|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Powell suggest to fight the al Qaeda threat?
(a) Put pressure on Pakistan to ally with the U.S. and against theTaliban and al Qaeda.
(b) Use U.S.-supporting Afghans to infiltrate al Qaeda cells.
(c) Ally with Russia and other countries for unsuspected intelligence resources.
(d) Massive attack on Afghanistan training camps.
2. What does the FBI notice in the summer of 2001?
(a) There are al Qaeda sleeper cells in the U.S.
(b) They are the prime department to catch al Qaeda.
(c) Strange events in flight schools across U.S.
(d) There are no active al Qaeda cells in the U.S.
3. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
(a) Iraq used them on Iran when U.S. was helping Iraq.
(b) CIA intelligence shows an "agriculture" building as the research center.
(c) Hussein threatens Clinton with it.
(d) From a surprise U.N. inspection.
4. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
(a) Times Square is a prime target for an al Qaeda attack.
(b) DOD will no longer be able to finance their attack operations for counter-terrorism.
(c) al Qaeda cells are now known to be in the U.S.
(d) Jordan infiltrated an al Qaeda cell with numerous millenium attack plans.
5. What weakness do Rice and Hadley have in their new positions under George W. Bush's administration?
(a) They often feel the need to check with the President before making a call.
(b) Neither are firm in their decisions.
(c) They last worked in NSC during Cold War.
(d) They are both passive agressive people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which is NOT a lesson learned in Charlie Allen's assembly of intelligence agencies?
2. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
3. What troubling news does the CIA bring to the 0730 CSG meeting on August 7, 1998?
4. What surprises Powell when he observes a meeting between CSG, NSC, State, Defense, CIA, FBI, and military?
5. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)