|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) They will oust Hussein on their own.
(b) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(c) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(d) The Shi'a will take over the government.
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(b) They are the next rising superpower.
(c) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
(d) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
3. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(b) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(c) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(d) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
4. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(b) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(c) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(d) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
5. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Attack al Qaeda.
(b) Evacuate the White House.
(c) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
(d) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
6. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
(b) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
(c) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
(d) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
7. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
(b) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(c) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(d) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
8. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(b) To minimize casualties.
(c) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(d) It'll be the most surprising time.
9. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
(b) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
(c) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(d) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
10. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) The National Guard's presence.
(b) Evacuation of New York City.
(c) A state emergency.
(d) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
11. What does Gore believe he does well?
(a) Head meetings.
(b) Security plans.
(c) Scare people into doing their jobs well.
(d) Look mad.
12. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(b) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(c) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(d) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
13. Which country noticeably does not attend the International Summit on Terrorism?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
14. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(b) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(c) The Army deployed to New York City.
(d) The National Guard deployed to New York.
15. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
(a) Export oil to the U.K.
(b) Continue arms trade with South Africa.
(c) Exports oil to the U.S.
(d) Fund terrorism against Syria.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
2. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
3. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
4. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
5. How many men are involved with the WTC bombing?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)