|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(b) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(c) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(d) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(b) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
(c) They are the next rising superpower.
(d) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
3. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
(a) Homemade bombs.
(b) Sarin nerve gas.
(d) Smallpox virus.
4. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(b) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(c) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(d) To ally with Israel.
5. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
(a) Iraq is desparate to take Kuwait.
(b) Iraq is just intimidating Kuwait.
(c) Iraq is working in cahoots with Kuwait.
(d) Iraq is willing to do whatever it takes to get Kuwait's oil fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
2. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
3. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
4. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
5. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)