|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Critical Infrastructure Protection" refer to?
(a) Protecting computer systems and networks.
(b) Protecting all major road networks such as interstates and bridges.
(c) Protecting major landmarks and the roads leading to and from them.
(d) Protecting D.C. and the roads leading in and out of it.
2. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
(a) By downplaying its possibility in the near future.
(b) Through a series of briefings and speeches such as that on 60 minutes.
(c) By assuring the government has a handle on defenses.
(d) His ability to use laymen's words and not medical jargon.
3. How does Clarke learn of an assassination attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(b) An Arab-language London paper.
(d) Kuwait's ambassador.
4. According to Clarke, what is one of the mistakes of Reagan's administration?
(a) They backed the wrong country in the Iran-Iraq war.
(b) They failed to make a large enough military presence in the Persian Gulf.
(c) They never should have risked their alliance with Arabs by helping Israel.
(d) They leave too quickly from Pakistan and Afghanistan, leaving no influence.
5. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) They will oust Hussein on their own.
(b) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(c) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(d) The Shi'a will take over the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns does the FBI have with the new counter-terrorism policy?
2. What does Berger do for Clarke as Clarke did for him?
3. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
4. Which countries are involved with the bombings of Marine barracks in Lebanon?
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)