|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(b) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
(c) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
(d) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
2. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(b) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
(c) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
(d) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
3. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
(b) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
(c) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(d) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
4. What is the proper term for "snatches?"
(a) Seize and capture.
(b) Specialized arrest.
(c) Reserved acquisition.
(d) Extraordinary renditions.
5. What does the Millennium After Action review mostly focus on?
(a) A small break from terrorism now that the holidays are over.
(b) New threats in the next millenium.
(c) Their success in stopping attacks during New Year's Eve into 2000.
(d) There are al Qaeda sleeper cells in the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does al Qaeda indirectly fund terrorism so they are not caught?
2. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
3. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
4. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
5. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)