|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Piraeus?
(a) A singer.
(b) A God.
(c) A mathematician.
(d) A painter.
2. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why do all the birds meet up?
(a) To decide on who among them is the most beautiful.
(b) To decide on a king.
(c) To decide who among them is the most intelligent.
(d) To decide on how to protect themselves.
3. In "The Ass Clothed in the Skin of a Lion, and the Fox" why does the ass cloth himself in the skin of a lion?
(a) To frighten everyone.
(b) To kill other animals.
(c) To roar like a lion.
(d) To become king of the jungle.
4. Who is Polemos?
(a) God of beauty.
(b) God of war.
(c) God of victory.
(d) God of vengence
5. In "The Snake and the Crab" what does the crab do to the snake?
(a) Feeds him.
(b) Kills him.
(c) Bites him.
(d) He befriends him.
6. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
(a) The wolf.
(b) The fox.
(c) A donkey.
(d) The horse.
7. In "The Ass and the Cicadas" whom is the ass jealous of?
8. In "Winter and Spring" which two seasons are arguing?
(a) Winter and fall.
(b) Winter and spring.
(c) Summer and Winter.
(d) Summer and spring.
9. In "The Traveler and Hermes" whom does the traveler meet?
(a) Another traveller.
10. Why does the owner beat up his animal the ass in "The Ass Carrying a Statue of a God"?
(a) The ass refuses to move.
(b) The ass starts braying too loudly.
(c) The ass starts bowing to people.
(d) The ass starts kicking people.
11. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" what is the wolf proud of?
(a) His howling.
(b) His shadow.
(c) His cunning nature.
(d) His tail.
12. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" which bird does the man buy?
(a) A cicada.
(b) A nightingale.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A parrot.
13. In "The Diviner" what happens to the diviner's house?
(a) It is robbed.
(b) None of the above.
(c) It is burnt down.
(d) It is buried.
14. In "The Wolf and the Young Lamb Taking Refuge in a Temple" who is pursuing the lamb?
(a) The hyena.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The fox.
(d) The lion.
15. In "The Hyenas" what do we come to know about the hyenas?
(a) They change sex every year.
(b) They change sex every four years.
(c) They change sex every two years.
(d) They change sex every three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Ass and the Frogs" what is the ass carrying?
2. In "The Bird-catcher and the Stork" whom does the bird catcher catch?
3. In "The Sick Man and the Doctor" what is the sick man dying of?
4. In "The Mole and His Mother" what does the mole tell his mother?
5. In "The Bull and the Wild Goats" whom is the lion chasing?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)