|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(b) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(c) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(d) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
2. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) To minimize casualties.
(b) It'll be the most surprising time.
(c) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(d) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
3. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(b) Saudia Arabia.
4. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(b) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(c) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(d) The Army deployed to New York City.
5. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Procure bases.
(b) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
(c) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
(d) Keep Israel happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
2. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
3. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
4. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
5. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)