|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
(a) A friend who is a reporter for the Associated Press.
(b) CIA satellite photos.
(c) A Wall Street Journal reporter in the field.
(d) A relative of a CNN employee.
2. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
3. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) On vacation in Texas.
(b) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
(c) A pre-school in Florida.
(d) A college basketball game at Yale.
4. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) The Shi'a will take over the government.
(b) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(c) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(d) They will oust Hussein on their own.
5. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
(a) Iraq is desparate to take Kuwait.
(b) Iraq is just intimidating Kuwait.
(c) Iraq is willing to do whatever it takes to get Kuwait's oil fields.
(d) Iraq is working in cahoots with Kuwait.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
2. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
3. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
4. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
5. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)