|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Pol-Mil Plan called "Top Secret Delenda?"
2. What does Clarke work on with Arms Control Director Ron Lehmen to verify "innocent' chemical plants?
3. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
4. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
5. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some differences between George W. Bush and Clinton? Which stands out the most to Clarke?
2. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
3. In terms of taking action against terrorism, where does the White House stand? The Pentagon? How is this seen in their decisions?
4. List in detail the concerns Clarke has in protecting the troops during the first Iraq War against "special" weapons.
5. What are the general American reactions to U.S.'s retaliation with missiles? How do they come to this conclusion? Is it reasonable?
6. What kind of relationship does bin Laden have with Turabi from Sudan? What projects do they work on together? What is their common goal?
7. What rejuvenates Intelligence agencies in rethinking al Qaeda? How is this achieved?
8. What are the obstacles in planning a snatch for Abu Hafs al-Muratani, an associate of bin Laden, in Khartoum?
9. What are the results of al Qaeda's first act of war against the U.S. since their issued fatwa? How does it affect more than just U.S. citizens?
10. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Counter-terrorism Security Group changes with each new terms' demands. Write an essay outlining the CSG under Reagan to its work during George W. Bush's administration. When is it at its strongest? At its weakest? What responsibilities does the CSG have during each Presidency? What is Clarke's main concern during each term?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Clinton and George W. Bush's outlook on terrorism. How do they feel about its threat? What actions do they take? How do they make their decisions on terrorism? What influences their decisions?
Essay Topic 3
What ethical, moral and political principals must be considered when making executive decisions that concern illegal acts such as snatches and assassinations? When is it right? Is it ever right? Provide at least two examples of when a President must consider these dilemmas. What does the President decide and how does he come to his conclusion?
This section contains 1,544 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)