|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Crayton visits Annie after school begins. What does she give Annie?
(a) A novel Annie has been wanting to read.
(c) A book of maps.
(d) A pre-war photograph of Andrew.
2. What do Annie and her mother do when they get home after Annie's second visit to St. John's?
(a) They talk to Annie's grandmother.
(b) Read together.
(c) Annie's mother plays the piano and Annie sings.
(d) Eat supper silently.
3. Who tells Annie how Uncle Paul died?
(a) Her father.
(d) A lieutenant who served under Uncle Paul.
4. What did a soldier tell Annie's family when he informed them that Uncle Paul had died?
(a) Uncle Paul was a deserter.
(b) Uncle Paul was wounded by friendly fire.
(c) Uncle Paul was captured by the Germans and killed.
(d) Uncle Paul was a hero and an example for his men.
5. What does Andrew tell Annie after talking to a soldier who served with Uncle Paul?
(a) No one can remember when Uncle Paul's unit was in action.
(b) Uncle Paul's unit was not in action the entire month of June.
(c) Uncle Paul's unit was in action on June 6.
(d) Uncle Paul's unit was not in action until June 14, eight days after Uncle Paul died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie's father learn how Uncle Paul died?
2. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, who do Annie and Andrew talk about?
3. As the days pass since her grandparents and mother left, what does Annie begin to dread?
4. How was Andrew injured?
5. Annie is back in school now. Where is Andrew going soon?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)