|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) The Army deployed to New York City.
(b) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(c) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(d) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
2. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
(a) Syria and Iran.
(d) Iran and Iraq.
3. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(b) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(c) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
(d) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
4. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(b) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(c) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(d) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
5. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He wants Bush impeached.
(b) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(c) He had plans to retire in a month.
(d) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
2. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
3. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
4. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
5. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)