|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(b) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(c) To ally with Israel.
(d) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
2. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
(a) Be ready with a peacekeeping force in 6 months.
(b) Promote involvement from other countries to help with relief aid trafficking.
(c) Send immediate relief aid.
(d) Have a peacekeeping force collaborate with the U.S. within 2 weeks.
3. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
(a) The Bahraini Shi'a.
(b) The Bahraini military.
(c) Bahraini refugees in Oman.
(d) Sunni minority in Bahrain.
4. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
(a) Ally with Saudi Arabia for a small-scale attack.
(b) Employ an intelligence operation.
(c) Attack Iranian sponsored terrorist camps in Lebanon.
(d) Convince allies to an economic boycott.
5. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(b) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(c) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(d) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
2. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
3. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
4. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
5. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and why does Clarke compare al Qaeda to a Hydra with growing heads?
2. How is Clarke able to get funds for embassy hardening? What stops him and who helps him?
3. How does Condeleeza Rice handle the situation at the White house following the 9/11 attacks? How might others view her actions? How does Clarke view her actions?
4. What are the obstacles in planning a snatch for Abu Hafs al-Muratani, an associate of bin Laden, in Khartoum?
5. Compare and contrast "drug czar" with the new "terrorism czar."
6. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
7. What are some differences between George W. Bush and Clinton? Which stands out the most to Clarke?
8. How does Usama bin Laden become involved in the efforts of Afghanistan?
9. What is the Afghan Services Bureau? What does the CIA believe it is?
10. Describe Saudi Arabia's situation as Iraq starts to look into Kuwait. What options does the Saudi King have? What factors must he consider in his decisions?
This section contains 1,429 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)