|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(b) It'll be the most surprising time.
(c) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(d) To minimize casualties.
2. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Launch missiles on Israel.
(b) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(c) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(d) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
3. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
(b) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
(c) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(d) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to invade Iraq.
(b) What to do about al Qaeda.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) How they can link Saddam to this.
5. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(b) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(c) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(d) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
6. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
7. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(b) To ally with Israel.
(c) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(d) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
8. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
(b) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
(c) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
(d) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
9. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(b) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(c) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
(d) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
10. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) The new regime is communist.
(b) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
(c) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
(d) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
11. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
(a) Hussein begins to threaten Israel.
(b) The Republican Guards kill all that revolted against Hussein.
(c) The Shi'a takes over the government.
(d) Hussein begins an alliance with bin Laden.
12. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
(a) Iran Revolutionary Guards.
(d) Usama bin Laden.
13. The increase in counter-terrorism budget helped do what?
(a) Allow better intelligence capabilities.
(b) Increase airport security.
(c) Strengthen the Secret Service staff.
(d) Strengthen the Air Marshalls Program.
14. How do the surviving families of TWA 800 respond to Clinton's visit?
(a) They shun his lack of genuine concern.
(b) They embrace his empathy.
(c) They are angry for answers.
(d) They understand he is there politically.
15. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(b) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
(c) He pulls relief aid.
(d) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
2. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
3. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
4. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
5. What does Gore believe he does well?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)