|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Dog with a Bell" why does the owner tie a bell around the dog's neck?
(a) To decorate it's neck.
(b) To know where he is located.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) To warn people of the dog's approach.
2. In "The Camel and Zeus" which animal goes to Zeus to ask for horns?
(a) The stag.
(b) The ox.
(c) The antelope.
(d) The camel.
3. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
(a) An antelope.
(b) An ox.
(c) A stag.
(d) A deer.
4. In "The Fox and the Woodcutter" what do we learn of the fox?
(a) That he is as cunning as ever.
(b) That he is brave.
(c) That he is wise.
(d) That is he very dumb.
5. What item does the merchant sell in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A statue.
(c) A piece of furniture.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lion and the Wild Boar" whom does the lion fight with?
2. In "The Chariot of Hermes and the Arabs" whom does Hermes call liars and cheaters?
3. In "The Raven and Hermes" which animal is caught in a snare?
4. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
5. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
2. In "The Beaver" what does the beaver do to protect himself?
3. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" how does the mouse help the lion?
4. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
5. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" why does the eagle protect the ploughman from the collapsing wall?
6. In "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute" what does the wolf realize about his nature?
7. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" why does the man lose all his hair?
8. In "The Hares and the Frogs" what makes the hares change their decision about drowning themselves?
9. In "The Kite Who Neighed" what happens to the kite?
10. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" why is the dolphin not able to help the lion?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)