|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
(a) Times Square is a prime target for an al Qaeda attack.
(b) DOD will no longer be able to finance their attack operations for counter-terrorism.
(c) Jordan infiltrated an al Qaeda cell with numerous millenium attack plans.
(d) al Qaeda cells are now known to be in the U.S.
2. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
(d) United Arab Emirates.
3. Why does the CSG not take extra measures to snatch Khalid Sheik Muhammad?
(a) Division within CSG takes over the goal of the snatch.
(b) They do not realize he is the mastermind behind WTC until after 9/11.
(c) They believe Muhammad is a bumbling fool and thinks it will be easy.
(d) Qatar's government gives them no choice.
4. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(b) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(c) They will oust Hussein on their own.
(d) The Shi'a will take over the government.
5. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
(b) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(c) They are the next rising superpower.
(d) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
2. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
3. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
4. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
5. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)