|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
(a) Christian nations.
(b) Countries where Muslim factions fight with one another.
(c) Muslim minorities who want to gain independence.
(d) Small countries that are threatened by superpowers.
2. What surprises Powell when he observes a meeting between CSG, NSC, State, Defense, CIA, FBI, and military?
(a) How they lack in communication abilities.
(b) How defensive each department is in their role.
(c) How smooth the meeting is run.
(d) All agree that al Qaeda is a threat.
3. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
4. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
(a) Left behind dissidents in Sudan.
(b) American born Afghanistans that are loyal to the U.S.
(c) Predators, (unmanned aircrafts).
(d) Allying with Russia.
5. What does Ressam's custody lead to?
(a) An ex-cab driver in Boston.
(b) Attack plans on a Radisson Hotel for Millenium New Year.
(c) Attack plans on Times Square.
(d) A sleeper cell in Montreal.
6. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
(a) Tony Lake.
(b) Clarke and Tenet.
(c) Clinton and Gore.
(d) Janet Reno.
7. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
8. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
(a) Policy on sanctions.
(b) Policy on snatches.
(c) Policy on "retaliation."
(d) Policy on targeted assassinations.
9. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
10. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
(a) They never had a valid biological or chemical weapons program to fear.
(b) They instituted a biological weapons program in 1984.
(c) They were properly destroyed in 1973.
(d) They did not destroy their biological weapons programs in 1973.
11. What does Clinton reputedly say, as written in "USA Today" in 2001?
(a) "I wish Bush great luck... Maybe he'll have a better chance at getting al Qaeda."
(b) "I fought terrorism to the best of my ability, but it is up to civilians to educate themselves."
(c) "We prevented many attacks that are unknown. This fight continues into the next presidency."
(d) "I tried to take bin Laden out... the last four years I was in office."
12. What prompts Health and Human Services to attend a CSG meeting for the first time?
(a) The Pentagon wants to start a biological weapons program.
(b) Clinton wants to initiate a national medical emergency plan.
(c) Anthrax is found in a Cogressman's mail.
(d) A chemical agent is released in Tokyo.
13. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
(a) The phone book.
(b) CIA had information on them.
(c) The Japanese mob in New York.
(d) FBI is able to trace the agent to the seller and thus to a buyer.
14. What plan of attack does al Qaeda execute in Indonesia?
(a) They bomb 4 marketplaces throughout the country simultaneously.
(b) They bomb the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta.
(c) They bomb multiple hotels throughout the Christmas holiday season.
(d) They bomb 20 churches on Christmas in 2000.
15. Why does the CSG not take extra measures to snatch Khalid Sheik Muhammad?
(a) Qatar's government gives them no choice.
(b) They do not realize he is the mastermind behind WTC until after 9/11.
(c) Division within CSG takes over the goal of the snatch.
(d) They believe Muhammad is a bumbling fool and thinks it will be easy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
2. According to Clarke, what is the global response to the U.S.'s invasion of Iraq after 9/11?
3. When George W. Bush becomes President, what is the early focus in 2001?
4. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
5. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)