|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
(a) The CIA and FBI has infiltrated Khartoum.
(b) Turabi becomes too controlling for bin Laden.
(c) Usama bin Laden believes Turabi has lost sight of the Caliphate.
(d) Egypt's threat of military buildup.
2. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
3. Why does Clarke believe America is less secure even if bin Laden and his high officials are caught?
(a) Patriot Act is just as dangerous.
(b) Iraq is still a dangerous threat.
(c) al Qaeda is successful in recruiting thousands of followers.
(d) Other rising terrorist groups modeled after al Qaeda are growing.
4. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
(a) Underground mobs.
(b) Russian and Chinese espionage.
(c) Domestic terrorists such as McVeigh.
(d) Violent protests such as the World Trade Organization meeting in Seattle.
5. According to the Counter-terrorism Security Group, what possible target is a major concern?
(a) Embassies across the globe.
(b) The World Exposition in New York.
(c) Olympic Games in Atlanta.
(d) Political Conventions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
2. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
3. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
4. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
5. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)