|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(b) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(c) The U.S. snipers.
(d) AC-130 strikes.
2. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(b) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(c) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
(d) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
3. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
(a) WTC bombing of 1993 was not a large enough wake-up call.
(b) The push for budget cuts.
(c) Republican-Democratic party animosity.
(d) The lack of shared intelligence to the Congress.
4. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) They are to determine WTC's security weaknesses.
(b) They are to find the culprits.
(c) They are secondary under Clarke's command.
(d) They are to implement greater security measures at WTC.
5. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(b) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(c) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(d) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
6. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(b) Egypt and Iraq.
(c) Yemen and Iran.
(d) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
7. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
(a) Continue arms trade with South Africa.
(b) Export oil to the U.K.
(c) Exports oil to the U.S.
(d) Fund terrorism against Syria.
8. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(b) Offer air force support to Iran.
(c) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(d) Give armaments to Iran.
9. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Iran.
(b) Invasion of Iraq.
(c) Invasion of Pakistan.
(d) Invasion of Afghanistan.
10. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) The Army deployed to New York City.
(b) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(c) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(d) The National Guard deployed to New York.
11. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
(b) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(c) They operate under emcon.
(d) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
12. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They completely agree and back him.
(b) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
(c) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(d) They think he is nuts.
13. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) Kuwait's ambassador.
(c) An Arab-language London paper.
14. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
(b) At John O'Neill's funeral.
(c) He doesn't until he retires.
(d) Not for another month after 9/11.
15. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(b) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(c) To ally with Israel.
(d) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
2. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
3. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
4. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)