 1,366 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)