|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are involved with the WTC bombing?
2. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
(b) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(c) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(d) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
3. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) An Arab-language London paper.
(d) Kuwait's ambassador.
4. What does the State Department originally have for anthrax prevention?
(a) Current research but nothing proven.
(b) Enough vaccinations for high officials.
(c) They do not even know what anthrax is.
(d) A horse.
5. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(b) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(c) It'll be the most surprising time.
(d) To minimize casualties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
2. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
3. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
4. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
5. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)