|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(b) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(c) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(d) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
2. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Procure bases.
(b) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
(c) Keep Israel happy.
(d) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
3. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Yemen and Iran.
(b) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(c) Egypt and Iraq.
(d) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
4. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Offer air force support to Iran.
(b) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(c) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(d) Give armaments to Iran.
5. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
2. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
3. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
4. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
5. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)