|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
(b) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(c) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(d) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
2. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(b) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(c) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
(d) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
3. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Give armaments to Iran.
(b) Offer air force support to Iran.
(c) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(d) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
4. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Evacuate the White House.
(b) Attack al Qaeda.
(c) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(d) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
5. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(b) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(c) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(d) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
2. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
3. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
4. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
5. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)