|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke begin making enemies with his own government?
(a) Getting too close to Reagan and funneling money into his department.
(b) Becoming too close to Israelis.
(c) Publicly scrutinizing the idea that they are involved with the Middle East.
(d) Admonishing the Reagan administration for their strategies.
2. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
(a) Saudia Arabia.
3. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(b) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
(c) They operate under emcon.
(d) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
4. How is the CIA sure that Iraq has a chemical weapons program?
(a) From a surprise U.N. inspection.
(b) CIA intelligence shows an "agriculture" building as the research center.
(c) Hussein threatens Clinton with it.
(d) Iraq used them on Iran when U.S. was helping Iraq.
5. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
(a) Scowcroft asks him about it.
(b) O'Neill calls him.
(d) Clarke was in the vicinity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Clarke's best show-and-tell for his "Theme Day?"
2. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
3. Why is the Iranian Revolution important to the U.S.?
4. As an Assistant Secretary of State, what information does Clarke learn about the Soviet Union's weapons programs?
5. The increase in counter-terrorism budget helped do what?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)