|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Saudi Arabia to actively work against al Qaeda?
(a) al Qaeda places a threat on Saud family.
(b) Many al Qaeda leaders are members in the Saud family.
(c) They share some common Wahhabist ideals and beliefs.
(d) al Qaeda leaders are a peaceful bond between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
2. Clarke models his work with Will Wechsler after seeing success against what other crime group?
(a) The Chicago mob scene.
(b) The Cali drug cartel.
(c) The Medellin drug cartel.
3. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
(a) Some are alarmed, but most do not see the urgency.
(b) The Pentagon seems worried, but the White House does not see the urgency.
(c) Most go to work waiting for something big to happen.
(d) Senior officials feel prepared and are not worried.
4. What weakness do Rice and Hadley have in their new positions under George W. Bush's administration?
(a) They often feel the need to check with the President before making a call.
(b) They last worked in NSC during Cold War.
(c) They are both passive agressive people.
(d) Neither are firm in their decisions.
5. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
(a) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gets towed away.
(b) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle catches on fire.
(c) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle gest struck in traffic and does not show.
(d) The Mass Decontamination Vehicle does not work during a demonstration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubling news does the CIA bring to the 0730 CSG meeting on August 7, 1998?
2. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
3. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
4. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
5. What threat is part of Executive Order 13099 against those that finance terrorist organizations?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)