|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
2. What troubling news does the CIA bring to the 0730 CSG meeting on August 7, 1998?
3. With Executive Order 13099, what does Clarke finally get to focus on?
4. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
5. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Pol-Mil Plan? How does it get started?
2. How is Pakistan involved with al Qaeda? How are Pakistan and U.S. relations? As plans are developed to retaliate against al Qaeda, why is Pakistan mentioned and considered?
3. In terms of taking action against terrorism, where does the White House stand? The Pentagon? How is this seen in their decisions?
4. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
5. Explain Theme Days and how Clarke handles his counter -terrorism Theme Day?
6. What are the obstacles in planning a snatch for Abu Hafs al-Muratani, an associate of bin Laden, in Khartoum?
7. What rejuvenates Intelligence agencies in rethinking al Qaeda? How is this achieved?
8. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
9. How is Clarke able to get funds for embassy hardening? What stops him and who helps him?
10. What are Rice's views of CSG when she works in the NSC for George W. Bush's administration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Outline Clarke's role in the government from his first term with Reagan to his last term with George W. Bush. What changes does Clarke go through in his career?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Reagan and George H.W. Bush's non-military response to Clinton and George W. Bush's military response to terrorism. Which avenue seems to work better? What other influences are there that determines the effectiveness of a response?
Essay Topic 3
What actions or lack of actions allow the 9/11 attacks to occur? Can it be prevented, and if so, how?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)