|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
(a) Within 2 weeks.
(b) 7 years later.
(c) 13 years later.
(d) The culprit is still on the loose.
2. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
(b) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(c) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
(d) They withdraw in 1988.
3. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(b) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
(c) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
(d) Why the WTC would be a target.
4. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash in New York.
(b) The crash into the Pentagon.
(c) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(d) The crash into the Sears Tower.
5. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(b) To ally with Israel.
(c) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(d) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
6. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
(a) Fear that Clinton will not respond rationally.
(b) Understanding that domestic terrorism will be on the rise from this point forward.
(c) Happy they have a reason to engage in a war with Iran.
(d) Tense for a possible war.
7. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(b) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(c) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(d) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
8. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
(a) National Guard.
(c) Secret Service.
9. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
(b) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(c) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(d) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
10. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
(a) A Wall Street Journal reporter in the field.
(b) A relative of a CNN employee.
(c) CIA satellite photos.
(d) A friend who is a reporter for the Associated Press.
11. What does Gore believe he does well?
(a) Look mad.
(b) Head meetings.
(c) Security plans.
(d) Scare people into doing their jobs well.
12. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) On vacation in Texas.
(b) A pre-school in Florida.
(c) A college basketball game at Yale.
(d) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
13. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
(a) Clinton wants the FBI to hold investigation information from the Pentagon.
(b) Clinton agrees to investigation of military laxness.
(c) Clinton does not want military retaliation.
(d) Clinton allows Saudi Arabia to head the investigation.
14. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
(b) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
(c) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
(d) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
15. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Attack al Qaeda.
(b) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
(c) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(d) Evacuate the White House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
2. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
3. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
4. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)