|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How they can link Saddam to this.
(b) What to do about al Qaeda.
(c) How to get Pakistan's support.
(d) How to invade Iraq.
2. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
(b) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
(c) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
(d) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
3. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) They will oust Hussein on their own.
(b) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(c) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(d) The Shi'a will take over the government.
4. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
(a) Through a series of briefings and speeches such as that on 60 minutes.
(b) His ability to use laymen's words and not medical jargon.
(c) By assuring the government has a handle on defenses.
(d) By downplaying its possibility in the near future.
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Russia invades Iran.
(b) Iran attacks Israel.
(c) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(d) Hussein attacks Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Health and Human Services to attend a CSG meeting for the first time?
2. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
3. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
4. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
5. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)