|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Child Thief and His Mother" why does the man go to jail?
2. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Raised with the Dogs" whom does the shepherd hang from a tree?
3. In "The Ass and the Frogs" what is the ass carrying?
4. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" whom is the wolf accusing?
5. In "The Bull and the Wild Goats" whom is the lion chasing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
2. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
3. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
4. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why is he peacock not fit to be king?
5. In "The Lion and the Bull" what does the bull realize about the dinner at the lion's?
6. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
7. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
8. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" how does the wolf try to trick the lamb?
9. In "The Injured Wolf and the Ewe" why does the ewe not help the injured wolf?
10. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the narrative technique of Aesop's fables?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the connection between man and nature in Aesop's Fables. How do the fables show that man and nature are interdependent on each other?
Essay Topic 3
How did the morals of Aesop affect the political, social, and family life in Ancient Greece during the 400s and 300s B.C.? Can you find examples from this time period?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)