|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
(b) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(c) They operate under emcon.
(d) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
2. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(b) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(c) Launch missiles on Israel.
(d) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
3. What does "Critical Infrastructure Protection" refer to?
(a) Protecting all major road networks such as interstates and bridges.
(b) Protecting D.C. and the roads leading in and out of it.
(c) Protecting computer systems and networks.
(d) Protecting major landmarks and the roads leading to and from them.
4. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) He prefers the CIA's plans.
(b) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
(c) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
(d) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
5. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) The Army deployed to New York City.
(b) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(c) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(d) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
2. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
3. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
4. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
5. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)