|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) A college basketball game at Yale.
(b) A pre-school in Florida.
(c) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
(d) On vacation in Texas.
2. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) He doesn't until he retires.
(b) Not for another month after 9/11.
(c) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
(d) At John O'Neill's funeral.
3. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
(b) Precautions before entering a war.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) War with Iraq.
4. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(b) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(c) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(d) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
5. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
(b) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
(c) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(d) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
2. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
3. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
4. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
5. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)