|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
(b) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(c) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
(d) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
2. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) Not for another month after 9/11.
(b) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
(c) He doesn't until he retires.
(d) At John O'Neill's funeral.
3. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) How to get Pakistan's support.
(b) War with Iraq.
(c) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
(d) Precautions before entering a war.
4. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) AC-130 strikes.
(b) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(c) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(d) The U.S. snipers.
5. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
(c) Syria and Iran.
(d) Iran and Iraq.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
2. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
3. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
4. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
5. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)