|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the federal government want to take over airport security?
(a) Budget costs.
(b) They do not want to implement an entire new department.
(c) Lobbyists from private airport security firms and airlines.
(d) It takes away from private airline employment opportunities.
2. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(b) Russia invades Iran.
(c) Hussein attacks Iran.
(d) Iran attacks Israel.
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(b) United Arab Emirates.
4. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(b) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(c) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(d) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
5. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(b) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
(c) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
(d) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
6. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(b) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(c) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(d) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
7. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
(a) Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi from Libya.
(b) Hasan al-Turabi from Sudan.
(c) President Mohammed Najibullah from Afghanistan.
(d) Bendjedid from Algeria.
8. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) Why the WTC would be a target.
(b) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(c) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
(d) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
9. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
10. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
(b) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
(c) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
(d) The new regime is communist.
11. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
12. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(b) Evacuation of New York City.
(c) A state emergency.
(d) The National Guard's presence.
13. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
(a) Publicize all possible suspects on a nationwide emergency network.
(b) Greater collaborative effort from all departments.
(c) Make it illegal to fund terrorist groups.
(d) Make execution the only possible terrorist punishment.
14. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
(b) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(c) They are the next rising superpower.
(d) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
15. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
(a) Iraq is desparate to take Kuwait.
(b) Iraq is willing to do whatever it takes to get Kuwait's oil fields.
(c) Iraq is working in cahoots with Kuwait.
(d) Iraq is just intimidating Kuwait.
Short Answer Questions
1. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
2. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
3. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
4. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)