|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
2. As Clarke and other national levels get together, what does the mayor of New York City order?
(a) The National Guard's presence.
(b) Evacuation of New York City.
(c) Evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal St.
(d) A state emergency.
3. According to Clarke, what countries must the U.S. be concerned about?
(a) Saudi Arabia and Turkey.
(b) Egypt and Iraq.
(c) Yemen and Iran.
(d) Afghanistan and Pakistan.
4. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Syria adds help to Iran.
(b) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
(c) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(d) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
5. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(b) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(c) To ally with Israel.
(d) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
3. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
4. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
5. Of the following, which military action does NOT occur?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)