|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(b) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(c) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(d) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
2. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(a) Anti-missile lasers.
(b) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(c) Hind-D helicopters.
3. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To protect Iraq.
(b) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(c) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(d) To put Russia off balance.
4. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
(a) At John O'Neill's funeral.
(b) Not for another month after 9/11.
(c) He doesn't until he retires.
(d) When he first sits down to write "Against All Enemies."
5. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
(b) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(c) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
(d) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
2. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
3. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
4. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
5. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)