|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
2. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
3. What does Freeh believe is the cause of Saudi Arabia's lack of cooperation with the FBI?
4. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
5. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
Short Essay Questions
1. As terrorist attacks occur in New York and D.C., how are high levels in the White House expected to react? How is this difficult in the job? How is this difficult as a person?
2. What are Clarke's feelings about Iraq after the World Trade Center is attacked on September 11, 2001? What does he wish for, and why?
3. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
4. Why does the U.S. send Marine forces into Lebanon? What does Reagan tell the administration, and why?
5. What is Clarke's stance on conspiracy theories? How does he come to this conclusion?
6. What is President Bush adamant about despite the international law that Rumsfield reminds him of? What is the international law that Rumsfield mentions to Bush?
7. What is Operation Staunch? How does it further influence the Iran-Iraq war?
8. How does Iraq involve Israel into the Persian Gulf War? How is this a smart strategy for Iraq?
9. During the 1990s, what is the political situation in Bahrain? How does this affect the U.S.?
10. What is different about the terrorists involved with the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 than terrorists from previous attacks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ethical, moral and political principals must be considered when making executive decisions that concern illegal acts such as snatches and assassinations? When is it right? Is it ever right? Provide at least two examples of when a President must consider these dilemmas. What does the President decide and how does he come to his conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Terrorism involves many departments. Briefly explain the roles of each department that is represented in CSG. What are their roles? How well do they fight terrorism? How do the departments work with one another?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the birth and growth of al Qaeda. When does al Qaeda first begin? How does it grow? To what extent does it grow? What is al Qaeda's current situation? Are they still viable,weakening, or growing in strength?
This section contains 1,348 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)