|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Hyenas" what do we come to know about the hyenas?
(a) They change sex every two years.
(b) They change sex every four years.
(c) They change sex every year.
(d) They change sex every three years.
2. In "The Two Carrying-pouches" who creates man?
(d) None of the above.
3. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
(a) Because his gold is stolen.
(b) Because he did not do anything with it when he had it.
(c) Because his gold has come down in value.
(d) Because his gold is missing.
4. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" which two flowers are comparing themselves?
(a) The rose and poppies.
(b) The rose and the amarynth.
(c) The amarynth and the lilies.
(d) The rose and the lilies.
5. In "The Wolf and the Goat" which animal is the wolf trying to trick?
(a) A goat.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A deer.
(d) An ass.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wild Geese and the Cranes" who dies at the hunters' hands?
2. In "The Young Wastrel and the Swallow" what does the man lose?
3. Which two Gods marry in "Polemos and Hybris"?
4. In "The Ass, the Cock and the Lion" which animal does the lion eat?
5. Who is Horoks?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why is he peacock not fit to be king?
2. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
3. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" why is the wolf killed?
4. In "The Ass Carrying Salt" how does the ass's burden get heavier?
5. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
6. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
7. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
8. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
9. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" what is the mistake committed by the shepherd?
10. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)