|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(b) To ally with Israel.
(c) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(d) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
2. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(b) They think he is nuts.
(c) They completely agree and back him.
(d) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
3. What does Gore believe he does well?
(a) Security plans.
(b) Scare people into doing their jobs well.
(c) Look mad.
(d) Head meetings.
4. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
(b) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(c) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
(d) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
5. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(b) He pulls relief aid.
(c) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
(d) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
2. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
3. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
4. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
5. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Reagan's reaction to Hezbollah and other attacks? How does this set up a certain way of thinking in the Middle East?
2. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
3. Why does Clarke believe the fight against terrorism begins with Reagan's administration?
4. During the 1990s, what is the political situation in Bahrain? How does this affect the U.S.?
5. What is the environment in Somalia in 1993? What is happening that the U.N. and U.S. get involved?
6. How is bin Laden affiliated with the World Trade Center bombing?
7. How does Saddam try to assassinate George H.W. Bush? Describe the subsequent events that allow the U.S. to discover that Iraq is responsible for the attempt.
8. How does Usama bin Laden become involved in the efforts of Afghanistan?
9. Why does the U.S. send Marine forces into Lebanon? What does Reagan tell the administration, and why?
10. What are the pros/cons of strengthening the relationship with Israel?
This section contains 1,432 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)