|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) It's the first major domestic terrorist attack.
(b) Freeh tells him not to.
(c) The FBI already arrives on scene.
(d) Clarke is not a popular figure amongst the military.
2. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
(b) Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
(c) Qatar's Shi'a population.
(d) The southern tribes in Sudan.
3. How does the U.S. plan to pass Pakistan airspace without issues?
(a) Secretary of State will issue warning to Pakistan just minutes before it occurs.
(b) The U.S. will use a stealth bomber to avoid radar detection.
(c) Gore will personally call up the Pakistani general and ask him.
(d) Ralston will have dinner with the Pakistani general.
4. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
(a) The phone book.
(b) CIA had information on them.
(c) FBI is able to trace the agent to the seller and thus to a buyer.
(d) The Japanese mob in New York.
5. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
(a) Take hostages from the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
(b) Send suicide bombers outside Rahman's prison.
(c) Kill tourists and stuff them with leaflets calling for his release.
(d) Publicly announce war on Egypt and the U.S. on BBC if they do not release him.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
2. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
3. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
4. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
5. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)