|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To put Russia off balance.
(b) To protect Iraq.
(c) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(d) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
2. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(d) Saudia Arabia.
3. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(b) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(c) The National Guard deployed to New York.
(d) The Army deployed to New York City.
4. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
(b) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
(c) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(d) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
5. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
(b) Instills sanctions on both countries.
(c) Aids Iran.
(d) Aids Iraq.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
2. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
3. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
4. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)