|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets the Pentagon angry at the President's response to the Khobar attack?
(a) Clinton agrees to investigation of military laxness.
(b) Clinton allows Saudi Arabia to head the investigation.
(c) Clinton wants the FBI to hold investigation information from the Pentagon.
(d) Clinton does not want military retaliation.
2. Why doesn't the federal government want to take over airport security?
(a) Lobbyists from private airport security firms and airlines.
(b) They do not want to implement an entire new department.
(c) Budget costs.
(d) It takes away from private airline employment opportunities.
3. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
(b) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(c) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(d) Becoming too close to Israelis.
4. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Instills sanctions on both countries.
(b) Aids Iran.
(c) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
(d) Aids Iraq.
5. What does the U.S. prepare for because it is a likely agent for a mass civilian attack?
(a) Anthrax attacks.
(b) Sarin nerve gas attacks.
(c) Hanta virus attacks.
(d) Smallpox virus attacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
2. Clarke believes the "Caliphate" movement will result in what kind of society?
3. Who does Clarke trust to lead National Security Special Events?
4. What is the FBI' s role in the World Trade Center bombing?
5. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)