|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on August 7, 1998?
(a) U.S. embassies bombed in Tanzania and Kenya.
(b) Clinton's interrogation over his personal scandal.
(c) TWA 800 flight explodes.
(d) Marine barracks bombed in Lebanon.
2. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
3. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(b) O'Neill calls him.
(c) Scowcroft asks him about it.
(d) Clarke was in the vicinity.
4. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(b) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(c) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
(d) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
5. Where does CSG send specialized security after their meeting on August 8, 1998?
(a) All armed force bases in Lebanon.
(b) U.S. Embassy in Albania.
(c) Major U.S. airports.
(d) U.S Embassy in all northern African nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
2. What domestic security model would Clarke like to copy in the U.S.?
3. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
4. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
5. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)