|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
2. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(b) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(c) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(d) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
3. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
(b) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(c) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
(d) Why the WTC would be a target.
4. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(b) AC-130 strikes.
(c) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(d) The U.S. snipers.
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
(b) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
(c) The new regime is communist.
(d) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
2. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
3. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
4. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
5. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)