|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Iran.
(b) Invasion of Iraq.
(c) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(d) Invasion of Pakistan.
2. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) On vacation in Texas.
(b) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
(c) A pre-school in Florida.
(d) A college basketball game at Yale.
3. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(b) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(c) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(d) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
4. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(b) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(c) Launch missiles on Israel.
(d) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
5. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(d) United Arab Emirates.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
2. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
3. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
4. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
5. How many men are involved with the WTC bombing?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)