|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(b) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(c) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(d) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
2. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(b) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(c) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(d) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
3. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(b) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(c) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(d) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
4. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
(a) Threatens sanctions to all countries that sell to South Africa, including Israel.
(b) Reminds Ivry that Israel needs the U.S. as long as Russia is a superpower.
(c) Offers financial strategies that can replace Israel's business with South Africa.
(d) Discusses apartheid and anti-semitism with Ivry.
5. Among the following, who is NOT present at the Counter-terrorism Security Group meeting immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
2. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
3. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
4. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
5. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)