|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Principals agree to examine what policy?
(a) Policy on sanctions.
(b) Policy on snatches.
(c) Policy on targeted assassinations.
(d) Policy on "retaliation."
2. Where does CSG send specialized security after their meeting on August 8, 1998?
(a) U.S Embassy in all northern African nations.
(b) All armed force bases in Lebanon.
(c) U.S. Embassy in Albania.
(d) Major U.S. airports.
3. What causes Downing, Clarke's CSG replacement, to quit?
(a) Pressure from Bush's administration so they can appoint someone close.
(b) Frsutration at the Administration's bureaucratic response to threat.
(c) Stress at CSG members' inability to cooperate with one another.
(d) Inability to respond effectively during emergencies.
4. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
5. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) It'll be the most surprising time.
(b) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(c) To minimize casualties.
(d) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Powell when he observes a meeting between CSG, NSC, State, Defense, CIA, FBI, and military?
2. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
3. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
4. Why does the CIA have extra motivation to catch Kansi?
5. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)