|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
2. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
3. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
4. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
5. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
2. What is the environment in Somalia in 1993? What is happening that the U.N. and U.S. get involved?
3. Explain Karl Rove's strategy that Republicans use in election years. How does this strategy turn out?
4. What is the conversation between Watson from the FBI and Clarke on a secure line concerning the 9/11 terrorists during the counter-terrorism security group (CSG) meeting? Why does Watson want this conversation on a secure line and not in teleconference with all the other groups?
5. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
6. What is Operation Staunch? How does it further influence the Iran-Iraq war?
7. What are some consequences on homeland security due to the war in Iraq?
8. Give a briefing as Clarke does to Bush when they have a teleconference meeting for the first time after the attacks. What happened the morning of 9/11? What are the "Response Actions?"
9. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
10. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
Essay Topic 1
What ethical, moral and political principals must be considered when making executive decisions that concern illegal acts such as snatches and assassinations? When is it right? Is it ever right? Provide at least two examples of when a President must consider these dilemmas. What does the President decide and how does he come to his conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Write a summary of the events that lead to the attack on a Black Hawk in Somalia. How does it reach that point? Is it preventable? How so? What military decisions are made before and after the attack?
Essay Topic 3
Terrorism involves many departments. Briefly explain the roles of each department that is represented in CSG. What are their roles? How well do they fight terrorism? How do the departments work with one another?
This section contains 1,964 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)