|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
(a) Through a series of briefings and speeches such as that on 60 minutes.
(b) By downplaying its possibility in the near future.
(c) His ability to use laymen's words and not medical jargon.
(d) By assuring the government has a handle on defenses.
2. Where does Wechsler learn that al Qaeda gets most of its finances from?
(a) The Sudanese government.
(b) Non-government organizations and Islamic charities.
(c) From bin Laden's valid personal businesses.
(d) His father's business.
3. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
(a) Christian nations.
(b) Muslim minorities who want to gain independence.
(c) Small countries that are threatened by superpowers.
(d) Countries where Muslim factions fight with one another.
4. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
(a) The assignments of the ten programs in Initiative X.
(b) Who is responsible for the Critical Infrstructure Program.
(c) The order of the Continuity of Government.
(d) Having a "terrorism czar."
5. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
(a) Smallpox virus.
(c) Sarin nerve gas.
(d) Homemade bombs.
6. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
(a) Deputy Secretaries.
7. What weakness do Rice and Hadley have in their new positions under George W. Bush's administration?
(a) Neither are firm in their decisions.
(b) They last worked in NSC during Cold War.
(c) They are both passive agressive people.
(d) They often feel the need to check with the President before making a call.
8. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
(a) Enough vaccinations for high officials.
(b) Current research but nothing proven.
(c) They do not even know what anthrax is.
(d) A horse.
9. As Clarke handles recent terrorist attacks against the U.S., with many dead and injured, what is headlining the media?
(a) American Idol.
(b) How Republicans hold Congress majority.
(c) The need for homeland security.
(d) Clinton's infidelity scandal.
10. According to Clarke, what is the global response to the U.S.'s invasion of Iraq after 9/11?
(a) Heightened hatred for America among Muslim youth.
(b) General support to finally oust Hussein.
(c) Western support but larger relationship gap from Muslim countries.
(d) Surprise positive response from other Muslim nations.
11. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
(a) Sarin nerve gas attacks.
(b) Smallpox virus attacks.
(c) Hanta virus attacks.
(d) Anthrax attacks.
12. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
(a) He finances their war.
(b) He sends men, arms, and money to fight against the Serbs.
(c) He allies with them against Russia.
(d) He plans terrorist attacks on President Izetbegovic.
13. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
(a) They instituted a biological weapons program in 1984.
(b) They did not destroy their biological weapons programs in 1973.
(c) They never had a valid biological or chemical weapons program to fear.
(d) They were properly destroyed in 1973.
14. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
(b) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
(c) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
(d) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
15. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
(a) Usama bin Laden is to meet his high officials.
(b) Snipers are to take out bin Laden.
(c) Congress will vote on Clinton's impeachment.
(d) U.S. will bomb Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
2. What threat is part of Executive Order 13099 against those that finance terrorist organizations?
3. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
4. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
5. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)