|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
2. What does Powell suggest to fight the al Qaeda threat?
3. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
4. Where does Wechsler learn that al Qaeda gets most of its finances from?
5. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
Short Essay Questions
1. List in detail the concerns Clarke has in protecting the troops during the first Iraq War against "special" weapons.
2. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
3. What are the results of al Qaeda's first act of war against the U.S. since their issued fatwa? How does it affect more than just U.S. citizens?
4. What kind of relationship does bin Laden have with Turabi from Sudan? What projects do they work on together? What is their common goal?
5. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
6. Why is the timing of a strike against al Qaeda questionable in relation to the President?
7. How is Clarke able to get funds for embassy hardening? What stops him and who helps him?
8. What are Rice's views of CSG when she works in the NSC for George W. Bush's administration?
9. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
10. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Outline Clarke's role in the government from his first term with Reagan to his last term with George W. Bush. What changes does Clarke go through in his career?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the forms of terrorism that concern Clarke throughout Clinton's administration. What makes Clarke concerned about chemical, nuclear, and bioterrorism? What steps does Clarke take to prevent terrorism against a massive population? How does he convince Clinton and the rest of the department of its significance?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on how the U.S. backs certain countries and why they do it. An example is how the U.S. backs Hussein when he invades Iran or Afghanistan when they are at war with Russia. What motivates the U.S. to help Iraq or Afghanistan during those times? Is it more about the country they are helping or about the enemy?
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)