|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) What to do about al Qaeda.
(b) How to invade Iraq.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) How they can link Saddam to this.
2. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) They are to find the culprits.
(b) They are to implement greater security measures at WTC.
(c) They are secondary under Clarke's command.
(d) They are to determine WTC's security weaknesses.
3. What does Gore believe he does well?
(a) Head meetings.
(b) Look mad.
(c) Security plans.
(d) Scare people into doing their jobs well.
4. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
(b) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
(c) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(d) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
5. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) Why the WTC would be a target.
(b) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
(c) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(d) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
2. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
3. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
4. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
5. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Iraq involve Israel into the Persian Gulf War? How is this a smart strategy for Iraq?
2. Compare and contrast alliances and enemies from the Reagan administration and George H.W. Bush's administration.
3. What is the dispute between the FBI and Clarke concerning Air Marshalls?
4. Describe Saudi Arabia's situation as Iraq starts to look into Kuwait. What options does the Saudi King have? What factors must he consider in his decisions?
5. Why does the Saudi Arabian government threaten bin Laden? How does Usama bin Laden remain strong despite these threats?
6. What is different about the terrorists involved with the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 than terrorists from previous attacks?
7. What is Clarke's stance on conspiracy theories? How does he come to this conclusion?
8. What is Operation Staunch? How does it further influence the Iran-Iraq war?
9. Give a briefing as Clarke does to Bush when they have a teleconference meeting for the first time after the attacks. What happened the morning of 9/11? What are the "Response Actions?"
10. How does Usama bin Laden become involved in the efforts of Afghanistan?
This section contains 1,426 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)