|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
(a) The reed and the olive tree.
(b) The apple and the oak tree.
(c) The olive and the oak tree.
(d) The reed and the apple tree.
2. In "The Cat and the Hens" which animal disguises himself?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A hen.
3. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
(a) A strong current.
(b) He chasing another animal.
(c) His hunger.
(d) A chase from another animal.
4. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who is fighting over a dead swan?
(a) The lion and the bear.
(b) The bear and the fox.
(c) The lion and the fox.
(d) The lion and the wolf.
5. In "The Fox and the Woodcutter" what do we learn of the fox?
(a) That he is brave.
(b) That is he very dumb.
(c) That he is wise.
(d) That he is as cunning as ever.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Mule" what does the mule realize about her father?
2. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
3. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
4. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
5. In "Hermes and the Artisans" what does Zeus ask Hermes to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Fox and the Bunch of Grapes" what does the fox call the grapes even though he has not tasted them?
2. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
3. In "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute" what does the wolf realize about his nature?
4. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
5. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
6. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
7. In "The Hares and the Frogs" what makes the hares change their decision about drowning themselves?
8. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
9. In "The Raven and Hermes" why can't the raven be trusted?
10. In "The Mischievous Man" how does the man try to prove that the Oracle of Delphi is a fraud?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)