Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
2. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
3. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
4. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
5. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Millennium attack plans are foiled and how are they foiled?
2. How is Clarke able to get funds for embassy hardening? What stops him and who helps him?
3. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
4. When and why does Clarke compare al Qaeda to a Hydra with growing heads?
5. Why does the Saudi Arabian government threaten bin Laden? How does Usama bin Laden remain strong despite these threats?
6. What is different about the terrorists involved with the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 than terrorists from previous attacks?
7. How do Congress and the Clinton administration try to weaken Iran?
8. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
9. What is the conversation between Watson from the FBI and Clarke on a secure line concerning the 9/11 terrorists during the counter-terrorism security group (CSG) meeting? Why does Watson want this conversation on a secure line and not in teleconference with all the other groups?
10. Explain Karl Rove's strategy that Republicans use in election years. How does this strategy turn out?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on how the U.S. backs certain countries and why they do it. An example is how the U.S. backs Hussein when he invades Iran or Afghanistan when they are at war with Russia. What motivates the U.S. to help Iraq or Afghanistan during those times? Is it more about the country they are helping or about the enemy?
Essay Topic 2
What actions or lack of actions allow the 9/11 attacks to occur? Can it be prevented, and if so, how?
Essay Topic 3
What vulnerabilities do superpowers show? How do anti-Americans take advantage of these vulnerabilities? Provide specific examples.
This section contains 1,424 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)