|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Ass, the Cock and the Lion" which animal does the lion eat?
2. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" what does the shepherd decide to go in to?
3. Who is Polemos?
4. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
5. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" whom is the wolf accusing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Traveler and Truth" why does Truth leave the city?
2. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
3. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
4. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
5. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
6. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
7. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
8. In "The Wolf and the Shepherd" what mistake does the shepherd commit?
9. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
10. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the writing style of Aesop? Are there any use of puns, alliterations, or other literary devices?
Essay Topic 2
What is the narrative technique of Aesop's fables?
Essay Topic 3
How do the various elements of the fables teach us the morals and codes of conduct?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)