|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Reed and the Olive" which tree snaps?
(a) The oak tree.
(b) The reed tree.
(c) The apple tree.
(d) The olive tree.
2. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
(a) A new plough.
(b) A basket of food.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) A pot of gold.
3. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
(a) The hounds.
(b) The wolves.
(c) The hares.
(d) The eagles.
4. In "The Cat and the Hens" which animal disguises himself?
(a) A hen.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
5. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is permanent.
(b) It is temporary.
(c) It is not changeable.
(d) It is changeable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bird-catcher and the Asp" how does the bird catcher die?
2. Whose statue is being offered for free in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
3. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
4. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" how many mistresses does the man have?
5. In "The Fox and the Bramble" what is the fox trying to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Dog Who Carried the Meat" how does the dog lose his piece of meat?
2. In "The Fox and the Monkey Elected King" what does the fox do to the monkey?
3. In "The House-ferret and Aphrodite" why does Aphrodite change the girl back into a ferret?
4. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" why is the dolphin not able to help the lion?
5. In "The Nightingale and the Hawk" what does the hawk say to the nightingale?
6. In "Zeus, Prometheus, Athena, and Momos" why is Momos banished from the Olympus?
7. In "A Sick Raven" why will the sick raven not be cured?
8. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" how does the mouse help the lion?
9. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" why does the fox ask the jackdaw to stop living on hope?
10. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)