|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Begging Priests of Cybele" which animal's skin is used to make drums?
2. In "The Bald Horseman" why do people laugh at the bald man?
3. In "The Mole and His Mother" what does the mole tell his mother?
4. In "The Wild Boar, the Horse and the Huntsman" which two animals share pasture?
5. In "The Wolf and the Heron" who helps the wolf get a bone out of his throat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
2. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
3. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" what is the beauty of the amaranth?
4. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
5. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
6. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" why is the wolf killed?
7. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
8. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
9. In "The Wolf and the Shepherd" what mistake does the shepherd commit?
10. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the morals of Aesop affect the political, social, and family life in Ancient Greece during the 400s and 300s B.C.? Can you find examples from this time period?
Essay Topic 2
The Greeks were obsessed with beauty and intelligence among many other things. Do you see any fables depicting this? Which ones?
Essay Topic 3
Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends. Which of the fables depicts this moral? How?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)