|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
(a) Get him to cooperate for a light sentence.
(b) Detain him illegally to interrogate him.
(c) Banish him to Saudi Arabia so they can handle his case.
(d) Execute him as an example for other terrorists.
2. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Give armaments to Iran.
(b) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(c) Offer air force support to Iran.
(d) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
3. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
(a) Having a "terrorism czar."
(b) The assignments of the ten programs in Initiative X.
(c) The order of the Continuity of Government.
(d) Who is responsible for the Critical Infrstructure Program.
4. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
5. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
(a) Predators, (unmanned aircrafts).
(b) Left behind dissidents in Sudan.
(c) Allying with Russia.
(d) American born Afghanistans that are loyal to the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
2. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
3. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
4. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
5. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)