|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who vetoes the snatch against Usama bin Laden in 96-97?
(a) Janet Reno.
(b) Tony Lake.
(c) Clinton and Gore.
(d) Clarke and Tenet.
2. What does Prince Turki ask of Usama bin Laden when he returns to Saudi Arabia from Afghanistan in 1989?
(a) To keep his men intact in case they are needed in the future.
(b) To form a fundamentalist religion-based resistance against Yemen.
(c) To form an elite special forces for the Saudi Arabian army.
(d) To rally the residents of Saudi Arabia against the King.
3. Why does Tony Lake deny the Pentagon's plans in fighting al Qaeda?
(a) It is too upfront and not stealthy enough.
(b) He prefers the CIA's plans.
(c) Lake is not willing to use action just yet.
(d) The Pentagon is not willing to put enough men for a successful mission.
4. By what year do the U.S. Departments all agree that bin Laden is the mastermind in global terrorism?
5. What is the government's response to the rise in terrorism during Clinton's administration?
(a) Most go to work waiting for something big to happen.
(b) The Pentagon seems worried, but the White House does not see the urgency.
(c) Senior officials feel prepared and are not worried.
(d) Some are alarmed, but most do not see the urgency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cofer Black inform Clarke in early December 1999?
2. Why do some people feel secure about future terrorist attacks?
3. What does Clarke threaten in a media interview?
4. What does the CIA find at the Shifa plant?
5. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)