|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To put Russia off balance.
(b) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
(c) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(d) To protect Iraq.
2. How does the U.S. affect the Iran-Iraq war?
(a) Secretly gives arms to Iran.
(b) Helps stop the war with peace talks.
(c) The sanctions by the U.S. on both countries affects Iran more.
(d) Gives intelligence to Iraq.
3. Who does the Soviet Union offer to help, and in what way?
(a) Protect Iraq's oil shipments.
(b) Offer air force support to Iran.
(c) Enter the battle and invade Iran with Iraq.
(d) Give armaments to Iran.
4. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(b) Invasion of Pakistan.
(c) Invasion of Iran.
(d) Invasion of Iraq.
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(b) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(c) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
(d) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
2. What does Clinton make sure the U.N. does after Black Hawk Down?
3. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
4. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
5. Of the following, which is NOT a lesson learned in Charlie Allen's assembly of intelligence agencies?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)