|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
(a) The Bahraini Shi'a.
(b) Bahraini refugees in Oman.
(c) Sunni minority in Bahrain.
(d) The Bahraini military.
2. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
3. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
(b) Usama bin Laden.
(c) Iran Revolutionary Guards.
4. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) Evacuation of New York City.
(b) A state emergency.
(c) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(d) The National Guard's presence.
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(b) Russia invades Iran.
(c) Hussein attacks Iran.
(d) Iran attacks Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubling news does the CIA bring to the 0730 CSG meeting on August 7, 1998?
2. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
3. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
4. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
5. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)