|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(b) Clarke was in the vicinity.
(c) O'Neill calls him.
(d) Scowcroft asks him about it.
2. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(b) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(c) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(d) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
3. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(b) Launch missiles on Israel.
(c) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(d) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
4. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Attack al Qaeda.
(b) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(c) Evacuate the White House.
(d) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
5. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
6. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(b) They are the next rising superpower.
(c) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
(d) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
7. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(b) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(c) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(d) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
8. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(b) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(c) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(d) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
9. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
(a) Happy they have a reason to engage in a war with Iran.
(b) Understanding that domestic terrorism will be on the rise from this point forward.
(c) Tense for a possible war.
(d) Fear that Clinton will not respond rationally.
10. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(b) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(c) Give armaments to Iran.
(d) Offer air force support to Iran.
11. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Syria adds help to Iran.
(b) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(c) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(d) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
12. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He wants Bush impeached.
(b) He had plans to retire in a month.
(c) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
(d) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
13. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) They are to implement greater security measures at WTC.
(b) They are to find the culprits.
(c) They are secondary under Clarke's command.
(d) They are to determine WTC's security weaknesses.
14. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(b) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(c) The Army deployed to New York City.
(d) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
15. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(b) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(c) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
(d) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
2. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
3. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
4. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
5. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)