|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(b) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(c) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(d) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
2. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(b) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(c) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(d) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
3. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
(a) FBI investigations are now subject to random investigation by the CSG.
(b) Secret Service, CIA, and FBI must meet more often.
(c) The department is no longer autonomous but under the CSG.
(d) Sharing information with civilians.
4. The Russians almost prepare to exercise their strategic nuclear forces due to what concern?
(a) U.S.'s global alert to DEFCON 3.
(b) U.S.'s air patrol towards Alaska.
(c) U.S's naval movement towards Alaska.
(d) U.S.'s preparations for missile attacks.
5. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
(a) Attacks on the Sears and John Hancock Tower in Chicago.
(b) Aircraft bombings on 11 different flights.
(c) Infiltration into the Pentagon's computer system.
(d) Assassination attempt on President Clinton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
2. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
3. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
4. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
5. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)