|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Mice and the House-ferrets" who is at war?
2. In "The Travelers and the Ax" what do the two travelers find?
3. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" what is the wolf proud of?
4. In "The Wild Boar and the Fox what is the wild boar doing?
5. Who wakes up the traveler in "The Traveler and Chance"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the various elements of the fables teach us the morals and codes of conduct?
Essay Topic 2
What can be said of the animal kingdom in Aesop's fables? Are they quick-witted, foolish, cunning, etc? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
What is the narrative technique of Aesop's fables?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)