|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(b) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(c) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(d) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
2. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
(a) Smallpox virus.
(b) Sarin nerve gas.
(d) Homemade bombs.
3. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
(a) Countries where Muslim factions fight with one another.
(b) Small countries that are threatened by superpowers.
(c) Christian nations.
(d) Muslim minorities who want to gain independence.
4. What does Berger do for Clarke as Clarke did for him?
(a) Assures him as a protectee of the Secret Service.
(b) Handles the media sessions so Clarke can get away.
(c) Offers Clarke his vacation home to relax.
(d) Allows him to stay in his home.
5. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(c) United Arab Emirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
2. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
3. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
4. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
5. As Clarke handles recent terrorist attacks against the U.S., with many dead and injured, what is headlining the media?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)