|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
(b) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
(c) He pulls relief aid.
(d) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
2. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(b) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(c) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(d) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
3. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(b) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(c) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(d) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
4. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
(a) Shoots down an Iranian passenger plane.
(b) Sends bombs to the wrong coordinates.
(c) Heads in the wrong direction and meets the Iraqi oil tankers.
(d) Does not communicate on the right line and misses instructions.
5. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
(c) Syria and Iran.
(d) Iran and Iraq.
6. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
(a) Hasan al-Turabi from Sudan.
(b) President Mohammed Najibullah from Afghanistan.
(c) Bendjedid from Algeria.
(d) Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi from Libya.
7. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(b) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(c) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(d) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
8. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Launch missiles on Israel.
(b) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(c) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(d) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
9. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
(b) Instills sanctions on both countries.
(c) Aids Iraq.
(d) Aids Iran.
10. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
(a) Fear that Clinton will not respond rationally.
(b) Happy they have a reason to engage in a war with Iran.
(c) Tense for a possible war.
(d) Understanding that domestic terrorism will be on the rise from this point forward.
11. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(b) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
(c) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
(d) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
12. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
(b) At John O'Neill's funeral.
(c) Not for another month after 9/11.
(d) He doesn't until he retires.
13. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
(a) Send immediate relief aid.
(b) Have a peacekeeping force collaborate with the U.S. within 2 weeks.
(c) Promote involvement from other countries to help with relief aid trafficking.
(d) Be ready with a peacekeeping force in 6 months.
14. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(b) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(c) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(d) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
15. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Iran.
(b) Invasion of Pakistan.
(c) Invasion of Iraq.
(d) Invasion of Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
2. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
3. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
4. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
5. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)