|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No longer part of the Principals Committee, who does CSG now report to?
(c) Deputy Secretaries.
2. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(b) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(c) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(d) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
3. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(b) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(c) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(d) Syria adds help to Iran.
4. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
(a) Calls Rice to see what she wants to do.
(b) Runs to the Situation Room at the White House.
(c) Calls O'Neill to see if he is OK.
(d) Heads to the White House to speak with Cheney and Rice.
5. What prompts Health and Human Services to attend a CSG meeting for the first time?
(a) A chemical agent is released in Tokyo.
(b) The Pentagon wants to start a biological weapons program.
(c) Anthrax is found in a Cogressman's mail.
(d) Clinton wants to initiate a national medical emergency plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
2. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
3. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
5. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)