Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cruise missiles are launched against al Qaeda camps and target buildings?
2. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
(a) Scare them into it.
(b) Flatter them on their department's useful knowledge and know-how.
(c) Offer increased budgets with their participation.
(d) Threaten budget cuts.
3. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
(a) By downplaying its possibility in the near future.
(b) His ability to use laymen's words and not medical jargon.
(c) Through a series of briefings and speeches such as that on 60 minutes.
(d) By assuring the government has a handle on defenses.
4. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
(b) They completely agree and back him.
(c) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(d) They think he is nuts.
5. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(b) They will oust Hussein on their own.
(c) The Shi'a will take over the government.
(d) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat is part of Executive Order 13099 against those that finance terrorist organizations?
2. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
3. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
4. Why does the CIA have extra motivation to catch Kansi?
5. What troubling news does the CIA bring to the 0730 CSG meeting on August 7, 1998?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)