|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
(a) Usama bin Laden believes Turabi has lost sight of the Caliphate.
(b) Turabi becomes too controlling for bin Laden.
(c) The CIA and FBI has infiltrated Khartoum.
(d) Egypt's threat of military buildup.
2. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(b) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
(c) They operate under emcon.
(d) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
3. What does Ressam's custody lead to?
(a) Attack plans on Times Square.
(b) An ex-cab driver in Boston.
(c) A sleeper cell in Montreal.
(d) Attack plans on a Radisson Hotel for Millenium New Year.
4. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
(a) Muslim minorities who want to gain independence.
(b) Countries where Muslim factions fight with one another.
(c) Christian nations.
(d) Small countries that are threatened by superpowers.
5. Why does the CIA have extra motivation to catch Kansi?
(a) They have been after Kansi for over a decade.
(b) Kansi killed their own men in front of their headquarters.
(c) Kansi escaped from them durign a previous snatch attempt.
(d) Kansi is the ringleader of over five terrorists attacks against the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
2. What does Clarke work on with Arms Control Director Ron Lehmen to verify "innocent' chemical plants?
3. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
4. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)