|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hybris?
(a) Goddes of wisdom.
(b) Goddess of wealth.
(c) Goddess of fortune.
(d) Goddess of wanton.
2. In "The Wolves and the Sheep" whom do the wolves slaughter?
(a) The sheep.
(b) The dogs.
(c) The sheep dogs.
(d) An elephant.
3. In "The Hyenas" what do we come to know about the hyenas?
(a) They change sex every two years.
(b) They change sex every three years.
(c) They change sex every year.
(d) They change sex every four years.
4. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
(d) A woman.
5. In "The Bat and the House-ferrets" which animal is caught by the house ferret?
(a) A bat.
(b) A beetle.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A worm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Ass and the Dog Traveling Together" what do the ass and dog find?
2. In "The Traveler and Hermes" whom does the traveler meet?
3. In Fable 293 what is the child catching?
4. In "The Injured Wolf and the Ewe" whom does the wolf ask for help?
5. In "Winter and Spring" which two seasons are arguing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
2. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
3. In "The Lion and the Bull" what does the bull realize about the dinner at the lion's?
4. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
5. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why is he peacock not fit to be king?
6. In "The Injured Wolf and the Ewe" why does the ewe not help the injured wolf?
7. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
8. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
9. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
10. In "The Wolf and the Shepherd" what mistake does the shepherd commit?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)