|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Russia invades Iran.
(b) Hussein attacks Iran.
(c) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(d) Iran attacks Israel.
2. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(b) Anti-missile lasers.
(c) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(d) Hind-D helicopters.
3. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(b) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(c) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(d) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
4. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
(a) Publicize all possible suspects on a nationwide emergency network.
(b) Make execution the only possible terrorist punishment.
(c) Make it illegal to fund terrorist groups.
(d) Greater collaborative effort from all departments.
5. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
(b) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
(c) He pulls relief aid.
(d) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
2. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
3. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
5. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)