|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) Harbors and borders.
(b) Major highways to and from New York City.
(c) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
(d) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
2. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash into the Sears Tower.
(b) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(c) The crash in New York.
(d) The crash into the Pentagon.
3. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(b) Evacuate the White House.
(c) Attack al Qaeda.
(d) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
4. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(b) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(c) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
(d) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
5. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(a) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(b) Anti-missile lasers.
(d) Hind-D helicopters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
2. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
3. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
4. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
5. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
2. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
3. How does Saudi Arabia handle terrorists in their country? What examples show their efforts in stopping terrorism? How do they handle the Khobar attack?
4. How do Congress and the Clinton administration try to weaken Iran?
5. What is the Afghan Services Bureau? What does the CIA believe it is?
6. What is different about the terrorists involved with the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 than terrorists from previous attacks?
7. How does Usama bin Laden become involved in the efforts of Afghanistan?
8. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
9. Compare and contrast alliances and enemies from the Reagan administration and George H.W. Bush's administration.
10. Why does the Saudi Arabian government threaten bin Laden? How does Usama bin Laden remain strong despite these threats?
This section contains 1,369 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)