|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Downing, Clarke's CSG replacement, to quit?
(a) Inability to respond effectively during emergencies.
(b) Frsutration at the Administration's bureaucratic response to threat.
(c) Stress at CSG members' inability to cooperate with one another.
(d) Pressure from Bush's administration so they can appoint someone close.
2. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
(a) Sarin nerve gas attacks.
(b) Anthrax attacks.
(c) Hanta virus attacks.
(d) Smallpox virus attacks.
3. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
(a) Specialized arrest.
(b) Reserved acquisition.
(c) Extraordinary renditions.
(d) Seize and capture.
4. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
(a) The Japanese mob in New York.
(b) The phone book.
(c) CIA had information on them.
(d) FBI is able to trace the agent to the seller and thus to a buyer.
5. What prompts Health and Human Services to attend a CSG meeting for the first time?
(a) The Pentagon wants to start a biological weapons program.
(b) Clinton wants to initiate a national medical emergency plan.
(c) Anthrax is found in a Cogressman's mail.
(d) A chemical agent is released in Tokyo.
6. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
(a) He gets Gore to speak directly with them.
(b) He threatens their bonuses, promotion and city assignments.
(c) He promises bonuses when he gets information on al Qaeda.
(d) He shows them evidence that cells exist in their cities.
7. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
(a) Allying with Russia.
(b) Left behind dissidents in Sudan.
(c) Predators, (unmanned aircrafts).
(d) American born Afghanistans that are loyal to the U.S.
8. What weakness do Rice and Hadley have in their new positions under George W. Bush's administration?
(a) Neither are firm in their decisions.
(b) They are both passive agressive people.
(c) They last worked in NSC during Cold War.
(d) They often feel the need to check with the President before making a call.
9. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
(a) Next al Qaeda attack will hold Taliban responsible.
(b) Taliban should be aware of Northern Alliance's new ally.
(c) Clarke has a contract out for bin Laden's death.
(d) Any country known to fund terrorists will have sanctions placed.
10. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
(a) The Cali drug cartel.
(b) The Chicago mob scene.
(d) The Medellin drug cartel.
11. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
(a) He allies with them against Russia.
(b) He finances their war.
(c) He plans terrorist attacks on President Izetbegovic.
(d) He sends men, arms, and money to fight against the Serbs.
12. How does Wolfowitz add to the threats in Indonesia?
(a) By not reading intelligence reports on time.
(b) By giving false assurances to embassy staff.
(c) Be having Gelbard removed.
(d) By giving false imformation to the amabassador.
13. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
14. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
(a) A horse.
(b) Enough vaccinations for high officials.
(c) They do not even know what anthrax is.
(d) Current research but nothing proven.
15. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
(a) He believes Iraq has them and is willing to use them.
(b) He believes they should send them overseas but use them only as an emergency.
(c) He thinks they are "goofy."
(d) He thinks it will send an immediate message if they use it on Iraq.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
2. How many cruise missiles are launched against al Qaeda camps and target buildings?
3. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
4. What does Clarke request from Rice?
5. Why does the CIA have extra motivation to catch Kansi?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)