|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
2. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
3. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
4. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
5. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Saudi Arabian government threaten bin Laden? How does Usama bin Laden remain strong despite these threats?
2. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
3. During the 1990s, what is the political situation in Bahrain? How does this affect the U.S.?
4. Describe Saudi Arabia's situation as Iraq starts to look into Kuwait. What options does the Saudi King have? What factors must he consider in his decisions?
5. How does Saddam try to assassinate George H.W. Bush? Describe the subsequent events that allow the U.S. to discover that Iraq is responsible for the attempt.
6. What are Clarke's feelings about Iraq after the World Trade Center is attacked on September 11, 2001? What does he wish for, and why?
7. How does Condeleeza Rice handle the situation at the White house following the 9/11 attacks? How might others view her actions? How does Clarke view her actions?
8. What is Operation Staunch? How does it further influence the Iran-Iraq war?
9. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
10. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What vulnerabilities do superpowers show? How do anti-Americans take advantage of these vulnerabilities? Provide specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
Essay Topic 3
How does the Cold War relate to the creation of terrorist groups under Usama bin Laden?
This section contains 1,386 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)