|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(b) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
(c) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(d) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
(b) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
(c) They are the next rising superpower.
(d) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
3. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
(b) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
(c) The new regime is communist.
(d) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
4. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(b) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(c) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(d) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
5. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
(a) Hussein begins to threaten Israel.
(b) Hussein begins an alliance with bin Laden.
(c) The Republican Guards kill all that revolted against Hussein.
(d) The Shi'a takes over the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
2. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
4. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)