|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
(a) He promises bonuses when he gets information on al Qaeda.
(b) He gets Gore to speak directly with them.
(c) He threatens their bonuses, promotion and city assignments.
(d) He shows them evidence that cells exist in their cities.
2. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
(a) Violent protests such as the World Trade Organization meeting in Seattle.
(b) Russian and Chinese espionage.
(c) Domestic terrorists such as McVeigh.
(d) Underground mobs.
3. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
(a) He believes Iraq has them and is willing to use them.
(b) He thinks it will send an immediate message if they use it on Iraq.
(c) He thinks they are "goofy."
(d) He believes they should send them overseas but use them only as an emergency.
4. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
(a) Policy on targeted assassinations.
(b) Policy on snatches.
(c) Policy on "retaliation."
(d) Policy on sanctions.
5. What weakness do Rice and Hadley have in their new positions under George W. Bush's administration?
(a) They often feel the need to check with the President before making a call.
(b) They last worked in NSC during Cold War.
(c) They are both passive agressive people.
(d) Neither are firm in their decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
2. According to Will Wechsler, where do people think bin Laden gets his finances from?
3. Where does CSG send specialized security after their meeting on August 8, 1998?
4. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
5. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)