|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
(b) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
(c) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(d) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
2. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Iran.
(b) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(c) Russia invades Iran.
(d) Iran attacks Israel.
3. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(b) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(c) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
(d) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
4. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
(b) The U.S. snipers.
(c) AC-130 strikes.
(d) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
5. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
(a) Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi from Libya.
(b) Hasan al-Turabi from Sudan.
(c) Bendjedid from Algeria.
(d) President Mohammed Najibullah from Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
2. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
3. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
4. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
5. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)