|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When George W. Bush becomes President, what is the early focus in 2001?
(a) Opening pipelines in Alaska.
(b) Counter-terrorism at all costs.
(c) China and an antimissile defense system.
2. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
(a) The department is no longer autonomous but under the CSG.
(b) Sharing information with civilians.
(c) Secret Service, CIA, and FBI must meet more often.
(d) FBI investigations are now subject to random investigation by the CSG.
3. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(b) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(c) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(d) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
4. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
(a) Flatter them on their department's useful knowledge and know-how.
(b) Threaten budget cuts.
(c) Scare them into it.
(d) Offer increased budgets with their participation.
5. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
(a) Anthrax attacks.
(b) Smallpox virus attacks.
(c) Sarin nerve gas attacks.
(d) Hanta virus attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
2. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
3. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
4. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
5. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)