|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Will Wechsler, where do people think bin Laden gets his finances from?
2. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
3. What does Berger do for Clarke as Clarke did for him?
4. What does the FBI notice in the summer of 2001?
5. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the forms of terrorism that concern Clarke throughout Clinton's administration. What makes Clarke concerned about chemical, nuclear, and bioterrorism? What steps does Clarke take to prevent terrorism against a massive population? How does he convince Clinton and the rest of the department of its significance?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Reagan and George H.W. Bush's non-military response to Clinton and George W. Bush's military response to terrorism. Which avenue seems to work better? What other influences are there that determines the effectiveness of a response?
Essay Topic 3
Some countries actively or indirectly support terrorism such as Iran, Sudan, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Choose one country and research in detail the political situation of the country. How do the current events of the time breed terrorism? What is happening that influences the government to turn to terrorism over other alternatives?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)