|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
(b) They are the next rising superpower.
(c) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(d) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
2. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
(b) He had plans to retire in a month.
(c) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(d) He wants Bush impeached.
3. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) AC-130 strikes.
(b) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(c) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(d) The U.S. snipers.
4. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) An Arab-language London paper.
(d) Kuwait's ambassador.
5. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
2. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
3. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
4. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)