|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Travelers and the Ax" what do the two travelers find?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A pair of scissors.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) An axe.
2. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
(d) A woman.
3. In "The Ass Pronouncing the Horse Happy" which animal does the ass envy?
(a) The wolf.
(b) The horse.
(c) The fox.
(d) The lion.
4. In "The Satisfied Wolf and the Ewe" whom does the wolf see lying on its own back?
(a) A fox.
(b) A hyena.
(c) An ewe.
(d) A dog.
5. In "The Mice and the House-ferrets" who is at war?
(a) The cats and the house ferrets.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) The mice and the house ferrets.
(d) The mice and the cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Sow and the Dog Insulting One Another" whom does the sow want to tear to pieces?
2. In "The Wild Geese and the Cranes" who dies at the hunters' hands?
3. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
4. In "The Swallow and the Serpent" who eats the swallow's eggs?
5. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" whom is the wolf accusing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
2. In "The Ass and the Lap-dog" why does the ass get tied in the manger?
3. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
4. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
5. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
6. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
7. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
8. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
9. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
10. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)