|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
2. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
3. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
4. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
5. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast alliances and enemies from the Reagan administration and George H.W. Bush's administration.
2. How does Condeleeza Rice handle the situation at the White house following the 9/11 attacks? How might others view her actions? How does Clarke view her actions?
3. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
4. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
5. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
6. Why does the U.S. send Marine forces into Lebanon? What does Reagan tell the administration, and why?
7. What is Reagan's reaction to Hezbollah and other attacks? How does this set up a certain way of thinking in the Middle East?
8. What is different about the terrorists involved with the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 than terrorists from previous attacks?
9. How does Iraq involve Israel into the Persian Gulf War? How is this a smart strategy for Iraq?
10. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Against All Enemies" is through the eyes of a government official. Write an essay on how 9/11 and other terrorist acts affect non-government civilians. Research primary sources such as newspapers, books, articles. How does the public feel about terrorism against the U.S? Does it matter if it is on foreign or national soil? Does terrorism awareness increase when it hits civilians and not just military personnel?
Essay Topic 2
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the key officials in the immediate reactions of the 9/11 attacks? How are they key officials? What are their roles?
This section contains 1,479 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)