|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
(a) The push for budget cuts.
(b) Republican-Democratic party animosity.
(c) WTC bombing of 1993 was not a large enough wake-up call.
(d) The lack of shared intelligence to the Congress.
2. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Iran.
(b) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(c) Invasion of Iraq.
(d) Invasion of Pakistan.
3. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(b) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
(c) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(d) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
4. How many men are involved with the WTC bombing?
5. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(b) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(c) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(d) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
2. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
3. What does Gore believe he does well?
4. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
5. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)