|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Counter-terrorism Security Group, what possible target is a major concern?
(a) Political Conventions.
(b) Embassies across the globe.
(c) Olympic Games in Atlanta.
(d) The World Exposition in New York.
2. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
(a) The southern tribes in Sudan.
(c) Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
(d) Qatar's Shi'a population.
3. What happens on August 7, 1998?
(a) TWA 800 flight explodes.
(b) Marine barracks bombed in Lebanon.
(c) Clinton's interrogation over his personal scandal.
(d) U.S. embassies bombed in Tanzania and Kenya.
4. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
(b) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
(c) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
(d) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
5. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
(a) Banish him to Saudi Arabia so they can handle his case.
(b) Detain him illegally to interrogate him.
(c) Execute him as an example for other terrorists.
(d) Get him to cooperate for a light sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
2. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
3. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
4. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
5. Which country noticeably does not attend the International Summit on Terrorism?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)