|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(b) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(c) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(d) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
2. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(b) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(c) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(d) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
3. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
(b) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
(c) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(d) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
4. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(b) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(c) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(d) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
5. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(b) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(c) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(d) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
2. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
3. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
4. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
5. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)