|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
2. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
3. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
4. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
5. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Saudi Arabia handle terrorists in their country? What examples show their efforts in stopping terrorism? How do they handle the Khobar attack?
2. What is the conversation between Watson from the FBI and Clarke on a secure line concerning the 9/11 terrorists during the counter-terrorism security group (CSG) meeting? Why does Watson want this conversation on a secure line and not in teleconference with all the other groups?
3. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
4. How does Iraq involve Israel into the Persian Gulf War? How is this a smart strategy for Iraq?
5. Why does the U.S. send Marine forces into Lebanon? What does Reagan tell the administration, and why?
6. What are Clarke's feelings about Iraq after the World Trade Center is attacked on September 11, 2001? What does he wish for, and why?
7. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
8. How does Saddam try to assassinate George H.W. Bush? Describe the subsequent events that allow the U.S. to discover that Iraq is responsible for the attempt.
9. How is bin Laden affiliated with the World Trade Center bombing?
10. As terrorist attacks occur in New York and D.C., how are high levels in the White House expected to react? How is this difficult in the job? How is this difficult as a person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on how the U.S. backs certain countries and why they do it. An example is how the U.S. backs Hussein when he invades Iran or Afghanistan when they are at war with Russia. What motivates the U.S. to help Iraq or Afghanistan during those times? Is it more about the country they are helping or about the enemy?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Cold War relate to the creation of terrorist groups under Usama bin Laden?
Essay Topic 3
What vulnerabilities do superpowers show? How do anti-Americans take advantage of these vulnerabilities? Provide specific examples.
This section contains 1,449 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)