|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(b) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(c) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(d) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
2. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
(b) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
(c) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
(d) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
3. What does Clarke especially fight for to prevent terrorist attacks?
(a) Greater collaborative effort from all departments.
(b) Publicize all possible suspects on a nationwide emergency network.
(c) Make execution the only possible terrorist punishment.
(d) Make it illegal to fund terrorist groups.
4. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
(b) Iran attacks Israel.
(c) Russia invades Iran.
(d) Hussein attacks Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
2. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
3. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
4. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
5. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)