|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
2. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
3. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
4. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
5. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is bin Laden affiliated with the World Trade Center bombing?
2. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
3. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
4. What is Operation Staunch? How does it further influence the Iran-Iraq war?
5. How does Iraq involve Israel into the Persian Gulf War? How is this a smart strategy for Iraq?
6. What is the conversation between Watson from the FBI and Clarke on a secure line concerning the 9/11 terrorists during the counter-terrorism security group (CSG) meeting? Why does Watson want this conversation on a secure line and not in teleconference with all the other groups?
7. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
8. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
9. What is the Afghan Services Bureau? What does the CIA believe it is?
10. During the 1990s, what is the political situation in Bahrain? How does this affect the U.S.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Against All Enemies" is through the eyes of a government official. Write an essay on how 9/11 and other terrorist acts affect non-government civilians. Research primary sources such as newspapers, books, articles. How does the public feel about terrorism against the U.S? Does it matter if it is on foreign or national soil? Does terrorism awareness increase when it hits civilians and not just military personnel?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about America's relationship with Muslim countries. Which Muslim countries does the U.S. have great relations with? Which are more tentative? Why? What balancing act must America have with Muslim countries?
Essay Topic 3
The Counter-terrorism Security Group changes with each new terms' demands. Write an essay outlining the CSG under Reagan to its work during George W. Bush's administration. When is it at its strongest? At its weakest? What responsibilities does the CSG have during each Presidency? What is Clarke's main concern during each term?
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)