|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Cat and the Hens" which animal disguises himself?
(a) A cat.
(b) A hen.
(c) A goat.
(d) A dog.
2. Who asks for alms in "The Adder and the File"?
(a) A fox.
(b) An adder.
(c) A lamb.
(d) An ox.
3. In "The Dog and the Shellfish" what animal does the dog swallow?
(a) A halycon.
(b) A tunny-fish.
(c) A fish.
(d) A shellfish.
4. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" what does the fox tell the jackdaw?
(a) Not to eat the figs.
(b) To eat all the figs.
(c) Not to live on hope.
(d) To leave a few figs for others.
5. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) The lion.
(c) The man.
(d) Both are equally strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who is fighting over a dead swan?
2. In "The Fox and the Billy Goat" what do we learn of the goat?
3. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
4. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
5. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
2. In "The Wolf and the Shepherd" what mistake does the shepherd commit?
3. In "The Mischievous Man" how does the man try to prove that the Oracle of Delphi is a fraud?
4. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
5. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why is he peacock not fit to be king?
6. In "The Ant" what does Zeus do to the farmer?
7. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
8. In "The Fox and the Bunch of Grapes" what does the fox call the grapes even though he has not tasted them?
9. In "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute" what does the wolf realize about his nature?
10. In "The Thirsty Pigeon" how does the pigeon break her wings?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)