|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Offer air force support to Iran.
(b) Give armaments to Iran.
(c) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(d) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
2. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
(b) He wants Bush impeached.
(c) He had plans to retire in a month.
(d) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
3. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
(b) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(c) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
(d) They withdraw in 1988.
4. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(a) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
(b) Anti-missile lasers.
(c) Hind-D helicopters.
5. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
(b) Iran and Iraq.
(d) Syria and Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
2. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
3. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
4. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
5. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)