|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(b) The Army deployed to New York City.
(c) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(d) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
2. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) Freeh tells him not to.
(b) It's the first major domestic terrorist attack.
(c) Clarke is not a popular figure amongst the military.
(d) The FBI already arrives on scene.
3. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) Clarke was in the vicinity.
(c) Scowcroft asks him about it.
(d) O'Neill calls him.
4. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To protect Iraq.
(b) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(c) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(d) To put Russia off balance.
5. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) He pulls relief aid.
(b) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
(c) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(d) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the surviving families of TWA 800 respond to Clinton's visit?
2. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
3. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
4. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
5. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)