|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) O'Neill calls him.
(b) Scowcroft asks him about it.
(c) Clarke was in the vicinity.
2. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(b) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(c) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(d) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
3. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(b) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
(c) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(d) They now have the military power to run the government.
4. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
(a) The push for budget cuts.
(b) WTC bombing of 1993 was not a large enough wake-up call.
(c) Republican-Democratic party animosity.
(d) The lack of shared intelligence to the Congress.
5. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(b) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(c) It'll be the most surprising time.
(d) To minimize casualties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
2. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
3. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
4. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
5. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)