|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(b) Invasion of Iraq.
(c) Invasion of Iran.
(d) Invasion of Pakistan.
2. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
(a) Happy they have a reason to engage in a war with Iran.
(b) Fear that Clinton will not respond rationally.
(c) Understanding that domestic terrorism will be on the rise from this point forward.
(d) Tense for a possible war.
3. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
(b) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(c) Why the WTC would be a target.
(d) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
4. Of the following, which is NOT a lesson learned in Charlie Allen's assembly of intelligence agencies?
(a) The agencies never got together to consider al Qaeda's weapons before.
(b) It is impossible to prove al Qaeda does not have weapons of mass destruction.
(c) It is easier to hide weapons of mass destruction than find them.
(d) There are less possiblities of weapons locations than they realized.
5. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To put Russia off balance.
(b) To protect Iraq.
(c) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(d) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
2. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
3. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
4. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
5. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)