|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(b) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(c) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(d) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
2. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
3. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
(b) The new regime is communist.
(c) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
(d) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) What to do about al Qaeda.
(b) How they can link Saddam to this.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) How to invade Iraq.
5. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(b) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
(c) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(d) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
2. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
3. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
4. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
5. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)