|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the CIA have extra motivation to catch Kansi?
(a) Kansi escaped from them durign a previous snatch attempt.
(b) Kansi is the ringleader of over five terrorists attacks against the U.S.
(c) Kansi killed their own men in front of their headquarters.
(d) They have been after Kansi for over a decade.
2. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) They will oust Hussein on their own.
(b) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(c) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(d) The Shi'a will take over the government.
3. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
(b) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
(c) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
(d) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
4. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
(a) Offer increased budgets with their participation.
(b) Threaten budget cuts.
(c) Scare them into it.
(d) Flatter them on their department's useful knowledge and know-how.
5. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Egypt and Iraq.
(b) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(c) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(d) Yemen and Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
2. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
3. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
4. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
5. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)