|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) Precautions before entering a war.
(b) War with Iraq.
(c) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
(d) How to get Pakistan's support.
2. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
(b) Not for another month after 9/11.
(c) He doesn't until he retires.
(d) At John O'Neill's funeral.
3. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to get Pakistan's support.
(b) How they can link Saddam to this.
(c) What to do about al Qaeda.
(d) How to invade Iraq.
4. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
(b) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(c) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
(d) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
5. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
(a) Promote involvement from other countries to help with relief aid trafficking.
(b) Be ready with a peacekeeping force in 6 months.
(c) Send immediate relief aid.
(d) Have a peacekeeping force collaborate with the U.S. within 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
2. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
3. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
4. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
5. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)