|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
2. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
3. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
4. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
5. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
2. What is different about the terrorists involved with the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 than terrorists from previous attacks?
3. Give a briefing as Clarke does to Bush when they have a teleconference meeting for the first time after the attacks. What happened the morning of 9/11? What are the "Response Actions?"
4. What is Clarke's stance on conspiracy theories? How does he come to this conclusion?
5. During the 1990s, what is the political situation in Bahrain? How does this affect the U.S.?
6. What are the pros/cons of strengthening the relationship with Israel?
7. How does Saddam try to assassinate George H.W. Bush? Describe the subsequent events that allow the U.S. to discover that Iraq is responsible for the attempt.
8. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
9. How do Congress and the Clinton administration try to weaken Iran?
10. What is the Afghan Services Bureau? What does the CIA believe it is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Reagan and George H.W. Bush's non-military response to Clinton and George W. Bush's military response to terrorism. Which avenue seems to work better? What other influences are there that determines the effectiveness of a response?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the forms of terrorism that concern Clarke throughout Clinton's administration. What makes Clarke concerned about chemical, nuclear, and bioterrorism? What steps does Clarke take to prevent terrorism against a massive population? How does he convince Clinton and the rest of the department of its significance?
Essay Topic 3
Write a summary of the events that lead to the attack on a Black Hawk in Somalia. How does it reach that point? Is it preventable? How so? What military decisions are made before and after the attack?
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)