|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
2. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
3. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
4. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
5. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast alliances and enemies from the Reagan administration and George H.W. Bush's administration.
2. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
3. How does Iraq involve Israel into the Persian Gulf War? How is this a smart strategy for Iraq?
4. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
5. What is the Afghan Services Bureau? What does the CIA believe it is?
6. For the first time, on 9/11 Clarke is able to think as he walks from the Situation Room (SR) to the Presidential Emergency Operations Center (PEOC). What are his thoughts at this time? How might this foreshadow information that may come later in the book?
7. Describe Saudi Arabia's situation as Iraq starts to look into Kuwait. What options does the Saudi King have? What factors must he consider in his decisions?
8. What is the environment in Somalia in 1993? What is happening that the U.N. and U.S. get involved?
9. How does Condeleeza Rice handle the situation at the White house following the 9/11 attacks? How might others view her actions? How does Clarke view her actions?
10. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Terrorism involves many departments. Briefly explain the roles of each department that is represented in CSG. What are their roles? How well do they fight terrorism? How do the departments work with one another?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the birth and growth of al Qaeda. When does al Qaeda first begin? How does it grow? To what extent does it grow? What is al Qaeda's current situation? Are they still viable,weakening, or growing in strength?
Essay Topic 3
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
This section contains 1,491 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)