|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does al Qaeda indirectly fund terrorism so they are not caught?
(a) They do not use a central banking system.
(b) They use conterfeit money.
(c) They keep all their money in the Caribbean or Switzerland.
(d) Through fabricated charities, museums, mosques, and cultural centers all over the world.
2. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
(a) Taliban should be aware of Northern Alliance's new ally.
(b) Any country known to fund terrorists will have sanctions placed.
(c) Clarke has a contract out for bin Laden's death.
(d) Next al Qaeda attack will hold Taliban responsible.
3. What does the Millennium After Action review mostly focus on?
(a) A small break from terrorism now that the holidays are over.
(b) There are al Qaeda sleeper cells in the U.S.
(c) New threats in the next millenium.
(d) Their success in stopping attacks during New Year's Eve into 2000.
4. What does Clarke suggest will help weaken the Taliban?
(a) Using the Taliban's own bombing tactics on their known facilities.
(b) Improve U.S. relations with developing countries.
(c) Helping the Northern Alliance.
(d) Strengthen U.S. friendship with Pakistan.
5. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(b) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
(c) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(d) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
2. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
3. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
4. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
5. What occurs after the U.S. leaves Iraq and Kuwait?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)