|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(b) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
(c) They operate under emcon.
(d) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
2. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To put Russia off balance.
(b) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(c) To protect Iraq.
(d) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
3. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(a) Anti-missile lasers.
(c) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(d) Hind-D helicopters.
4. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash in New York.
(b) The crash into the Sears Tower.
(c) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(d) The crash into the Pentagon.
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
(b) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
(c) The new regime is communist.
(d) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
2. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
3. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
4. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
5. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)