|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is the global response to the U.S.'s invasion of Iraq after 9/11?
(a) General support to finally oust Hussein.
(b) Surprise positive response from other Muslim nations.
(c) Heightened hatred for America among Muslim youth.
(d) Western support but larger relationship gap from Muslim countries.
2. What causes Downing, Clarke's CSG replacement, to quit?
(a) Inability to respond effectively during emergencies.
(b) Stress at CSG members' inability to cooperate with one another.
(c) Pressure from Bush's administration so they can appoint someone close.
(d) Frsutration at the Administration's bureaucratic response to threat.
3. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
(a) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gets towed away.
(b) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle does not work during a demonstration.
(c) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gest struck in traffic and does not show.
(d) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle catches on fire.
4. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
(b) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
(c) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
(d) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
5. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
(a) They never had a valid biological or chemical weapons program to fear.
(b) They were properly destroyed in 1973.
(c) They instituted a biological weapons program in 1984.
(d) They did not destroy their biological weapons programs in 1973.
6. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
(a) He sends men, arms, and money to fight against the Serbs.
(b) He allies with them against Russia.
(c) He plans terrorist attacks on President Izetbegovic.
(d) He finances their war.
7. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
(a) Strengthen U.S. friendship with Pakistan.
(b) Helping the Northern Alliance.
(c) Improve U.S. relations with developing countries.
(d) Using the Taliban's own bombing tactics on their known facilities.
8. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
(a) Qatar's Shi'a population.
(b) The southern tribes in Sudan.
(d) Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
9. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
10. According to Will Wechsler, where do people think bin Laden gets his finances from?
(a) His father.
(b) The Saudi Arabian government.
(c) The Sudanese government.
(d) Small donations from his followers.
11. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
(b) He prefers the CIA's plans.
(c) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
(d) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
12. What weakness do Rice and Hadley have in their new positions under George W. Bush's administration?
(a) They are both passive agressive people.
(b) They often feel the need to check with the President before making a call.
(c) They last worked in NSC during Cold War.
(d) Neither are firm in their decisions.
13. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
(a) Egypt's threat of military buildup.
(b) Turabi becomes too controlling for bin Laden.
(c) The CIA and FBI has infiltrated Khartoum.
(d) Usama bin Laden believes Turabi has lost sight of the Caliphate.
14. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
(a) Next al Qaeda attack will hold Taliban responsible.
(b) Any country known to fund terrorists will have sanctions placed.
(c) Clarke has a contract out for bin Laden's death.
(d) Taliban should be aware of Northern Alliance's new ally.
15. What surprises Powell when he observes a meeting between CSG, NSC, State, Defense, CIA, FBI, and military?
(a) All agree that al Qaeda is a threat.
(b) How smooth the meeting is run.
(c) How they lack in communication abilities.
(d) How defensive each department is in their role.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
2. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
3. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
4. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
5. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)