|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Begging Priests of Cybele" which animal's skin is used to make drums?
2. In "The Wolf and the Heron" who helps the wolf get a bone out of his throat?
3. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" whom is the wolf accusing?
4. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" what does the shepherd decide to go in to?
5. Why are the asses appealing to Zeus in "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
2. In "The Ass and the Lap-dog" why does the ass get tied in the manger?
3. In "The Lion and the Bull" what does the bull realize about the dinner at the lion's?
4. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
5. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
6. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
7. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
8. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
9. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
10. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think animals play an important role in Aesop's fables in terms of themes, writing styles, settings, etc.?
Essay Topic 2
The Greeks were obsessed with beauty and intelligence among many other things. Do you see any fables depicting this? Which ones?
Essay Topic 3
What is the narrative technique of Aesop's fables?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)