|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(b) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(c) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(d) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
2. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
(b) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(c) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(d) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
3. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How they can link Saddam to this.
(b) How to get Pakistan's support.
(c) How to invade Iraq.
(d) What to do about al Qaeda.
5. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(b) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(c) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(d) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
6. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(b) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(c) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(d) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
7. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
(a) The Republican Guards kill all that revolted against Hussein.
(b) Hussein begins to threaten Israel.
(c) Hussein begins an alliance with bin Laden.
(d) The Shi'a takes over the government.
8. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(b) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(c) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(d) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
9. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
(a) Infiltration into the Pentagon's computer system.
(b) Assassination attempt on President Clinton.
(c) Attacks on the Sears and John Hancock Tower in Chicago.
(d) Aircraft bombings on 11 different flights.
10. The increase in counter-terrorism budget helped do what?
(a) Strengthen the Secret Service staff.
(b) Strengthen the Air Marshalls Program.
(c) Allow better intelligence capabilities.
(d) Increase airport security.
11. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
(a) Heads in the wrong direction and meets the Iraqi oil tankers.
(b) Does not communicate on the right line and misses instructions.
(c) Shoots down an Iranian passenger plane.
(d) Sends bombs to the wrong coordinates.
12. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(b) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(c) It'll be the most surprising time.
(d) To minimize casualties.
13. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
14. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) AC-130 strikes.
(b) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(c) The U.S. snipers.
(d) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
15. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(c) Kuwait's ambassador.
(d) An Arab-language London paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
2. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
3. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
4. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)