|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Annie and her Sunday School class see on their outing?
(a) Annie's pets.
(b) Clowns juggling.
(c) Wounded soldiers.
(d) Broken Blossom, a movie starring Lillian Gish.
2. How does Mrs. Metcalf spend most of her days?
(a) Writing and playing piano music.
(b) Visiting wounded soldiers.
(c) Designing and sewing clothing.
(d) Writing novels.
3. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
(a) Leatherstocking Tales.
(b) The Last of the Mohicans.
4. Who is the main character?
(a) Angela Martin.
(b) Alexandra Mooney.
(c) Annie Metcalf.
(d) Abigail McBride.
5. What is the name of the performance that Uncle Paul and Annie view together?
(a) The Merry Wives of Windsor.
(b) Madame Butterfly.
(c) La Boheme.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The newspaper is on the steps when Annie returns home from the Sunday School outing. What is the front page headline?
2. What does Annie's father talk about in the evenings after work?
3. When does Chapter 3 take place?
4. What is the name of Annie's dog?
5. Who has dinner almost ready when the Metcalfs arrive home from the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Annie decides to go back to St. John's?
2. Describe Annie's feelings as she goes to meet her father at the train station.
3. Why do you think Andrew wants to see pictures of France?
4. Who is Timothy Lewis?
5. Describe Mrs. Metcalf's friends.
6. Describe the soldier Annie meets at the hospital during her first visit to St. John's.
7. Why, if the war ended last year, does the newspaper run an article about a peace treaty?
8. What are Annie's activities when summer comes?
9. What did Dr. Metcalf tell Annie before he left home nearly two years ago?
10. Why does Annie wish to visit St. John's?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)