|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(b) Saudia Arabia.
2. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
(a) Republican-Democratic party animosity.
(b) The push for budget cuts.
(c) The lack of shared intelligence to the Congress.
(d) WTC bombing of 1993 was not a large enough wake-up call.
3. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
(a) Greater collaborative effort from all departments.
(b) Publicize all possible suspects on a nationwide emergency network.
(c) Make execution the only possible terrorist punishment.
(d) Make it illegal to fund terrorist groups.
4. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
5. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(b) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(c) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(d) Syria adds help to Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
3. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
4. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
5. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)