|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They completely agree and back him.
(b) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(c) They think he is nuts.
(d) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
2. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
(a) Domestic terrorists such as McVeigh.
(b) Russian and Chinese espionage.
(c) Underground mobs.
(d) Violent protests such as the World Trade Organization meeting in Seattle.
3. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(b) It'll be the most surprising time.
(c) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(d) To minimize casualties.
4. What plan of attack does al Qaeda execute in Indonesia?
(a) They bomb the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta.
(b) They bomb 20 churches on Christmas in 2000.
(c) They bomb multiple hotels throughout the Christmas holiday season.
(d) They bomb 4 marketplaces throughout the country simultaneously.
5. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(b) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(c) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(d) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
2. Where does CSG send specialized security after their meeting on August 8, 1998?
3. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
4. What does Iran continue to do despite U.S. sanctions on them?
5. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)