|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
(b) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
(c) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
(d) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
2. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
(a) Taliban should be aware of Northern Alliance's new ally.
(b) Clarke has a contract out for bin Laden's death.
(c) Next al Qaeda attack will hold Taliban responsible.
(d) Any country known to fund terrorists will have sanctions placed.
3. More than al Qaeda, what other acts of terrorism are on the FBI's minds?
(a) Russian and Chinese espionage.
(b) Underground mobs.
(c) Violent protests such as the World Trade Organization meeting in Seattle.
(d) Domestic terrorists such as McVeigh.
4. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
(a) Tony Lake.
(b) Clarke and Tenet.
(c) Janet Reno.
(d) Clinton and Gore.
5. What approval does Clarke ask for from Madeleine Albright?
(a) To bomb Afgahnistan.
(b) More manpower to find terrorists' funding.
(c) Run an interagency process to protect U.S. embassies.
(d) Approval to publicly threaten Taliban and bin Laden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the end of Clinton's administration, what is one of his main focuses?
2. What does Clarke work on with Arms Control Director Ron Lehmen to verify "innocent' chemical plants?
3. What does Cheney promise the Saudi King as a liaison of President George H.W. Bush?
4. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
5. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)