|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to invade Iraq.
(b) What to do about al Qaeda.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) How they can link Saddam to this.
2. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(b) Yemen and Iran.
(c) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(d) Egypt and Iraq.
3. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To protect Iraq.
(b) To put Russia off balance.
(c) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(d) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
4. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(b) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(c) The Army deployed to New York City.
(d) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
5. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) At John O'Neill's funeral.
(b) He doesn't until he retires.
(c) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
(d) Not for another month after 9/11.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
2. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
3. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
4. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
5. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)