|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why do all the birds meet up?
(a) To decide on a king.
(b) To decide who among them is the most intelligent.
(c) To decide on how to protect themselves.
(d) To decide on who among them is the most beautiful.
2. In "The Bees and Zeus" what does Zeus grant to the bees?
(a) The ability to make honey.
(b) The ability to sting.
(c) The ability to make a hive.
(d) The ability to buzz.
3. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" why does the ferret get angry at the parrot?
(a) Because the parrot is fed more than the ferret.
(b) Because the parrot is pet more than the ferret.
(c) Because the parrot can get away with loud noises.
(d) Because the parrot is loved more than the ferret.
4. In "The Bird-catcher and the Partridge" whom does the bird catcher kill?
(a) A stork.
(b) A jackdaw.
(c) A partridge.
(d) A cicada.
5. Who is Horoks?
(a) A God.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A singer.
(d) A local.
6. In "The Pots" which two kinds of pots float in a river?
(a) An earthenware pot and a bronze pot.
(b) A ceramic pot and a gold pot.
(c) An earthenware pot and a silver pot.
(d) A ceramic and a iron pot.
7. Who is Piraeus?
(a) A painter.
(b) A singer.
(c) A God.
(d) A mathematician.
8. In "The Ass and the Ass-driver" why does the ass driver let go off the ass?
(a) Because it kicks him.
(b) Because it struggles too much.
(c) Because it's tail comes off.
(d) Because it brays into his ears.
9. In "The Bald Horseman" why do people laugh at the bald man?
(a) Because his wig catches fire.
(b) Because his wig does not come off of his head.
(c) Because his wig falls off.
(d) Because he falls down.
10. In "The Wolf and the Heron" who helps the wolf get a bone out of his throat?
(a) A heron.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A lion.
(d) A fox.
11. In "The Sick Man and the Doctor" what is the sick man dying of?
(b) Old age.
(c) Serious infection.
(d) Good symptoms.
12. In "The Diviner" what happens to the diviner's house?
(a) It is robbed.
(b) It is burnt down.
(c) None of the above.
(d) It is buried.
13. In "The Wolf and the Ass" who reveals the wolf's truth?
(a) Other wolves.
(b) A fox.
(c) A hyena.
(d) The ass.
14. In "The Traveler and Truth" who is Truth?
(a) An angel.
(b) A God.
(c) A woman.
(d) A man.
15. In "The Ass Pronouncing the Horse Happy" which animal does the ass envy?
(a) The lion.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The fox.
(d) The horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wolf and the Young Lamb Taking Refuge in a Temple" who is pursuing the lamb?
2. In "The Traveler and Hermes" whom does the traveler meet?
3. In "The Partridge and the Man" whom does the man catch?
4. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
5. In "Prometheus and Men" what does Prometheus create?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)