|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does al Qaeda ally with to create a stronger army?
(b) The southern tribes in Sudan.
(c) Egyptian Islamic Jihad.
(d) Qatar's Shi'a population.
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(b) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
(c) They are the next rising superpower.
(d) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
3. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
(b) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
(c) He prefers the CIA's plans.
(d) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
4. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
(a) Iraq is desparate to take Kuwait.
(b) Iraq is just intimidating Kuwait.
(c) Iraq is willing to do whatever it takes to get Kuwait's oil fields.
(d) Iraq is working in cahoots with Kuwait.
5. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
(a) Jordan infiltrated an al Qaeda cell with numerous millenium attack plans.
(b) DOD will no longer be able to finance their attack operations for counter-terrorism.
(c) al Qaeda cells are now known to be in the U.S.
(d) Times Square is a prime target for an al Qaeda attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
2. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
3. What prohibits the FBI from being able to do much research into al Qaeda cells?
4. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
5. How does bin Laden's network help Bosnia?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)