|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) They are the next rising superpower.
(b) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
(c) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
(d) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(b) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(c) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(d) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
3. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
(a) Clinton agrees to investigation of military laxness.
(b) Clinton does not want military retaliation.
(c) Clinton wants the FBI to hold investigation information from the Pentagon.
(d) Clinton allows Saudi Arabia to head the investigation.
4. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(b) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(c) To ally with Israel.
(d) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
5. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
(b) At John O'Neill's funeral.
(c) He doesn't until he retires.
(d) Not for another month after 9/11.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are involved with the WTC bombing?
2. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
3. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
4. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
5. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)