|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
2. What does Berger do for Clarke as Clarke did for him?
3. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
4. Where does Wechsler learn that al Qaeda gets most of its finances from?
5. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ethical, moral and political principals must be considered when making executive decisions that concern illegal acts such as snatches and assassinations? When is it right? Is it ever right? Provide at least two examples of when a President must consider these dilemmas. What does the President decide and how does he come to his conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
Essay Topic 3
The Counter-terrorism Security Group changes with each new terms' demands. Write an essay outlining the CSG under Reagan to its work during George W. Bush's administration. When is it at its strongest? At its weakest? What responsibilities does the CSG have during each Presidency? What is Clarke's main concern during each term?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)