|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ass and the Ass-driver" why does the ass driver let go off the ass?
(a) Because it's tail comes off.
(b) Because it struggles too much.
(c) Because it kicks him.
(d) Because it brays into his ears.
2. In "The Ass and the Lap-dog" whom is the ass jealous of?
(a) The horse.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The dog.
(d) The fox.
3. In "The Bandit and the Mulberry Tree" the bandit is hung from which tree?
(a) An apple tree.
(b) A fig tree.
(c) A mulberry tree.
(d) An oak tree.
4. In "The Hen and the Swallow" whose eggs does the hen sit on?
(a) Jackdaw's eggs.
(b) Snake's eggs.
(c) Ostrich's eggs.
(d) Cicada's eggs.
5. In Fable 293 what is the child catching?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes up the traveler in "The Traveler and Chance"?
2. In "The Snake and the Crab" what does the crab do to the snake?
3. Which two Gods marry in "Polemos and Hybris"?
4. In "The Wild Geese and the Cranes" who dies at the hunters' hands?
5. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why do all the birds meet up?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" how does the wolf try to trick the lamb?
2. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" what is the mistake committed by the shepherd?
3. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
4. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
5. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
6. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
7. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
8. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" what is the beauty of the amaranth?
9. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
10. In "The Traveler and Truth" why does Truth leave the city?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)