|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) A college basketball game at Yale.
(b) A pre-school in Florida.
(c) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
(d) On vacation in Texas.
2. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(b) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(c) Launch missiles on Israel.
(d) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
3. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(b) They withdraw in 1988.
(c) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
(d) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
4. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) A state emergency.
(b) Evacuation of New York City.
(c) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(d) The National Guard's presence.
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
(b) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
(c) The new regime is communist.
(d) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
2. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
3. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
4. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
5. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)