|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country noticeably does not attend the International Summit on Terrorism?
2. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
3. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
4. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
5. According to the Counter-terrorism Security Group, what possible target is a major concern?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some differences between George W. Bush and Clinton? Which stands out the most to Clarke?
2. What Millennium attack plans are foiled and how are they foiled?
3. What is the Afghan Services Bureau? What does the CIA believe it is?
4. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
5. In terms of taking action against terrorism, where does the White House stand? The Pentagon? How is this seen in their decisions?
6. Why is the timing of a strike against al Qaeda questionable in relation to the President?
7. How is bin Laden affiliated with the World Trade Center bombing?
8. What do Sam Nunn, Dick Lugan and Pete Dominic have in common? How do they help Clarke's goals with counter-terrorism?
9. According to Clarke, what credit does he give Usama bin Laden?
10. How does Saudi Arabia handle terrorists in their country? What examples show their efforts in stopping terrorism? How do they handle the Khobar attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a summary of the events that lead to the attack on a Black Hawk in Somalia. How does it reach that point? Is it preventable? How so? What military decisions are made before and after the attack?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Cold War relate to the creation of terrorist groups under Usama bin Laden?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the key officials in the immediate reactions of the 9/11 attacks? How are they key officials? What are their roles?
This section contains 2,063 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)