|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
(b) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(c) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(d) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
2. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
(a) Make it illegal to fund terrorist groups.
(b) Greater collaborative effort from all departments.
(c) Publicize all possible suspects on a nationwide emergency network.
(d) Make execution the only possible terrorist punishment.
3. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) They operate under emcon.
(b) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
(c) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(d) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
4. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(b) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(c) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(d) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
5. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(b) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(c) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(d) To ally with Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
2. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
3. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
4. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)