|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(b) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(c) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(d) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
2. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
(b) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
(c) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(d) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
3. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) A state emergency.
(b) The National Guard's presence.
(c) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(d) Evacuation of New York City.
4. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
(b) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
(c) Keep Israel happy.
(d) Procure bases.
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(b) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(c) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(d) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
3. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
4. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
5. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)