|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
(a) Exports oil to the U.S.
(b) Fund terrorism against Syria.
(c) Export oil to the U.K.
(d) Continue arms trade with South Africa.
2. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Egypt and Iraq.
(b) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(c) Yemen and Iran.
(d) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
3. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
(a) The culprit is still on the loose.
(b) 7 years later.
(c) Within 2 weeks.
(d) 13 years later.
4. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(b) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(c) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(d) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
5. The increase in counter-terrorism budget helped do what?
(a) Allow better intelligence capabilities.
(b) Increase airport security.
(c) Strengthen the Air Marshalls Program.
(d) Strengthen the Secret Service staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
2. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
3. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
4. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
5. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)