|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(b) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(c) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(d) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
2. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
3. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(b) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
(c) Evacuate the White House.
(d) Attack al Qaeda.
4. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
(a) Attacks on the Sears and John Hancock Tower in Chicago.
(b) Infiltration into the Pentagon's computer system.
(c) Assassination attempt on President Clinton.
(d) Aircraft bombings on 11 different flights.
5. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
(a) Exports oil to the U.S.
(b) Continue arms trade with South Africa.
(c) Fund terrorism against Syria.
(d) Export oil to the U.K.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
2. Where does Wechsler learn that al Qaeda gets most of its finances from?
3. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
4. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
5. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)