|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The crash in New York.
(b) The crash into the Pentagon.
(c) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(d) The crash into the Sears Tower.
2. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(b) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(c) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
(d) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
3. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
(a) Evacuate the White House.
(b) Evacuate all landmark buildings.
(c) Allow the market and businesses to stay open.
(d) Attack al Qaeda.
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to invade Iraq.
(b) How they can link Saddam to this.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) What to do about al Qaeda.
5. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) Harbors and borders.
(b) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
(c) Major highways to and from New York City.
(d) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
2. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
3. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
4. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)