|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Andrew about the special celebration to be held on Armistice Day?
(a) That veterans from St. John's are not asked to participate.
(b) That Timothy will not be there to celebrate with them.
(c) That he has to participate in the celebration.
(d) That it is his last day in Kansas City.
2. Why does Ruth come over to Annie's house the evening after Annie visits St. John's for a second time?
(a) To give Annie another book.
(b) To stay with Annie and her grandmother.
(c) To talk with Annie's mother.
(d) To take Annie to see her father.
3. Annie is allowed to visit St. John's again, but now Andrew is busy. What is Andrew doing at the hospital that keeps him busy?
(a) Yard work.
(b) Custodial work.
(c) Doing physical therapy with some of the patients.
(d) Playing baseball.
4. Why is Annie happy when she goes home the evening that she and Father go to St. John's?
(a) Everyone at St. John's enjoys her cookies.
(b) Her father asked her to assist him.
(c) The nuns are very pleased with her work.
(d) Andrew kisses the top of her head.
5. After Annie learns how Uncle Paul died, why does she feel guilty?
(a) She has been too busy to get together with friends.
(b) The pain she caused investigating Uncle Paul's death.
(c) She does not have as much time to visit Andrew as she would like.
(d) She visited St. John's all summer without her mother's permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reunites Annie and her mother after their argument when Annie's mother returned from her trip?
2. What had Andrew considered doing shortly after he was injured?
3. As Armistice Day approaches, what bothers Annie about the war memorial?
4. Why didn't Andrew enjoy going to school when he was a boy?
5. Where is Andrew's home?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)