|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
(b) Smallpox virus.
(c) Sarin nerve gas.
(d) Homemade bombs.
2. How does the American team look as they head to their cars after meeting with the Saudi King?
3. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(b) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(c) The Shi'a will take over the government.
(d) They will oust Hussein on their own.
4. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
5. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
(a) The Shah of Iran is an important American ally.
(b) The new regime is communist.
(c) The military coupe caused U.S. military deaths.
(d) Ayatollah Khomeini is an ally of the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
2. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
3. What does "Critical Infrastructure Protection" refer to?
4. What is Sandy Berger's advice to Clarke to get varying departments concerned about chemical/biological weapons prevention and response?
5. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)