|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(b) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
(c) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
(d) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
2. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
(a) Russian and Chinese espionage.
(b) Underground mobs.
(c) Violent protests such as the World Trade Organization meeting in Seattle.
(d) Domestic terrorists such as McVeigh.
3. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
(a) He promises bonuses when he gets information on al Qaeda.
(b) He gets Gore to speak directly with them.
(c) He shows them evidence that cells exist in their cities.
(d) He threatens their bonuses, promotion and city assignments.
4. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
(a) al Qaeda cells are now known to be in the U.S.
(b) DOD will no longer be able to finance their attack operations for counter-terrorism.
(c) Times Square is a prime target for an al Qaeda attack.
(d) Jordan infiltrated an al Qaeda cell with numerous millenium attack plans.
5. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(b) Launch missiles on Israel.
(c) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(d) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
2. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
3. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
4. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
5. Of the listed nations, which does NOT have close relations and influence with the Taliban?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)