|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Horoks?
(a) A local.
(b) A God.
(c) A singer.
(d) A farmer.
2. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
(a) He breaks his shell.
(b) He gets injured and dies.
(c) He falls to the ground from the air and dies.
(d) He is eaten by some wild animals.
3. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" what does the woodcutter lose?
(a) His logs.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) His cloak.
(d) His axe.
4. In "The Child Catching Locusts and the Scorpion" how does the child die?
(a) A wolf eats it up.
(b) He falls down and injures his head.
(c) A handle falls on his head.
(d) A raven kills the child.
5. Who is Polemos?
(a) God of vengence
(b) God of beauty.
(c) God of victory.
(d) God of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wild Boar and the Fox what is the wild boar doing?
2. In "The Begging Priests of Cybele" which animal's skin is used to make drums?
3. In "Winter and Spring" which two seasons are arguing?
4. In "The Bald Horseman" why do people laugh at the bald man?
5. Why does the owner beat up his animal the ass in "The Ass Carrying a Statue of a God"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Ass and the Lap-dog" why does the ass get tied in the manger?
2. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
3. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
4. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
5. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
6. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
7. In "The Traveler and Truth" why does Truth leave the city?
8. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
9. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
10. What happens in "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)