|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Begging Priests of Cybele" which animal's skin is used to make drums?
(a) The pig's.
(b) The wolf's.
(c) The donkey's.
(d) The ass'es.
2. In "The Bull and the Wild Goats" whom is the lion chasing?
(a) A fox.
(b) A bull.
(c) A stag.
(d) A wolf.
3. In "The Bees and Zeus" what does Zeus grant to the bees?
(a) The ability to buzz.
(b) The ability to make honey.
(c) The ability to sting.
(d) The ability to make a hive.
4. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
(a) He falls to the ground from the air and dies.
(b) He gets injured and dies.
(c) He is eaten by some wild animals.
(d) He breaks his shell.
5. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" which two flowers are comparing themselves?
(a) The amarynth and the lilies.
(b) The rose and poppies.
(c) The rose and the amarynth.
(d) The rose and the lilies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Pots" which two kinds of pots float in a river?
2. In "The Traveler and Truth" who is Truth?
3. In "The Mole and His Mother" what does the mole tell his mother?
4. In "The Child Catching Locusts and the Scorpion" how does the child die?
5. In "The Cicada and the Fox" whom does the fox hear singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
2. In "The Traveler and Truth" why does Truth leave the city?
3. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" what is the mistake committed by the shepherd?
4. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
5. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
6. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" why is the wolf killed?
7. What happens in "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
8. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
9. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
10. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)