|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clarke work on with Arms Control Director Ron Lehmen to verify "innocent' chemical plants?
(a) A Weapons of Mass Destruction Protocol.
(b) A Chemical Weapons Convention Treaty.
(c) A Nuclear Power Inspection Committee.
(d) An Alternative Energy Pact.
2. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(b) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(c) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
(d) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
3. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
(a) Publicly announce war on Egypt and the U.S. on BBC if they do not release him.
(b) Send suicide bombers outside Rahman's prison.
(c) Take hostages from the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
(d) Kill tourists and stuff them with leaflets calling for his release.
4. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(b) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(c) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(d) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
5. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(a) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(b) Hind-D helicopters.
(c) Anti-missile lasers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
2. Which country noticeably does not attend the International Summit on Terrorism?
3. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
4. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
5. How many cruise missiles are launched against al Qaeda camps and target buildings?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)