|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
(a) A friend who is a reporter for the Associated Press.
(b) CIA satellite photos.
(c) A relative of a CNN employee.
(d) A Wall Street Journal reporter in the field.
2. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(d) Saudia Arabia.
3. What news does the FAA give that causes silence in the CSG meeting on 9/11?
(a) The names of the passengers on board include al Qaeda.
(b) Reports of 11 off-course flights or out of communication flights may be hijacked.
(c) There is another off-course flight heading towards the Sears Tower.
(d) They are unable to give orders to ground all flights.
4. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(b) United Arab Emirates.
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(b) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(c) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(d) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
2. Initially, plans are to have Combat Air Patrol (CAP) over New York and D.C. Clarke then orders CAPs over every major city in the country. What causes him to extend the plans even further?
3. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
4. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
5. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)