|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
(b) Major highways to and from New York City.
(c) Harbors and borders.
(d) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
2. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(b) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(c) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(d) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
3. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
(b) Anti-missile lasers.
(c) Hind-D helicopters.
(d) Unmanned aerial vehicles and air-to-ground smart bombs.
4. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(b) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(c) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(d) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
5. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(b) The crash into the Pentagon.
(c) The crash into the Sears Tower.
(d) The crash in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
2. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
3. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
4. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)