Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A lion cub.
(c) A fox cub.
(d) A wolf cub.
2. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
(a) The reed and the apple tree.
(b) The apple and the oak tree.
(c) The reed and the olive tree.
(d) The olive and the oak tree.
3. In "The Men and Zeus" what is the gift given by Zeus to Man?
(a) Gift of power.
(b) Gift of voice.
(c) Gift of wisdom.
(d) Gift of speech.
4. In "The Hares and the Frogs" which animals decide to kill themselves?
(a) The hounds.
(b) The hares.
(c) The frogs.
(d) The cockerels.
5. In "The Crab and the Fox" what happens to the crab?
(a) He is stung by a shellfish.
(b) He is caught by fishermen.
(c) He is eaten by the fox.
(d) He is eaten by a stork.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
2. In "The Lion and the Wild Ass" whom does the lion share his food with?
3. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
4. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
5. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus throw into the water a second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" what does Zeus tell the snake?
2. In "The Monkey and the Camel" why is the camel driven away?
3. In "The Dog Who Carried the Meat" how does the dog lose his piece of meat?
4. In "The Lion and the Bull" what does the bull realize about the dinner at the lion's?
5. In "The Son and the Painted Lion" how does the old man's son die?
6. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" why does the owner kill his hen?
7. In "The Raven and Hermes" why can't the raven be trusted?
8. In "The Mouse and the Frog" how do the mouse and frog both die?
9. In "A Sick Raven" why will the sick raven not be cured?
10. In "The Ass and the Lap-dog" why does the ass get tied in the manger?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)