|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) He prefers the CIA's plans.
(b) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
(c) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
(d) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
2. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
(a) The Chicago mob scene.
(b) The Cali drug cartel.
(c) The Medellin drug cartel.
3. What plan of attack does al Qaeda execute in Indonesia?
(a) They bomb multiple hotels throughout the Christmas holiday season.
(b) They bomb 20 churches on Christmas in 2000.
(c) They bomb 4 marketplaces throughout the country simultaneously.
(d) They bomb the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta.
4. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
(a) Muslim minorities who want to gain independence.
(b) Small countries that are threatened by superpowers.
(c) Countries where Muslim factions fight with one another.
(d) Christian nations.
5. What happens on August 7, 1998?
(a) Clinton's interrogation over his personal scandal.
(b) U.S. embassies bombed in Tanzania and Kenya.
(c) TWA 800 flight explodes.
(d) Marine barracks bombed in Lebanon.
6. What threat is part of Executive Order 13099 against those that finance terrorist organizations?
(b) Lifetime imprisonment.
(c) U.N. banishment.
(d) War with them as well as the terrorist organization.
7. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
(c) Deputy Secretaries.
8. What troubling news does the CIA bring to the 0730 CSG meeting on August 7, 1998?
(a) They failed in the mission to kill bin Laden.
(b) al Qaeda has many attack plans in place.
(c) Clinton is in no mood to make decisions that day.
(d) They have no leads on the most recent terrorist attack.
9. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
10. As Clarke handles recent terrorist attacks against the U.S., with many dead and injured, what is headlining the media?
(a) Clinton's infidelity scandal.
(b) The need for homeland security.
(c) How Republicans hold Congress majority.
(d) American Idol.
11. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
(b) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
(c) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
(d) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
12. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
(a) Strengthen U.S. friendship with Pakistan.
(b) Helping the Northern Alliance.
(c) Improve U.S. relations with developing countries.
(d) Using the Taliban's own bombing tactics on their known facilities.
13. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
(a) The southern tribes in Sudan.
(b) Qatar's Shi'a population.
(d) Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
14. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
(a) Policy on snatches.
(b) Policy on "retaliation."
(c) Policy on targeted assassinations.
(d) Policy on sanctions.
15. What does "Critical Infrastructure Protection" refer to?
(a) Protecting major landmarks and the roads leading to and from them.
(b) Protecting all major road networks such as interstates and bridges.
(c) Protecting computer systems and networks.
(d) Protecting D.C. and the roads leading in and out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
2. Who throws a fit about discussion of al Qaeda at a committee meeting with CSG?
3. According to Clarke, what is the global response to the U.S.'s invasion of Iraq after 9/11?
4. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
5. What does Clarke work on with Arms Control Director Ron Lehmen to verify "innocent' chemical plants?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)