|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(b) He wants Bush impeached.
(c) He had plans to retire in a month.
(d) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
2. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(b) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(c) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(d) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
3. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(b) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(c) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(d) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to get Pakistan's support.
(b) How to invade Iraq.
(c) How they can link Saddam to this.
(d) What to do about al Qaeda.
5. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Yemen and Iran.
(b) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
(c) Egypt and Iraq.
(d) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
2. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
3. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
4. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
5. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)