|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
(a) A company of partridges.
(b) A company of ravens.
(c) A company of roosters.
(d) A company of cicadas.
2. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
(a) A swan and a pig.
(b) A swan and a goose.
(c) A goose and a pig.
(d) A goose and a partridge.
3. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) Because his stomach swells.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because the hollow closes up.
(d) Because his whole body swells.
4. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is temporary.
(b) It is changeable.
(c) It is not changeable.
(d) It is permanent.
5. In "The Crested Lark" why does the lark get death penalty?
(a) Because she kills a fellow lark.
(b) Because she steals a piece of grain.
(c) Because she lies.
(d) Because she steals someone else's food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Fox and the Billy Goat" what do we learn of the goat?
2. Who asks for alms in "The Adder and the File"?
3. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
4. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" how many mistresses does the man have?
5. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
2. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
3. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" why does Zeus curse the tortoise?
4. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
5. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" how does the winner end up losing?
6. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
7. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
8. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" how does the mouse help the lion?
9. In "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute" what does the wolf realize about his nature?
10. In "The Hares and the Frogs" what makes the hares change their decision about drowning themselves?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)