|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Bald Horseman" why do people laugh at the bald man?
(a) Because his wig falls off.
(b) Because his wig does not come off of his head.
(c) Because his wig catches fire.
(d) Because he falls down.
2. In "The Ass and the Frogs" what is the ass carrying?
(a) He is carrying a load of wood.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He is carrying a load of salt.
(d) He is carrying a load of sponges.
3. Why does the owner beat up his animal the ass in "The Ass Carrying a Statue of a God"?
(a) The ass starts braying too loudly.
(b) The ass refuses to move.
(c) The ass starts bowing to people.
(d) The ass starts kicking people.
4. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Cubs" who destroys the shepherd's sheep?
(a) The lion.
(b) The fox.
(c) The wolf.
(d) The hyena.
5. In "The Wolf and the Young Lamb Taking Refuge in a Temple" who is pursuing the lamb?
(a) The lion.
(b) The hyena.
(c) The fox.
(d) The wolf.
6. In "The Wild Boar, the Horse and the Huntsman" which two animals share pasture?
(a) Goat and the horse.
(b) Wild boar and horse.
(c) Sheep and the goats
(d) Wild boar and the sheep.
7. In "The Two Carrying-pouches" who creates man?
(d) None of the above.
8. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" what does the shepherd decide to go in to?
9. In "The Young Wastrel and the Swallow" what does the man lose?
(a) His cloak.
(b) His hat.
(c) His wig.
(d) His shoes.
10. In "The Travelers and the Ax" what do the two travelers find?
(a) An axe.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) A hammer.
11. In "The Child Catching Locusts and the Scorpion" how does the child die?
(a) A wolf eats it up.
(b) A handle falls on his head.
(c) He falls down and injures his head.
(d) A raven kills the child.
12. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" what is the wolf proud of?
(a) His howling.
(b) His cunning nature.
(c) His shadow.
(d) His tail.
13. In "The Child Thief and His Mother" why does the man go to jail?
(a) Because he is a thief.
(b) Because he is a murderer.
(c) Because he is a liar.
(d) Because he is a poacher.
14. In "The Hen and the Swallow" whose eggs does the hen sit on?
(a) Ostrich's eggs.
(b) Snake's eggs.
(c) Jackdaw's eggs.
(d) Cicada's eggs.
15. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" why does the ferret get angry at the parrot?
(a) Because the parrot is pet more than the ferret.
(b) Because the parrot is fed more than the ferret.
(c) Because the parrot is loved more than the ferret.
(d) Because the parrot can get away with loud noises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Piraeus?
2. In "The Injured Wolf and the Ewe" whom does the wolf ask for help?
3. In "The Lion Who was Afraid of a Mouse, and the Fox" which animal runs over the sleeping lion?
4. In "The Archer and the Lion" which is the animal that does not flee?
5. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why do all the birds meet up?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)