|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Iran attacks Israel.
(b) Hussein attacks Iran.
(c) Russia invades Iran.
(d) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
2. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
(a) Employ an intelligence operation.
(b) Ally with Saudi Arabia for a small-scale attack.
(c) Convince allies to an economic boycott.
(d) Attack Iranian sponsored terrorist camps in Lebanon.
3. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(b) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(c) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
(d) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
4. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
(a) Iraq is desparate to take Kuwait.
(b) Iraq is willing to do whatever it takes to get Kuwait's oil fields.
(c) Iraq is working in cahoots with Kuwait.
(d) Iraq is just intimidating Kuwait.
5. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(b) To protect Iraq.
(c) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(d) To put Russia off balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
2. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
3. How many men are involved with the WTC bombing?
4. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
5. According to the Counter-terrorism Security Group, what possible target is a major concern?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)