|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weakness do Rice and Hadley have in their new positions under George W. Bush's administration?
(a) They often feel the need to check with the President before making a call.
(b) Neither are firm in their decisions.
(c) They are both passive agressive people.
(d) They last worked in NSC during Cold War.
2. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
(b) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
(c) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(d) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
3. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
(a) Snipers are to take out bin Laden.
(b) Usama bin Laden is to meet his high officials.
(c) Congress will vote on Clinton's impeachment.
(d) U.S. will bomb Iran.
4. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(b) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(c) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(d) The Army deployed to New York City.
5. What happens on August 7, 1998?
(a) TWA 800 flight explodes.
(b) Marine barracks bombed in Lebanon.
(c) Clinton's interrogation over his personal scandal.
(d) U.S. embassies bombed in Tanzania and Kenya.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
2. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
3. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
4. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
5. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)