|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarke request from Rice?
2. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
3. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
4. What report does an Arab leader give the consul general?
5. What happens on August 7, 1998?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the details in CSG's plan to snatch Usama bin Laden? Why is it vetoed?
2. List in detail the concerns Clarke has in protecting the troops during the first Iraq War against "special" weapons.
3. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
4. How does Afghanistan fare after the Soviets leave at the end of the 1980's? When does Usama bin Laden return, and why at this particular time?
5. Explain Theme Days and how Clarke handles his counter -terrorism Theme Day?
6. What are the results of al Qaeda's first act of war against the U.S. since their issued fatwa? How does it affect more than just U.S. citizens?
7. How is Clarke able to get funds for embassy hardening? What stops him and who helps him?
8. What rejuvenates Intelligence agencies in rethinking al Qaeda? How is this achieved?
9. Explain Karl Rove's strategy that Republicans use in election years. How does this strategy turn out?
10. What are some differences between George W. Bush and Clinton? Which stands out the most to Clarke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Outline Clarke's role in the government from his first term with Reagan to his last term with George W. Bush. What changes does Clarke go through in his career?
Essay Topic 2
What actions or lack of actions allow the 9/11 attacks to occur? Can it be prevented, and if so, how?
Essay Topic 3
What vulnerabilities do superpowers show? How do anti-Americans take advantage of these vulnerabilities? Provide specific examples.
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)