|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
(b) Deputy Secretaries.
2. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
(a) Left behind dissidents in Sudan.
(b) Allying with Russia.
(c) Predators, (unmanned aircrafts).
(d) American born Afghanistans that are loyal to the U.S.
3. What does Clinton reputedly say, as written in "USA Today" in 2001?
(a) "I wish Bush great luck... Maybe he'll have a better chance at getting al Qaeda."
(b) "I fought terrorism to the best of my ability, but it is up to civilians to educate themselves."
(c) "I tried to take bin Laden out... the last four years I was in office."
(d) "We prevented many attacks that are unknown. This fight continues into the next presidency."
4. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
(a) The Medellin drug cartel.
(c) The Chicago mob scene.
(d) The Cali drug cartel.
5. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
(a) Taliban should be aware of Northern Alliance's new ally.
(b) Clarke has a contract out for bin Laden's death.
(c) Next al Qaeda attack will hold Taliban responsible.
(d) Any country known to fund terrorists will have sanctions placed.
6. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
(a) They never had a valid biological or chemical weapons program to fear.
(b) They were properly destroyed in 1973.
(c) They did not destroy their biological weapons programs in 1973.
(d) They instituted a biological weapons program in 1984.
7. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
(a) Policy on targeted assassinations.
(b) Policy on snatches.
(c) Policy on "retaliation."
(d) Policy on sanctions.
8. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
9. What report does an Arab leader give the consul general?
(a) Usama bin Laden has a contract out to kill Clarke.
(b) Hussein is setting up an assasination attempt on Clarke.
(c) bin Laden is asking for leads to a chemical weapons program.
(d) Hussein is looking for chemical engineers for his weapons program.
10. With Executive Order 13099, what does Clarke finally get to focus on?
(a) Stopping terrorism financing.
(c) Chemical agents in Shifa.
(d) Prevention and not just response.
11. What plan of attack does al Qaeda execute in Indonesia?
(a) They bomb the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta.
(b) They bomb 4 marketplaces throughout the country simultaneously.
(c) They bomb 20 churches on Christmas in 2000.
(d) They bomb multiple hotels throughout the Christmas holiday season.
12. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
(a) From a surprise U.N. inspection.
(b) CIA intelligence shows an "agriculture" building as the research center.
(c) Hussein threatens Clinton with it.
(d) Iraq used them on Iran when U.S. was helping Iraq.
13. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
(b) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
(c) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
(d) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
14. According to Will Wechsler, where do people think bin Laden gets his finances from?
(a) His father.
(b) The Sudanese government.
(c) Small donations from his followers.
(d) The Saudi Arabian government.
15. What does Clarke work on with Arms Control Director Ron Lehmen to verify "innocent' chemical plants?
(a) An Alternative Energy Pact.
(b) A Chemical Weapons Convention Treaty.
(c) A Nuclear Power Inspection Committee.
(d) A Weapons of Mass Destruction Protocol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
2. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
3. What does the Millennium After Action review mostly focus on?
4. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
5. What troubling news does the CIA bring to the 0730 CSG meeting on August 7, 1998?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)