|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(d) United Arab Emirates.
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(b) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
(c) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(d) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
3. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(b) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(c) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(d) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
4. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
(b) He wants Bush impeached.
(c) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(d) He had plans to retire in a month.
5. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) The U.S. snipers.
(b) AC-130 strikes.
(c) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(d) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
2. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
3. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
4. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
5. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)