|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
(a) By downplaying its possibility in the near future.
(b) By assuring the government has a handle on defenses.
(c) Through a series of briefings and speeches such as that on 60 minutes.
(d) His ability to use laymen's words and not medical jargon.
2. How does Wolfowitz add to the threats in Indonesia?
(a) By giving false imformation to the amabassador.
(b) By giving false assurances to embassy staff.
(c) By not reading intelligence reports on time.
(d) Be having Gelbard removed.
3. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
(a) He sends men, arms, and money to fight against the Serbs.
(b) He plans terrorist attacks on President Izetbegovic.
(c) He allies with them against Russia.
(d) He finances their war.
4. With Executive Order 13099, what does Clarke finally get to focus on?
(a) Prevention and not just response.
(b) Stopping terrorism financing.
(c) Chemical agents in Shifa.
5. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
(a) Egypt's threat of military buildup.
(b) Turabi becomes too controlling for bin Laden.
(c) The CIA and FBI has infiltrated Khartoum.
(d) Usama bin Laden believes Turabi has lost sight of the Caliphate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What report does an Arab leader give the consul general?
2. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
3. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
4. Where does CSG send specialized security after their meeting on August 8, 1998?
5. How many cruise missiles are launched against al Qaeda camps and target buildings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Karl Rove's strategy that Republicans use in election years. How does this strategy turn out?
2. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
3. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
4. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
5. How does Afghanistan fare after the Soviets leave at the end of the 1980's? When does Usama bin Laden return, and why at this particular time?
6. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
7. What rejuvenates Intelligence agencies in rethinking al Qaeda? How is this achieved?
8. According to Clarke, what credit does he give Usama bin Laden?
9. What Millennium attack plans are foiled and how are they foiled?
10. What are Rice's views of CSG when she works in the NSC for George W. Bush's administration?
This section contains 1,414 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)