|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
2. As Clarke handles recent terrorist attacks against the U.S., with many dead and injured, what is headlining the media?
(a) Clinton's infidelity scandal.
(b) How Republicans hold Congress majority.
(c) The need for homeland security.
(d) American Idol.
3. Of the following, which is NOT a lesson learned in Charlie Allen's assembly of intelligence agencies?
(a) The agencies never got together to consider al Qaeda's weapons before.
(b) There are less possiblities of weapons locations than they realized.
(c) It is impossible to prove al Qaeda does not have weapons of mass destruction.
(d) It is easier to hide weapons of mass destruction than find them.
4. What does Clarke request from Rice?
(a) To become head of new Critical Infrastructure Protection and Cyber Security
(b) Funding to infiltrate Afghanistan with Predators.
(c) To reinstate CSG in NSC.
(d) A new deputy.
5. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
(a) It will cause a war with Afghanistan and Russia all over again.
(b) Afghanistan is not where al Qaeda works from.
(c) Afghanistan is willing to work diplomatically with the U.S.
(d) The U.S. is already known as the Mad Bomber.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is the global response to the U.S.'s invasion of Iraq after 9/11?
2. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
3. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
4. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
5. What does "Critical Infrastructure Protection" refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
2. What are the results of al Qaeda's first act of war against the U.S. since their issued fatwa? How does it affect more than just U.S. citizens?
3. How does Afghanistan fare after the Soviets leave at the end of the 1980's? When does Usama bin Laden return, and why at this particular time?
4. What are Rice's views of CSG when she works in the NSC for George W. Bush's administration?
5. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
6. Why is the timing of a strike against al Qaeda questionable in relation to the President?
7. What do Sam Nunn, Dick Lugan and Pete Dominic have in common? How do they help Clarke's goals with counter-terrorism?
8. What are the details in CSG's plan to snatch Usama bin Laden? Why is it vetoed?
9. What kind of relationship does bin Laden have with Turabi from Sudan? What projects do they work on together? What is their common goal?
10. What is a Pol-Mil Plan? How does it get started?
This section contains 1,490 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)