|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
2. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
3. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
4. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
5. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Clarke's stance on conspiracy theories? How does he come to this conclusion?
2. How does Saudi Arabia handle terrorists in their country? What examples show their efforts in stopping terrorism? How do they handle the Khobar attack?
3. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
4. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
5. Give a briefing as Clarke does to Bush when they have a teleconference meeting for the first time after the attacks. What happened the morning of 9/11? What are the "Response Actions?"
6. How does Condeleeza Rice handle the situation at the White house following the 9/11 attacks? How might others view her actions? How does Clarke view her actions?
7. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
8. What is the environment in Somalia in 1993? What is happening that the U.N. and U.S. get involved?
9. How is bin Laden affiliated with the World Trade Center bombing?
10. How does Usama bin Laden become involved in the efforts of Afghanistan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on how the U.S. backs certain countries and why they do it. An example is how the U.S. backs Hussein when he invades Iran or Afghanistan when they are at war with Russia. What motivates the U.S. to help Iraq or Afghanistan during those times? Is it more about the country they are helping or about the enemy?
Essay Topic 2
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Clinton and George W. Bush's outlook on terrorism. How do they feel about its threat? What actions do they take? How do they make their decisions on terrorism? What influences their decisions?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)