|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
(a) He thinks it will send an immediate message if they use it on Iraq.
(b) He believes they should send them overseas but use them only as an emergency.
(c) He believes Iraq has them and is willing to use them.
(d) He thinks they are "goofy."
2. What balance act does Ashcroft fail to do?
(a) Protect civil liberties while implementing domestic security.
(b) Be a politician and an attorney.
(c) Keep CSG happy while maintaining good side with the President.
(d) Keep FBI and CIA equally happy.
3. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) AC-130 strikes.
(b) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(c) The U.S. snipers.
(d) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
4. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
(a) He sends men, arms, and money to fight against the Serbs.
(b) He plans terrorist attacks on President Izetbegovic.
(c) He finances their war.
(d) He allies with them against Russia.
5. According to Clarke, what is the global response to the U.S.'s invasion of Iraq after 9/11?
(a) Surprise positive response from other Muslim nations.
(b) Western support but larger relationship gap from Muslim countries.
(c) Heightened hatred for America among Muslim youth.
(d) General support to finally oust Hussein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
2. How does al Qaeda indirectly fund terrorism so they are not caught?
3. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
4. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)