|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) They are the next rising superpower.
(b) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
(c) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(d) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
2. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(a) United Arab Emirates.
3. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
(a) Send immediate relief aid.
(b) Be ready with a peacekeeping force in 6 months.
(c) Have a peacekeeping force collaborate with the U.S. within 2 weeks.
(d) Promote involvement from other countries to help with relief aid trafficking.
4. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
(a) Hasan al-Turabi from Sudan.
(b) Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi from Libya.
(c) President Mohammed Najibullah from Afghanistan.
(d) Bendjedid from Algeria.
5. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(b) Invasion of Iran.
(c) Invasion of Iraq.
(d) Invasion of Pakistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are involved with the WTC bombing?
2. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
3. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
4. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
5. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)