|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
2. Why does the CIA have extra motivation to catch Kansi?
3. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
4. Of the following, which is NOT a lesson learned in Charlie Allen's assembly of intelligence agencies?
5. Why does the CSG not take extra measures to snatch Khalid Sheik Muhammad?
Short Essay Questions
1. List in detail the concerns Clarke has in protecting the troops during the first Iraq War against "special" weapons.
2. Why is the timing of a strike against al Qaeda questionable in relation to the President?
3. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
4. What are the results of al Qaeda's first act of war against the U.S. since their issued fatwa? How does it affect more than just U.S. citizens?
5. Explain Theme Days and how Clarke handles his counter -terrorism Theme Day?
6. What kind of relationship does bin Laden have with Turabi from Sudan? What projects do they work on together? What is their common goal?
7. According to Clarke, what credit does he give Usama bin Laden?
8. How is Clarke able to get funds for embassy hardening? What stops him and who helps him?
9. What are Rice's views of CSG when she works in the NSC for George W. Bush's administration?
10. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on how the U.S. backs certain countries and why they do it. An example is how the U.S. backs Hussein when he invades Iran or Afghanistan when they are at war with Russia. What motivates the U.S. to help Iraq or Afghanistan during those times? Is it more about the country they are helping or about the enemy?
Essay Topic 2
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
Essay Topic 3
Name the departments that Clarke shows frustration and anger with. Provide examples and reasons why he is unhappy with the departments.
This section contains 1,475 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)