|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(b) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(c) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(d) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
2. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(b) To protect Iraq.
(c) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(d) To put Russia off balance.
3. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) They are secondary under Clarke's command.
(b) They are to find the culprits.
(c) They are to implement greater security measures at WTC.
(d) They are to determine WTC's security weaknesses.
4. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
(b) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(c) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
(d) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
5. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He wants Bush impeached.
(b) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(c) He had plans to retire in a month.
(d) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
2. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
3. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
4. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
5. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)