|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) The FBI already arrives on scene.
(b) It's the first major domestic terrorist attack.
(c) Clarke is not a popular figure amongst the military.
(d) Freeh tells him not to.
2. Of the following, which is NOT a lesson learned in Charlie Allen's assembly of intelligence agencies?
(a) The agencies never got together to consider al Qaeda's weapons before.
(b) It is impossible to prove al Qaeda does not have weapons of mass destruction.
(c) There are less possiblities of weapons locations than they realized.
(d) It is easier to hide weapons of mass destruction than find them.
3. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(b) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(c) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(d) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
4. How does the U.S. plan to pass Pakistan airspace without issues?
(a) Gore will personally call up the Pakistani general and ask him.
(b) The U.S. will use a stealth bomber to avoid radar detection.
(c) Secretary of State will issue warning to Pakistan just minutes before it occurs.
(d) Ralston will have dinner with the Pakistani general.
5. What does Clinton reputedly say, as written in "USA Today" in 2001?
(a) "I fought terrorism to the best of my ability, but it is up to civilians to educate themselves."
(b) "We prevented many attacks that are unknown. This fight continues into the next presidency."
(c) "I wish Bush great luck... Maybe he'll have a better chance at getting al Qaeda."
(d) "I tried to take bin Laden out... the last four years I was in office."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
2. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
3. The increase in counter-terrorism budget helped do what?
4. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
5. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)