|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(b) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(c) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(d) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
2. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(b) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(c) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(d) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
3. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(b) Saudia Arabia.
4. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(b) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(c) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
(d) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
5. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(b) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(c) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(d) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
2. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
3. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
4. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
5. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)