|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freeh believe is the cause of Saudi Arabia's lack of cooperation with the FBI?
(a) They are part of the terrorist group.
(b) Saudi Arabia is too proud to let others co-command.
(c) FBI is to intimidating for the Saudi Arabian Special Forces.
(d) It is a Clinton cover-up.
2. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Yemen and Iran.
(b) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(c) Egypt and Iraq.
(d) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
3. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
(a) Greater collaborative effort from all departments.
(b) Publicize all possible suspects on a nationwide emergency network.
(c) Make it illegal to fund terrorist groups.
(d) Make execution the only possible terrorist punishment.
4. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(b) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(c) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(d) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
5. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) They are secondary under Clarke's command.
(b) They are to determine WTC's security weaknesses.
(c) They are to find the culprits.
(d) They are to implement greater security measures at WTC.
6. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
(a) Exports oil to the U.S.
(b) Continue arms trade with South Africa.
(c) Export oil to the U.K.
(d) Fund terrorism against Syria.
7. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
(a) A Wall Street Journal reporter in the field.
(b) A relative of a CNN employee.
(c) CIA satellite photos.
(d) A friend who is a reporter for the Associated Press.
8. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(b) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(c) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(d) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
9. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(b) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(c) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(d) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
10. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They now have the military power to run the government.
(b) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(c) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
(d) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
11. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(b) They withdraw in 1988.
(c) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
(d) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
12. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
(a) The department is no longer autonomous but under the CSG.
(b) Sharing information with civilians.
(c) FBI investigations are now subject to random investigation by the CSG.
(d) Secret Service, CIA, and FBI must meet more often.
13. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
14. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Pakistan.
(b) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(c) Invasion of Iran.
(d) Invasion of Iraq.
15. How do the surviving families of TWA 800 respond to Clinton's visit?
(a) They shun his lack of genuine concern.
(b) They embrace his empathy.
(c) They understand he is there politically.
(d) They are angry for answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
2. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
3. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
4. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
5. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)