|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, over the course of the summer, has Andrew's condition improved?
(a) His friendship with Annie.
(b) The doctors are finding better ways to treat his condition.
(c) The camaraderie of his fellow soldiers is helping him to have a more positive attitude.
(d) His father visits daily.
2. Why does Annie's mother finally allow Annie to continue visiting St. John's even though Annie lied when her mother was gone on her trip?
(a) Andrew calls Annie's mother and asks if she can visit again.
(b) Annie's father convinces her of the importance of Annie's visits to the soldiers.
(c) Annie's grandfather asks her to reconsider.
(d) Ruth convinces Annie's mother to allow Annie to visit.
3. What does Annie do with her newfound freedom while her mother and her grandparents are gone on their trip?
(a) She invites friends over to her house.
(b) She does chores and visits St. John's.
(c) She goes to the library.
(d) She goes back to Bible School.
4. The day after receiving Grandfather's letter, who does Annie meet at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Crayton, Andrew's mother.
(b) Mr. Lewis, Timothy's father.
(c) Andrew's siblings.
(d) Mrs. Lewis, Timothy's mother.
5. What will be done for Timothy's condition soon?
(a) He will have an operation.
(b) He will learn Braille.
(c) His bandages will be removed.
(d) The doctors will use a new salve on his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the date of Uncle Paul's death in question?
2. Why didn't Uncle Paul die in battle on June 6?
3. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does she wonder about her mother's views?
4. What had Andrew considered doing shortly after he was injured?
5. What is the setting in Chapters 13 and 14?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)