|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
(a) Because that goat tried to harm the goatherd.
(b) Because that goat ignored the goatherd when he was calling it back.
(c) Because the goatherd wanted to sell the goat's horns.
(d) Because the goat was troubling the other goats of the herd.
2. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" which animal pounces on a sleeping dog?
(a) A lion.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A hound.
3. In "The Crested Lark" why does the lark get death penalty?
(a) Because she steals someone else's food.
(b) Because she steals a piece of grain.
(c) Because she lies.
(d) Because she kills a fellow lark.
4. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
(a) For having only one child.
(b) For not having a child
(c) For being a lazy mother.
(d) For having many children.
5. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Dog Who Chased a Lion, and the Fox" which animal is the dog chasing?
2. Whose statue is being offered for free in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
3. In "The Lion and the Wild Boar" whom does the lion fight with?
4. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
5. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Hares and the Frogs" what makes the hares change their decision about drowning themselves?
2. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" how does the wolf lose his meal?
3. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus do when the frogs demand a King?
4. In "The Dog Who Carried the Meat" how does the dog lose his piece of meat?
5. In "The Mischievous Man" how does the man try to prove that the Oracle of Delphi is a fraud?
6. In "The Fox and the Bunch of Grapes" what does the fox call the grapes even though he has not tasted them?
7. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" how does the winner end up losing?
8. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
9. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" why does the man lose all his hair?
10. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)