|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annie's mother react to what she sees at the train station?
(a) She is disturbed to see all the wounded soldiers.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She starts an argument.
(d) She decides to help the wounded soldiers.
2. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
(a) Both armies.
(b) The German army.
(c) The French army.
(d) The American army.
3. As Annie gets ready to leave St. John's after her second visit, what behavior bothers her and her grandfather?
(a) That Annie has to leave so soon.
(b) Andrew's terrible burns.
(c) How rudely Annie's mother acts.
(d) The weather.
4. How many siblings does Annie have?
(a) One brother.
(b) None, she is an only child.
(c) One sister.
(d) Two brothers and one sister.
5. The first evening Annie spends alone with her uncle, he tells her that she is "a person of taste." Why does he say that?
(a) Annie bakes good cookies.
(b) Annie appreciates his motorcycle.
(c) Annie likes the songs he sings.
(d) Annie appreciates his music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annie celebrate the Fourth of July this summer?
2. What is the Mayor's announcement on the Fourth of July?
3. How do Annie and her grandfather get to St. John's when Annie returns for a second visit?
4. What do Mrs. Metcalf and her second group of friends like to do?
5. What does Annie's father want to discuss after dinner the day Annie visits St. John's for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Annie and her mother get along while Dr. Metcalf was gone?
2. How do Annie, her family, and Ruth feel about the new war monument?
3. Why is Annie so disturbed when Father and Grandfather look at Uncle Paul's motorcycle?
4. In Chapter 10, why is Annie angry with her mother?
5. In Chapter 3, why is Annie almost glad that her father is up and gone when she gets up in the morning?
6. Why, if the war ended last year, does the newspaper run an article about a peace treaty?
7. Why is Annie so bothered by the wounded soldiers she saw at the train station?
8. How did Annie's grandparents react when they learned that Uncle Paul had died?
9. Describe the two groups of soldiers that get off the train when Dr. Metcalf arrives.
10. What is Bible School?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)