|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
(a) Attacks on the Sears and John Hancock Tower in Chicago.
(b) Aircraft bombings on 11 different flights.
(c) Infiltration into the Pentagon's computer system.
(d) Assassination attempt on President Clinton.
2. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
(a) FBI investigations are now subject to random investigation by the CSG.
(b) The department is no longer autonomous but under the CSG.
(c) Secret Service, CIA, and FBI must meet more often.
(d) Sharing information with civilians.
3. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
(b) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(c) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
(d) They operate under emcon.
4. According to the Counter-terrorism Security Group, what possible target is a major concern?
(a) The World Exposition in New York.
(b) Embassies across the globe.
(c) Political Conventions.
(d) Olympic Games in Atlanta.
5. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash into the Pentagon.
(b) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(c) The crash in New York.
(d) The crash into the Sears Tower.
6. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
(a) Exports oil to the U.S.
(b) Export oil to the U.K.
(c) Fund terrorism against Syria.
(d) Continue arms trade with South Africa.
7. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
(a) Make execution the only possible terrorist punishment.
(b) Greater collaborative effort from all departments.
(c) Make it illegal to fund terrorist groups.
(d) Publicize all possible suspects on a nationwide emergency network.
8. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(b) AC-130 strikes.
(c) The U.S. snipers.
(d) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
9. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
(a) The Bahraini Shi'a.
(b) Sunni minority in Bahrain.
(c) The Bahraini military.
(d) Bahraini refugees in Oman.
10. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
(b) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(c) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
(d) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
11. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
(b) Major highways to and from New York City.
(c) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
(d) Harbors and borders.
12. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
13. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
(a) Heads in the wrong direction and meets the Iraqi oil tankers.
(b) Shoots down an Iranian passenger plane.
(c) Does not communicate on the right line and misses instructions.
(d) Sends bombs to the wrong coordinates.
14. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(b) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(c) They now have the military power to run the government.
(d) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
15. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How they can link Saddam to this.
(b) How to invade Iraq.
(c) What to do about al Qaeda.
(d) How to get Pakistan's support.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
2. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
3. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
4. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
5. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)