|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Aids Iraq.
(b) Instills sanctions on both countries.
(c) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
(d) Aids Iran.
2. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(b) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(c) Syria adds help to Iran.
(d) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
3. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash into the Sears Tower.
(b) The crash into the Pentagon.
(c) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(d) The crash in New York.
4. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To ally with Israel.
(b) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(c) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(d) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
5. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to invade Iraq.
(b) How they can link Saddam to this.
(c) What to do about al Qaeda.
(d) How to get Pakistan's support.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
2. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
3. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
4. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
5. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)