|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
2. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
3. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
4. Where does Wechsler learn that al Qaeda gets most of its finances from?
5. How does Wolfowitz add to the threats in Indonesia?
Essay Topic 1
Outline Clarke's role in the government from his first term with Reagan to his last term with George W. Bush. What changes does Clarke go through in his career?
Essay Topic 2
Some countries actively or indirectly support terrorism such as Iran, Sudan, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Choose one country and research in detail the political situation of the country. How do the current events of the time breed terrorism? What is happening that influences the government to turn to terrorism over other alternatives?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the birth and growth of al Qaeda. When does al Qaeda first begin? How does it grow? To what extent does it grow? What is al Qaeda's current situation? Are they still viable,weakening, or growing in strength?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)