|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Iran.
(b) Invasion of Iraq.
(c) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(d) Invasion of Pakistan.
2. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He had plans to retire in a month.
(b) He wants Bush impeached.
(c) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(d) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
3. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
(a) Attacks on the Sears and John Hancock Tower in Chicago.
(b) Aircraft bombings on 11 different flights.
(c) Assassination attempt on President Clinton.
(d) Infiltration into the Pentagon's computer system.
4. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
(a) Keep Israel happy.
(b) Sit in on peace talks between Iran and Iraq.
(c) Advise military bases on emergency strategies.
(d) Procure bases.
5. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(b) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(c) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(d) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
Short Answer Questions
1. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
2. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
3. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
4. What is the first thing Clarke does upon hearing the news of the World Trade Center?
5. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)