|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Aideed to go underground?
(a) The U.S. snipers.
(b) AC-130 strikes.
(c) The people of Mogadishu rise up against him.
(d) Excessive U.S. Marine helicopter presence.
2. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Aids Iraq.
(b) Instills sanctions on both countries.
(c) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
(d) Aids Iran.
3. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
(a) The Shi'a takes over the government.
(b) Hussein begins to threaten Israel.
(c) Hussein begins an alliance with bin Laden.
(d) The Republican Guards kill all that revolted against Hussein.
4. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(b) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
(c) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
(d) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
5. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
(b) National Guard.
(c) Secret Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ramzi Yousef plan while on the lam for two years?
2. What is Clarke's goal in the Persian Gulf during Reagan's administration?
3. What assures Clarke of the "conceptual breakthrough" that terrorism is now a concern for many?
4. Who else wants to convict Omar Abdel Rahman for terrorism?
5. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)