|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(b) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(c) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(d) Becoming too close to Israelis.
2. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(b) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(c) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(d) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
3. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(b) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(c) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(d) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
4. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(b) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
(c) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
(d) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
5. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
(b) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(c) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
(d) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
2. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
3. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
4. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)