|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
(a) Continue arms trade with South Africa.
(b) Exports oil to the U.S.
(c) Fund terrorism against Syria.
(d) Export oil to the U.K.
2. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) Major highways to and from New York City.
(b) Harbors and borders.
(c) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
(d) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
3. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(b) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(c) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(d) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
4. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(b) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(c) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(d) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
5. What does Freeh believe is the cause of Saudi Arabia's lack of cooperation with the FBI?
(a) FBI is to intimidating for the Saudi Arabian Special Forces.
(b) It is a Clinton cover-up.
(c) Saudi Arabia is too proud to let others co-command.
(d) They are part of the terrorist group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
2. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
3. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
4. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Congress and the Clinton administration try to weaken Iran?
2. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
3. Give a briefing as Clarke does to Bush when they have a teleconference meeting for the first time after the attacks. What happened the morning of 9/11? What are the "Response Actions?"
4. As terrorist attacks occur in New York and D.C., how are high levels in the White House expected to react? How is this difficult in the job? How is this difficult as a person?
5. What are Clarke's feelings about Iraq after the World Trade Center is attacked on September 11, 2001? What does he wish for, and why?
6. Explain the steps and methods the FBI takes to determine the cause of the TWA 800's explosion. What do the FBI and other departments believe the cause is as the investigation progresses?
7. What are the pros/cons of strengthening the relationship with Israel?
8. How does Condeleeza Rice handle the situation at the White house following the 9/11 attacks? How might others view her actions? How does Clarke view her actions?
9. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
10. Explain how the U.S. is able to act fast with many of the Arab Nations and allow the U.S. troops to come into their country just previous to the Persian Gulf War.
This section contains 1,527 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)