|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
2. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
3. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
4. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
5. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
2. What are the results of al Qaeda's first act of war against the U.S. since their issued fatwa? How does it affect more than just U.S. citizens?
3. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
4. Explain Karl Rove's strategy that Republicans use in election years. How does this strategy turn out?
5. What are the details in CSG's plan to snatch Usama bin Laden? Why is it vetoed?
6. Explain Theme Days and how Clarke handles his counter -terrorism Theme Day?
7. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
8. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
9. What is the transition from Clinton's administration to George W. Bush's administration like for Clarke and those working in counter-terrorism? How is this transition received by Clarke and others in counter-terrorism?
10. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the forms of terrorism that concern Clarke throughout Clinton's administration. What makes Clarke concerned about chemical, nuclear, and bioterrorism? What steps does Clarke take to prevent terrorism against a massive population? How does he convince Clinton and the rest of the department of its significance?
Essay Topic 2
Terrorism involves many departments. Briefly explain the roles of each department that is represented in CSG. What are their roles? How well do they fight terrorism? How do the departments work with one another?
Essay Topic 3
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
This section contains 1,488 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)