|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(b) To put Russia off balance.
(c) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(d) To protect Iraq.
2. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
(a) Using the Taliban's own bombing tactics on their known facilities.
(b) Helping the Northern Alliance.
(c) Strengthen U.S. friendship with Pakistan.
(d) Improve U.S. relations with developing countries.
3. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
(a) Who is responsible for the Critical Infrstructure Program.
(b) Having a "terrorism czar."
(c) The assignments of the ten programs in Initiative X.
(d) The order of the Continuity of Government.
4. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) Kuwait's ambassador.
(b) An Arab-language London paper.
5. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
(a) Clinton does not want military retaliation.
(b) Clinton wants the FBI to hold investigation information from the Pentagon.
(c) Clinton agrees to investigation of military laxness.
(d) Clinton allows Saudi Arabia to head the investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first tests the capabilities of the new department of Homeland Security?
2. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
3. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
4. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
5. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)