|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(c) Saudia Arabia.
2. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
(b) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(c) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
(d) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
3. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
(a) His ability to use laymen's words and not medical jargon.
(b) Through a series of briefings and speeches such as that on 60 minutes.
(c) By assuring the government has a handle on defenses.
(d) By downplaying its possibility in the near future.
4. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They think he is nuts.
(b) They completely agree and back him.
(c) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(d) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
5. When is the Atlanta bomber of 1996 arrested?
(a) 13 years later.
(b) Within 2 weeks.
(c) 7 years later.
(d) The culprit is still on the loose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
2. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
3. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
4. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
5. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)