|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(b) Give armaments to Iran.
(c) Offer air force support to Iran.
(d) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
2. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(b) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(c) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
(d) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
3. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Yemen and Iran.
(b) Egypt and Iraq.
(c) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(d) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
4. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
(b) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
(c) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(d) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
5. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
(a) Historical landmarks in New York and D.C.
(b) Harbors and borders.
(c) Major highways to and from New York City.
(d) All federal buildings in all states are to close.
Short Answer Questions
1. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
3. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
4. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
5. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)