|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(b) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(c) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(d) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
2. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) The new regime is communist.
(b) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
(c) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
(d) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
3. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He wants Bush impeached.
(b) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(c) He had plans to retire in a month.
(d) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
4. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(b) Give armaments to Iran.
(c) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(d) Offer air force support to Iran.
5. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(b) To minimize casualties.
(c) It'll be the most surprising time.
(d) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
2. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
4. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
5. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)