|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
2. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
3. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
4. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
5. What weakness do Rice and Hadley have in their new positions under George W. Bush's administration?
Essay Topic 1
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
Essay Topic 2
Outline Clarke's role in the government from his first term with Reagan to his last term with George W. Bush. What changes does Clarke go through in his career?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on how the U.S. backs certain countries and why they do it. An example is how the U.S. backs Hussein when he invades Iran or Afghanistan when they are at war with Russia. What motivates the U.S. to help Iraq or Afghanistan during those times? Is it more about the country they are helping or about the enemy?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)