|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(b) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(c) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(d) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
2. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(b) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
(c) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
(d) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
3. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
(b) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(c) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
(d) They operate under emcon.
4. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To ally with Israel.
(b) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
(c) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(d) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
5. Why do some people feel secure about future terrorist attacks?
(a) Nearly all the terrorists are caught or dead.
(b) They feel the U.S. is too far away for a big attack to happen.
(c) The U.S. has the biggest, baddest army in the world.
(d) The CIA and FBI are at their best at the moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
2. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
3. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
4. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
5. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)