|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
(a) Qatar's Shi'a population.
(b) The southern tribes in Sudan.
(c) Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
2. Why is the Pol-Mil Plan called "Top Secret Delenda?"
(a) Because Delenda is an evil shepherd in the bible who teaches hate.
(b) Because that is where bin Laden's cave is located.
(c) Because al Qaeda must be destroyed.
(d) Because that is the code name for bin Laden.
3. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
(a) Attorney General Guidelines.
(c) Pavitt's belief that al Qaeda is not important.
(d) Lack of internet.
4. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
5. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
(b) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
(c) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
(d) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
6. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
(a) He thinks they are "goofy."
(b) He believes they should send them overseas but use them only as an emergency.
(c) He thinks it will send an immediate message if they use it on Iraq.
(d) He believes Iraq has them and is willing to use them.
7. What does Powell suggest to fight the al Qaeda threat?
(a) Use U.S.-supporting Afghans to infiltrate al Qaeda cells.
(b) Put pressure on Pakistan to ally with the U.S. and against theTaliban and al Qaeda.
(c) Massive attack on Afghanistan training camps.
(d) Ally with Russia and other countries for unsuspected intelligence resources.
8. Near the end of Clinton's administration, what is one of his main focuses?
(a) Rebuilding Bosnia.
(b) Domestic security.
(c) Isreali-Palestinian agreement.
(d) Bombing Afghanistan.
9. What happens on August 7, 1998?
(a) TWA 800 flight explodes.
(b) Clinton's interrogation over his personal scandal.
(c) U.S. embassies bombed in Tanzania and Kenya.
(d) Marine barracks bombed in Lebanon.
10. As Clarke handles recent terrorist attacks against the U.S., with many dead and injured, what is headlining the media?
(a) American Idol.
(b) The need for homeland security.
(c) How Republicans hold Congress majority.
(d) Clinton's infidelity scandal.
11. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
12. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
(a) Specialized arrest.
(b) Extraordinary renditions.
(c) Reserved acquisition.
(d) Seize and capture.
13. How does the U.S. plan to pass Pakistan airspace without issues?
(a) The U.S. will use a stealth bomber to avoid radar detection.
(b) Gore will personally call up the Pakistani general and ask him.
(c) Ralston will have dinner with the Pakistani general.
(d) Secretary of State will issue warning to Pakistan just minutes before it occurs.
14. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
(a) Afghanistan is not where al Qaeda works from.
(b) The U.S. is already known as the Mad Bomber.
(c) Afghanistan is willing to work diplomatically with the U.S.
(d) It will cause a war with Afghanistan and Russia all over again.
15. How does al Qaeda indirectly fund terrorism so they are not caught?
(a) They do not use a central banking system.
(b) They keep all their money in the Caribbean or Switzerland.
(c) They use conterfeit money.
(d) Through fabricated charities, museums, mosques, and cultural centers all over the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
2. What does "Critical Infrastructure Protection" refer to?
3. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
4. According to Will Wechsler, where do people think bin Laden gets his finances from?
5. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)