|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) The U.S. snipers.
(b) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(c) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(d) AC-130 strikes.
2. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
(b) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(c) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
(d) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
3. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
(b) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(c) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(d) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
4. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
(a) Fear that Clinton will not respond rationally.
(b) Happy they have a reason to engage in a war with Iran.
(c) Understanding that domestic terrorism will be on the rise from this point forward.
(d) Tense for a possible war.
5. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(b) They think he is nuts.
(c) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
(d) They completely agree and back him.
6. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(b) Launch missiles on Israel.
(c) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(d) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
7. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
(b) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(c) He pulls relief aid.
(d) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
8. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
(a) Have a peacekeeping force collaborate with the U.S. within 2 weeks.
(b) Be ready with a peacekeeping force in 6 months.
(c) Promote involvement from other countries to help with relief aid trafficking.
(d) Send immediate relief aid.
9. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
(c) Usama bin Laden.
(d) Iran Revolutionary Guards.
10. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) Evacuation of New York City.
(b) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(c) The National Guard's presence.
(d) A state emergency.
11. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(b) Yemen and Iran.
(c) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(d) Egypt and Iraq.
12. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) Clarke is not a popular figure amongst the military.
(b) It's the first major domestic terrorist attack.
(c) Freeh tells him not to.
(d) The FBI already arrives on scene.
13. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(b) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(c) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(d) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
14. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(b) Syria adds help to Iran.
(c) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(d) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
15. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
2. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
3. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
4. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
5. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)