|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
(b) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
(c) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(d) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
2. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(b) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(c) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(d) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
3. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(b) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(c) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(d) Syria adds help to Iran.
4. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Yemen and Iran.
(b) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(c) Egypt and Iraq.
(d) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
5. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
2. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
3. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
4. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
5. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)