|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Begging Priests of Cybele" which animal's skin is used to make drums?
(a) The wolf's.
(b) The pig's.
(c) The donkey's.
(d) The ass'es.
2. In "The Swallow and the Crow Obstinately Contending over Their Beauty" which two birds are arguing?
(a) The Swallow and the crow.
(b) The swallow and the nightingale.
(c) The swallow and the jackdaw.
(d) The swallow and the cicada.
3. In "The Wild Boar and the Fox what is the wild boar doing?
(a) Sharpening his tusks.
(b) Fighting with the fox.
(c) Running away from the fox.
(d) Breaking his tusks.
4. In "The Wasp and the Snake" whom does the wasp sting?
(a) The sheep.
(b) The snake.
(c) The wolf.
(d) The fox.
5. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal has the lion called home for dinner?
(b) A bull.
(c) A tortoise.
(d) A fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Mouse and the Frog" which animals ties his foot to that of a mouse's?
2. In "The Monkey's Children" how many kids does the monkey give birth to?
3. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" which animal appeals to Zeus?
4. In "The Bird-catcher and the Stork" whom does the bird catcher catch?
5. In "The Boastful Swallow and the Crow" whom does the swallow boast of being?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
2. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
3. In "The Ass Carrying Salt" how does the ass's burden get heavier?
4. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
5. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
6. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
7. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
8. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" why is the wolf killed?
9. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
10. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" what is the mistake committed by the shepherd?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)