|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(b) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(c) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(d) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
2. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
(c) Syria and Iran.
(d) Iran and Iraq.
3. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Evacuate the White House.
(b) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(c) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
(d) Attack al Qaeda.
4. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(b) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(c) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(d) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
5. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He wants Bush impeached.
(b) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(c) He had plans to retire in a month.
(d) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
2. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
3. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
4. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
5. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)