|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" why does the ferret get angry at the parrot?
(a) Because the parrot is loved more than the ferret.
(b) Because the parrot is fed more than the ferret.
(c) Because the parrot can get away with loud noises.
(d) Because the parrot is pet more than the ferret.
2. In "The Monkey's Children" how many kids does the monkey give birth to?
3. In "The Wasp and the Snake" whom does the wasp sting?
(a) The snake.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The fox.
(d) The sheep.
4. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
(d) A woman.
5. In "The Wolf and the Ass" who reveals the wolf's truth?
(a) Other wolves.
(b) The ass.
(c) A fox.
(d) A hyena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hybris?
2. In "The Lion Who was Afraid of a Mouse, and the Fox" which animal runs over the sleeping lion?
3. In "The Wolves and the Sheep" whom do the wolves slaughter?
4. In "The Bird-catcher and the Partridge" whom does the bird catcher kill?
5. In "The Wolf and the Heron" who helps the wolf get a bone out of his throat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Prometheus and Men" why does Prometheus turn some of the beasts into men?
2. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
3. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
4. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" what is the mistake committed by the shepherd?
5. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
6. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
7. In "The Ass Carrying Salt" how does the ass's burden get heavier?
8. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
9. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
10. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)