|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(b) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
(c) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(d) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(b) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(c) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(d) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
3. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(b) Iran attacks Israel.
(c) Hussein attacks Iran.
(d) Russia invades Iran.
4. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
(b) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(c) He pulls relief aid.
(d) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
5. What does the Continuity of Government implement?
(a) The movement of departments to alternate sites.
(b) Always having a secure line between the President and Vice President.
(c) Secure back-up of fiber optic cables and wires for communications.
(d) The evacuation of the first five in the line of government to a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
2. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
3. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
4. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
5. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)