|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
2. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
3. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
4. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
5. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Millennium attack plans are foiled and how are they foiled?
2. How is Clarke able to get funds for embassy hardening? What stops him and who helps him?
3. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
4. When and why does Clarke compare al Qaeda to a Hydra with growing heads?
5. Why does the Saudi Arabian government threaten bin Laden? How does Usama bin Laden remain strong despite these threats?
6. What is different about the terrorists involved with the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 than terrorists from previous attacks?
7. How do Congress and the Clinton administration try to weaken Iran?
8. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
9. What is the conversation between Watson from the FBI and Clarke on a secure line concerning the 9/11 terrorists during the counter-terrorism security group (CSG) meeting? Why does Watson want this conversation on a secure line and not in teleconference with all the other groups?
10. Explain Karl Rove's strategy that Republicans use in election years. How does this strategy turn out?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Clinton and George W. Bush's outlook on terrorism. How do they feel about its threat? What actions do they take? How do they make their decisions on terrorism? What influences their decisions?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Cold War relate to the creation of terrorist groups under Usama bin Laden?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the key officials in the immediate reactions of the 9/11 attacks? How are they key officials? What are their roles?
This section contains 2,117 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)