|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
(a) Afghanistan is not where al Qaeda works from.
(b) Afghanistan is willing to work diplomatically with the U.S.
(c) It will cause a war with Afghanistan and Russia all over again.
(d) The U.S. is already known as the Mad Bomber.
2. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) Kuwait's ambassador.
(d) An Arab-language London paper.
3. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
4. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) Freeh tells him not to.
(b) Clarke is not a popular figure amongst the military.
(c) The FBI already arrives on scene.
(d) It's the first major domestic terrorist attack.
5. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(b) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(c) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(d) The Army deployed to New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Aideed to go underground?
2. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
3. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
4. How does al Qaeda indirectly fund terrorism so they are not caught?
5. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)