|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Bird-catcher and the Partridge" whom does the bird catcher kill?
(a) A stork.
(b) A partridge.
(c) A jackdaw.
(d) A cicada.
2. In "The Mouse and the Frog" which animals ties his foot to that of a mouse's?
(a) The frog.
(b) The tortoise.
(c) The house ferret.
(d) The beetle.
3. In "Prometheus and Men" what does Prometheus create?
(a) Only beasts.
(c) Men and beasts.
(d) Only men.
4. In "The Diviner" what happens to the diviner's house?
(a) It is burnt down.
(b) It is robbed.
(c) It is buried.
(d) None of the above.
5. Why does the owner beat up his animal the ass in "The Ass Carrying a Statue of a God"?
(a) The ass refuses to move.
(b) The ass starts kicking people.
(c) The ass starts bowing to people.
(d) The ass starts braying too loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Satisfied Wolf and the Ewe" whom does the wolf see lying on its own back?
2. How many pouches are bestowed upon man when he is created?
3. In "The Wasp and the Snake" whom does the wasp sting?
4. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
5. In "The Ass and the Lap-dog" whom is the ass jealous of?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
2. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
3. In "The Ass Carrying Salt" how does the ass's burden get heavier?
4. What do we come to know of hyenas in "The Hyenas" ?
5. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
6. In "The Traveler and Truth" why does Truth leave the city?
7. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
8. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
9. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
10. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" why is the wolf killed?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)