|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(b) They will oust Hussein on their own.
(c) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(d) The Shi'a will take over the government.
2. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(b) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
(c) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(d) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
3. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(b) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
(c) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(d) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
4. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(b) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
(c) They withdraw in 1988.
(d) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
5. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(b) The National Guard's presence.
(c) A state emergency.
(d) Evacuation of New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
2. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
4. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
5. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)