|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
(b) At John O'Neill's funeral.
(c) Not for another month after 9/11.
(d) He doesn't until he retires.
2. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
(b) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(c) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(d) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
3. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
4. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
(b) Harbors and borders.
(c) Major highways to and from New York City.
(d) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
5. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(b) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(c) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(d) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
2. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
3. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
4. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
5. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)