|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Pakistan.
(b) Invasion of Iraq.
(c) Invasion of Iran.
(d) Invasion of Afghanistan.
2. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(b) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(c) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(d) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
3. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) How to get Pakistan's support.
(b) War with Iraq.
(c) Precautions before entering a war.
(d) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
4. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
(a) Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi from Libya.
(b) Hasan al-Turabi from Sudan.
(c) President Mohammed Najibullah from Afghanistan.
(d) Bendjedid from Algeria.
5. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(b) To ally with Israel.
(c) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(d) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
2. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
3. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
4. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
5. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)