|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
(a) They believe he is too involved with conspiracy theories.
(b) They think he is nuts.
(c) They think he is creative, but disagree with the immediate need.
(d) They completely agree and back him.
2. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Iraq.
(b) Invasion of Pakistan.
(c) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(d) Invasion of Iran.
3. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
(a) From a surprise U.N. inspection.
(b) CIA intelligence shows an "agriculture" building as the research center.
(c) Iraq used them on Iran when U.S. was helping Iraq.
(d) Hussein threatens Clinton with it.
4. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
(a) Public Health agencies meeting ont he subject.
(b) The media's greater interest in his work.
(c) Shalala saying Health and Human Services is a key part in the fight against terrorism.
(d) 20/20 does a special on chemical and biological weapons.
5. What results in the Soviets' attempt to invade the central Asian region?
(a) They are able to keep presence until the fall of U.S.S.R.
(b) It creates unlikely alliances in the Middle East/central Asia/ Persian Gulf.
(c) They withdraw in 1988.
(d) They withdraw but impress communist influence in the region.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the Red Army gone, what mentality do some of the soldiers that fight against them have?
2. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
3. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
4. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
5. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)