|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks for alms in "The Adder and the File"?
(a) An ox.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A fox.
(d) An adder.
2. Whose statue is being offered for free in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
3. In "The Reed and the Olive" which tree snaps?
(a) The apple tree.
(b) The oak tree.
(c) The olive tree.
(d) The reed tree.
4. In "The Men and Zeus" what is the gift given by Zeus to Man?
(a) Gift of power.
(b) Gift of voice.
(c) Gift of speech.
(d) Gift of wisdom.
5. In "The Starving Dogs" what do the dogs find?
(a) Animal hides.
(b) A dead wolf.
(c) A wounded fox.
(d) Dead meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Zeus and the Snake" from which animal does Zeus refuse to take a wedding gift?
2. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
3. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
4. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
5. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hermes learn about himself in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
2. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" why does Zeus curse the tortoise?
3. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
4. How does the fox get revenge against the eagle in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
5. In "The Mischievous Man" how does the man try to prove that the Oracle of Delphi is a fraud?
6. In "The Raven and Hermes" why can't the raven be trusted?
7. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
8. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
9. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
10. In "The Oak Trees and Zeus" why do the oak trees appeal to Zeus for help?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)