|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
(a) The Bahraini Shi'a.
(b) Bahraini refugees in Oman.
(c) Sunni minority in Bahrain.
(d) The Bahraini military.
2. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(b) To put Russia off balance.
(c) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(d) To protect Iraq.
3. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) Kuwait's ambassador.
(c) An Arab-language London paper.
4. What does Freeh believe is the cause of Saudi Arabia's lack of cooperation with the FBI?
(a) It is a Clinton cover-up.
(b) Saudi Arabia is too proud to let others co-command.
(c) They are part of the terrorist group.
(d) FBI is to intimidating for the Saudi Arabian Special Forces.
5. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To ally with Israel.
(b) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(c) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(d) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
6. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(b) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(c) Syria adds help to Iran.
(d) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
7. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(b) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(c) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(d) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
8. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) Evacuation of New York City.
(b) The National Guard's presence.
(c) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(d) A state emergency.
9. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(b) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(c) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(d) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
10. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
(a) Detain him illegally to interrogate him.
(b) Get him to cooperate for a light sentence.
(c) Execute him as an example for other terrorists.
(d) Banish him to Saudi Arabia so they can handle his case.
11. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(b) The crash in New York.
(c) The crash into the Pentagon.
(d) The crash into the Sears Tower.
12. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(b) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(c) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(d) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
13. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) A pre-school in Florida.
(b) On vacation in Texas.
(c) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
(d) A college basketball game at Yale.
14. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
(a) Clinton agrees to investigation of military laxness.
(b) Clinton wants the FBI to hold investigation information from the Pentagon.
(c) Clinton allows Saudi Arabia to head the investigation.
(d) Clinton does not want military retaliation.
15. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(a) Saudia Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
2. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
3. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
4. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
5. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)