|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
(a) He promises bonuses when he gets information on al Qaeda.
(b) He gets Gore to speak directly with them.
(c) He threatens their bonuses, promotion and city assignments.
(d) He shows them evidence that cells exist in their cities.
2. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
(a) Violent protests such as the World Trade Organization meeting in Seattle.
(b) Russian and Chinese espionage.
(c) Domestic terrorists such as McVeigh.
(d) Underground mobs.
3. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
(a) He believes Iraq has them and is willing to use them.
(b) He thinks it will send an immediate message if they use it on Iraq.
(c) He thinks they are "goofy."
(d) He believes they should send them overseas but use them only as an emergency.
4. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
(a) Policy on targeted assassinations.
(b) Policy on snatches.
(c) Policy on "retaliation."
(d) Policy on sanctions.
5. What weakness do Rice and Hadley have in their new positions under George W. Bush's administration?
(a) They often feel the need to check with the President before making a call.
(b) They last worked in NSC during Cold War.
(c) They are both passive agressive people.
(d) Neither are firm in their decisions.
6. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
(a) More manpower to find terrorists' funding.
(b) Approval to publicly threaten Taliban and bin Laden.
(c) Run an interagency process to protect U.S. embassies.
(d) To bomb Afgahnistan.
7. According to Will Wechsler, where do people think bin Laden gets his finances from?
(a) His father.
(b) Small donations from his followers.
(c) The Saudi Arabian government.
(d) The Sudanese government.
8. Where does CSG send specialized security after their meeting on August 8, 1998?
(a) U.S Embassy in all northern African nations.
(b) U.S. Embassy in Albania.
(c) All armed force bases in Lebanon.
(d) Major U.S. airports.
9. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
(a) United Arab Emirates.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
10. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
(a) They never had a valid biological or chemical weapons program to fear.
(b) They did not destroy their biological weapons programs in 1973.
(c) They instituted a biological weapons program in 1984.
(d) They were properly destroyed in 1973.
11. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
12. What does the Millennium After Action review mostly focus on?
(a) A small break from terrorism now that the holidays are over.
(b) There are al Qaeda sleeper cells in the U.S.
(c) Their success in stopping attacks during New Year's Eve into 2000.
(d) New threats in the next millenium.
13. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
(a) Shalala saying Health and Human Services is a key part in the fight against terrorism.
(b) The media's greater interest in his work.
(c) 20/20 does a special on chemical and biological weapons.
(d) Public Health agencies meeting ont he subject.
14. As Clarke handles recent terrorist attacks against the U.S., with many dead and injured, what is headlining the media?
(a) The need for homeland security.
(b) American Idol.
(c) Clinton's infidelity scandal.
(d) How Republicans hold Congress majority.
15. Who throws a fit about discussion of al Qaeda at a committee meeting with CSG?
(a) Paul Wolfowitz.
(b) Donald Rumsfeld.
(c) Dick Cheney.
(d) Rich Armitage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What report does an Arab leader give the consul general?
2. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
3. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
4. How many cruise missiles are launched against al Qaeda camps and target buildings?
5. Why does the CIA have extra motivation to catch Kansi?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)