|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(b) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(c) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
(d) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
2. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(a) Saudia Arabia.
3. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(b) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(c) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(d) Syria adds help to Iran.
4. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
(a) How to get Pakistan's support.
(b) Precautions before entering a war.
(c) Ways to attack Afghanistan.
(d) War with Iraq.
5. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(b) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(c) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(d) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
2. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
3. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
4. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
5. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)