|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lion, the Wolf and the Fox" whose skin must the lion wear to keep himself alive?
(a) The fox's skin.
(b) The wolf's skin.
(c) The sheep's skin.
(d) The deer's skin.
2. In "The Dog and the Hare" who catches the hare?
(a) A lion.
(b) A fox.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A hound.
3. In "The Ploughman and the Snake Who Had Killed his Son" who bites the ploughman's son?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A snake.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) An insect.
4. In "The Dog and the Shellfish" what animal does the dog swallow?
(a) A halycon.
(b) A shellfish.
(c) A fish.
(d) A tunny-fish.
5. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" how many mistresses does the man have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lion and the Wild Ass" whom does the lion share his food with?
2. In "The Bird-catcher and the Asp" how does the bird catcher die?
3. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
4. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
5. In "The Fox and the Billy Goat" what do we learn of the goat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
2. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
3. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" why does the man lose all his hair?
4. In "A Sick Raven" why will the sick raven not be cured?
5. In "The Raven and Hermes" why can't the raven be trusted?
6. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
7. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" why does the fox ask the jackdaw to stop living on hope?
8. How does the fox get revenge against the eagle in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
9. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
10. In "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute" what does the wolf realize about his nature?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)