|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does CSG send specialized security after their meeting on August 8, 1998?
(a) All armed force bases in Lebanon.
(b) U.S. Embassy in Albania.
(c) U.S Embassy in all northern African nations.
(d) Major U.S. airports.
2. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Aids Iran.
(b) Aids Iraq.
(c) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
(d) Instills sanctions on both countries.
3. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
4. According to the Counter-terrorism Security Group, what possible target is a major concern?
(a) Embassies across the globe.
(b) Political Conventions.
(c) The World Exposition in New York.
(d) Olympic Games in Atlanta.
5. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
(a) Small countries that are threatened by superpowers.
(b) Muslim minorities who want to gain independence.
(c) Christian nations.
(d) Countries where Muslim factions fight with one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
2. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
3. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
4. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
5. What prompts Health and Human Services to attend a CSG meeting for the first time?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)