|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(b) Evacuate the White House.
(c) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
(d) Attack al Qaeda.
2. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(b) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(c) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(d) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
3. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(b) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(c) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(d) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
4. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
(b) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
(c) Keep Israel happy.
(d) Procure bases.
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(b) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(c) Launch missiles on Israel.
(d) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
2. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
3. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
4. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
5. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)