|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
(b) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
(c) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
(d) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
2. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(b) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(c) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(d) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
3. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
(a) Have a peacekeeping force collaborate with the U.S. within 2 weeks.
(b) Promote involvement from other countries to help with relief aid trafficking.
(c) Send immediate relief aid.
(d) Be ready with a peacekeeping force in 6 months.
4. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(b) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(c) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(d) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
5. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They think he is nuts.
(b) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(c) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
(d) They completely agree and back him.
6. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash into the Pentagon.
(b) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(c) The crash into the Sears Tower.
(d) The crash in New York.
7. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(b) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
(c) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
(d) They withdraw in 1988.
8. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
(a) Bahraini refugees in Oman.
(b) Sunni minority in Bahrain.
(c) The Bahraini military.
(d) The Bahraini Shi'a.
9. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To protect Iraq.
(b) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(c) To put Russia off balance.
(d) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
10. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Procure bases.
(b) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
(c) Keep Israel happy.
(d) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
11. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(b) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(c) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(d) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
12. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
(a) Attacks on the Sears and John Hancock Tower in Chicago.
(b) Infiltration into the Pentagon's computer system.
(c) Assassination attempt on President Clinton.
(d) Aircraft bombings on 11 different flights.
13. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(b) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(c) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(d) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
14. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) Why the WTC would be a target.
(b) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
(c) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(d) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
15. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(b) Saudia Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
2. Which country noticeably does not attend the International Summit on Terrorism?
3. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
4. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
5. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)