|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does Clarke have outside the U.S.?
(a) Colin Powell and other officials currently abroad.
(b) Maximizing global empathy to help retaliate against al Qaeda.
(c) Protecting the U.S. embassies overseas.
(d) Talks with the U.K. to begin military actions against al Qaeda.
2. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
(b) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(c) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
(d) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
3. What had Clarke admitted to on a "60 Minutes" interview with Bonin just days before the 9/11 attacks?
(a) He wants Bush impeached.
(b) He is frustrated with the Bush administration's lack of focus on al Qaeda.
(c) He believes a big attack is inevitable.
(d) He had plans to retire in a month.
4. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
(b) The new regime is communist.
(c) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
(d) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
5. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
3. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
4. What does Watson from the FBI suggest the CSG do in the immediate hours following the 9/11 attacks?
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)