|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
(b) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(c) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(d) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(b) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(c) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(d) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
3. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash into the Pentagon.
(b) The crash in New York.
(c) The crash into the Sears Tower.
(d) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
4. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) A college basketball game at Yale.
(b) A pre-school in Florida.
(c) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
(d) On vacation in Texas.
5. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
(b) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
(c) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
(d) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
2. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
3. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
4. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
5. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)