|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
(a) Offer increased budgets with their participation.
(b) Threaten budget cuts.
(c) Scare them into it.
(d) Flatter them on their department's useful knowledge and know-how.
2. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
(a) Within 2 weeks.
(b) 7 years later.
(c) 13 years later.
(d) The culprit is still on the loose.
3. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(b) An Arab-language London paper.
(d) Kuwait's ambassador.
4. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(b) They withdraw in 1988.
(c) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
(d) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
5. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
(b) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(c) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
(d) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is expected to happen on August 20, 1998?
2. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
3. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
5. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)