|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(b) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(c) To minimize casualties.
(d) It'll be the most surprising time.
2. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
(b) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
(c) He prefers the CIA's plans.
(d) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
3. What does Powell suggest to fight the al Qaeda threat?
(a) Ally with Russia and other countries for unsuspected intelligence resources.
(b) Put pressure on Pakistan to ally with the U.S. and against theTaliban and al Qaeda.
(c) Use U.S.-supporting Afghans to infiltrate al Qaeda cells.
(d) Massive attack on Afghanistan training camps.
4. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
(a) Aircraft bombings on 11 different flights.
(b) Assassination attempt on President Clinton.
(c) Infiltration into the Pentagon's computer system.
(d) Attacks on the Sears and John Hancock Tower in Chicago.
5. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(b) They now have the military power to run the government.
(c) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(d) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws a fit about discussion of al Qaeda at a committee meeting with CSG?
2. Why does the CIA have extra motivation to catch Kansi?
3. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
4. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
5. What does Clarke request from Rice?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)