|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(b) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
(c) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(d) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
2. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Iraq.
(b) Invasion of Iran.
(c) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(d) Invasion of Pakistan.
3. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He wants Bush impeached.
(b) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(c) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
(d) He had plans to retire in a month.
4. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(b) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(c) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(d) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Iran attacks Israel.
(b) Hussein attacks Iran.
(c) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(d) Russia invades Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
2. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
3. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
4. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
5. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)