|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
(a) Sends bombs to the wrong coordinates.
(b) Does not communicate on the right line and misses instructions.
(c) Heads in the wrong direction and meets the Iraqi oil tankers.
(d) Shoots down an Iranian passenger plane.
2. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
(b) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(c) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(d) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
3. What report does an Arab leader give the consul general?
(a) Hussein is setting up an assasination attempt on Clarke.
(b) bin Laden is asking for leads to a chemical weapons program.
(c) Usama bin Laden has a contract out to kill Clarke.
(d) Hussein is looking for chemical engineers for his weapons program.
4. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
(b) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
(c) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
(d) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
5. What key event does Russia provoke in 1979?
(a) Invasion of Afghanistan.
(b) Invasion of Iraq.
(c) Invasion of Pakistan.
(d) Invasion of Iran.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Berger do for Clarke as Clarke did for him?
2. In 1996, who does the U.S. fear will plan terrorist attacks on Americans?
3. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
4. What does Gore believe he does well?
5. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)