|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
2. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash into the Sears Tower.
(b) The crash in New York.
(c) The crash into the Pentagon.
(d) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
3. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
(b) He doesn't until he retires.
(c) Not for another month after 9/11.
(d) At John O'Neill's funeral.
4. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(b) Egypt and Iraq.
(c) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(d) Yemen and Iran.
5. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
(b) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(c) They now have the military power to run the government.
(d) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
3. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
4. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)