|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What first tests the capabilities of the new department of Homeland Security?
(a) Bombs in night clubs across U.S.
(b) Suicide bombings at marketplaces.
(c) Anthrax attacks.
(d) Finding the financiers of terrorists in U.S.
2. What does Clinton reputedly say, as written in "USA Today" in 2001?
(a) "I fought terrorism to the best of my ability, but it is up to civilians to educate themselves."
(b) "We prevented many attacks that are unknown. This fight continues into the next presidency."
(c) "I wish Bush great luck... Maybe he'll have a better chance at getting al Qaeda."
(d) "I tried to take bin Laden out... the last four years I was in office."
3. As Clarke handles recent terrorist attacks against the U.S., with many dead and injured, what is headlining the media?
(a) How Republicans hold Congress majority.
(b) The need for homeland security.
(c) American Idol.
(d) Clinton's infidelity scandal.
4. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
(b) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
(c) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(d) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
5. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
2. What surprises Powell when he observes a meeting between CSG, NSC, State, Defense, CIA, FBI, and military?
3. How many cruise missiles are launched against al Qaeda camps and target buildings?
4. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
5. Why is it difficult for Saudi Arabia to actively work against al Qaeda?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)