|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(b) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(c) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(d) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
2. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
3. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
(a) The Shi'a takes over the government.
(b) Hussein begins to threaten Israel.
(c) Hussein begins an alliance with bin Laden.
(d) The Republican Guards kill all that revolted against Hussein.
4. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Iran attacks Israel.
(b) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(c) Russia invades Iran.
(d) Hussein attacks Iran.
5. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) Freeh tells him not to.
(b) The FBI already arrives on scene.
(c) It's the first major domestic terrorist attack.
(d) Clarke is not a popular figure amongst the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
2. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
3. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
4. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
5. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Usama bin Laden become involved in the efforts of Afghanistan?
2. Why does Iraq's attack on Kuwait concern the U.S. and other nations? What are the countries fearful of?
3. During the 1990s, what is the political situation in Bahrain? How does this affect the U.S.?
4. What is the conversation between Watson from the FBI and Clarke on a secure line concerning the 9/11 terrorists during the counter-terrorism security group (CSG) meeting? Why does Watson want this conversation on a secure line and not in teleconference with all the other groups?
5. What is the environment in Somalia in 1993? What is happening that the U.N. and U.S. get involved?
6. Why does the U.S. send Marine forces into Lebanon? What does Reagan tell the administration, and why?
7. What is Operation Staunch? How does it further influence the Iran-Iraq war?
8. How does Saddam try to assassinate George H.W. Bush? Describe the subsequent events that allow the U.S. to discover that Iraq is responsible for the attempt.
9. How is bin Laden affiliated with the World Trade Center bombing?
10. Give a briefing as Clarke does to Bush when they have a teleconference meeting for the first time after the attacks. What happened the morning of 9/11? What are the "Response Actions?"
This section contains 1,282 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)