Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
2. It is almost time for Annie's mother to return home. What season of the year is ending?
3. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
4. Annie is allowed to visit St. John's again, but now Andrew is busy. What is Andrew doing at the hospital that keeps him busy?
5. About a week after Andrew's surgery, to whom does Andrew introduce Annie?
Essay Topic 1
Annie's parents don't always agree. Write how they work out their differences. List specific examples of times when they disagree and how they come to an agreement.
Essay Topic 2
A war memorial is being built to honor the soldiers who gave their lives in the war. There is no memorial being planned for those who have been wounded. Why do you think only the soldiers who died are being honored? Do you think the wounded men would appreciate being included on the memorial? Why or why not? Present reasons why the wounded men also should be honored for their sacrifices.
Essay Topic 3
Annie has changed since her father left home and she will continue to change and grow up during the course of the novel. Describe the changes in Annie. Provide examples of how she changes, especially in the way she thinks about life and how she relates to her parents.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)