|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What report does an Arab leader give the consul general?
(a) Hussein is setting up an assasination attempt on Clarke.
(b) Usama bin Laden has a contract out to kill Clarke.
(c) Hussein is looking for chemical engineers for his weapons program.
(d) bin Laden is asking for leads to a chemical weapons program.
2. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(b) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(c) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
(d) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
3. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
(a) The culprit is still on the loose.
(b) Within 2 weeks.
(c) 13 years later.
(d) 7 years later.
4. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
(a) Flatter them on their department's useful knowledge and know-how.
(b) Offer increased budgets with their participation.
(c) Scare them into it.
(d) Threaten budget cuts.
5. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
(b) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(c) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(d) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
2. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
3. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
4. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
5. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)