|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gore believe he does well?
2. What causes Aideed to go underground?
3. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
4. How do the surviving families of TWA 800 respond to Clinton's visit?
5. Which country noticeably does not attend the International Summit on Terrorism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
2. How does Usama bin Laden become involved in the efforts of Afghanistan?
3. What is the Afghan Services Bureau? What does the CIA believe it is?
4. How does Saudi Arabia handle terrorists in their country? What examples show their efforts in stopping terrorism? How do they handle the Khobar attack?
5. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
6. How does Saddam try to assassinate George H.W. Bush? Describe the subsequent events that allow the U.S. to discover that Iraq is responsible for the attempt.
7. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
8. Give a briefing as Clarke does to Bush when they have a teleconference meeting for the first time after the attacks. What happened the morning of 9/11? What are the "Response Actions?"
9. What is different about the terrorists involved with the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 than terrorists from previous attacks?
10. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Cold War relate to the creation of terrorist groups under Usama bin Laden?
Essay Topic 2
What vulnerabilities do superpowers show? How do anti-Americans take advantage of these vulnerabilities? Provide specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one President's term and research acts of terrorism during the four-year term. Explain how the President responds to terrorism during his term. What influences the President's decision? What acts of terrorism test the President more than others?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)