Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the CSG not take extra measures to snatch Khalid Sheik Muhammad?
(a) They do not realize he is the mastermind behind WTC until after 9/11.
(b) They believe Muhammad is a bumbling fool and thinks it will be easy.
(c) Division within CSG takes over the goal of the snatch.
(d) Qatar's government gives them no choice.
2. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
(a) Policy on sanctions.
(b) Policy on targeted assassinations.
(c) Policy on "retaliation."
(d) Policy on snatches.
3. According to Clarke, what is the global response to the U.S.'s invasion of Iraq after 9/11?
(a) General support to finally oust Hussein.
(b) Western support but larger relationship gap from Muslim countries.
(c) Surprise positive response from other Muslim nations.
(d) Heightened hatred for America among Muslim youth.
4. What does Clarke work on with Arms Control Director Ron Lehmen to verify "innocent' chemical plants?
(a) An Alternative Energy Pact.
(b) A Weapons of Mass Destruction Protocol.
(c) A Chemical Weapons Convention Treaty.
(d) A Nuclear Power Inspection Committee.
5. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
6. What troubling news does the CIA bring to the 0730 CSG meeting on August 7, 1998?
(a) They have no leads on the most recent terrorist attack.
(b) Clinton is in no mood to make decisions that day.
(c) al Qaeda has many attack plans in place.
(d) They failed in the mission to kill bin Laden.
7. What plan of attack does al Qaeda execute in Indonesia?
(a) They bomb the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta.
(b) They bomb 20 churches on Christmas in 2000.
(c) They bomb 4 marketplaces throughout the country simultaneously.
(d) They bomb multiple hotels throughout the Christmas holiday season.
8. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
(a) He allies with them against Russia.
(b) He finances their war.
(c) He plans terrorist attacks on President Izetbegovic.
(d) He sends men, arms, and money to fight against the Serbs.
9. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
(a) Usama bin Laden is to meet his high officials.
(b) U.S. will bomb Iran.
(c) Congress will vote on Clinton's impeachment.
(d) Snipers are to take out bin Laden.
10. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
(a) Having a "terrorism czar."
(b) Who is responsible for the Critical Infrstructure Program.
(c) The order of the Continuity of Government.
(d) The assignments of the ten programs in Initiative X.
11. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
(d) Deputy Secretaries.
12. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
(a) Janet Reno.
(b) Clarke and Tenet.
(c) Tony Lake.
(d) Clinton and Gore.
13. How does the U.S. plan to pass Pakistan airspace without issues?
(a) Ralston will have dinner with the Pakistani general.
(b) The U.S. will use a stealth bomber to avoid radar detection.
(c) Gore will personally call up the Pakistani general and ask him.
(d) Secretary of State will issue warning to Pakistan just minutes before it occurs.
14. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
(a) He believes Iraq has them and is willing to use them.
(b) He thinks it will send an immediate message if they use it on Iraq.
(c) He believes they should send them overseas but use them only as an emergency.
(d) He thinks they are "goofy."
15. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
(a) The media's greater interest in his work.
(b) 20/20 does a special on chemical and biological weapons.
(c) Public Health agencies meeting ont he subject.
(d) Shalala saying Health and Human Services is a key part in the fight against terrorism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
2. What surprises Powell when he observes a meeting between CSG, NSC, State, Defense, CIA, FBI, and military?
3. What threat is part of Executive Order 13099 against those that finance terrorist organizations?
4. What does the FBI notice in the summer of 2001?
5. What does Clarke request from Rice?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)