|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
(a) Combat Air Patrol coverage over New York and D.C.
(b) An Atlantic fleet heads toward New York.
(c) The Army deployed to New York City.
(d) The National Guard deployed to New York.
2. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) An Arab-language London paper.
(c) Kuwait's ambassador.
3. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
(a) WTC bombing of 1993 was not a large enough wake-up call.
(b) The lack of shared intelligence to the Congress.
(c) The push for budget cuts.
(d) Republican-Democratic party animosity.
4. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Iran.
(b) Russia invades Iran.
(c) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(d) Iran attacks Israel.
5. How many men are involved with the WTC bombing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
2. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
3. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
4. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
5. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)