|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the owner beat up his animal the ass in "The Ass Carrying a Statue of a God"?
(a) The ass starts braying too loudly.
(b) The ass starts kicking people.
(c) The ass starts bowing to people.
(d) The ass refuses to move.
2. In "The Wolf and the Heron" who helps the wolf get a bone out of his throat?
(a) A heron.
(b) A lion.
(c) A fox.
(d) A mouse.
3. In "The Wild Boar and the Fox what is the wild boar doing?
(a) Running away from the fox.
(b) Fighting with the fox.
(c) Breaking his tusks.
(d) Sharpening his tusks.
4. In "The Wolf and the Ass" who reveals the wolf's truth?
(a) The ass.
(b) A fox.
(c) Other wolves.
(d) A hyena.
5. In "The Ass and the Cicadas" whom is the ass jealous of?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Monkey and the Camel" which animal dances badly?
2. In "The Archer and the Lion" which is the animal that does not flee?
3. In "The Begging Priests of Cybele" which animal's skin is used to make drums?
4. In "The Child Thief and His Mother" why does the man go to jail?
5. What happens to the passengers aboard a ship in "The Sea Voyagers"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
2. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
3. In "The Traveler and Truth" why does Truth leave the city?
4. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
5. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
6. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
7. In "The Wolf and the Shepherd" what mistake does the shepherd commit?
8. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
9. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
10. In "The Ass Carrying Salt" how does the ass's burden get heavier?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)