|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
(a) He finances their war.
(b) He plans terrorist attacks on President Izetbegovic.
(c) He sends men, arms, and money to fight against the Serbs.
(d) He allies with them against Russia.
2. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) They operate under emcon.
(b) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(c) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
(d) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
3. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) The Shi'a will take over the government.
(b) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(c) They will oust Hussein on their own.
(d) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
4. Why does the CSG not take extra measures to snatch Khalid Sheik Muhammad?
(a) They do not realize he is the mastermind behind WTC until after 9/11.
(b) They believe Muhammad is a bumbling fool and thinks it will be easy.
(c) Qatar's government gives them no choice.
(d) Division within CSG takes over the goal of the snatch.
5. How does Watson get FBI supervisors to participate in looking for al Qaeda cells?
(a) He threatens their bonuses, promotion and city assignments.
(b) He promises bonuses when he gets information on al Qaeda.
(c) He gets Gore to speak directly with them.
(d) He shows them evidence that cells exist in their cities.
Short Answer Questions
1. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
3. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
4. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
5. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)