|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Swallow and the Serpent" who eats the swallow's eggs?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A serpent.
(d) A cat.
2. In "The Wasp and the Snake" whom does the wasp sting?
(a) The sheep.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The snake.
(d) The fox.
3. In "The Sick Man and the Doctor" what is the sick man dying of?
(a) Old age.
(c) Serious infection.
(d) Good symptoms.
4. In "The Bandit and the Mulberry Tree" the bandit is hung from which tree?
(a) An apple tree.
(b) A mulberry tree.
(c) A fig tree.
(d) An oak tree.
5. In "The Tortoise and the Hare" who wins the race?
(a) The tortoise.
(b) Both win.
(c) They never finish the race.
(d) The hare.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Mole and His Mother" what does the mole tell his mother?
2. Why are the asses appealing to Zeus in "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" ?
3. In "The Wolf and the Goat" which animal is the wolf trying to trick?
4. In "The Traveler and Truth" who is Truth?
5. In "The Monkey and the Camel" which animal dances badly?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" what is the beauty of the amaranth?
2. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
3. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
4. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
5. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
6. In "The Injured Wolf and the Ewe" why does the ewe not help the injured wolf?
7. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" how does the wolf try to trick the lamb?
8. In "The Wolf and the Shepherd" what mistake does the shepherd commit?
9. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
10. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)