|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Clarke handles recent terrorist attacks against the U.S., with many dead and injured, what is headlining the media?
2. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
3. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
4. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
5. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
Short Essay Questions
1. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
2. What is the transition from Clinton's administration to George W. Bush's administration like for Clarke and those working in counter-terrorism? How is this transition received by Clarke and others in counter-terrorism?
3. Explain Theme Days and how Clarke handles his counter -terrorism Theme Day?
4. Explain Karl Rove's strategy that Republicans use in election years. How does this strategy turn out?
5. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
6. What are some differences between George W. Bush and Clinton? Which stands out the most to Clarke?
7. What Millennium attack plans are foiled and how are they foiled?
8. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
9. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
10. According to Clarke, what credit does he give Usama bin Laden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Cold War relate to the creation of terrorist groups under Usama bin Laden?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one President's term and research acts of terrorism during the four-year term. Explain how the President responds to terrorism during his term. What influences the President's decision? What acts of terrorism test the President more than others?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about America's relationship with Muslim countries. Which Muslim countries does the U.S. have great relations with? Which are more tentative? Why? What balancing act must America have with Muslim countries?
This section contains 1,496 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)