|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
(a) Does not communicate on the right line and misses instructions.
(b) Sends bombs to the wrong coordinates.
(c) Heads in the wrong direction and meets the Iraqi oil tankers.
(d) Shoots down an Iranian passenger plane.
2. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
(a) Republican-Democratic party animosity.
(b) The lack of shared intelligence to the Congress.
(c) The push for budget cuts.
(d) WTC bombing of 1993 was not a large enough wake-up call.
3. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(b) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(c) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(d) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
4. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
(c) Iran Revolutionary Guards.
(d) Usama bin Laden.
5. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
(a) Bahraini refugees in Oman.
(b) Sunni minority in Bahrain.
(c) The Bahraini military.
(d) The Bahraini Shi'a.
6. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
(b) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
(c) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
(d) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
7. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(b) Scowcroft asks him about it.
(c) Clarke was in the vicinity.
(d) O'Neill calls him.
8. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Launch missiles on Israel.
(b) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(c) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(d) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
9. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
(a) A Wall Street Journal reporter in the field.
(b) A relative of a CNN employee.
(c) A friend who is a reporter for the Associated Press.
(d) CIA satellite photos.
10. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Iran.
(b) Russia invades Iran.
(c) Iran attacks Israel.
(d) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
11. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to get Pakistan's support.
(b) What to do about al Qaeda.
(c) How to invade Iraq.
(d) How they can link Saddam to this.
12. Why doesn't the federal government want to take over airport security?
(a) They do not want to implement an entire new department.
(b) It takes away from private airline employment opportunities.
(c) Lobbyists from private airport security firms and airlines.
(d) Budget costs.
13. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
(a) Iraq is working in cahoots with Kuwait.
(b) Iraq is willing to do whatever it takes to get Kuwait's oil fields.
(c) Iraq is just intimidating Kuwait.
(d) Iraq is desparate to take Kuwait.
14. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
(a) The Republican Guards kill all that revolted against Hussein.
(b) Hussein begins to threaten Israel.
(c) Hussein begins an alliance with bin Laden.
(d) The Shi'a takes over the government.
15. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
(a) Banish him to Saudi Arabia so they can handle his case.
(b) Execute him as an example for other terrorists.
(c) Get him to cooperate for a light sentence.
(d) Detain him illegally to interrogate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
2. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
3. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
4. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
5. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)