|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Keep Israel happy.
(b) Procure bases.
(c) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
(d) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
2. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Iran attacks Israel.
(b) Russia invades Iran.
(c) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(d) Hussein attacks Iran.
3. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He had plans to retire in a month.
(b) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(c) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
(d) He wants Bush impeached.
4. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(b) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(c) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(d) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
5. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(b) Saudia Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
2. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
3. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
4. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
5. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)