|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
2. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
3. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who is fighting over a dead swan?
4. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
5. In "The Heifer and the Ox" whom does the heifer see in the field?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A Sick Raven" why will the sick raven not be cured?
2. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" how does the mouse help the lion?
3. In "The Hares and the Frogs" what makes the hares change their decision about drowning themselves?
4. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
5. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
6. In "Zeus, Prometheus, Athena, and Momos" why is Momos banished from the Olympus?
7. In "The Nightingale and the Hawk" what does the hawk say to the nightingale?
8. What does Hermes learn about himself in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
9. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" why does the man lose all his hair?
10. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus do when the frogs demand a King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think animals play an important role in Aesop's fables in terms of themes, writing styles, settings, etc.?
Essay Topic 2
What is the preponderant theme in all the fables?
Essay Topic 3
Through Aesop's fables can it be said that Man and animal can co-exist peacefully? Yes or no? Give examples.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)