|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hermes and the Artisans" what does Zeus ask Hermes to do?
(a) Pour poison of lies on all the animals.
(b) Pour poison of lies on all the artisans.
(c) Pour poison of lies on all the Gods.
(d) Pour poison of lies on man.
2. In "The Dog Who Chased a Lion, and the Fox" which animal is the dog chasing?
(a) A lion.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A fox.
(d) A hare.
3. Who asks for alms in "The Adder and the File"?
(a) A fox.
(b) An ox.
(c) An adder.
(d) A lamb.
4. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
(a) A basket of food.
(b) A pot of gold.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) A new plough.
5. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
2. In "The Starving Dogs" what do the dogs find?
3. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
4. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
5. In "Zeus and the Snake" from which animal does Zeus refuse to take a wedding gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" why does the man lose all his hair?
2. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion manage to eat all the oxen one by one?
3. In "The Reed and the Olive" what happens to the olive tree?
4. In "The Raven and Hermes" why can't the raven be trusted?
5. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" how does the winner end up losing?
6. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
7. In "The Mischievous Man" how does the man try to prove that the Oracle of Delphi is a fraud?
8. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
9. In "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute" what does the wolf realize about his nature?
10. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" why is the dolphin not able to help the lion?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)