|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
(b) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
(c) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
(d) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
2. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
(a) Threaten budget cuts.
(b) Offer increased budgets with their participation.
(c) Flatter them on their department's useful knowledge and know-how.
(d) Scare them into it.
3. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Pakistan.
(b) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(c) Invasion of Iran.
(d) Invasion of Iraq.
4. What plan of attack does al Qaeda execute in Indonesia?
(a) They bomb the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta.
(b) They bomb 20 churches on Christmas in 2000.
(c) They bomb 4 marketplaces throughout the country simultaneously.
(d) They bomb multiple hotels throughout the Christmas holiday season.
5. What does Ressam's custody lead to?
(a) A sleeper cell in Montreal.
(b) An ex-cab driver in Boston.
(c) Attack plans on a Radisson Hotel for Millenium New Year.
(d) Attack plans on Times Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
2. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
3. What does the Millennium After Action review mostly focus on?
4. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
5. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)