|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(b) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(c) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
(d) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
2. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
(b) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(c) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(d) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
3. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
(b) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
(c) Procure bases.
(d) Keep Israel happy.
4. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) Precautions before entering a war.
(b) How to get Pakistan's support.
(c) War with Iraq.
(d) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
5. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
2. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
3. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
4. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)