|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How they can link Saddam to this.
(b) How to get Pakistan's support.
(c) What to do about al Qaeda.
(d) How to invade Iraq.
2. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
(a) Fear that Clinton will not respond rationally.
(b) Understanding that domestic terrorism will be on the rise from this point forward.
(c) Tense for a possible war.
(d) Happy they have a reason to engage in a war with Iran.
3. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(b) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(c) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(d) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
4. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To ally with Israel.
(b) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(c) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(d) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
5. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
(b) Why the WTC would be a target.
(c) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(d) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
2. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
3. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
4. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some differences between George W. Bush and Clinton? Which stands out the most to Clarke?
2. How does Saudi Arabia handle terrorists in their country? What examples show their efforts in stopping terrorism? How do they handle the Khobar attack?
3. What is President Bush adamant about despite the international law that Rumsfield reminds him of? What is the international law that Rumsfield mentions to Bush?
4. What do Sam Nunn, Dick Lugan and Pete Dominic have in common? How do they help Clarke's goals with counter-terrorism?
5. Describe the political cartoon that reflects Clarke's feelings about the Bush administration. What does this motivate Clarke to do?
6. Who is Jamal al -Fadl, how does he help U.S. intelligence, and why?
7. According to Clarke, what credit does he give Usama bin Laden?
8. What is the conversation between Watson from the FBI and Clarke on a secure line concerning the 9/11 terrorists during the counter-terrorism security group (CSG) meeting? Why does Watson want this conversation on a secure line and not in teleconference with all the other groups?
9. What are Clarke's feelings about Iraq after the World Trade Center is attacked on September 11, 2001? What does he wish for, and why?
10. What is different about the terrorists involved with the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 than terrorists from previous attacks?
This section contains 1,332 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)