|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
2. In "The Young Men and the Butcher" what do the two men do?
3. In "The Child Thief and His Mother" why does the man go to jail?
4. In "The Swallow and the Serpent" who eats the swallow's eggs?
5. In "The Mole and His Mother" what does the mole tell his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
2. What happens in "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
3. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
4. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
5. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
6. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
7. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" why is the wolf killed?
8. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
9. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" what is the beauty of the amaranth?
10. In "The Wolf and the Shepherd" what mistake does the shepherd commit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What can be said of the animal kingdom in Aesop's fables? Are they quick-witted, foolish, cunning, etc? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Aesop's fables are as relevant today as they were centuries ago. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the narrative technique of Aesop's fables?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)