|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
(b) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
(c) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
(d) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
2. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(b) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(c) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(d) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
3. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) Clarke is not a popular figure amongst the military.
(b) It's the first major domestic terrorist attack.
(c) Freeh tells him not to.
(d) The FBI already arrives on scene.
4. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
(b) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(c) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(d) They now have the military power to run the government.
5. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(b) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(c) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(d) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
Short Answer Questions
1. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
2. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
3. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
4. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
5. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)