|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
(b) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
(c) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
(d) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(b) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(c) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(d) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
3. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) To minimize casualties.
(b) It'll be the most surprising time.
(c) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(d) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
4. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
(b) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(c) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(d) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
5. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
(b) Iran and Iraq.
(d) Syria and Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freeh believe is the cause of Saudi Arabia's lack of cooperation with the FBI?
2. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
3. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
4. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
5. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)