|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
(a) Congress will vote on Clinton's impeachment.
(b) U.S. will bomb Iran.
(c) Usama bin Laden is to meet his high officials.
(d) Snipers are to take out bin Laden.
2. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
(b) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
(c) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
(d) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
3. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(b) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
(c) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(d) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
4. Why do some people feel secure about future terrorist attacks?
(a) The CIA and FBI are at their best at the moment.
(b) The U.S. has the biggest, baddest army in the world.
(c) They feel the U.S. is too far away for a big attack to happen.
(d) Nearly all the terrorists are caught or dead.
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(b) Hussein attacks Iran.
(c) Russia invades Iran.
(d) Iran attacks Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
2. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
3. Of the following, which is NOT a lesson learned in Charlie Allen's assembly of intelligence agencies?
4. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
5. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)