|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
(a) Improve U.S. relations with developing countries.
(b) Using the Taliban's own bombing tactics on their known facilities.
(c) Strengthen U.S. friendship with Pakistan.
(d) Helping the Northern Alliance.
2. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(a) Hind-D helicopters.
(c) Anti-missile lasers.
(d) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
3. Why does the CIA have extra motivation to catch Kansi?
(a) Kansi killed their own men in front of their headquarters.
(b) They have been after Kansi for over a decade.
(c) Kansi is the ringleader of over five terrorists attacks against the U.S.
(d) Kansi escaped from them durign a previous snatch attempt.
4. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(b) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(c) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(d) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
5. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
(a) The CIA and FBI has infiltrated Khartoum.
(b) Usama bin Laden believes Turabi has lost sight of the Caliphate.
(c) Turabi becomes too controlling for bin Laden.
(d) Egypt's threat of military buildup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
2. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
3. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
4. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
5. What does Gore believe he does well?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)