|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
(b) Harbors and borders.
(c) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
(d) Major highways to and from New York City.
2. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(b) They now have the military power to run the government.
(c) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(d) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
3. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(a) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(c) Hind-D helicopters.
(d) Anti-missile lasers.
4. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash in New York.
(b) The crash into the Pentagon.
(c) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(d) The crash into the Sears Tower.
5. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(b) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
(c) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(d) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
2. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
3. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
4. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
5. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)