|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
(b) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
(c) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
(d) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
2. What does Clinton reputedly say, as written in "USA Today" in 2001?
(a) "I fought terrorism to the best of my ability, but it is up to civilians to educate themselves."
(b) "I wish Bush great luck... Maybe he'll have a better chance at getting al Qaeda."
(c) "We prevented many attacks that are unknown. This fight continues into the next presidency."
(d) "I tried to take bin Laden out... the last four years I was in office."
3. What plan of attack does al Qaeda execute in Indonesia?
(a) They bomb the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta.
(b) They bomb multiple hotels throughout the Christmas holiday season.
(c) They bomb 4 marketplaces throughout the country simultaneously.
(d) They bomb 20 churches on Christmas in 2000.
4. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
(a) The order of the Continuity of Government.
(b) The assignments of the ten programs in Initiative X.
(c) Who is responsible for the Critical Infrstructure Program.
(d) Having a "terrorism czar."
5. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
(a) Deputy Secretaries.
6. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
(a) Domestic terrorists such as McVeigh.
(b) Underground mobs.
(c) Russian and Chinese espionage.
(d) Violent protests such as the World Trade Organization meeting in Seattle.
7. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
(a) Helping the Northern Alliance.
(b) Using the Taliban's own bombing tactics on their known facilities.
(c) Strengthen U.S. friendship with Pakistan.
(d) Improve U.S. relations with developing countries.
8. What prompts Health and Human Services to attend a CSG meeting for the first time?
(a) Clinton wants to initiate a national medical emergency plan.
(b) A chemical agent is released in Tokyo.
(c) The Pentagon wants to start a biological weapons program.
(d) Anthrax is found in a Cogressman's mail.
9. How many cruise missiles are launched against al Qaeda camps and target buildings?
10. How does the U.S. plan to pass Pakistan airspace without issues?
(a) Secretary of State will issue warning to Pakistan just minutes before it occurs.
(b) Ralston will have dinner with the Pakistani general.
(c) The U.S. will use a stealth bomber to avoid radar detection.
(d) Gore will personally call up the Pakistani general and ask him.
11. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
12. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
(a) DOD will no longer be able to finance their attack operations for counter-terrorism.
(b) Times Square is a prime target for an al Qaeda attack.
(c) al Qaeda cells are now known to be in the U.S.
(d) Jordan infiltrated an al Qaeda cell with numerous millenium attack plans.
13. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
14. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
(a) The media's greater interest in his work.
(b) 20/20 does a special on chemical and biological weapons.
(c) Public Health agencies meeting ont he subject.
(d) Shalala saying Health and Human Services is a key part in the fight against terrorism.
15. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
2. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
3. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
4. What does Clarke work on with Arms Control Director Ron Lehmen to verify "innocent' chemical plants?
5. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)