|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Cat and the Hens" which animal disguises himself?
(a) A hen.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A goat.
2. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is changeable.
(b) It is not changeable.
(c) It is temporary.
(d) It is permanent.
3. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
(a) Because she curses one of the Gods.
(b) Because she imitates one of the Gods.
(c) Because she tries to cheat one of the Gods.
(d) Because she sells charms to appease the angry Gods.
4. In "The Kite and the Snake" who bites the kite?
(a) A snake.
(b) A spider.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A scorpion.
5. Whose statue is being offered for free in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the merchant sell in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
2. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
3. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
4. In "The Lion and the Wild Boar" whom does the lion fight with?
5. In "The Fox and the Woodcutter" what do we learn of the fox?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" how does the winner end up losing?
2. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
3. In "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf" why does the ass scream in pain?
4. In "The Nightingale and the Hawk" what does the hawk say to the nightingale?
5. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" why does the man lose all his hair?
6. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion manage to eat all the oxen one by one?
7. In "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" how can the asses escape their misery?
8. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
9. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
10. What does Hermes learn about himself in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)