|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
2. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
(a) The Chicago mob scene.
(b) The Medellin drug cartel.
(c) The Cali drug cartel.
3. How does al Qaeda indirectly fund terrorism so they are not caught?
(a) Through fabricated charities, museums, mosques, and cultural centers all over the world.
(b) They keep all their money in the Caribbean or Switzerland.
(c) They use conterfeit money.
(d) They do not use a central banking system.
4. Under the Bush administration, who chairs the NSC Principals meeting?
5. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
(a) They did not destroy their biological weapons programs in 1973.
(b) They never had a valid biological or chemical weapons program to fear.
(c) They were properly destroyed in 1973.
(d) They instituted a biological weapons program in 1984.
6. What does the Millennium After Action review mostly focus on?
(a) A small break from terrorism now that the holidays are over.
(b) There are al Qaeda sleeper cells in the U.S.
(c) Their success in stopping attacks during New Year's Eve into 2000.
(d) New threats in the next millenium.
7. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
(b) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
(c) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
(d) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
8. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
(b) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
(c) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
(d) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
9. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
(a) They do not even know what anthrax is.
(b) Current research but nothing proven.
(c) Enough vaccinations for high officials.
(d) A horse.
10. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
(a) Small countries that are threatened by superpowers.
(b) Christian nations.
(c) Countries where Muslim factions fight with one another.
(d) Muslim minorities who want to gain independence.
11. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
(d) Deputy Secretaries.
12. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
(a) He thinks it will send an immediate message if they use it on Iraq.
(b) He believes they should send them overseas but use them only as an emergency.
(c) He believes Iraq has them and is willing to use them.
(d) He thinks they are "goofy."
13. What troubling news does the CIA bring to the 0730 CSG meeting on August 7, 1998?
(a) Clinton is in no mood to make decisions that day.
(b) They have no leads on the most recent terrorist attack.
(c) They failed in the mission to kill bin Laden.
(d) al Qaeda has many attack plans in place.
14. As Clarke handles recent terrorist attacks against the U.S., with many dead and injured, what is headlining the media?
(a) How Republicans hold Congress majority.
(b) Clinton's infidelity scandal.
(c) American Idol.
(d) The need for homeland security.
15. Who throws a fit about discussion of al Qaeda at a committee meeting with CSG?
(a) Donald Rumsfeld.
(b) Paul Wolfowitz.
(c) Dick Cheney.
(d) Rich Armitage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
2. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
3. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
4. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
5. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)