|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the ass screaming in "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf?
2. Which two Gods marry in "Polemos and Hybris"?
3. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
4. Who wakes up the traveler in "The Traveler and Chance"?
5. In "The Traveler and Hermes" whom does the traveler meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
2. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
3. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
4. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
5. In "The Ass Carrying Salt" how does the ass's burden get heavier?
6. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
7. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
8. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
9. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
10. What happens in "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the connection between man and nature in Aesop's Fables. How do the fables show that man and nature are interdependent on each other?
Essay Topic 2
What are the modes of conduct that are expected from Man as seen in the Fables?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think animals play an important role in Aesop's fables in terms of themes, writing styles, settings, etc.?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)