|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
(a) Trying to rub the color off of his skin.
(b) Trying to steal from him.
(c) Trying to beat him.
(d) Trying to run away with him.
2. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
(a) A fox and a lamb.
(b) A fox and a leopard.
(c) A fox and a tiger.
(d) A fox and a snake.
3. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
(a) A river.
(b) A God.
(c) A bird.
(d) An animal.
4. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) Because his whole body swells.
(b) Because the hollow closes up.
(c) Because his stomach swells.
(d) None of the above.
5. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
(c) Locals of a village.
(d) Names of rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
2. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
3. In "The Dog with a Bell" why does the owner tie a bell around the dog's neck?
4. In "The Chariot of Hermes and the Arabs" whom does Hermes call liars and cheaters?
5. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" which animal pounces on a sleeping dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" why does the fox ask the jackdaw to stop living on hope?
2. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
3. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why is he peacock not fit to be king?
4. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" how does the wolf lose his meal?
5. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
6. In "The Ant and the Pigeon" how does the pigeon help the ant?
7. In "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute" what does the wolf realize about his nature?
8. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" why is the wolf killed?
9. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
10. In "The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf" what does the ass do to the wolf?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)