|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie usually enjoy on the Fourth of July?
(a) Spending time with her cousins.
(b) Picnics with Grandmother's delicious food, the parade, and most of all the fireworks.
(c) Spending the day with friends.
(d) The cotton candy and the special circus performance.
2. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A musical.
(b) A movie.
(c) The opera.
(d) A Shakespearean play.
3. In the evening after Annie's Sunday School outing, why do she and Father go over to Grandfather's house?
(a) Inspect Uncle Paul's motorcyle.
(b) Buy some food.
(c) Listen to a sermon.
(d) Visit soldiers.
4. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
(a) The American army.
(b) Both armies.
(c) The German army.
(d) The French army.
5. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
(a) Music, opera, and social issues.
(b) The nuns who run St. John's and the wounded soldiers.
(c) His experiences during the war.
(d) Uncle Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Annie's mother's name?
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
3. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
4. The evening after the Sunday School outing, why does Grandfather ask Annie if she is scared?
5. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Annie's grandparents react when they learned that Uncle Paul had died?
2. When Annie and her parents got home, why did Annie not run and hug her father like her cousins did?
3. What did Dr. Metcalf tell Annie before he left home nearly two years ago?
4. Describe Annie's thoughts when the boy delivered the telegram telling them that Uncle Paul had died.
5. Describe the soldier Annie meets at the hospital during her first visit to St. John's.
6. What are Annie's activities when summer comes?
7. Why is Annie so disturbed when Father and Grandfather look at Uncle Paul's motorcycle?
8. Describe Dr. Metcalf's appearance the day after he returns home.
9. Why do you think Andrew wants to see pictures of France?
10. In Chapter 3, why is Annie almost glad that her father is up and gone when she gets up in the morning?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)