|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They now have the military power to run the government.
(b) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(c) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(d) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
2. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
3. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(b) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(c) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(d) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
4. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(b) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(c) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(d) Syria adds help to Iran.
5. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(b) AC-130 strikes.
(c) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(d) The U.S. snipers.
6. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(b) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
(c) He pulls relief aid.
(d) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
7. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Give armaments to Iran.
(b) Offer air force support to Iran.
(c) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(d) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
8. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
(a) Happy they have a reason to engage in a war with Iran.
(b) Fear that Clinton will not respond rationally.
(c) Understanding that domestic terrorism will be on the rise from this point forward.
(d) Tense for a possible war.
9. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Iran attacks Israel.
(b) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(c) Russia invades Iran.
(d) Hussein attacks Iran.
10. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
(b) They completely agree and back him.
(c) They think he is nuts.
(d) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
11. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash into the Sears Tower.
(b) The crash in New York.
(c) The crash into the Pentagon.
(d) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
12. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) Clarke is not a popular figure amongst the military.
(b) The FBI already arrives on scene.
(c) It's the first major domestic terrorist attack.
(d) Freeh tells him not to.
13. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He had plans to retire in a month.
(b) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(c) He wants Bush impeached.
(d) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
14. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
(b) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
(c) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
(d) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
15. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(b) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(c) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(d) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freeh believe is the cause of Saudi Arabia's lack of cooperation with the FBI?
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
3. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
4. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
5. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)