|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wild Boar and the Fox what is the wild boar doing?
2. In "The Wolf and the Ass" who reveals the wolf's truth?
3. In "The Lion Who was Afraid of a Mouse, and the Fox" which animal runs over the sleeping lion?
4. In "The Boastful Swallow and the Crow" whom does the swallow boast of being?
5. In "The Ass and the Frogs" what is the ass carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
2. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" how does the wolf try to trick the lamb?
3. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
4. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
5. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
6. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
7. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
8. In "The Lion and the Bull" what does the bull realize about the dinner at the lion's?
9. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
10. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an allegory? How has the author employed allegory in the fables collection?
Essay Topic 2
How did the morals of Aesop affect the political, social, and family life in Ancient Greece during the 400s and 300s B.C.? Can you find examples from this time period?
Essay Topic 3
Through Aesop's fables can it be said that Man and animal can co-exist peacefully? Yes or no? Give examples.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)