|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lion, the Ass and the Fox" why does the ass get killed by the lion?
(a) Because the ass divides the hunt equally.
(b) Because he keeps the larger portion of the hunt for himself.
(c) Because he gives a larger portion of the hunt to the fox.
(d) Because the ass tries to run away with the hunt.
2. In "The Fox and the Woodcutter" what do we learn of the fox?
(a) That he is brave.
(b) That he is wise.
(c) That is he very dumb.
(d) That he is as cunning as ever.
3. In "The Woman and Her Servants" which animal is killed by the servants?
(a) The goat.
(b) The rooster.
(c) The pig.
(d) The cow.
4. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
(a) The hounds.
(b) The hares.
(c) The eagles.
(d) The wolves.
5. In "The Gardener and the Dog" which animal bites its owner?
(a) The dog.
(b) The cat.
(c) The pig.
(d) The sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
2. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
3. In "The Camel and Zeus" which animal goes to Zeus to ask for horns?
4. In "The Heifer and the Ox" whom does the heifer see in the field?
5. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hermes learn about himself in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
2. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
3. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
4. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" why does the man lose all his hair?
5. In "The Nightingale and the Hawk" what does the hawk say to the nightingale?
6. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
7. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" how does the wolf lose his meal?
8. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" why does Zeus curse the tortoise?
9. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
10. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)