|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
(b) Deputy Secretaries.
2. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
(a) FBI is able to trace the agent to the seller and thus to a buyer.
(b) The Japanese mob in New York.
(c) The phone book.
(d) CIA had information on them.
3. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
(a) 20/20 does a special on chemical and biological weapons.
(b) The media's greater interest in his work.
(c) Shalala saying Health and Human Services is a key part in the fight against terrorism.
(d) Public Health agencies meeting ont he subject.
4. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
(a) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle catches on fire.
(b) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gets towed away.
(c) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gest struck in traffic and does not show.
(d) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle does not work during a demonstration.
5. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
(a) The U.S. is already known as the Mad Bomber.
(b) Afghanistan is willing to work diplomatically with the U.S.
(c) It will cause a war with Afghanistan and Russia all over again.
(d) Afghanistan is not where al Qaeda works from.
6. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
(a) He believes Iraq has them and is willing to use them.
(b) He believes they should send them overseas but use them only as an emergency.
(c) He thinks they are "goofy."
(d) He thinks it will send an immediate message if they use it on Iraq.
7. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
(a) Run an interagency process to protect U.S. embassies.
(b) To bomb Afgahnistan.
(c) Approval to publicly threaten Taliban and bin Laden.
(d) More manpower to find terrorists' funding.
8. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
9. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
(a) Clarke has a contract out for bin Laden's death.
(b) Taliban should be aware of Northern Alliance's new ally.
(c) Any country known to fund terrorists will have sanctions placed.
(d) Next al Qaeda attack will hold Taliban responsible.
10. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
11. What does Clinton reputedly say, as written in "USA Today" in 2001?
(a) "We prevented many attacks that are unknown. This fight continues into the next presidency."
(b) "I wish Bush great luck... Maybe he'll have a better chance at getting al Qaeda."
(c) "I tried to take bin Laden out... the last four years I was in office."
(d) "I fought terrorism to the best of my ability, but it is up to civilians to educate themselves."
12. What does Clarke request from Rice?
(a) Funding to infiltrate Afghanistan with Predators.
(b) To become head of new Critical Infrastructure Protection and Cyber Security
(c) A new deputy.
(d) To reinstate CSG in NSC.
13. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
(b) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
(c) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
(d) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
14. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
(a) Senior officials feel prepared and are not worried.
(b) Most go to work waiting for something big to happen.
(c) Some are alarmed, but most do not see the urgency.
(d) The Pentagon seems worried, but the White House does not see the urgency.
15. How does Wolfowitz add to the threats in Indonesia?
(a) Be having Gelbard removed.
(b) By not reading intelligence reports on time.
(c) By giving false assurances to embassy staff.
(d) By giving false imformation to the amabassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
2. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
3. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
4. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
5. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)