|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Pakistan.
(b) Invasion of Iraq.
(c) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(d) Invasion of Iran.
2. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
(b) He pulls relief aid.
(c) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(d) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
3. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) It'll be the most surprising time.
(b) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(c) To minimize casualties.
(d) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
4. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(a) Saudia Arabia.
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(b) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(c) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(d) Launch missiles on Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
2. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
3. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
4. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
5. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)