|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Fly" who falls into a pot of meat?
(a) A fly.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) A worm.
(d) A beetle.
2. In "Winter and Spring" which two seasons are arguing?
(a) Summer and spring.
(b) Winter and fall.
(c) Summer and Winter.
(d) Winter and spring.
3. In "The Snake and the Crab" what does the crab do to the snake?
(a) He befriends him.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Bites him.
4. In "The Mice and the House-ferrets" who is at war?
(a) The mice and the house ferrets.
(b) The mice and the cats.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) The cats and the house ferrets.
5. In "The Wolf and the Heron" who helps the wolf get a bone out of his throat?
(a) A fox.
(b) A heron.
(c) A lion.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" what does the woodcutter lose?
2. In "The Mole and His Mother" what does the mole tell his mother?
3. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" what is the wolf proud of?
4. In "The Bird-catcher and the Stork" whom does the bird catcher catch?
5. Who is Piraeus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
2. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
3. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
4. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
5. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
6. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
7. In "The Wolf and the Shepherd" what mistake does the shepherd commit?
8. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
9. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
10. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)