|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Bat and the House-ferrets" which animal is caught by the house ferret?
(a) A bat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A worm.
2. Who is Polemos?
(a) God of war.
(b) God of beauty.
(c) God of vengence
(d) God of victory.
3. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" what does the woodcutter lose?
(a) His cloak.
(b) His logs.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) His axe.
4. In "The Castaway and the Sea" whom is the castaway baling for his misfortune?
(a) The sailor.
(b) The sea.
(c) The ship.
(d) No answers are correct.
5. Who is Hybris?
(a) Goddes of wisdom.
(b) Goddess of wealth.
(c) Goddess of fortune.
(d) Goddess of wanton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Ass and the Dog Traveling Together" what do the ass and dog find?
2. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
3. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
4. In "The Two Carrying-pouches" who creates man?
5. In "The Wolves and the Sheep" whom do the wolves slaughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" how does the wolf try to trick the lamb?
2. In "The Injured Wolf and the Ewe" why does the ewe not help the injured wolf?
3. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
4. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
5. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
6. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
7. In "The Ass Carrying Salt" how does the ass's burden get heavier?
8. In "The Lion and the Bull" what does the bull realize about the dinner at the lion's?
9. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
10. What happens in "The Tortoise and the Hare"?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)