* Richard Clarke is in the Ronald Reagan Building when Lisa calls him about the World Trade Center. He heads to the White House immediately.
* At the White House, Clarke meets with Vice President Cheney and National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice. They agree to not assume the attack is over and to evacuate the White House.
* Richard Clarke coordinates a Counter-terrorism Security Group (CSG) meeting over a secure teleconference.
* Rice returns to Cheney in the Presidential Emergency Operations Center.
* CSG discusses President Bush's whereabouts and that he should head to Barksdale than a secure Air Force Base in Kansas.
* The Pentagon is hit and evacuated. Rumsfeld stays and sends his deputy to the alternate government site.
* Watson from the FBI tells Clarke on a secure line that there are al Qaeda passengers on board the hijacked flights.
* United Flight 93 crashed in Pennsylvania.
* Decisions are made to ground all...
This section contains 1,936 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)