|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
(a) 7 years later.
(b) The culprit is still on the loose.
(c) 13 years later.
(d) Within 2 weeks.
2. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
(a) He promises bonuses when he gets information on al Qaeda.
(b) He shows them evidence that cells exist in their cities.
(c) He gets Gore to speak directly with them.
(d) He threatens their bonuses, promotion and city assignments.
3. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(b) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(c) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(d) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
4. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) It'll be the most surprising time.
(b) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(c) To minimize casualties.
(d) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
5. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
(a) Having a "terrorism czar."
(b) The order of the Continuity of Government.
(c) The assignments of the ten programs in Initiative X.
(d) Who is responsible for the Critical Infrstructure Program.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
2. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
3. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
4. Near the end of Clinton's administration, what is one of his main focuses?
5. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)