|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
(a) Bahraini refugees in Oman.
(b) The Bahraini military.
(c) The Bahraini Shi'a.
(d) Sunni minority in Bahrain.
2. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
(a) Shoots down an Iranian passenger plane.
(b) Does not communicate on the right line and misses instructions.
(c) Sends bombs to the wrong coordinates.
(d) Heads in the wrong direction and meets the Iraqi oil tankers.
3. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
(a) National Guard.
(b) Secret Service.
4. The increase in counter-terrorism budget helped do what?
(a) Strengthen the Secret Service staff.
(b) Allow better intelligence capabilities.
(c) Increase airport security.
(d) Strengthen the Air Marshalls Program.
5. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) Clarke was in the vicinity.
(b) Scowcroft asks him about it.
(c) O'Neill calls him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
2. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
3. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
4. What does Freeh believe is the cause of Saudi Arabia's lack of cooperation with the FBI?
5. Which country noticeably does not attend the International Summit on Terrorism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is President Bush adamant about despite the international law that Rumsfield reminds him of? What is the international law that Rumsfield mentions to Bush?
2. Compare and contrast alliances and enemies from the Reagan administration and George H.W. Bush's administration.
3. During the 1990s, what is the political situation in Bahrain? How does this affect the U.S.?
4. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
5. What is the environment in Somalia in 1993? What is happening that the U.N. and U.S. get involved?
6. How is bin Laden affiliated with the World Trade Center bombing?
7. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
8. How does Iraq involve Israel into the Persian Gulf War? How is this a smart strategy for Iraq?
9. Describe Saudi Arabia's situation as Iraq starts to look into Kuwait. What options does the Saudi King have? What factors must he consider in his decisions?
10. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
This section contains 1,397 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)