|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) He doesn't until he retires.
(b) Not for another month after 9/11.
(c) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
(d) At John O'Neill's funeral.
2. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(b) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(c) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(d) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
3. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) A college basketball game at Yale.
(b) A pre-school in Florida.
(c) On vacation in Texas.
(d) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
4. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
(a) Make execution the only possible terrorist punishment.
(b) Make it illegal to fund terrorist groups.
(c) Greater collaborative effort from all departments.
(d) Publicize all possible suspects on a nationwide emergency network.
5. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) Major highways to and from New York City.
(b) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
(c) Harbors and borders.
(d) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
2. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
3. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
4. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
5. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)