|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) A state emergency.
(b) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(c) Evacuation of New York City.
(d) The National Guard's presence.
2. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
(b) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
(c) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
(d) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
3. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Iran.
(b) Invasion of Iraq.
(c) Invasion of Pakistan.
(d) Invasion of Afghanistan.
4. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Yemen and Iran.
(b) Egypt and Iraq.
(c) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(d) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
5. How do the surviving families of TWA 800 respond to Clinton's visit?
(a) They are angry for answers.
(b) They shun his lack of genuine concern.
(c) They embrace his empathy.
(d) They understand he is there politically.
6. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
(a) Clinton allows Saudi Arabia to head the investigation.
(b) Clinton agrees to investigation of military laxness.
(c) Clinton does not want military retaliation.
(d) Clinton wants the FBI to hold investigation information from the Pentagon.
7. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
(b) War with Iraq.
(c) Precautions before entering a war.
(d) How to get Pakistan's support.
8. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
(c) Syria and Iran.
(d) Iran and Iraq.
9. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(b) Give armaments to Iran.
(c) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(d) Offer air force support to Iran.
10. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
(b) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(c) They think he is nuts.
(d) They completely agree and back him.
11. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(b) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(c) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(d) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
12. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(b) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(c) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(d) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
13. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How they can link Saddam to this.
(b) What to do about al Qaeda.
(c) How to invade Iraq.
(d) How to get Pakistan's support.
14. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
(a) Tense for a possible war.
(b) Fear that Clinton will not respond rationally.
(c) Understanding that domestic terrorism will be on the rise from this point forward.
(d) Happy they have a reason to engage in a war with Iran.
15. Which country noticeably does not attend the International Summit on Terrorism?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
2. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
3. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
4. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
5. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)