|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wolf and the Goat" which animal is the wolf trying to trick?
2. Who is Piraeus?
3. In "The Cicada and the Fox" whom does the fox hear singing?
4. In "Prometheus and Men" what does Prometheus create?
5. In "The Ass and the Dog Traveling Together" what do the ass and dog find?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Injured Wolf and the Ewe" why does the ewe not help the injured wolf?
2. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
3. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
4. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
5. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
6. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
7. In "The Traveler and Truth" why does Truth leave the city?
8. In "The Wolf and the Shepherd" what mistake does the shepherd commit?
9. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
10. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends. Which of the fables depicts this moral? How?
Essay Topic 2
How do the various elements of the fables teach us the morals and codes of conduct?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the connection between man and nature in Aesop's Fables. How do the fables show that man and nature are interdependent on each other?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)