|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Mouse and the Frog" which animals ties his foot to that of a mouse's?
2. In "The Travelers and the Ax" what do the two travelers find?
3. In "The Swallow and the Serpent" who eats the swallow's eggs?
4. In "The Young Wastrel and the Swallow" what does the man lose?
5. In "The Ass and the Ass-driver" why does the ass driver let go off the ass?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
2. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" why is the wolf killed?
3. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why is he peacock not fit to be king?
4. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
5. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
6. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
7. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
8. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" what is the mistake committed by the shepherd?
9. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" how does the wolf try to trick the lamb?
10. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give examples from the fables of some of the themes, metaphors, similes, and alliterations used. What do you think of the author's writing style?
Essay Topic 2
Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends. Which of the fables depicts this moral? How?
Essay Topic 3
How do the various elements of the fables teach us the morals and codes of conduct?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)