|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
(a) It's the least likely time the U.S. media will notice.
(b) To minimize casualties.
(c) It'll be the most surprising time.
(d) He knows the Iraqis work weekend hours.
2. What weapons do the Aum utilize?
(a) Sarin nerve gas.
(c) Smallpox virus.
(d) Homemade bombs.
3. The increase in counter-terrorism budget helped do what?
(a) Strengthen the Secret Service staff.
(b) Allow better intelligence capabilities.
(c) Increase airport security.
(d) Strengthen the Air Marshalls Program.
4. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
(b) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(c) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
(d) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
5. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
(a) From a surprise U.N. inspection.
(b) Iraq used them on Iran when U.S. was helping Iraq.
(c) CIA intelligence shows an "agriculture" building as the research center.
(d) Hussein threatens Clinton with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
2. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
3. What is the general response as Clarke and his team make an effort for an air defense system in D.C.?
4. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
5. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)