Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
2. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
3. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
4. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
5. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Millennium attack plans are foiled and how are they foiled?
2. How is Clarke able to get funds for embassy hardening? What stops him and who helps him?
3. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
4. When and why does Clarke compare al Qaeda to a Hydra with growing heads?
5. Why does the Saudi Arabian government threaten bin Laden? How does Usama bin Laden remain strong despite these threats?
6. What is different about the terrorists involved with the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 than terrorists from previous attacks?
7. How do Congress and the Clinton administration try to weaken Iran?
8. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
9. What is the conversation between Watson from the FBI and Clarke on a secure line concerning the 9/11 terrorists during the counter-terrorism security group (CSG) meeting? Why does Watson want this conversation on a secure line and not in teleconference with all the other groups?
10. Explain Karl Rove's strategy that Republicans use in election years. How does this strategy turn out?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the forms of terrorism that concern Clarke throughout Clinton's administration. What makes Clarke concerned about chemical, nuclear, and bioterrorism? What steps does Clarke take to prevent terrorism against a massive population? How does he convince Clinton and the rest of the department of its significance?
Essay Topic 2
Further research a terrorist group to learn about its goals, such as al Qaeda or Hezbollah. What does the terrorist group teach its followers? What does it hope to achieve? How does it hope to reach its goals?
Essay Topic 3
Name the departments that Clarke shows frustration and anger with. Provide examples and reasons why he is unhappy with the departments.
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)