|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some people feel secure about future terrorist attacks?
(a) Nearly all the terrorists are caught or dead.
(b) The U.S. has the biggest, baddest army in the world.
(c) They feel the U.S. is too far away for a big attack to happen.
(d) The CIA and FBI are at their best at the moment.
2. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
(a) He gets Gore to speak directly with them.
(b) He promises bonuses when he gets information on al Qaeda.
(c) He threatens their bonuses, promotion and city assignments.
(d) He shows them evidence that cells exist in their cities.
3. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
4. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
(a) Usama bin Laden believes Turabi has lost sight of the Caliphate.
(b) The CIA and FBI has infiltrated Khartoum.
(c) Turabi becomes too controlling for bin Laden.
(d) Egypt's threat of military buildup.
5. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
(b) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
(c) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(d) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
2. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
4. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
5. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)