|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) The National Guard's presence.
(b) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(c) Evacuation of New York City.
(d) A state emergency.
2. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(b) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(c) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(d) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
3. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(b) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(c) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(d) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
4. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
(b) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
(c) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(d) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
5. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(b) The Shi'a will take over the government.
(c) They will oust Hussein on their own.
(d) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
Short Answer Questions
1. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
2. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
3. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
4. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
5. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)