|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ass and the Ass-driver" why does the ass driver let go off the ass?
(a) Because it brays into his ears.
(b) Because it's tail comes off.
(c) Because it struggles too much.
(d) Because it kicks him.
2. In "The Young Wastrel and the Swallow" what does the man lose?
(a) His cloak.
(b) His wig.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His hat.
3. Who is Horoks?
(a) A singer.
(b) A God.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A local.
4. In "The Hyenas" what do we come to know about the hyenas?
(a) They change sex every four years.
(b) They change sex every year.
(c) They change sex every three years.
(d) They change sex every two years.
5. Who is Piraeus?
(a) A God.
(b) A singer.
(c) A mathematician.
(d) A painter.
6. In "The Ass Clothed in the Skin of a Lion, and the Fox" why does the ass cloth himself in the skin of a lion?
(a) To frighten everyone.
(b) To kill other animals.
(c) To roar like a lion.
(d) To become king of the jungle.
7. In "Prometheus and Men" what does Prometheus create?
(a) Only men.
(b) Only beasts.
(d) Men and beasts.
8. Which two Gods marry in "Polemos and Hybris"?
(a) Polemos and Zeus.
(b) Polemus and Herakles.
(c) Polemos and Hybris.
(d) They do not marry.
9. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
(a) Because his gold is missing.
(b) Because his gold has come down in value.
(c) Because his gold is stolen.
(d) Because he did not do anything with it when he had it.
10. In "The Child Thief and His Mother" why does the man go to jail?
(a) Because he is a liar.
(b) Because he is a thief.
(c) Because he is a poacher.
(d) Because he is a murderer.
11. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
(a) The horse.
(b) A donkey.
(c) The fox.
(d) The wolf.
12. In "The Bird-catcher and the Partridge" whom does the bird catcher kill?
(a) A cicada.
(b) A partridge.
(c) A stork.
(d) A jackdaw.
13. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" which two flowers are comparing themselves?
(a) The amarynth and the lilies.
(b) The rose and the amarynth.
(c) The rose and poppies.
(d) The rose and the lilies.
14. In "The Lion Who was Afraid of a Mouse, and the Fox" which animal runs over the sleeping lion?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A fox.
(c) A snake.
(d) A beetle.
15. In "The Swallow and the Serpent" who eats the swallow's eggs?
(a) A cat.
(b) None of the above.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A serpent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wolf and the Heron" who helps the wolf get a bone out of his throat?
2. In "The Cicada and the Fox" whom does the fox hear singing?
3. In "The Monkey's Children" how many kids does the monkey give birth to?
4. In "The Sick Man and the Doctor" what is the sick man dying of?
5. In "The Mouse and the Frog" which animals ties his foot to that of a mouse's?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)