|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
2. In "The Wasp and the Snake" whom does the wasp sting?
3. In "The Ass Clothed in the Skin of a Lion, and the Fox" why does the ass cloth himself in the skin of a lion?
4. In "The Mouse and the Frog" which animals ties his foot to that of a mouse's?
5. In "The Two Carrying-pouches" who creates man?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
2. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
3. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
4. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
5. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
6. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
7. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
8. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why is he peacock not fit to be king?
9. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
10. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" what is the mistake committed by the shepherd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the preponderant theme in all the fables?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the connection between man and nature in Aesop's Fables. How do the fables show that man and nature are interdependent on each other?
Essay Topic 3
What is the writing style of Aesop? Are there any use of puns, alliterations, or other literary devices?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)