|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lion Who was Afraid of a Mouse, and the Fox" which animal runs over the sleeping lion?
2. In "The Monkey and the Camel" which animal dances badly?
3. In "The Swallow and the Crow Obstinately Contending over Their Beauty" which two birds are arguing?
4. Why is the ass screaming in "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf?
5. In "The Hen and the Swallow" whose eggs does the hen sit on?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
2. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
3. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
4. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
5. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
6. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
7. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
8. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" how does the wolf try to trick the lamb?
9. In "The Traveler and Truth" why does Truth leave the city?
10. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" what is the beauty of the amaranth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the objects used in all the fables (for example, the caves, trees, statues, etc.) encourage credulity to the setting in the fables?
Essay Topic 2
What is the writing style of Aesop? Are there any use of puns, alliterations, or other literary devices?
Essay Topic 3
Give examples from the fables of some of the themes, metaphors, similes, and alliterations used. What do you think of the author's writing style?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)