|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
(a) Because she imitates one of the Gods.
(b) Because she tries to cheat one of the Gods.
(c) Because she curses one of the Gods.
(d) Because she sells charms to appease the angry Gods.
2. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who steals the swan?
(a) The lion.
(b) The bear.
(c) The hyena.
(d) The fox.
3. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
(a) Because the vet prescribes goat lung for the donkey.
(b) Because the the Gods want to eat it.
(c) Because the goat is jealous.
(d) Because the farmer wants his wishes granted.
4. Who chases the wolf in "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute"?
(d) No answers are correct.
5. In "Diogenes and the Bald Man" who is Diogenes?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A God.
(c) A writer.
(d) An orator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
2. In "The Mule" what does the mule realize about her father?
3. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
4. In "The Man Who Found a Golden Lion" the statue represents which animal?
5. In "The Hares and the Frogs" which animals decide to kill themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" why is the dolphin not able to help the lion?
2. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" how does the winner end up losing?
3. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
4. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
5. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion manage to eat all the oxen one by one?
6. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
7. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
8. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" why does the fox ask the jackdaw to stop living on hope?
9. In "A Sick Raven" why will the sick raven not be cured?
10. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" why does Zeus curse the tortoise?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)