|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
(b) The Cali drug cartel.
(c) The Medellin drug cartel.
(d) The Chicago mob scene.
2. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
(b) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
(c) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
(d) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
3. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
(a) Take hostages from the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
(b) Kill tourists and stuff them with leaflets calling for his release.
(c) Publicly announce war on Egypt and the U.S. on BBC if they do not release him.
(d) Send suicide bombers outside Rahman's prison.
4. How does the U.S. plan to pass Pakistan airspace without issues?
(a) Gore will personally call up the Pakistani general and ask him.
(b) Secretary of State will issue warning to Pakistan just minutes before it occurs.
(c) The U.S. will use a stealth bomber to avoid radar detection.
(d) Ralston will have dinner with the Pakistani general.
5. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
(a) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gets towed away.
(b) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gest struck in traffic and does not show.
(c) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle catches on fire.
(d) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle does not work during a demonstration.
6. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
(a) Iraq used them on Iran when U.S. was helping Iraq.
(b) From a surprise U.N. inspection.
(c) CIA intelligence shows an "agriculture" building as the research center.
(d) Hussein threatens Clinton with it.
7. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
(a) Clarke and Tenet.
(b) Janet Reno.
(c) Clinton and Gore.
(d) Tony Lake.
8. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
(a) Hanta virus attacks.
(b) Smallpox virus attacks.
(c) Sarin nerve gas attacks.
(d) Anthrax attacks.
9. Why is the Pol-Mil Plan called "Top Secret Delenda?"
(a) Because that is the code name for bin Laden.
(b) Because al Qaeda must be destroyed.
(c) Because that is where bin Laden's cave is located.
(d) Because Delenda is an evil shepherd in the bible who teaches hate.
10. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
(a) Afghanistan is not where al Qaeda works from.
(b) The U.S. is already known as the Mad Bomber.
(c) Afghanistan is willing to work diplomatically with the U.S.
(d) It will cause a war with Afghanistan and Russia all over again.
11. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
12. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
13. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
(a) They instituted a biological weapons program in 1984.
(b) They never had a valid biological or chemical weapons program to fear.
(c) They did not destroy their biological weapons programs in 1973.
(d) They were properly destroyed in 1973.
14. What troubling news does the CIA bring to the 0730 CSG meeting on August 7, 1998?
(a) They have no leads on the most recent terrorist attack.
(b) al Qaeda has many attack plans in place.
(c) They failed in the mission to kill bin Laden.
(d) Clinton is in no mood to make decisions that day.
15. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
(a) Enough vaccinations for high officials.
(b) Current research but nothing proven.
(c) A horse.
(d) They do not even know what anthrax is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What report does an Arab leader give the consul general?
2. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
3. How many cruise missiles are launched against al Qaeda camps and target buildings?
4. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
5. According to Will Wechsler, where do people think bin Laden gets his finances from?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)