|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Zeus and the Snake" from which animal does Zeus refuse to take a wedding gift?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A lion.
(c) A snake.
(d) A fox.
2. In "The Dog and the Hare" who catches the hare?
(a) A hound.
(b) A fox.
(c) A lion.
(d) A wolf.
3. In "Diogenes and the Bald Man" who is Diogenes?
(a) A God.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A writer.
(d) An orator.
4. In "The Dog Who Chased a Lion, and the Fox" which animal is the dog chasing?
(a) A lion.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A hare.
(d) A fox.
5. In "The Men and Zeus" what is the gift given by Zeus to Man?
(a) Gift of speech.
(b) Gift of power.
(c) Gift of wisdom.
(d) Gift of voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Kite and the Snake" who bites the kite?
2. In "The Dog with a Bell" why does the owner tie a bell around the dog's neck?
3. In "The Crab and the Fox" what happens to the crab?
4. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
5. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
2. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
3. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" why does the man lose all his hair?
4. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
5. In "A Sick Raven" why will the sick raven not be cured?
6. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" why does Zeus curse the tortoise?
7. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
8. In "The Mischievous Man" how does the man try to prove that the Oracle of Delphi is a fraud?
9. How does the fox get revenge against the eagle in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
10. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion manage to eat all the oxen one by one?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)