|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
(b) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(c) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
(d) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
2. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(b) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(c) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(d) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
3. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(b) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
(c) They are the next rising superpower.
(d) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
4. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Yemen and Iran.
(b) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(c) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(d) Egypt and Iraq.
5. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
(b) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(c) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(d) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
2. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
3. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
4. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)