|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(b) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(c) Syria adds help to Iran.
(d) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
2. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
(b) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(c) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(d) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
3. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
(b) Attack al Qaeda.
(c) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(d) Evacuate the White House.
4. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
(b) War with Iraq.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) Precautions before entering a war.
5. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To put Russia off balance.
(b) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(c) To protect Iraq.
(d) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
2. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
3. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
4. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
5. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)