|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is President Bush at the time of the attacks?
(a) A pre-school in Florida.
(b) On vacation in Texas.
(c) A college basketball game at Yale.
(d) At a Marine facility in Lousiana.
2. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(b) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(c) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(d) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
3. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He had plans to retire in a month.
(b) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
(c) He wants Bush impeached.
(d) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
4. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(b) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
(c) They withdraw in 1988.
(d) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
5. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Iraq.
(b) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(c) Invasion of Pakistan.
(d) Invasion of Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to closing airways, what does Clarke want to safeguard?
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
4. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
5. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)