|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(b) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(c) To ally with Israel.
(d) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
2. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
(b) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
(c) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(d) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
3. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(b) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(c) It'll be the most surprising time.
(d) To minimize casualties.
4. The increase in counter-terrorism budget helped do what?
(a) Strengthen the Secret Service staff.
(b) Strengthen the Air Marshalls Program.
(c) Allow better intelligence capabilities.
(d) Increase airport security.
5. Why is the Navy officer unsure of whether to contact Clarke about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) It's the first major domestic terrorist attack.
(b) The FBI already arrives on scene.
(c) Freeh tells him not to.
(d) Clarke is not a popular figure amongst the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
2. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
3. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
4. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
5. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)