|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ploughman and the Snake Who Had Killed his Son" who bites the ploughman's son?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) None of the above.
(c) An insect.
(d) A snake.
2. What item does the merchant sell in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) A piece of furniture.
(b) A tree.
(c) A statue.
(d) A book.
3. In "The Bird-catcher and the Asp" how does the bird catcher die?
(a) He is bitten by a scorpion.
(b) He is bitten by a dog.
(c) He is bitten by an asp.
(d) He is bitten by a spider.
4. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" what does the fox tell the jackdaw?
(a) To eat all the figs.
(b) Not to live on hope.
(c) Not to eat the figs.
(d) To leave a few figs for others.
5. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
(a) The lion.
(b) The man.
(c) Both are equally strong.
(d) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
2. In "The Murderer" who eats the man?
3. In "The Dog and the Shellfish" what animal does the dog swallow?
4. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
5. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute" what does the wolf realize about his nature?
2. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" how does the winner end up losing?
3. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus do when the frogs demand a King?
4. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
5. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
6. How does the fox get revenge against the eagle in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
7. What does Hermes learn about himself in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
8. In "The Oak Trees and Zeus" why do the oak trees appeal to Zeus for help?
9. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
10. In "The Dog Who Carried the Meat" how does the dog lose his piece of meat?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)