Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
2. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
3. In "The Men and Zeus" what is the gift given by Zeus to Man?
4. In "The Hares and the Frogs" which animals decide to kill themselves?
5. In "The Crab and the Fox" what happens to the crab?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
2. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
3. In "The Dog Who Carried the Meat" how does the dog lose his piece of meat?
4. In "The Lion and the Bull" what does the bull realize about the dinner at the lion's?
5. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
6. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
7. In "The Raven and Hermes" why can't the raven be trusted?
8. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
9. In "A Sick Raven" why will the sick raven not be cured?
10. In "The Ass and the Lap-dog" why does the ass get tied in the manger?
Essay Topic 1
What is the preponderant theme in all the fables?
Essay Topic 2
What can be said of the animal kingdom in Aesop's fables? Are they quick-witted, foolish, cunning, etc? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
How has the Fox been depicted in the fables? How do the Fox fables cast a true light on his character? Give examples.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)