|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
(a) Clinton does not want military retaliation.
(b) Clinton wants the FBI to hold investigation information from the Pentagon.
(c) Clinton agrees to investigation of military laxness.
(d) Clinton allows Saudi Arabia to head the investigation.
2. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
(b) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
(c) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(d) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
3. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
(c) National Guard.
(d) Secret Service.
4. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) Kuwait's ambassador.
(d) An Arab-language London paper.
5. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) He prefers the CIA's plans.
(b) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
(c) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
(d) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Counter-terrorism Security Group, what possible target is a major concern?
2. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
3. What does "Critical Infrastructure Protection" refer to?
4. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
5. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)