|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key point is indicated in the Dayton Accord?
(a) The Russians are not allowed to enter Bosnian territory in the future.
(b) The Serbian army must leave and evacuate Bosnia within a month.
(c) The U.S. and U.K. will no longer finanically help Bosnia if they remain in war.
(d) The muj must leave Bosnia after the war.
2. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
(a) It helps protect the U.S.'s image in the Muslim world.
(b) Otherwise, they will ally with Iraq against the U.S.
(c) It helps keep Israel's good relationship.
(d) They are the next rising superpower.
3. Which country asks for the U.S.'s help against Saddam a week prior to Clarke's arrival to ask to use their bases?
(a) United Arab Emirates.
4. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
(a) Some are alarmed, but most do not see the urgency.
(b) Senior officials feel prepared and are not worried.
(c) Most go to work waiting for something big to happen.
(d) The Pentagon seems worried, but the White House does not see the urgency.
5. What must Cheney and his team convince the Saudi King?
(a) To attack Iraq before Iraq attacks Kuwait.
(b) To lead the alliance that protects Kuwait.
(c) To ally with Israel.
(d) To allow U.S. troops into his country's bases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
2. What does bin Laden and Zawahiri do to gain Rahman's release?
3. Who invites Usama bin Laden into their country?
4. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
5. To get fresh eyes looking for bin Laden, what does the CSG turn to?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)