|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
(a) A chase from another animal.
(b) He chasing another animal.
(c) A strong current.
(d) His hunger.
2. In "The Crested Lark" why does the lark get death penalty?
(a) Because she steals a piece of grain.
(b) Because she steals someone else's food.
(c) Because she lies.
(d) Because she kills a fellow lark.
3. In "The Chariot of Hermes and the Arabs" whom does Hermes call liars and cheaters?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Asians.
(c) The Arabs.
(d) The Egyptians.
4. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
(b) Names of rivers.
(c) Locals of a village.
5. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
(a) A halcyon.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A hawk.
(d) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
2. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
3. In "The Gardener and the Dog" which animal bites its owner?
4. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
5. In "The Cat and the Hens" which animal disguises himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
2. In "A Sick Raven" why will the sick raven not be cured?
3. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
4. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
5. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" why does Zeus curse the tortoise?
6. In "The Dog Who Carried the Meat" how does the dog lose his piece of meat?
7. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
8. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" why is the dolphin not able to help the lion?
9. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" how does the wolf lose his meal?
10. In "The Hares and the Frogs" what makes the hares change their decision about drowning themselves?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)