|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(b) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(c) The Army deployed to New York City.
(d) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
2. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(b) They will oust Hussein on their own.
(c) The Shi'a will take over the government.
(d) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
3. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Iraq.
(b) Invasion of Iran.
(c) Invasion of Pakistan.
(d) Invasion of Afghanistan.
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to invade Iraq.
(b) How to get Pakistan's support.
(c) How they can link Saddam to this.
(d) What to do about al Qaeda.
5. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(b) United Arab Emirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
2. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
3. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
4. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
5. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)