|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
(b) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
(c) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
(d) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
2. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
(b) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(c) They withdraw in 1988.
(d) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
3. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
4. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(b) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(c) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(d) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
5. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
(a) The phone book.
(b) The Japanese mob in New York.
(c) FBI is able to trace the agent to the seller and thus to a buyer.
(d) CIA had information on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does al Qaeda indirectly fund terrorism so they are not caught?
2. Although al Qaeda's center is known to reside in Afghanistan, what percent of U.S. forces fighting "war on terrorism" is in Afghanistan?
3. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
4. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
5. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)