|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
(a) Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi from Libya.
(b) Hasan al-Turabi from Sudan.
(c) President Mohammed Najibullah from Afghanistan.
(d) Bendjedid from Algeria.
2. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
(b) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
(c) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(d) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
3. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
(a) Violent protests such as the World Trade Organization meeting in Seattle.
(b) Domestic terrorists such as McVeigh.
(c) Underground mobs.
(d) Russian and Chinese espionage.
4. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
(a) U.S. will no longer have an alliance with Israel.
(b) U.S. will send forces whenever the Saudi King asks.
(c) U.S. will sell as many arms to Saudi Arabia as it needs.
(d) U.S. forces will leave as soon as the war is over.
5. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
(b) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
(c) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
(d) He prefers the CIA's plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
2. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
3. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
4. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
5. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)