|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
(a) He finances their war.
(b) He allies with them against Russia.
(c) He sends men, arms, and money to fight against the Serbs.
(d) He plans terrorist attacks on President Izetbegovic.
2. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
(a) Run an interagency process to protect U.S. embassies.
(b) More manpower to find terrorists' funding.
(c) To bomb Afgahnistan.
(d) Approval to publicly threaten Taliban and bin Laden.
3. What report does an Arab leader give the consul general?
(a) Hussein is setting up an assasination attempt on Clarke.
(b) bin Laden is asking for leads to a chemical weapons program.
(c) Usama bin Laden has a contract out to kill Clarke.
(d) Hussein is looking for chemical engineers for his weapons program.
4. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
(a) They did not destroy their biological weapons programs in 1973.
(b) They were properly destroyed in 1973.
(c) They never had a valid biological or chemical weapons program to fear.
(d) They instituted a biological weapons program in 1984.
5. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
(a) Reserved acquisition.
(b) Seize and capture.
(c) Specialized arrest.
(d) Extraordinary renditions.
6. What does Berger do for Clarke as Clarke did for him?
(a) Assures him as a protectee of the Secret Service.
(b) Allows him to stay in his home.
(c) Handles the media sessions so Clarke can get away.
(d) Offers Clarke his vacation home to relax.
7. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
(a) Congress will vote on Clinton's impeachment.
(b) U.S. will bomb Iran.
(c) Usama bin Laden is to meet his high officials.
(d) Snipers are to take out bin Laden.
8. How does Wolfowitz add to the threats in Indonesia?
(a) Be having Gelbard removed.
(b) By giving false imformation to the amabassador.
(c) By not reading intelligence reports on time.
(d) By giving false assurances to embassy staff.
9. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
(a) The southern tribes in Sudan.
(b) Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
(d) Qatar's Shi'a population.
10. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
(a) Times Square is a prime target for an al Qaeda attack.
(b) Jordan infiltrated an al Qaeda cell with numerous millenium attack plans.
(c) al Qaeda cells are now known to be in the U.S.
(d) DOD will no longer be able to finance their attack operations for counter-terrorism.
11. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
12. Why does the CIA have extra motivation to catch Kansi?
(a) Kansi is the ringleader of over five terrorists attacks against the U.S.
(b) Kansi escaped from them durign a previous snatch attempt.
(c) Kansi killed their own men in front of their headquarters.
(d) They have been after Kansi for over a decade.
13. What does Ressam's custody lead to?
(a) An ex-cab driver in Boston.
(b) Attack plans on Times Square.
(c) Attack plans on a Radisson Hotel for Millenium New Year.
(d) A sleeper cell in Montreal.
14. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
(a) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gest struck in traffic and does not show.
(b) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gets towed away.
(c) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle catches on fire.
(d) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle does not work during a demonstration.
15. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
(b) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
(c) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
(d) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clinton reputedly say, as written in "USA Today" in 2001?
2. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
3. What happens on August 7, 1998?
4. How does al Qaeda indirectly fund terrorism so they are not caught?
5. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)