|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
(a) National Guard.
(b) Secret Service.
2. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
(a) 7 years later.
(b) Within 2 weeks.
(c) The culprit is still on the loose.
(d) 13 years later.
3. Why doesn't the federal government want to take over airport security?
(a) Lobbyists from private airport security firms and airlines.
(b) They do not want to implement an entire new department.
(c) It takes away from private airline employment opportunities.
(d) Budget costs.
4. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(b) To protect Iraq.
(c) To put Russia off balance.
(d) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
5. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(b) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
(c) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(d) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
6. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(b) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(c) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(d) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
7. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(b) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(c) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(d) The Army deployed to New York City.
8. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(b) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(c) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(d) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
9. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
10. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) The U.S. snipers.
(b) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(c) AC-130 strikes.
(d) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
11. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
(a) Be ready with a peacekeeping force in 6 months.
(b) Promote involvement from other countries to help with relief aid trafficking.
(c) Send immediate relief aid.
(d) Have a peacekeeping force collaborate with the U.S. within 2 weeks.
12. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
(b) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
(c) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
(d) The new regime is communist.
13. What does Gore believe he does well?
(a) Security plans.
(b) Head meetings.
(c) Look mad.
(d) Scare people into doing their jobs well.
14. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Iran.
(b) Russia invades Iran.
(c) Iran attacks Israel.
(d) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
15. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(b) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(c) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(d) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
2. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
3. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
4. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
5. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)