|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Traveler and Truth" who is Truth?
2. In "The Cicada and the Fox" whom does the fox hear singing?
3. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" who destroys the shepherd's sheep?
4. In "The Sow and the Dog Insulting One Another" whom does the sow want to tear to pieces?
5. In "The Ass and the Cicadas" whom is the ass jealous of?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
2. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
3. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
4. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
5. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
6. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why is he peacock not fit to be king?
7. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
8. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
9. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
10. In "The Traveler and Truth" why does Truth leave the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the morals of Aesop affect the political, social, and family life in Ancient Greece during the 400s and 300s B.C.? Can you find examples from this time period?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the connection between man and nature in Aesop's Fables. How do the fables show that man and nature are interdependent on each other?
Essay Topic 3
What is the narrative technique of Aesop's fables?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)