|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
(b) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(c) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(d) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
2. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Iran attacks Israel.
(b) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(c) Hussein attacks Iran.
(d) Russia invades Iran.
3. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
4. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
(a) They now have the military power to run the government.
(b) That other countries will think twice before they invade.
(c) They are ready to take down the next superpower.
(d) They now know a superpower can be destroyed.
5. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
(a) Public Health agencies meeting ont he subject.
(b) The media's greater interest in his work.
(c) Shalala saying Health and Human Services is a key part in the fight against terrorism.
(d) 20/20 does a special on chemical and biological weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
2. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
3. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
4. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
5. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)