|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Boastful Swallow and the Crow" whom does the swallow boast of being?
(a) A Greek Goddess of beauty.
(b) An Athenian princess.
(c) A Greek Goddess.
(d) An Egyptian princess.
2. In "Prometheus and Men" what does Prometheus create?
(a) Men and beasts.
(b) Only beasts.
(c) Only men.
3. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
(a) Because his gold is missing.
(b) Because he did not do anything with it when he had it.
(c) Because his gold is stolen.
(d) Because his gold has come down in value.
4. In "The Hyenas" what do we come to know about the hyenas?
(a) They change sex every four years.
(b) They change sex every three years.
(c) They change sex every year.
(d) They change sex every two years.
5. In "The Wolf and the Ass" who reveals the wolf's truth?
(a) Other wolves.
(b) The ass.
(c) A fox.
(d) A hyena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two Gods marry in "Polemos and Hybris"?
2. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why do all the birds meet up?
3. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal has the lion called home for dinner?
4. What happens to the passengers aboard a ship in "The Sea Voyagers"?
5. In "The Fly" who falls into a pot of meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
2. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
3. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" what is the mistake committed by the shepherd?
4. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
5. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
6. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
7. In "The Lion and the Bull" what does the bull realize about the dinner at the lion's?
8. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
9. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
10. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)