|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
2. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
3. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
4. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
5. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Operation Staunch? How does it further influence the Iran-Iraq war?
2. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
3. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
4. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
5. For the first time, on 9/11 Clarke is able to think as he walks from the Situation Room (SR) to the Presidential Emergency Operations Center (PEOC). What are his thoughts at this time? How might this foreshadow information that may come later in the book?
6. Compare and contrast alliances and enemies from the Reagan administration and George H.W. Bush's administration.
7. What are the pros/cons of strengthening the relationship with Israel?
8. How do Congress and the Clinton administration try to weaken Iran?
9. How does Usama bin Laden become involved in the efforts of Afghanistan?
10. What is the conversation between Watson from the FBI and Clarke on a secure line concerning the 9/11 terrorists during the counter-terrorism security group (CSG) meeting? Why does Watson want this conversation on a secure line and not in teleconference with all the other groups?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What actions or lack of actions allow the 9/11 attacks to occur? Can it be prevented, and if so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one President's term and research acts of terrorism during the four-year term. Explain how the President responds to terrorism during his term. What influences the President's decision? What acts of terrorism test the President more than others?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the key officials in the immediate reactions of the 9/11 attacks? How are they key officials? What are their roles?
This section contains 1,383 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)