|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influences the U.S to stop their attack on Iraq?
(a) Hussein surrenders under certain terms.
(b) The U.S. news begins negative coverage of the war.
(c) The Saudi King asks them to stop.
(d) Terrorism begins in the homeland.
2. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
(a) Distract the Republican Guards as others raid a nearby building.
(b) Lead a surprise raid to obtain proof of a nuclear program.
(c) He must convince Hussein to let the U.N. in for inspections.
(d) Negotiate with terrorists to bring an American hostage home.
3. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
(a) The U.S. spreads their troops further and into southwest Asia.
(b) The U.S. leaves Saudi Arabia quicker than planned.
(c) The U.N. occupies Kuwait.
(d) The U.S. stays stationed in the Middle East.
4. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
(b) Launch missiles on Israel.
(c) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(d) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
5. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
(a) Pavitt's belief that al Qaeda is not important.
(b) Attorney General Guidelines.
(d) Lack of internet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some people feel secure about future terrorist attacks?
2. Near the end of Clinton's administration, what is one of his main focuses?
3. What characteristic does Usama bin Laden look for in jihad availability?
4. What motivates bin Laden to leave Sudan?
5. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)