|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
(a) Fables 30 and 31.
(b) Fables 29 and 30.
(c) Fables 28 and 29.
(d) Fables 31 and 32.
2. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
(b) Locals of a village.
(d) Names of rivers.
3. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
(a) A company of roosters.
(b) A company of partridges.
(c) A company of cicadas.
(d) A company of ravens.
4. In "The Doctor and the Sick Man" how does the doctor's patient die?
(a) He dies because of excess drinking.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He dies because of excess eating.
(d) He dies because of excess stress.
5. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
(a) The lion.
(b) Both are equally strong.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) The man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" which animal does not come to Zeus's wedding feast?
2. In "The Fox and the Billy Goat" what do we learn of the goat?
3. In "The Hares and the Frogs" which animals decide to kill themselves?
4. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
5. In "The Dog Who Chased a Lion, and the Fox" which animal is the dog chasing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
2. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
3. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
4. In "The Nightingale and the Hawk" what does the hawk say to the nightingale?
5. In "The Dog Who Carried the Meat" how does the dog lose his piece of meat?
6. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
7. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" how does the winner end up losing?
8. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" why does the fox ask the jackdaw to stop living on hope?
9. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
10. In "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute" what does the wolf realize about his nature?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)