|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
(a) Violent protests such as the World Trade Organization meeting in Seattle.
(b) Domestic terrorists such as McVeigh.
(c) Russian and Chinese espionage.
(d) Underground mobs.
2. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
(a) United Arab Emirates.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
3. What plan of attack does al Qaeda execute in Indonesia?
(a) They bomb 4 marketplaces throughout the country simultaneously.
(b) They bomb 20 churches on Christmas in 2000.
(c) They bomb multiple hotels throughout the Christmas holiday season.
(d) They bomb the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta.
4. How does the U.S. plan to pass Pakistan airspace without issues?
(a) Secretary of State will issue warning to Pakistan just minutes before it occurs.
(b) The U.S. will use a stealth bomber to avoid radar detection.
(c) Gore will personally call up the Pakistani general and ask him.
(d) Ralston will have dinner with the Pakistani general.
5. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
(a) The Chicago mob scene.
(b) The Cali drug cartel.
(c) The Medellin drug cartel.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
2. According to Will Wechsler, where do people think bin Laden gets his finances from?
3. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
4. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
5. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rejuvenates Intelligence agencies in rethinking al Qaeda? How is this achieved?
2. How is Pakistan involved with al Qaeda? How are Pakistan and U.S. relations? As plans are developed to retaliate against al Qaeda, why is Pakistan mentioned and considered?
3. What are Rice's views of CSG when she works in the NSC for George W. Bush's administration?
4. What are the results of al Qaeda's first act of war against the U.S. since their issued fatwa? How does it affect more than just U.S. citizens?
5. What are the details in CSG's plan to snatch Usama bin Laden? Why is it vetoed?
6. In detail, describe the Cabinet meeting that gives the departments a wake-up call about how the U.S. lacks a chemical, biological and nuclear weapons response system.
7. What kind of relationship does bin Laden have with Turabi from Sudan? What projects do they work on together? What is their common goal?
8. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
9. What are the general American reactions to U.S.'s retaliation with missiles? How do they come to this conclusion? Is it reasonable?
10. What are the major problems that prevent reasoning with the Taliban?
This section contains 1,626 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)