|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
(b) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(c) They completely agree and back him.
(d) They think he is nuts.
2. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
(b) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
(c) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(d) Why the WTC would be a target.
3. How many men are involved with the WTC bombing?
4. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
5. According to the Counter-terrorism Security Group, what possible target is a major concern?
(a) Political Conventions.
(b) Olympic Games in Atlanta.
(c) The World Exposition in New York.
(d) Embassies across the globe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
2. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
3. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
4. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
5. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the U.S. send Marine forces into Lebanon? What does Reagan tell the administration, and why?
2. What are the pros/cons of strengthening the relationship with Israel?
3. How does Saudi Arabia handle terrorists in their country? What examples show their efforts in stopping terrorism? How do they handle the Khobar attack?
4. What is Reagan's reaction to Hezbollah and other attacks? How does this set up a certain way of thinking in the Middle East?
5. Why does the Saudi Arabian government threaten bin Laden? How does Usama bin Laden remain strong despite these threats?
6. Describe Saudi Arabia's situation as Iraq starts to look into Kuwait. What options does the Saudi King have? What factors must he consider in his decisions?
7. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
8. What are Clarke's feelings about Iraq after the World Trade Center is attacked on September 11, 2001? What does he wish for, and why?
9. How does Saddam try to assassinate George H.W. Bush? Describe the subsequent events that allow the U.S. to discover that Iraq is responsible for the attempt.
10. How does Iraq involve Israel into the Persian Gulf War? How is this a smart strategy for Iraq?
This section contains 1,443 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)