|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(b) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
(c) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(d) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
2. What does Gore believe he does well?
(a) Look mad.
(b) Scare people into doing their jobs well.
(c) Head meetings.
(d) Security plans.
3. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(b) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(c) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(d) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
4. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(b) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(c) To ally with Israel.
(d) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
5. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
(a) Understanding that domestic terrorism will be on the rise from this point forward.
(b) Happy they have a reason to engage in a war with Iran.
(c) Fear that Clinton will not respond rationally.
(d) Tense for a possible war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
2. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
3. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
4. What does Freeh believe is the cause of Saudi Arabia's lack of cooperation with the FBI?
5. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)