|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are involved with the WTC bombing?
2. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(b) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(c) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(d) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
3. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(b) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(c) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(d) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
4. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(b) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(c) Anti-missile lasers.
(d) Hind-D helicopters.
5. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(b) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(c) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(d) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
2. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
3. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
4. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
5. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)