|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
(b) Harbors and borders.
(c) Major highways to and from New York City.
(d) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
2. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) They operate under emcon.
(b) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(c) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
(d) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
3. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(b) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(c) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(d) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
4. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To put Russia off balance.
(b) To protect Iraq.
(c) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(d) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
5. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
(b) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(c) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
(d) They withdraw in 1988.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
3. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
4. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
5. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)