|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
(b) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
(c) He prefers the CIA's plans.
(d) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
2. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
(a) His ability to use laymen's words and not medical jargon.
(b) By assuring the government has a handle on defenses.
(c) Through a series of briefings and speeches such as that on 60 minutes.
(d) By downplaying its possibility in the near future.
3. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
(b) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
(c) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
(d) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
4. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Instills sanctions on both countries.
(b) Aids Iran.
(c) Aids Iraq.
(d) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
5. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(b) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(c) AC-130 strikes.
(d) The U.S. snipers.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Clarke handles recent terrorist attacks against the U.S., with many dead and injured, what is headlining the media?
2. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
3. Of the following, which is NOT a lesson learned in Charlie Allen's assembly of intelligence agencies?
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
5. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)