|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
(a) The Bahraini military.
(b) Sunni minority in Bahrain.
(c) The Bahraini Shi'a.
(d) Bahraini refugees in Oman.
2. What does Clarke work on with Arms Control Director Ron Lehmen to verify "innocent' chemical plants?
(a) An Alternative Energy Pact.
(b) A Weapons of Mass Destruction Protocol.
(c) A Chemical Weapons Convention Treaty.
(d) A Nuclear Power Inspection Committee.
3. What does Madeleine Albright compare CIA's risk-averse behavior to?
(a) A person with anxiety and depression.
(b) A person with schizophrenia.
(c) A person with battered child syndrome.
(d) A hypochondriac.
4. What does the Millennium After Action review mostly focus on?
(a) A small break from terrorism now that the holidays are over.
(b) Their success in stopping attacks during New Year's Eve into 2000.
(c) New threats in the next millenium.
(d) There are al Qaeda sleeper cells in the U.S.
5. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
(a) The phone book.
(b) FBI is able to trace the agent to the seller and thus to a buyer.
(c) The Japanese mob in New York.
(d) CIA had information on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Powell suggest to fight the al Qaeda threat?
2. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
3. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
4. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
5. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)