|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is permanent.
(b) It is changeable.
(c) It is not changeable.
(d) It is temporary.
2. In "The Man Who Shattered a Statue of a God" what comes out of the statue that the man broke?
(b) Gold coins.
(d) Silver coins.
3. In "Hermes and the Artisans" what does Zeus ask Hermes to do?
(a) Pour poison of lies on all the animals.
(b) Pour poison of lies on man.
(c) Pour poison of lies on all the artisans.
(d) Pour poison of lies on all the Gods.
4. In "The Ploughman and the Snake Who Had Killed his Son" who bites the ploughman's son?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A snake.
(c) An insect.
(d) A scorpion.
5. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Raven and the Snake" who bites the hungry raven?
2. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
3. Who chases the wolf in "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute"?
4. In "The Dog and the Hare" who catches the hare?
5. In "Zeus and the Snake" from which animal does Zeus refuse to take a wedding gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
2. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" how does the mouse help the lion?
3. In "The Oak Trees and Zeus" why do the oak trees appeal to Zeus for help?
4. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
5. What does Hermes learn about himself in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
6. In "The Fox and the Bunch of Grapes" what does the fox call the grapes even though he has not tasted them?
7. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
8. In "The Nightingale and the Hawk" what does the hawk say to the nightingale?
9. How does the fox get revenge against the eagle in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
10. In "The Raven and Hermes" why can't the raven be trusted?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)