|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) What to do about al Qaeda.
(b) How to invade Iraq.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) How they can link Saddam to this.
2. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
(b) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(c) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
(d) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
3. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To protect Iraq.
(b) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(c) To put Russia off balance.
(d) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
4. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Give armaments to Iran.
(b) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(c) Offer air force support to Iran.
(d) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
5. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
(b) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(c) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(d) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
2. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
3. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
4. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
5. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)