|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(b) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(c) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(d) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
2. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(b) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(c) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
(d) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
3. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(b) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(c) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(d) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
4. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
(b) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
(c) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
(d) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
5. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
2. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
3. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
4. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
5. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)