|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
(a) Infiltration into the Pentagon's computer system.
(b) Attacks on the Sears and John Hancock Tower in Chicago.
(c) Assassination attempt on President Clinton.
(d) Aircraft bombings on 11 different flights.
2. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(b) Launch missiles on Israel.
(c) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(d) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
3. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
(b) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
(c) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
(d) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
4. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
(a) A Wall Street Journal reporter in the field.
(b) A relative of a CNN employee.
(c) A friend who is a reporter for the Associated Press.
(d) CIA satellite photos.
5. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
(a) A step backward to times before segregation of church and state.
(b) A freer society with greater religious understanding.
(c) A government run with corruption and by fundamentalists.
(d) A repressive 14th century literalist theocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
2. What does Gore believe he does well?
3. How do the surviving families of TWA 800 respond to Clinton's visit?
4. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)