|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The increase in counter-terrorism budget helped do what?
(a) Increase airport security.
(b) Allow better intelligence capabilities.
(c) Strengthen the Secret Service staff.
(d) Strengthen the Air Marshalls Program.
2. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) War with Iraq.
(b) How to get Pakistan's support.
(c) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
(d) Precautions before entering a war.
3. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They now have the military power to run the government.
(b) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(c) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
(d) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
4. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(b) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(c) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(d) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(b) Launch missiles on Israel.
(c) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(d) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
2. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
3. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
4. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
5. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)