|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Aids Iraq.
(b) Aids Iran.
(c) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
(d) Instills sanctions on both countries.
2. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(b) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(c) Hind-D helicopters.
(d) Anti-missile lasers.
3. With Executive Order 13099, what does Clarke finally get to focus on?
(a) Stopping terrorism financing.
(b) Prevention and not just response.
(d) Chemical agents in Shifa.
4. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
5. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(b) They now have the military power to run the government.
(c) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(d) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
2. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
4. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
5. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)