|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
(b) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(c) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(d) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
2. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Instills sanctions on both countries.
(b) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
(c) Aids Iran.
(d) Aids Iraq.
3. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(b) Saudia Arabia.
4. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(b) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(c) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(d) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
5. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) What to do about al Qaeda.
(b) How to invade Iraq.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) How they can link Saddam to this.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
2. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
3. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
4. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
5. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)