|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(b) He pulls relief aid.
(c) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
(d) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
2. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(b) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(c) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(d) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
3. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) They are to implement greater security measures at WTC.
(b) They are secondary under Clarke's command.
(c) They are to determine WTC's security weaknesses.
(d) They are to find the culprits.
4. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) Evacuation of New York City.
(b) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(c) The National Guard's presence.
(d) A state emergency.
5. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
(a) He sends men, arms, and money to fight against the Serbs.
(b) He allies with them against Russia.
(c) He plans terrorist attacks on President Izetbegovic.
(d) He finances their war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the CSG not take extra measures to snatch Khalid Sheik Muhammad?
2. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
3. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
4. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
5. What does the FBI notice in the summer of 2001?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)