|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(b) Scowcroft asks him about it.
(c) O'Neill calls him.
(d) Clarke was in the vicinity.
2. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(b) Kuwait's ambassador.
(c) An Arab-language London paper.
3. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
(a) CIA had information on them.
(b) The Japanese mob in New York.
(c) FBI is able to trace the agent to the seller and thus to a buyer.
(d) The phone book.
4. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(a) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(c) Hind-D helicopters.
(d) Anti-missile lasers.
5. What does Clinton reputedly say, as written in "USA Today" in 2001?
(a) "I tried to take bin Laden out... the last four years I was in office."
(b) "We prevented many attacks that are unknown. This fight continues into the next presidency."
(c) "I wish Bush great luck... Maybe he'll have a better chance at getting al Qaeda."
(d) "I fought terrorism to the best of my ability, but it is up to civilians to educate themselves."
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
2. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
3. According to the Counter-terrorism Security Group, what possible target is a major concern?
4. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
5. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)