|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Offer air force support to Iran.
(b) Give armaments to Iran.
(c) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(d) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
2. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
(a) Hussein begins to threaten Israel.
(b) Hussein begins an alliance with bin Laden.
(c) The Republican Guards kill all that revolted against Hussein.
(d) The Shi'a takes over the government.
3. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(b) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(c) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(d) Syria adds help to Iran.
4. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Keep Israel happy.
(b) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
(c) Procure bases.
(d) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Iran attacks Israel.
(b) Russia invades Iran.
(c) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(d) Hussein attacks Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
2. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
3. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
4. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
5. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)