|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(b) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(c) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(d) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
2. Near the end of Clinton's administration, what is one of his main focuses?
(a) Domestic security.
(b) Bombing Afghanistan.
(c) Rebuilding Bosnia.
(d) Isreali-Palestinian agreement.
3. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
(b) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
(c) He prefers the CIA's plans.
(d) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
4. When George W. Bush becomes President, what is the early focus in 2001?
(a) Counter-terrorism at all costs.
(b) China and an antimissile defense system.
(d) Opening pipelines in Alaska.
5. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
(a) Secret Service.
(c) National Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
2. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
3. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
4. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
5. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)