|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
(b) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(c) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
(d) Why the WTC would be a target.
2. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(b) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(c) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(d) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
3. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(b) Syria adds help to Iran.
(c) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(d) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
4. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
(a) President Mohammed Najibullah from Afghanistan.
(b) Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi from Libya.
(c) Hasan al-Turabi from Sudan.
(d) Bendjedid from Algeria.
5. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
(a) Promote involvement from other countries to help with relief aid trafficking.
(b) Be ready with a peacekeeping force in 6 months.
(c) Send immediate relief aid.
(d) Have a peacekeeping force collaborate with the U.S. within 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
2. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
4. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)