|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
2. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To protect Iraq.
(b) To put Russia off balance.
(c) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(d) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
3. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(b) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(c) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(d) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
4. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He had plans to retire in a month.
(b) He wants Bush impeached.
(c) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(d) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
5. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
(a) FBI investigations are now subject to random investigation by the CSG.
(b) The department is no longer autonomous but under the CSG.
(c) Secret Service, CIA, and FBI must meet more often.
(d) Sharing information with civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
2. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
3. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
4. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
5. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)