|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To ally with Israel.
(b) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(c) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(d) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
2. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
(a) The Pentagon seems worried, but the White House does not see the urgency.
(b) Some are alarmed, but most do not see the urgency.
(c) Senior officials feel prepared and are not worried.
(d) Most go to work waiting for something big to happen.
3. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(b) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
(c) Why the WTC would be a target.
(d) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
4. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
(b) They are the next rising superpower.
(c) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
(d) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
5. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(b) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(c) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(d) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat is part of Executive Order 13099 against those that finance terrorist organizations?
2. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
3. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
4. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
5. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)