|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
(a) By seperating them.
(b) By chasing them all.
(c) By eating them all at once.
(d) By hunting them when they are sleeping.
2. Who asks for alms in "The Adder and the File"?
(a) A lamb.
(b) An ox.
(c) A fox.
(d) An adder.
3. In "The Raven and the Snake" who bites the hungry raven?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) An ant.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A snake.
4. In "The Mule" what does the mule realize about her father?
(a) That he was an ass.
(b) That he was hated by everyone.
(c) That he was very handsome.
(d) That he was an intelligent mule.
5. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
(a) He is carried away by the eagle.
(b) He runs away from the loser.
(c) He hides in the bush and gets eaten by an animal.
(d) He dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
2. In "The Lion, the Ass and the Fox" why does the ass get killed by the lion?
3. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
4. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" what does the fox tell the jackdaw?
5. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" which animal pounces on a sleeping dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
2. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" how does the mouse help the lion?
3. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
4. In "The Hares and the Frogs" what makes the hares change their decision about drowning themselves?
5. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" why does Zeus curse the tortoise?
6. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
7. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
8. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
9. In "The Raven and Hermes" why can't the raven be trusted?
10. What does Hermes learn about himself in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)