|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
(a) For having many children.
(b) For being a lazy mother.
(c) For having only one child.
(d) For not having a child
2. In "The Crested Lark" why does the lark get death penalty?
(a) Because she lies.
(b) Because she steals a piece of grain.
(c) Because she steals someone else's food.
(d) Because she kills a fellow lark.
3. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
(a) A strong current.
(b) His hunger.
(c) He chasing another animal.
(d) A chase from another animal.
4. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
(a) A fox and a lamb.
(b) A fox and a snake.
(c) A fox and a leopard.
(d) A fox and a tiger.
5. In "The Man Who Shattered a Statue of a God" what comes out of the statue that the man broke?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Silver coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
2. In "The Lion, the Wolf and the Fox" whose skin must the lion wear to keep himself alive?
3. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
4. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" which animal pounces on a sleeping dog?
5. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the fox get revenge against the eagle in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
2. In "A Sick Raven" why will the sick raven not be cured?
3. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" how does the winner end up losing?
4. In "Zeus, Prometheus, Athena, and Momos" why is Momos banished from the Olympus?
5. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
6. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" why does the man lose all his hair?
7. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
8. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion manage to eat all the oxen one by one?
9. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" why is the dolphin not able to help the lion?
10. In "The Nightingale and the Hawk" what does the hawk say to the nightingale?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)