|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) Precautions before entering a war.
(b) War with Iraq.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
2. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Evacuate the White House.
(b) Attack al Qaeda.
(c) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(d) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
3. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(b) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(c) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(d) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
4. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) On vacation in Texas.
(b) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
(c) A pre-school in Florida.
(d) A college basketball game at Yale.
5. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
(b) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
(c) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(d) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
2. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
3. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
4. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
5. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)