|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
(a) The Pentagon seems worried, but the White House does not see the urgency.
(b) Some are alarmed, but most do not see the urgency.
(c) Senior officials feel prepared and are not worried.
(d) Most go to work waiting for something big to happen.
2. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
(a) United Arab Emirates.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
3. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
(a) Sarin nerve gas attacks.
(b) Hanta virus attacks.
(c) Anthrax attacks.
(d) Smallpox virus attacks.
4. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
(a) Usama bin Laden is to meet his high officials.
(b) Snipers are to take out bin Laden.
(c) Congress will vote on Clinton's impeachment.
(d) U.S. will bomb Iran.
5. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
(a) Specialized arrest.
(b) Seize and capture.
(c) Extraordinary renditions.
(d) Reserved acquisition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Millennium After Action review mostly focus on?
2. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
3. Where does Wechsler learn that al Qaeda gets most of its finances from?
4. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
5. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the obstacles in planning a snatch for Abu Hafs al-Muratani, an associate of bin Laden, in Khartoum?
2. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
3. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
4. Why is the timing of a strike against al Qaeda questionable in relation to the President?
5. What are the results of al Qaeda's first act of war against the U.S. since their issued fatwa? How does it affect more than just U.S. citizens?
6. What kind of relationship does bin Laden have with Turabi from Sudan? What projects do they work on together? What is their common goal?
7. What Millennium attack plans are foiled and how are they foiled?
8. What rejuvenates Intelligence agencies in rethinking al Qaeda? How is this achieved?
9. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
10. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
This section contains 1,449 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)