|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(b) To put Russia off balance.
(c) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(d) To protect Iraq.
2. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(b) Give armaments to Iran.
(c) Offer air force support to Iran.
(d) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
3. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
(a) Iran Revolutionary Guards.
(c) Usama bin Laden.
4. Why does Mike Fenzel have difficulty hearing the crisis conference in the Situation Room?
(a) Dick Cheney will not allow him to.
(b) Fenzel is holed in a cave that has no secure line.
(c) The PEOC has bad static in their teleconference monitors.
(d) Mrs. Cheney prefers to listen to CNN and Dick Cheney keeps hanging up the phone.
5. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
(b) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
(c) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
(d) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
2. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
3. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
4. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
5. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)