|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(b) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(c) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(d) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
2. What does Gore believe he does well?
(a) Look mad.
(b) Head meetings.
(c) Security plans.
(d) Scare people into doing their jobs well.
3. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
(a) Iraq is working in cahoots with Kuwait.
(b) Iraq is desparate to take Kuwait.
(c) Iraq is willing to do whatever it takes to get Kuwait's oil fields.
(d) Iraq is just intimidating Kuwait.
4. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
(a) Secret Service.
(c) National Guard.
5. What problematic turn occurs in 1985 that alarms the U.S.?
(a) Russia is now invading Pakistan.
(b) Syria adds help to Iran.
(c) Israel and Iran are under terrorist attacks from one another.
(d) Russia is winning the war against Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
2. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
3. Of those listed, which is NOT an option as a retaliation effort against Iran for the Khobar attack?
4. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
5. When TWA 800 explodes, what is the atmosphere in the White House?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)