|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(b) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(c) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(d) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
2. How do the surviving families of TWA 800 respond to Clinton's visit?
(a) They are angry for answers.
(b) They understand he is there politically.
(c) They embrace his empathy.
(d) They shun his lack of genuine concern.
3. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Instills sanctions on both countries.
(b) Aids Iran.
(c) Aids Iraq.
(d) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
4. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(b) Iran attacks Israel.
(c) Russia invades Iran.
(d) Hussein attacks Iran.
5. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(b) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(c) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(d) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
2. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
3. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
4. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
5. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)