|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
(b) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
(c) Harbors and borders.
(d) Major highways to and from New York City.
2. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
(a) Syria and Iran.
(c) Iran and Iraq.
3. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(a) Saudia Arabia.
4. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(b) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(c) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(d) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
5. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(b) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(c) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(d) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
2. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
3. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
4. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
5. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)