|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Launch missiles on Israel.
(b) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(c) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(d) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(b) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(c) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(d) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
3. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
(b) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
(c) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
(d) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
4. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(b) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(c) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(d) Syria adds help to Iran.
5. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
(b) Syria and Iran.
(d) Iran and Iraq.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
2. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
3. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
4. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
5. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)