|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) It'll be the most surprising time.
(b) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(c) To minimize casualties.
(d) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
2. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(b) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(c) They now have the military power to run the government.
(d) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
3. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(b) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(c) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(d) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
4. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(b) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(c) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(d) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) The new regime is communist.
(b) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
(c) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
(d) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
2. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
3. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
4. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
5. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)