|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Procure bases.
(b) Keep Israel happy.
(c) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
(d) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
2. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(b) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(c) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(d) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
3. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Evacuate the White House.
(b) Attack al Qaeda.
(c) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
(d) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
4. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(b) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(c) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(d) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
5. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(b) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(c) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(d) To ally with Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
2. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
3. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
4. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
5. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)