|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
(b) Qatar's Shi'a population.
(c) The southern tribes in Sudan.
(d) Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
2. What happens on August 7, 1998?
(a) U.S. embassies bombed in Tanzania and Kenya.
(b) Marine barracks bombed in Lebanon.
(c) Clinton's interrogation over his personal scandal.
(d) TWA 800 flight explodes.
3. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
(a) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gets towed away.
(b) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle does not work during a demonstration.
(c) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gest struck in traffic and does not show.
(d) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle catches on fire.
4. With Executive Order 13099, what does Clarke finally get to focus on?
(a) Chemical agents in Shifa.
(c) Stopping terrorism financing.
(d) Prevention and not just response.
5. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
(b) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
(c) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
(d) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
6. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
(b) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
(c) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
(d) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
7. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
(a) The assignments of the ten programs in Initiative X.
(b) Having a "terrorism czar."
(c) Who is responsible for the Critical Infrstructure Program.
(d) The order of the Continuity of Government.
8. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
(a) Christian nations.
(b) Countries where Muslim factions fight with one another.
(c) Muslim minorities who want to gain independence.
(d) Small countries that are threatened by superpowers.
9. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
(a) Publicly announce war on Egypt and the U.S. on BBC if they do not release him.
(b) Take hostages from the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
(c) Kill tourists and stuff them with leaflets calling for his release.
(d) Send suicide bombers outside Rahman's prison.
10. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
(a) Improve U.S. relations with developing countries.
(b) Using the Taliban's own bombing tactics on their known facilities.
(c) Helping the Northern Alliance.
(d) Strengthen U.S. friendship with Pakistan.
11. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
12. What does "Critical Infrastructure Protection" refer to?
(a) Protecting computer systems and networks.
(b) Protecting D.C. and the roads leading in and out of it.
(c) Protecting major landmarks and the roads leading to and from them.
(d) Protecting all major road networks such as interstates and bridges.
13. What does Clarke request from Rice?
(a) To become head of new Critical Infrastructure Protection and Cyber Security
(b) To reinstate CSG in NSC.
(c) A new deputy.
(d) Funding to infiltrate Afghanistan with Predators.
14. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
(d) United Arab Emirates.
15. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
(a) They instituted a biological weapons program in 1984.
(b) They never had a valid biological or chemical weapons program to fear.
(c) They were properly destroyed in 1973.
(d) They did not destroy their biological weapons programs in 1973.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
2. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
3. What plan of attack does al Qaeda execute in Indonesia?
4. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
5. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)