|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(b) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(c) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(d) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
2. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
(b) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(c) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
(d) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
3. What does the FBI notice in the summer of 2001?
(a) They are the prime department to catch al Qaeda.
(b) Strange events in flight schools across U.S.
(c) There are no active al Qaeda cells in the U.S.
(d) There are al Qaeda sleeper cells in the U.S.
4. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(b) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
(c) He wants Bush impeached.
(d) He had plans to retire in a month.
5. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(b) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(c) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
(d) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
2. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
3. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
4. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
5. How does Wolfowitz add to the threats in Indonesia?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)