|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
(a) A halcyon.
(b) A hawk.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) An eagle.
2. In "The Aging Lion and the Fox" how does the old lion manage to kill other animals?
(a) By asking his man friend to kill them for him.
(b) By having a fox kill them.
(c) By asking a pack of wolves to hunt them for him.
(d) By pretending to be sick.
3. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
(a) A company of cicadas.
(b) A company of partridges.
(c) A company of ravens.
(d) A company of roosters.
4. In "The Fox and the Woodcutter" what do we learn of the fox?
(a) That he is as cunning as ever.
(b) That he is brave.
(c) That is he very dumb.
(d) That he is wise.
5. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" how many mistresses does the man have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
2. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
3. In "The Gardener and the Dog" which animal bites its owner?
4. In "The Men and Zeus" what is the gift given by Zeus to Man?
5. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus throw into the water a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
2. In "The Hares and the Frogs" what makes the hares change their decision about drowning themselves?
3. In "A Sick Raven" why will the sick raven not be cured?
4. In "The Mischievous Man" how does the man try to prove that the Oracle of Delphi is a fraud?
5. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
6. In "The Dog Who Carried the Meat" how does the dog lose his piece of meat?
7. What does Hermes learn about himself in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
8. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
9. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" how does the winner end up losing?
10. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)