|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next morning after father's return, what does Annie wish to discuss with her mother?
(a) What happened to Uncle Paul.
(b) If she can go to her grandparents' house.
(c) The wounded men at the train station.
(d) If she can wear her new dress.
2. The first time Annie visits the hospital, who gives her a tour?
(a) One of the nuns.
(b) No one.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her father.
3. When Annie visits St. John's again, what does she bring to share?
(a) A photograph of Uncle Paul.
(b) Oatmeal cookies and her books of maps.
(c) A photograph of her family.
(d) Books about Europe.
4. Who is Ruth?
(a) Annie's mother's friend and a muscian.
(b) The mother of one of Annie's school friends.
(c) A friend of Annie's grandmother.
(d) Annie's mother's friend and a librarian.
5. On the way home from the train station, what day does Annie remember?
(a) The day her grandfather died.
(b) The day her father left.
(c) The day the family learned that Uncle Paul had died.
(d) The day she and her mother went shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Annie and her Sunday School class see on their outing?
2. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
3. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
4. Why is Annie's mother concerned about Annie's decision to do something different this summer?
5. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Andrew injured?
2. Describe the two groups of soldiers that get off the train when Dr. Metcalf arrives.
3. Why is Annie so bothered by the wounded soldiers she saw at the train station?
4. Why do you think Annie decides to go back to St. John's?
5. Why does Andrew tell Annie that her Uncle was not killed at Belleau Wood?
6. Why was it so important to Annie that Uncle Paul had listened to her?
7. In Chapter 18, why does Annie feel like she might lose control?
8. How do Annie and Emily put their differences behind them after Grandfather's heart attack?
9. What does Annie realize about her mother and the war?
10. When Annie and her parents got home, why did Annie not run and hug her father like her cousins did?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)