|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(b) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(c) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(d) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
2. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
3. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
(a) Assassination attempt on President Clinton.
(b) Aircraft bombings on 11 different flights.
(c) Attacks on the Sears and John Hancock Tower in Chicago.
(d) Infiltration into the Pentagon's computer system.
4. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
(b) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(c) They are the next rising superpower.
(d) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
5. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
(b) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
(c) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(d) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
2. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
4. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
5. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
2. What is the environment in Somalia in 1993? What is happening that the U.N. and U.S. get involved?
3. Compare and contrast alliances and enemies from the Reagan administration and George H.W. Bush's administration.
4. Give a briefing as Clarke does to Bush when they have a teleconference meeting for the first time after the attacks. What happened the morning of 9/11? What are the "Response Actions?"
5. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
6. How does Usama bin Laden become involved in the efforts of Afghanistan?
7. Why does the U.S. send Marine forces into Lebanon? What does Reagan tell the administration, and why?
8. As terrorist attacks occur in New York and D.C., how are high levels in the White House expected to react? How is this difficult in the job? How is this difficult as a person?
9. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
10. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
This section contains 1,519 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)