|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Swallow and the Crow Obstinately Contending over Their Beauty" which two birds are arguing?
(a) The Swallow and the crow.
(b) The swallow and the jackdaw.
(c) The swallow and the cicada.
(d) The swallow and the nightingale.
2. What happens to the passengers aboard a ship in "The Sea Voyagers"?
(a) They drown.
(b) They are rescued from drowning by fishermen.
(c) Some of them drown.
(d) They are saved from the storm.
3. In "The Hen and the Swallow" whose eggs does the hen sit on?
(a) Cicada's eggs.
(b) Ostrich's eggs.
(c) Jackdaw's eggs.
(d) Snake's eggs.
4. In "The Bat, the Bramble and the Gull" which animals decide to go trading together.
(a) The bat, the bramble, and the gull.
(b) The gull and the bramble.
(c) The bat and the bramble.
(d) The bat and the gull.
5. In "The Ass, the Cock and the Lion" which animal does the lion eat?
(a) A Cock.
(b) An Ass.
(c) A fox.
(d) A wolf.
6. Who is Piraeus?
(a) A mathematician.
(b) A painter.
(c) A singer.
(d) A God.
7. In "The Mole and His Mother" what does the mole tell his mother?
(a) That he can see.
(b) That he is blind.
(c) That he can hunt for himself.
(d) That he wants to be alone.
8. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why do all the birds meet up?
(a) To decide on who among them is the most beautiful.
(b) To decide on a king.
(c) To decide on how to protect themselves.
(d) To decide who among them is the most intelligent.
9. Why is the ass screaming in "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf?
(a) Because a wolf is biting his tail.
(b) Because he has sore that is being picked by a raven.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Because the master is hitting him.
10. In "The Tortoise and the Hare" who wins the race?
(a) Both win.
(b) The tortoise.
(c) They never finish the race.
(d) The hare.
11. Who wakes up the traveler in "The Traveler and Chance"?
12. In "The Fly" who falls into a pot of meat?
(a) A worm.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A fly.
13. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" what is the wolf proud of?
(a) His shadow.
(b) His howling.
(c) His cunning nature.
(d) His tail.
14. In "The Bald Horseman" why do people laugh at the bald man?
(a) Because his wig catches fire.
(b) Because he falls down.
(c) Because his wig does not come off of his head.
(d) Because his wig falls off.
15. In "The Injured Wolf and the Ewe" whom does the wolf ask for help?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A lamb.
(c) An ewe.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wolf and the Goat" which animal is the wolf trying to trick?
2. In "The Satisfied Wolf and the Ewe" whom does the wolf see lying on its own back?
3. In "The Mice and the House-ferrets" who is at war?
4. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" which two flowers are comparing themselves?
5. In "The Two Carrying-pouches" who creates man?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)