|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Annie enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July?
(a) She doesn't have a good view of the fireworks.
(b) The fireworks are not as spectacular as usual.
(c) She dreads the visit she will make with her grandfather to St. John's.
(d) She doesn't like the noise the fireworks make.
2. When Miss Peterson makes insensitive comments during the Sunday School class outing, who does Annie defend?
(a) The employees where they are eating.
(b) Her Sunday School class.
(c) The injured men and her father.
(d) The kids who spilled food on the floor.
3. Where does Uncle Paul invite Annie to go with him on one night in June?
(a) A Shakespearean play.
(b) A movie.
(c) The opera.
(d) A musical.
4. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Reading at the library.
(b) Baking cookies with her mother.
(c) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(d) Walking around her neighborhood.
5. When Annie returns from the Sunday School outing, what does she tell her parents?
(a) That she wants a friend to come over.
(b) That she wants to visit the hospital again.
(c) That she doesn't want to attend Sunday School this summer.
(d) That she wants to cook the family's meals this summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, on her first visit to St. John's, does Annie run away when she meets a patient?
2. As Annie gets ready to leave St. John's after her second visit, what behavior bothers her and her grandfather?
3. On Annie's second visit to St. John's, why does Annie go find her father?
4. While Annie waits for her father at the train station, what images does Annie keep seeing even though she closes her eyes?
5. Grandfather and Dr. Metcalf are out walking the morning after Dr. Metcalf's return. Why does Grandfather tell Dr. Metcalf he is a brave man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Annie and her mother get along while Dr. Metcalf was gone?
2. Why does Annie become angry with Miss Peterson and Emily?
3. How were many soldiers burned?
4. Describe Ruth Sylvester.
5. Describe Annie's feelings as she goes to meet her father at the train station.
6. When Annie and her parents got home, why did Annie not run and hug her father like her cousins did?
7. Describe Dr. Metcalf's appearance the day after he returns home.
8. Why did Uncle Paul visit Annie's mother frequently?
9. What keeps Mrs. Metcalf so busy that Annie has learned to play alone or to spend time at her grandparents' home?
10. What is Bible School?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)