|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How they can link Saddam to this.
(b) How to get Pakistan's support.
(c) How to invade Iraq.
(d) What to do about al Qaeda.
2. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Iran.
(b) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(c) Iran attacks Israel.
(d) Russia invades Iran.
3. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(b) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
(c) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
(d) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
4. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Keep Israel happy.
(b) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
(c) Procure bases.
(d) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
5. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(b) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(c) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(d) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
2. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
3. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
4. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
5. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)