|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lion Who was Afraid of a Mouse, and the Fox" which animal runs over the sleeping lion?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A fox.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A snake.
2. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Raised with the Dogs" whom does the shepherd hang from a tree?
(a) The fox.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The hyena.
(d) The dog.
3. In "The Wild Geese and the Cranes" who dies at the hunters' hands?
(a) The geese.
(b) The cranes.
(c) The sea gulls.
(d) The ducks.
4. In "The Bull and the Wild Goats" whom is the lion chasing?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A fox.
(c) A stag.
(d) A bull.
5. In "The Ass and the Lap-dog" whom is the ass jealous of?
(a) The horse.
(b) The dog.
(c) The wolf.
(d) The fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bees and Zeus" what does Zeus grant to the bees?
2. In "The Mouse and the Frog" which animals ties his foot to that of a mouse's?
3. In "The Diviner" what happens to the diviner's house?
4. Who is Piraeus?
5. In "The Young Men and the Butcher" what do the two men do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
2. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why is he peacock not fit to be king?
3. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
4. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
5. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" how does the wolf try to trick the lamb?
6. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
7. In "The Ass Carrying Salt" how does the ass's burden get heavier?
8. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
9. What happens in "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
10. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)