|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(b) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
(c) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(d) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
2. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(b) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(c) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(d) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
3. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
4. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
(b) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(c) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
(d) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
5. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(b) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(c) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(d) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
2. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
3. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
4. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
5. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)