|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
(b) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(c) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
(d) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
2. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(d) Saudia Arabia.
3. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
(a) CIA satellite photos.
(b) A relative of a CNN employee.
(c) A Wall Street Journal reporter in the field.
(d) A friend who is a reporter for the Associated Press.
4. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They think he is nuts.
(b) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(c) They completely agree and back him.
(d) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
5. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
(b) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(c) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
(d) They operate under emcon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
2. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
3. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
4. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
5. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)