|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
(b) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
(c) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
(d) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
2. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Russia invades Iran.
(b) Iran attacks Israel.
(c) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(d) Hussein attacks Iran.
3. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
(b) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
(c) Major highways to and from New York City.
(d) Harbors and borders.
4. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(b) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(c) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(d) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
5. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(b) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
(c) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(d) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
2. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
3. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
4. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
5. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)