|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(b) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(c) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(d) Becoming too close to Israelis.
2. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(a) United Arab Emirates.
3. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) A college basketball game at Yale.
(b) On vacation in Texas.
(c) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
(d) A pre-school in Florida.
4. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
(c) Iran and Iraq.
(d) Syria and Iran.
5. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(b) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(c) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(d) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
2. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
3. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
4. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
5. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)