|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Prometheus and Men" what does Prometheus create?
(a) Men and beasts.
(b) Only beasts.
(d) Only men.
2. In "The Cicada and the Fox" whom does the fox hear singing?
(a) A kite.
(b) A cicada.
(c) A jackdaw.
(d) A nightingale.
3. In "The Wild Boar and the Fox what is the wild boar doing?
(a) Breaking his tusks.
(b) Running away from the fox.
(c) Sharpening his tusks.
(d) Fighting with the fox.
4. In "The Mouse and the Frog" which animals ties his foot to that of a mouse's?
(a) The tortoise.
(b) The beetle.
(c) The house ferret.
(d) The frog.
5. In "The Wasp and the Snake" whom does the wasp sting?
(a) The fox.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The snake.
(d) The sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the ass screaming in "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf?
2. In "The Ass and the Cicadas" whom is the ass jealous of?
3. In "The Wolf and the Heron" who helps the wolf get a bone out of his throat?
4. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why do all the birds meet up?
5. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" who destroys the shepherd's sheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
2. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
3. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
4. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
5. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
6. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" why is the wolf killed?
7. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
8. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
9. In "The Injured Wolf and the Ewe" why does the ewe not help the injured wolf?
10. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)