|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
(b) The southern tribes in Sudan.
(c) Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
(d) Qatar's Shi'a population.
2. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(b) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(c) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(d) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
3. What does the Millennium After Action review mostly focus on?
(a) New threats in the next millenium.
(b) There are al Qaeda sleeper cells in the U.S.
(c) A small break from terrorism now that the holidays are over.
(d) Their success in stopping attacks during New Year's Eve into 2000.
4. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
(b) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
(c) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(d) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
5. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
2. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
3. What does Ressam's custody lead to?
4. How does al Qaeda indirectly fund terrorism so they are not caught?
5. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)