|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
2. Why doesn't the federal government want to take over airport security?
(a) It takes away from private airline employment opportunities.
(b) Lobbyists from private airport security firms and airlines.
(c) They do not want to implement an entire new department.
(d) Budget costs.
3. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
(b) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
(c) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
(d) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
4. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) Freeh tells him not to.
(b) Clarke is not a popular figure amongst the military.
(c) The FBI already arrives on scene.
(d) It's the first major domestic terrorist attack.
5. Why do some people feel secure about future terrorist attacks?
(a) The U.S. has the biggest, baddest army in the world.
(b) The CIA and FBI are at their best at the moment.
(c) They feel the U.S. is too far away for a big attack to happen.
(d) Nearly all the terrorists are caught or dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
2. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
3. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
4. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
5. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)