|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Pol-Mil Plan called "Top Secret Delenda?"
2. What does Clarke request from Rice?
3. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
4. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
5. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the general American reactions to U.S.'s retaliation with missiles? How do they come to this conclusion? Is it reasonable?
2. How does Afghanistan fare after the Soviets leave at the end of the 1980's? When does Usama bin Laden return, and why at this particular time?
3. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
4. Why is the timing of a strike against al Qaeda questionable in relation to the President?
5. What is a Pol-Mil Plan? How does it get started?
6. How is Clarke able to get funds for embassy hardening? What stops him and who helps him?
7. What is the transition from Clinton's administration to George W. Bush's administration like for Clarke and those working in counter-terrorism? How is this transition received by Clarke and others in counter-terrorism?
8. What are some differences between George W. Bush and Clinton? Which stands out the most to Clarke?
9. What are the details in CSG's plan to snatch Usama bin Laden? Why is it vetoed?
10. How is Pakistan involved with al Qaeda? How are Pakistan and U.S. relations? As plans are developed to retaliate against al Qaeda, why is Pakistan mentioned and considered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the key officials in the immediate reactions of the 9/11 attacks? How are they key officials? What are their roles?
Essay Topic 2
What actions or lack of actions allow the 9/11 attacks to occur? Can it be prevented, and if so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Write a summary of the events that lead to the attack on a Black Hawk in Somalia. How does it reach that point? Is it preventable? How so? What military decisions are made before and after the attack?
This section contains 1,485 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)