|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
2. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
3. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
4. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
5. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Condeleeza Rice handle the situation at the White house following the 9/11 attacks? How might others view her actions? How does Clarke view her actions?
2. How does Saudi Arabia handle terrorists in their country? What examples show their efforts in stopping terrorism? How do they handle the Khobar attack?
3. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
4. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
5. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
6. Describe Saudi Arabia's situation as Iraq starts to look into Kuwait. What options does the Saudi King have? What factors must he consider in his decisions?
7. What is Operation Staunch? How does it further influence the Iran-Iraq war?
8. What is the Afghan Services Bureau? What does the CIA believe it is?
9. How is bin Laden affiliated with the World Trade Center bombing?
10. For the first time, on 9/11 Clarke is able to think as he walks from the Situation Room (SR) to the Presidential Emergency Operations Center (PEOC). What are his thoughts at this time? How might this foreshadow information that may come later in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Terrorism involves many departments. Briefly explain the roles of each department that is represented in CSG. What are their roles? How well do they fight terrorism? How do the departments work with one another?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Clinton and George W. Bush's outlook on terrorism. How do they feel about its threat? What actions do they take? How do they make their decisions on terrorism? What influences their decisions?
Essay Topic 3
What actions or lack of actions allow the 9/11 attacks to occur? Can it be prevented, and if so, how?
This section contains 1,308 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)