|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(b) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(c) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(d) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
2. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(b) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(c) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(d) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
3. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
4. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
(b) They now have the military power to run the government.
(c) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(d) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
5. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(b) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(c) The U.S. snipers.
(d) AC-130 strikes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
2. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
3. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
4. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
5. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)