Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clinton reputedly say, as written in "USA Today" in 2001?
(a) "I wish Bush great luck... Maybe he'll have a better chance at getting al Qaeda."
(b) "I fought terrorism to the best of my ability, but it is up to civilians to educate themselves."
(c) "I tried to take bin Laden out... the last four years I was in office."
(d) "We prevented many attacks that are unknown. This fight continues into the next presidency."
2. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
(a) Smallpox virus attacks.
(b) Hanta virus attacks.
(c) Anthrax attacks.
(d) Sarin nerve gas attacks.
3. How does the U.S. plan to pass Pakistan airspace without issues?
(a) Secretary of State will issue warning to Pakistan just minutes before it occurs.
(b) Ralston will have dinner with the Pakistani general.
(c) Gore will personally call up the Pakistani general and ask him.
(d) The U.S. will use a stealth bomber to avoid radar detection.
4. How does al Qaeda indirectly fund terrorism so they are not caught?
(a) They keep all their money in the Caribbean or Switzerland.
(b) They use conterfeit money.
(c) Through fabricated charities, museums, mosques, and cultural centers all over the world.
(d) They do not use a central banking system.
5. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(b) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(c) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(d) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
2. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
3. What does the FBI notice in the summer of 2001?
4. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
5. Where does Wechsler learn that al Qaeda gets most of its finances from?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)