|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
(a) Send suicide bombers outside Rahman's prison.
(b) Kill tourists and stuff them with leaflets calling for his release.
(c) Take hostages from the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
(d) Publicly announce war on Egypt and the U.S. on BBC if they do not release him.
2. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To put Russia off balance.
(b) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(c) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(d) To protect Iraq.
3. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
(a) Predators, (unmanned aircrafts).
(b) Left behind dissidents in Sudan.
(c) Allying with Russia.
(d) American born Afghanistans that are loyal to the U.S.
4. In regards to the chemical/biological weapons front, what does Colin Powell think about them for the First Gulf War?
(a) He thinks they are "goofy."
(b) He believes Iraq has them and is willing to use them.
(c) He believes they should send them overseas but use them only as an emergency.
(d) He thinks it will send an immediate message if they use it on Iraq.
5. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Give armaments to Iran.
(b) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(c) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(d) Offer air force support to Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
2. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
3. What happens on August 7, 1998?
4. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
5. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)