|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
(a) His hunger.
(b) A chase from another animal.
(c) A strong current.
(d) He chasing another animal.
2. In "The Dog and the Shellfish" what animal does the dog swallow?
(a) A halycon.
(b) A fish.
(c) A shellfish.
(d) A tunny-fish.
3. In "The Heifer and the Ox" whom does the heifer see in the field?
(a) An ox.
(b) A fox.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A monkey.
4. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A cockerel.
(c) A horse.
(d) A piece of jewelry.
5. In "The Woman and Her Servants" which animal is killed by the servants?
(a) The rooster.
(b) The cow.
(c) The pig.
(d) The goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Hermes and the Artisans" what does Zeus ask Hermes to do?
2. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
3. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
4. In "The Seagull and the Kite" how does the gull rupture his gullet?
5. In "The Murderer" who eats the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Mischievous Man" how does the man try to prove that the Oracle of Delphi is a fraud?
2. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion manage to eat all the oxen one by one?
3. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
4. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" why does the man lose all his hair?
5. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" why does Zeus curse the tortoise?
6. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
7. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
8. In "Zeus, Prometheus, Athena, and Momos" why is Momos banished from the Olympus?
9. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
10. In "The Fox and the Bunch of Grapes" what does the fox call the grapes even though he has not tasted them?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)