|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Annie nervous about seeing her father again?
(a) She is afraid that he doesn't love her mother anymore.
(b) She is afraid he won't recognize her.
(c) She is afraid that he will be changed by the war.
(d) She is afraid that she will be in trouble for things she did while he was gone.
2. Where does the Sunday School class go next?
(a) Blair's Ice Cream and Candy Parlor.
(b) To Miss Peterson's house.
(c) Back to the church.
(d) To a restaurant.
3. How will Annie spend her time this summer?
(a) At Miss Peterson's house.
(b) Some place other than Bible School.
(c) Bible School.
(d) Visting the hospital with Miss Peterson.
4. During Annie's second visit to St. John's, who do Annie and her grandfather meet?
(a) One of the nuns.
(b) Andrew Clayton, the man with the severe burns.
(c) A priest at the hospital.
(d) Timothy Lewis, the man who is blind.
5. Why doesn't Annie enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July?
(a) She doesn't have a good view of the fireworks.
(b) She dreads the visit she will make with her grandfather to St. John's.
(c) The fireworks are not as spectacular as usual.
(d) She doesn't like the noise the fireworks make.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Annie's second visit to St. John's, who comes to take her home?
2. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, what does Annie discuss with one of the patients?
3. As Annie gets ready to leave St. John's after her second visit, what behavior bothers her and her grandfather?
4. What book is Grandfather reading to the soldiers?
5. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Andrew wants to see pictures of France?
2. What is Bible School?
3. What are Annie's activities when summer comes?
4. Why is Annie so bothered by the wounded soldiers she saw at the train station?
5. Why do you think Annie decides to go back to St. John's?
6. Why, if the war ended last year, does the newspaper run an article about a peace treaty?
7. Describe Annie's feelings as she goes to meet her father at the train station.
8. Describe Dr. Metcalf's appearance the day after he returns home.
9. How did Annie and her mother get along while Dr. Metcalf was gone?
10. How does Annie feel about her visit to St. John's?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)