|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash into the Pentagon.
(b) The crash in New York.
(c) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(d) The crash into the Sears Tower.
2. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(b) Launch missiles on Israel.
(c) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(d) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
3. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
(a) Hasan al-Turabi from Sudan.
(b) Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi from Libya.
(c) Bendjedid from Algeria.
(d) President Mohammed Najibullah from Afghanistan.
4. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(b) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(c) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(d) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
5. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to get Pakistan's support.
(b) How to invade Iraq.
(c) How they can link Saddam to this.
(d) What to do about al Qaeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
2. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
3. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
4. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
5. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)