|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
(a) He threatens their bonuses, promotion and city assignments.
(b) He gets Gore to speak directly with them.
(c) He shows them evidence that cells exist in their cities.
(d) He promises bonuses when he gets information on al Qaeda.
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
(b) They are the next rising superpower.
(c) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(d) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
3. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
(a) Left behind dissidents in Sudan.
(b) Allying with Russia.
(c) Predators, (unmanned aircrafts).
(d) American born Afghanistans that are loyal to the U.S.
4. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
(a) Publicly announce war on Egypt and the U.S. on BBC if they do not release him.
(b) Kill tourists and stuff them with leaflets calling for his release.
(c) Send suicide bombers outside Rahman's prison.
(d) Take hostages from the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.
5. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
(b) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(c) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
(d) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
2. Why does the CSG not take extra measures to snatch Khalid Sheik Muhammad?
3. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
4. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
5. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)