|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
(b) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
(c) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
(d) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
2. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
(a) How the terrorist group got into the WTC.
(b) Why the WTC would be a target.
(c) The unknown names and unfamiliar terrorist group responsible.
(d) The type of bomb utilized in the attack.
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(c) United Arab Emirates.
4. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
(b) Iran Revolutionary Guards.
(d) Usama bin Laden.
5. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(b) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(c) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(d) Becoming too close to Israelis.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
2. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
3. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
4. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
5. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)