|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On her third visit to St. John's, why does Annie try to apologize to Andrew?
(a) Because her mother was so rude.
(b) Because she didn't bring anything to read to him.
(c) Because she forgot to bring cookies.
(d) Because she ran away the first day she met him.
2. It is almost time for Annie's mother to return home. What season of the year is ending?
3. On Annie's third visit to St. John's, how does Andrew respond when Annie attempts to apologize?
(a) He struggles to hold back tears.
(b) He tells her not to worry about what happened.
(c) He dismisses her apology.
(d) He gets angry.
4. Annie is allowed to visit St. John's again, but now Andrew is busy. What is Andrew doing at the hospital that keeps him busy?
(a) Custodial work.
(b) Playing baseball.
(c) Yard work.
(d) Doing physical therapy with some of the patients.
5. About a week after Andrew's surgery, to whom does Andrew introduce Annie?
(a) The doctor who performed Andrew's surgery.
(b) A soldier from Andrew's unit.
(c) Andrew's father.
(d) A soldier who served with Uncle Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Annie learns how Uncle Paul died, why does she feel guilty?
2. What bothers Andrew about the special celebration to be held on Armistice Day?
3. The day after Annie visits St. John's for a second time, Annie's mother decides to take a trip. Where is she going?
4. What will be done for Timothy's condition soon?
5. Where did Uncle Paul die, according to Lieutenant McFarland?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)