|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Evacuate the White House.
(b) Attack al Qaeda.
(c) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(d) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
2. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(b) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(c) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(d) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
3. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
(b) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
(c) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(d) He pulls relief aid.
4. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(b) A state emergency.
(c) Evacuation of New York City.
(d) The National Guard's presence.
5. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(b) They now have the military power to run the government.
(c) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(d) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
2. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
3. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
4. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
5. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)