|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
(a) 7 years later.
(b) 13 years later.
(c) Within 2 weeks.
(d) The culprit is still on the loose.
2. Where does O'Neill get Aum's contact information?
(a) The Japanese mob in New York.
(b) The phone book.
(c) CIA had information on them.
(d) FBI is able to trace the agent to the seller and thus to a buyer.
3. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
(b) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
(c) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
(d) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
4. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
(b) To minimize casualties.
(c) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(d) It'll be the most surprising time.
5. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(b) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(c) To put Russia off balance.
(d) To protect Iraq.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
2. What causes Aideed to go underground?
3. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
4. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
5. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)