|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(b) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(c) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(d) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
2. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(b) Yemen and Iran.
(c) Egypt and Iraq.
(d) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
3. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
(a) The movement of the President away from the Northeast.
(b) The crash into the Sears Tower.
(c) The crash into the Pentagon.
(d) The crash in New York.
4. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(b) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(c) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(d) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
5. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
(a) WTC bombing of 1993 was not a large enough wake-up call.
(b) The push for budget cuts.
(c) Republican-Democratic party animosity.
(d) The lack of shared intelligence to the Congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
2. When Clarke returns to the White House after a short break on 9/12, what does he hear Rumsfeld discussing?
3. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
4. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
5. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)