|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
2. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
3. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
4. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
5. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
2. How does Afghanistan fare after the Soviets leave at the end of the 1980's? When does Usama bin Laden return, and why at this particular time?
3. What kind of relationship does bin Laden have with Turabi from Sudan? What projects do they work on together? What is their common goal?
4. What are Rice's views of CSG when she works in the NSC for George W. Bush's administration?
5. What are the obstacles in planning a snatch for Abu Hafs al-Muratani, an associate of bin Laden, in Khartoum?
6. What are the details in CSG's plan to snatch Usama bin Laden? Why is it vetoed?
7. Explain Theme Days and how Clarke handles his counter -terrorism Theme Day?
8. In terms of taking action against terrorism, where does the White House stand? The Pentagon? How is this seen in their decisions?
9. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
10. What is a Pol-Mil Plan? How does it get started?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Terrorism involves many departments. Briefly explain the roles of each department that is represented in CSG. What are their roles? How well do they fight terrorism? How do the departments work with one another?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Reagan and George H.W. Bush's non-military response to Clinton and George W. Bush's military response to terrorism. Which avenue seems to work better? What other influences are there that determines the effectiveness of a response?
Essay Topic 3
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
This section contains 1,473 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)