|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A fox.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A mouse.
2. In "The Fox and the Bramble" what is the fox trying to do?
(a) Elongate his own body.
(b) Chase the snake.
(c) Make friends with the snake.
(d) Try and kill the snake.
3. In "The Man Who Shattered a Statue of a God" what comes out of the statue that the man broke?
(a) Silver coins.
(c) Gold coins.
4. In "The Fox and the Billy Goat" what do we learn of the goat?
(a) That it is very strong.
(b) That it is very weak.
(c) That it is very clever.
(d) That it is not clever.
5. In "Diogenes and the Bald Man" who is Diogenes?
(a) A God.
(b) An orator.
(c) A writer.
(d) A philosopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Fox and the Woodcutter" what do we learn of the fox?
2. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" which animal pounces on a sleeping dog?
3. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
4. In "The Woman and Her Servants" which animal is killed by the servants?
5. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
2. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" why does the shepherd decide to go trading?
3. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" what is the mistake committed by the shepherd?
4. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
5. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
6. What does Hermes learn about himself in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
7. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
8. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
9. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" why does Zeus curse the tortoise?
10. In "The Oak Trees and Zeus" why do the oak trees appeal to Zeus for help?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)