|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(b) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(c) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(d) The Army deployed to New York City.
2. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(b) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(c) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(d) Syria adds help to Iran.
3. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(b) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(c) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(d) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
4. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Launch missiles on Israel.
(b) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(c) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(d) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
5. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(b) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(c) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(d) To ally with Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
2. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
3. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
4. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
5. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)