|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
2. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
3. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
4. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
5. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Operation Staunch? How does it further influence the Iran-Iraq war?
2. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
3. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
4. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
5. What is Reagan's reaction to Hezbollah and other attacks? How does this set up a certain way of thinking in the Middle East?
6. How does Saddam try to assassinate George H.W. Bush? Describe the subsequent events that allow the U.S. to discover that Iraq is responsible for the attempt.
7. Describe Saudi Arabia's situation as Iraq starts to look into Kuwait. What options does the Saudi King have? What factors must he consider in his decisions?
8. What are the pros/cons of strengthening the relationship with Israel?
9. What are Clarke's feelings about Iraq after the World Trade Center is attacked on September 11, 2001? What does he wish for, and why?
10. What is the environment in Somalia in 1993? What is happening that the U.N. and U.S. get involved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the birth and growth of al Qaeda. When does al Qaeda first begin? How does it grow? To what extent does it grow? What is al Qaeda's current situation? Are they still viable,weakening, or growing in strength?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Reagan and George H.W. Bush's non-military response to Clinton and George W. Bush's military response to terrorism. Which avenue seems to work better? What other influences are there that determines the effectiveness of a response?
Essay Topic 3
Terrorism involves many departments. Briefly explain the roles of each department that is represented in CSG. What are their roles? How well do they fight terrorism? How do the departments work with one another?
This section contains 1,389 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)