|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(b) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(c) To protect Iraq.
(d) To put Russia off balance.
2. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(b) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(c) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(d) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
3. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
(b) Aids Iran.
(c) Aids Iraq.
(d) Instills sanctions on both countries.
4. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
(a) 13 years later.
(b) Within 2 weeks.
(c) 7 years later.
(d) The culprit is still on the loose.
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(b) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(c) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(d) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
2. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
3. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
4. Why is the Pol-Mil Plan called "Top Secret Delenda?"
5. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)