|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) They operate under emcon.
(b) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
(c) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
(d) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
2. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
(a) Get him to cooperate for a light sentence.
(b) Execute him as an example for other terrorists.
(c) Detain him illegally to interrogate him.
(d) Banish him to Saudi Arabia so they can handle his case.
3. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(b) AC-130 strikes.
(c) The U.S. snipers.
(d) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
4. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(b) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(c) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(d) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
5. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Give armaments to Iran.
(b) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(c) Offer air force support to Iran.
(d) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
6. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Yemen and Iran.
(b) Egypt and Iraq.
(c) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(d) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
7. Which country noticeably does not attend the International Summit on Terrorism?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
8. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
(a) Bendjedid from Algeria.
(b) Hasan al-Turabi from Sudan.
(c) Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi from Libya.
(d) President Mohammed Najibullah from Afghanistan.
9. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
(a) Publicize all possible suspects on a nationwide emergency network.
(b) Make execution the only possible terrorist punishment.
(c) Greater collaborative effort from all departments.
(d) Make it illegal to fund terrorist groups.
10. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
(a) Sends bombs to the wrong coordinates.
(b) Heads in the wrong direction and meets the Iraqi oil tankers.
(c) Shoots down an Iranian passenger plane.
(d) Does not communicate on the right line and misses instructions.
11. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
(a) Tense for a possible war.
(b) Fear that Clinton will not respond rationally.
(c) Happy they have a reason to engage in a war with Iran.
(d) Understanding that domestic terrorism will be on the rise from this point forward.
12. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
(b) Harbors and borders.
(c) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
(d) Major highways to and from New York City.
13. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) They are to find the culprits.
(b) They are secondary under Clarke's command.
(c) They are to determine WTC's security weaknesses.
(d) They are to implement greater security measures at WTC.
14. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to get Pakistan's support.
(b) How to invade Iraq.
(c) What to do about al Qaeda.
(d) How they can link Saddam to this.
15. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
(b) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(c) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
(d) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
Short Answer Questions
1. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
2. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
3. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
4. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)