|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
(b) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(c) Why the WTC would be a target.
(d) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
2. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(b) Launch missiles on Israel.
(c) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(d) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
3. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
(a) Next al Qaeda attack will hold Taliban responsible.
(b) Taliban should be aware of Northern Alliance's new ally.
(c) Clarke has a contract out for bin Laden's death.
(d) Any country known to fund terrorists will have sanctions placed.
4. What does Cheney admit on "Meet the Press" in September of 2003?
(a) He believes al Qaeda is not proven to be the ones responsbile for 9/11.
(b) There is no evidence that states Iraq is involved with 9/11 attacks.
(c) He disagreed with Bush on war with Iraq.
(d) Perhaps going into Iraq was a bad idea.
5. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(b) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(c) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(d) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freeh believe is the cause of Saudi Arabia's lack of cooperation with the FBI?
2. What first tests the capabilities of the new department of Homeland Security?
3. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
4. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
5. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)