|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About a week after Andrew's surgery, to whom does Andrew introduce Annie?
(a) A soldier from Andrew's unit.
(b) The doctor who performed Andrew's surgery.
(c) Andrew's father.
(d) A soldier who served with Uncle Paul.
2. Why is Andrew having surgery?
(a) Repair his damaged mouth.
(b) Remove the damaged skin from his torso.
(c) Repair his jaw.
(d) Repair his nose.
3. How will Annie find out if the surgery is a success?
(a) She will find out when she visits again.
(b) One of the nuns will call her after the surgery.
(c) Her father will call her from the hospital.
(d) Timothy will call her after the surgery.
4. How did Uncle Paul die?
(a) A gun discharged in his tent and wounded him fatally.
(c) He was packing hand grenades and one exploded.
5. Why doesn't Annie's mother wish to discuss the war or its aftermath?
(a) Talking about the war reminds her of Uncle Paul's death.
(b) She is a pacifist and is against war.
(c) She doesn't like to think about the injured, dying, or dead soldiers.
(d) She thinks America should not have been involved in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Andrew injured?
2. How does Annie feel about staying home and not going on a trip with Mother and her grandparents?
3. How did Annie's friendship help Andrew?
4. Why does Mrs. Crayton visit Annie after school starts?
5. Why is Annie happy when she goes home the evening that she and Father go to St. John's?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)