|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
(a) The wolves.
(b) The eagles.
(c) The hares.
(d) The hounds.
2. In "The Jackdaw and the Birds" who is voted as the most beautiful bird?
(a) The cicada.
(b) The jackdaw.
(c) The nightingale.
(d) The eagle.
3. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
(a) By trying to imitate a frog's croaking.
(b) By trying to imitate an ass's braying.
(c) By trying to imitate the horse's neighing.
(d) By imitating a donkey's braying.
4. In "The Raven and Hermes" which animal is caught in a snare?
(a) A jackdaw.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A cicada.
(d) A raven.
5. Who asks for alms in "The Adder and the File"?
(a) An ox.
(b) A lamb.
(c) An adder.
(d) A fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Zeus and the Snake" from which animal does Zeus refuse to take a wedding gift?
2. In "The Dog, the Cock, and the Fox" which animal does the dog tear to pieces?
3. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
4. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
5. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" why does Zeus curse the tortoise?
2. In "The Oak Trees and Zeus" why do the oak trees appeal to Zeus for help?
3. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
4. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" how does the mouse help the lion?
5. In "The Raven and Hermes" why can't the raven be trusted?
6. In "The Mischievous Man" how does the man try to prove that the Oracle of Delphi is a fraud?
7. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
8. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" why is the dolphin not able to help the lion?
9. In "The Dog Who Carried the Meat" how does the dog lose his piece of meat?
10. In "Zeus, Prometheus, Athena, and Momos" why is Momos banished from the Olympus?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)