|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
(a) From a surprise U.N. inspection.
(b) CIA intelligence shows an "agriculture" building as the research center.
(c) Hussein threatens Clinton with it.
(d) Iraq used them on Iran when U.S. was helping Iraq.
2. According to Will Wechsler, where do people think bin Laden gets his finances from?
(a) His father.
(b) Small donations from his followers.
(c) The Sudanese government.
(d) The Saudi Arabian government.
3. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
(a) The Pentagon seems worried, but the White House does not see the urgency.
(b) Most go to work waiting for something big to happen.
(c) Some are alarmed, but most do not see the urgency.
(d) Senior officials feel prepared and are not worried.
4. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
5. What prompts Health and Human Services to attend a CSG meeting for the first time?
(a) The Pentagon wants to start a biological weapons program.
(b) Clinton wants to initiate a national medical emergency plan.
(c) Anthrax is found in a Cogressman's mail.
(d) A chemical agent is released in Tokyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
2. How many cruise missiles are launched against al Qaeda camps and target buildings?
3. What does the FBI notice in the summer of 2001?
4. Under the Bush administration, who chairs the NSC Principals meeting?
5. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Theme Days and how Clarke handles his counter -terrorism Theme Day?
2. How is Pakistan involved with al Qaeda? How are Pakistan and U.S. relations? As plans are developed to retaliate against al Qaeda, why is Pakistan mentioned and considered?
3. What Millennium attack plans are foiled and how are they foiled?
4. How does Afghanistan fare after the Soviets leave at the end of the 1980's? When does Usama bin Laden return, and why at this particular time?
5. In terms of taking action against terrorism, where does the White House stand? The Pentagon? How is this seen in their decisions?
6. What are the general American reactions to U.S.'s retaliation with missiles? How do they come to this conclusion? Is it reasonable?
7. What are the results of al Qaeda's first act of war against the U.S. since their issued fatwa? How does it affect more than just U.S. citizens?
8. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
9. According to Clarke, what credit does he give Usama bin Laden?
10. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
This section contains 1,595 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)