|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(c) United Arab Emirates.
2. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
(b) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
(c) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
(d) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
3. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(b) Hind-D helicopters.
(c) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(d) Anti-missile lasers.
4. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
(b) Secret Service.
(c) National Guard.
5. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He had plans to retire in a month.
(b) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(c) He wants Bush impeached.
(d) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
2. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
3. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
4. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
5. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)