|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
(d) A woman.
2. In "The Wolf and the Ass" who reveals the wolf's truth?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A fox.
(c) The ass.
(d) Other wolves.
3. In "The Wolves and the Sheep" whom do the wolves slaughter?
(a) The dogs.
(b) An elephant.
(c) The sheep.
(d) The sheep dogs.
4. In "The Bat, the Bramble and the Gull" which animals decide to go trading together.
(a) The gull and the bramble.
(b) The bat and the gull.
(c) The bat, the bramble, and the gull.
(d) The bat and the bramble.
5. In "The Traveler and Hermes" whom does the traveler meet?
(d) Another traveller.
6. In "The Child Catching Locusts and the Scorpion" how does the child die?
(a) A raven kills the child.
(b) He falls down and injures his head.
(c) A handle falls on his head.
(d) A wolf eats it up.
7. In "The Boastful Swallow and the Crow" whom does the swallow boast of being?
(a) A Greek Goddess of beauty.
(b) An Athenian princess.
(c) An Egyptian princess.
(d) A Greek Goddess.
8. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" what does the farmer do to his hen?
(a) He sells.
(b) He gifts it to the Gods.
(c) He feeds her.
(d) He kills her.
9. In "The Wolf and the Young Lamb Taking Refuge in a Temple" who is pursuing the lamb?
(a) The fox.
(b) The hyena.
(c) The wolf.
(d) The lion.
10. In "The Snake and the Crab" what does the crab do to the snake?
(a) Feeds him.
(b) Bites him.
(c) Kills him.
(d) He befriends him.
11. In "The Hen and the Swallow" whose eggs does the hen sit on?
(a) Ostrich's eggs.
(b) Cicada's eggs.
(c) Jackdaw's eggs.
(d) Snake's eggs.
12. What happens to the passengers aboard a ship in "The Sea Voyagers"?
(a) Some of them drown.
(b) They drown.
(c) They are rescued from drowning by fishermen.
(d) They are saved from the storm.
13. In "The Sow and the Dog Insulting One Another" whom does the sow want to tear to pieces?
(a) The wolf.
(b) The fox.
(c) The goat.
(d) The dog.
14. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" why does the ferret get angry at the parrot?
(a) Because the parrot is fed more than the ferret.
(b) Because the parrot can get away with loud noises.
(c) Because the parrot is pet more than the ferret.
(d) Because the parrot is loved more than the ferret.
15. How many pouches are bestowed upon man when he is created?
(a) Ten pouches.
(b) Five pouches.
(c) Two pouches.
(d) Three pouches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bull and the Wild Goats" whom is the lion chasing?
2. In "The Traveler and Truth" who is Truth?
3. In "The Bald Horseman" why do people laugh at the bald man?
4. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" what does the woodcutter lose?
5. In "The Ass Pronouncing the Horse Happy" which animal does the ass envy?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)