|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Seagull and the Kite" how does the gull rupture his gullet?
(a) By swallowing a crab.
(b) By swallowing a frog.
(c) By swallowing a fish.
(d) No answers are correct.
2. In "The Beaver" which animal's genital cures certain ailments?
(a) The stag's.
(b) The deer's.
(c) The beaver's.
(d) The bear's.
3. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
(a) The eagle.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The lion.
(d) The jackdaw.
4. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" which animal pounces on a sleeping dog?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A hound.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A lion.
5. What item does the merchant sell in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A book.
(c) A statue.
(d) A piece of furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Fox and the Bramble" what is the fox trying to do?
2. In "The Man Who Found a Golden Lion" the statue represents which animal?
3. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
4. In "The Raven and the Snake" who bites the hungry raven?
5. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
2. What does Hermes learn about himself in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
3. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
4. In "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute" what does the wolf realize about his nature?
5. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" why is the dolphin not able to help the lion?
6. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
7. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
8. In "The Fox and the Bunch of Grapes" what does the fox call the grapes even though he has not tasted them?
9. In "The Nightingale and the Hawk" what does the hawk say to the nightingale?
10. In "The Dog Who Carried the Meat" how does the dog lose his piece of meat?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)