|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annie returns from the Sunday School outing, what does she tell her parents?
(a) That she doesn't want to attend Sunday School this summer.
(b) That she wants to visit the hospital again.
(c) That she wants a friend to come over.
(d) That she wants to cook the family's meals this summer.
2. When Annie's grandfather visits St. John's, what does he do?
(a) Changes bandages.
3. What did Annie's grandmother do when she heard that her son had died?
(a) Played sad songs on the piano.
(b) Went to talk with a friend.
(c) Stayed in her room grieving for several days.
(d) Scrubbed the kitchen floor.
4. During the Sunday School outing, what does Miss Peterson tell Annie?
(a) Annie's father should have his own practice.
(b) Annie's father should be working at the county hospital.
(c) That she is glad that Annie's father is working at St. John's.
(d) Annie's father should not be associating with Catholics.
5. What was Annie doing when she learned that her uncle died?
(a) Making raspberry jam with her grandmother.
(b) Reading at the library.
(c) Walking around her neighborhood.
(d) Baking cookies with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When her father was gone, what time of day did Annie most miss her father?
2. Which army used the agent that injured the soldiers?
3. What does Annie do when her mother is working or playing the piano?
4. Where does Annie live?
5. How does Annie's mother feel about Grandfather's volunteer work at St. John's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bible School?
2. When Annie and her parents got home, why did Annie not run and hug her father like her cousins did?
3. Why does Annie wish to visit St. John's?
4. Why does Annie have to help her Grandfather get off the trolley when she visits St. John's for a second time?
5. How do Annie and Emily put their differences behind them after Grandfather's heart attack?
6. Why does Annie think she knows how much her mother missed Dr. Metcalf?
7. In Chapter 18, why does Annie feel like she might lose control?
8. How do Annie, her family, and Ruth feel about the new war monument?
9. Describe the soldier Annie meets at the hospital during her first visit to St. John's.
10. Grandfather has had a heart attack. How is Grandfather doing and what is the plan to help him get well?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)