|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(b) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(c) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(d) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
2. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
(a) The media's greater interest in his work.
(b) Public Health agencies meeting ont he subject.
(c) 20/20 does a special on chemical and biological weapons.
(d) Shalala saying Health and Human Services is a key part in the fight against terrorism.
3. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
(a) Clinton and Gore.
(b) Janet Reno.
(c) Tony Lake.
(d) Clarke and Tenet.
4. Where does CSG send specialized security after their meeting on August 8, 1998?
(a) U.S Embassy in all northern African nations.
(b) All armed force bases in Lebanon.
(c) U.S. Embassy in Albania.
(d) Major U.S. airports.
5. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
2. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
3. What does Berger do for Clarke as Clarke did for him?
4. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
5. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)