|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Mouse and the Frog" which animals ties his foot to that of a mouse's?
(a) The beetle.
(b) The frog.
(c) The house ferret.
(d) The tortoise.
2. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" why does the ferret get angry at the parrot?
(a) Because the parrot is fed more than the ferret.
(b) Because the parrot is pet more than the ferret.
(c) Because the parrot can get away with loud noises.
(d) Because the parrot is loved more than the ferret.
3. In "The Satisfied Wolf and the Ewe" whom does the wolf see lying on its own back?
(a) A fox.
(b) A dog.
(c) An ewe.
(d) A hyena.
4. In "The Partridge and the Man" whom does the man catch?
(a) A cicadal.
(b) A jackdaw.
(c) A partridge.
(d) A rooster.
5. Who is Horoks?
(a) A local.
(b) A God.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bees and Zeus" what does Zeus grant to the bees?
2. In "The Young Wastrel and the Swallow" what does the man lose?
3. In "The Wild Geese and the Cranes" who dies at the hunters' hands?
4. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" whom is the wolf accusing?
5. In "The Pots" which two kinds of pots float in a river?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" why is the wolf killed?
2. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
3. In "Winter and Spring" why does spring say that people hate winter?
4. In "The Travelers and the Bear" what happens to the two travelers when they see a bear?
5. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
6. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
7. In "The Ass Carrying Salt" how does the ass's burden get heavier?
8. In "The Lion and the Bull" what does the bull realize about the dinner at the lion's?
9. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
10. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)