|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Berger do for Clarke as Clarke did for him?
(a) Allows him to stay in his home.
(b) Handles the media sessions so Clarke can get away.
(c) Assures him as a protectee of the Secret Service.
(d) Offers Clarke his vacation home to relax.
2. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(b) Offer air force support to Iran.
(c) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(d) Give armaments to Iran.
3. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
(a) The Bahraini Shi'a.
(b) Bahraini refugees in Oman.
(c) The Bahraini military.
(d) Sunni minority in Bahrain.
4. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
(a) Bendjedid from Algeria.
(b) Hasan al-Turabi from Sudan.
(c) President Mohammed Najibullah from Afghanistan.
(d) Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi from Libya.
5. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
2. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
3. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
4. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
5. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)