|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
2. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
3. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
4. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
5. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Operation Staunch? How does it further influence the Iran-Iraq war?
2. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
3. How does Saudi Arabia handle terrorists in their country? What examples show their efforts in stopping terrorism? How do they handle the Khobar attack?
4. Give a briefing as Clarke does to Bush when they have a teleconference meeting for the first time after the attacks. What happened the morning of 9/11? What are the "Response Actions?"
5. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
6. Describe Saudi Arabia's situation as Iraq starts to look into Kuwait. What options does the Saudi King have? What factors must he consider in his decisions?
7. What are Clarke's feelings about Iraq after the World Trade Center is attacked on September 11, 2001? What does he wish for, and why?
8. What is the Afghan Services Bureau? What does the CIA believe it is?
9. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
10. How does Saddam try to assassinate George H.W. Bush? Describe the subsequent events that allow the U.S. to discover that Iraq is responsible for the attempt.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ethical, moral and political principals must be considered when making executive decisions that concern illegal acts such as snatches and assassinations? When is it right? Is it ever right? Provide at least two examples of when a President must consider these dilemmas. What does the President decide and how does he come to his conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Cold War relate to the creation of terrorist groups under Usama bin Laden?
Essay Topic 3
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)