|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
(a) Senior officials feel prepared and are not worried.
(b) Some are alarmed, but most do not see the urgency.
(c) The Pentagon seems worried, but the White House does not see the urgency.
(d) Most go to work waiting for something big to happen.
2. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
(a) A horse.
(b) They do not even know what anthrax is.
(c) Current research but nothing proven.
(d) Enough vaccinations for high officials.
3. Who throws a fit about discussion of al Qaeda at a committee meeting with CSG?
(a) Donald Rumsfeld.
(b) Paul Wolfowitz.
(c) Dick Cheney.
(d) Rich Armitage.
4. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) He prefers the CIA's plans.
(b) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
(c) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
(d) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
5. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
(a) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gest struck in traffic and does not show.
(b) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle does not work during a demonstration.
(c) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gets towed away.
(d) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle catches on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
2. Where does CSG send specialized security after their meeting on August 8, 1998?
3. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
4. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
5. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Karl Rove's strategy that Republicans use in election years. How does this strategy turn out?
2. What are the results of al Qaeda's first act of war against the U.S. since their issued fatwa? How does it affect more than just U.S. citizens?
3. How is Pakistan involved with al Qaeda? How are Pakistan and U.S. relations? As plans are developed to retaliate against al Qaeda, why is Pakistan mentioned and considered?
4. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
5. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
6. What are the obstacles in planning a snatch for Abu Hafs al-Muratani, an associate of bin Laden, in Khartoum?
7. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
8. What is a Pol-Mil Plan? How does it get started?
9. Explain Theme Days and how Clarke handles his counter -terrorism Theme Day?
10. In terms of taking action against terrorism, where does the White House stand? The Pentagon? How is this seen in their decisions?
This section contains 1,501 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)