|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) War with Iraq.
(b) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) Precautions before entering a war.
2. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(b) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(c) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(d) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
3. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
(b) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(c) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
(d) He pulls relief aid.
4. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
(a) Make execution the only possible terrorist punishment.
(b) Make it illegal to fund terrorist groups.
(c) Publicize all possible suspects on a nationwide emergency network.
(d) Greater collaborative effort from all departments.
5. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(c) United Arab Emirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
2. What does Gore believe he does well?
3. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
4. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
5. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Saudi Arabia handle terrorists in their country? What examples show their efforts in stopping terrorism? How do they handle the Khobar attack?
2. How does Condeleeza Rice handle the situation at the White house following the 9/11 attacks? How might others view her actions? How does Clarke view her actions?
3. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
4. Give a briefing as Clarke does to Bush when they have a teleconference meeting for the first time after the attacks. What happened the morning of 9/11? What are the "Response Actions?"
5. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
6. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
7. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
8. How does Iraq involve Israel into the Persian Gulf War? How is this a smart strategy for Iraq?
9. Compare and contrast alliances and enemies from the Reagan administration and George H.W. Bush's administration.
10. How does Usama bin Laden become involved in the efforts of Afghanistan?
This section contains 1,453 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)