|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pouches are bestowed upon man when he is created?
(a) Two pouches.
(b) Five pouches.
(c) Three pouches.
(d) Ten pouches.
2. In "The Bandit and the Mulberry Tree" the bandit is hung from which tree?
(a) A fig tree.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) A mulberry tree.
(d) An oak tree.
3. Why is the ass screaming in "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf?
(a) Because the master is hitting him.
(b) Because he has sore that is being picked by a raven.
(c) Because a wolf is biting his tail.
(d) None of the above.
4. In "The Traveler and Hermes" whom does the traveler meet?
(b) Another traveller.
5. In "Prometheus and Men" what does Prometheus create?
(b) Only men.
(c) Men and beasts.
(d) Only beasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bird-catcher and the Partridge" whom does the bird catcher kill?
2. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" what does the farmer do to his hen?
3. In "The Lion Who was Afraid of a Mouse, and the Fox" which animal runs over the sleeping lion?
4. Who is Hybris?
5. In "The Ass Pronouncing the Horse Happy" which animal does the ass envy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" how does the wolf try to trick the lamb?
2. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
3. In "The Traveler and Truth" why does Truth leave the city?
4. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
5. What happens in "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
6. In "The Lion and the Bull" what does the bull realize about the dinner at the lion's?
7. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
8. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
9. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
10. In "The Ass Carrying Salt" how does the ass's burden get heavier?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)