|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(b) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
(c) They now have the military power to run the government.
(d) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
2. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He had plans to retire in a month.
(b) He wants Bush impeached.
(c) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(d) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
3. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(b) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(c) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(d) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
4. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(b) Give armaments to Iran.
(c) Offer air force support to Iran.
(d) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
5. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) A state emergency.
(b) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(c) Evacuation of New York City.
(d) The National Guard's presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
2. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
3. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
4. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
5. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)