|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash in New York.
(b) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(c) The crash into the Pentagon.
(d) The crash into the Sears Tower.
2. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
(b) On vacation in Texas.
(c) A pre-school in Florida.
(d) A college basketball game at Yale.
3. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
(b) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
(c) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(d) They operate under emcon.
4. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(b) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
(c) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(d) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
5. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(b) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(c) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(d) Syria adds help to Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
2. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
3. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
4. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
5. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)