|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
(a) Christian nations.
(b) Small countries that are threatened by superpowers.
(c) Countries where Muslim factions fight with one another.
(d) Muslim minorities who want to gain independence.
2. Where does Wechsler learn that al Qaeda gets most of its finances from?
(a) His father's business.
(b) Non-government organizations and Islamic charities.
(c) The Sudanese government.
(d) From bin Laden's valid personal businesses.
3. Where does CSG send specialized security after their meeting on August 8, 1998?
(a) U.S Embassy in all northern African nations.
(b) All armed force bases in Lebanon.
(c) Major U.S. airports.
(d) U.S. Embassy in Albania.
4. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
(a) He promises bonuses when he gets information on al Qaeda.
(b) He threatens their bonuses, promotion and city assignments.
(c) He gets Gore to speak directly with them.
(d) He shows them evidence that cells exist in their cities.
5. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
(a) Clinton and Gore.
(b) Janet Reno.
(c) Tony Lake.
(d) Clarke and Tenet.
6. Of the following, which is NOT a lesson learned in Charlie Allen's assembly of intelligence agencies?
(a) The agencies never got together to consider al Qaeda's weapons before.
(b) It is easier to hide weapons of mass destruction than find them.
(c) There are less possiblities of weapons locations than they realized.
(d) It is impossible to prove al Qaeda does not have weapons of mass destruction.
7. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
8. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
(b) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
(c) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
(d) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
9. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
(a) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gets towed away.
(b) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gest struck in traffic and does not show.
(c) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle catches on fire.
(d) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle does not work during a demonstration.
10. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
(a) Seize and capture.
(b) Extraordinary renditions.
(c) Specialized arrest.
(d) Reserved acquisition.
11. What happens on August 7, 1998?
(a) U.S. embassies bombed in Tanzania and Kenya.
(b) Marine barracks bombed in Lebanon.
(c) TWA 800 flight explodes.
(d) Clinton's interrogation over his personal scandal.
12. What does Clinton reputedly say, as written in "USA Today" in 2001?
(a) "I wish Bush great luck... Maybe he'll have a better chance at getting al Qaeda."
(b) "We prevented many attacks that are unknown. This fight continues into the next presidency."
(c) "I tried to take bin Laden out... the last four years I was in office."
(d) "I fought terrorism to the best of my ability, but it is up to civilians to educate themselves."
13. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
(a) Publicly announce war on Egypt and the U.S. on BBC if they do not release him.
(b) Kill tourists and stuff them with leaflets calling for his release.
(c) Send suicide bombers outside Rahman's prison.
(d) Take hostages from the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
14. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
(b) Deputy Secretaries.
15. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
(a) Clarke has a contract out for bin Laden's death.
(b) Taliban should be aware of Northern Alliance's new ally.
(c) Next al Qaeda attack will hold Taliban responsible.
(d) Any country known to fund terrorists will have sanctions placed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarke request from Rice?
2. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
3. What does Ressam's custody lead to?
4. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
5. Under the Bush administration, who chairs the NSC Principals meeting?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)