|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
2. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
3. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
4. Who throws a fit about discussion of al Qaeda at a committee meeting with CSG?
5. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Pakistan involved with al Qaeda? How are Pakistan and U.S. relations? As plans are developed to retaliate against al Qaeda, why is Pakistan mentioned and considered?
2. What kind of relationship does bin Laden have with Turabi from Sudan? What projects do they work on together? What is their common goal?
3. According to Clarke, what credit does he give Usama bin Laden?
4. In terms of taking action against terrorism, where does the White House stand? The Pentagon? How is this seen in their decisions?
5. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
6. What are some differences between George W. Bush and Clinton? Which stands out the most to Clarke?
7. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
8. What are the details in CSG's plan to snatch Usama bin Laden? Why is it vetoed?
9. What Millennium attack plans are foiled and how are they foiled?
10. What is a Pol-Mil Plan? How does it get started?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one President's term and research acts of terrorism during the four-year term. Explain how the President responds to terrorism during his term. What influences the President's decision? What acts of terrorism test the President more than others?
Essay Topic 2
Terrorism involves many departments. Briefly explain the roles of each department that is represented in CSG. What are their roles? How well do they fight terrorism? How do the departments work with one another?
Essay Topic 3
Write a summary of the events that lead to the attack on a Black Hawk in Somalia. How does it reach that point? Is it preventable? How so? What military decisions are made before and after the attack?
This section contains 1,443 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)