|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(b) The U.S. snipers.
(c) AC-130 strikes.
(d) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
2. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to get Pakistan's support.
(b) What to do about al Qaeda.
(c) How they can link Saddam to this.
(d) How to invade Iraq.
3. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(b) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(c) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(d) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
4. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) Harbors and borders.
(b) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
(c) Major highways to and from New York City.
(d) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
5. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
(a) WTC bombing of 1993 was not a large enough wake-up call.
(b) The push for budget cuts.
(c) Republican-Democratic party animosity.
(d) The lack of shared intelligence to the Congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
2. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
3. Why do some people feel secure about future terrorist attacks?
4. According to Will Wechsler, where do people think bin Laden gets his finances from?
5. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)