|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Child Thief and His Mother" why does the man go to jail?
(a) Because he is a liar.
(b) Because he is a thief.
(c) Because he is a poacher.
(d) Because he is a murderer.
2. In "The Bull and the Wild Goats" whom is the lion chasing?
(a) A stag.
(b) A fox.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bull.
3. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal has the lion called home for dinner?
(b) A bull.
(c) A tortoise.
(d) A fox.
4. In "The Boastful Swallow and the Crow" whom does the swallow boast of being?
(a) A Greek Goddess of beauty.
(b) An Egyptian princess.
(c) A Greek Goddess.
(d) An Athenian princess.
5. In "The Bird-catcher and the Stork" whom does the bird catcher catch?
(a) A jackdaw.
(b) A stork.
(c) A cicada.
(d) A rooster.
6. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" whom is the wolf accusing?
(a) The lamb.
(b) The fox.
(c) The goat.
(d) The hyena.
7. In "The Wolf and the Ass" who reveals the wolf's truth?
(a) A fox.
(b) A hyena.
(c) Other wolves.
(d) The ass.
8. In "The Traveler and Truth" who is Truth?
(a) A man.
(b) A woman.
(c) An angel.
(d) A God.
9. In "The Young Men and the Butcher" what do the two men do?
(a) They kill the butcher.
(b) They hurt the butcher.
(c) They steal from the butcher.
(d) They paint everything in his shop.
10. In Fable 293 what is the child catching?
11. In "The Ass Clothed in the Skin of a Lion, and the Fox" why does the ass cloth himself in the skin of a lion?
(a) To roar like a lion.
(b) To frighten everyone.
(c) To become king of the jungle.
(d) To kill other animals.
12. In "The Travelers and the Ax" what do the two travelers find?
(a) An axe.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) A hammer.
13. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
(a) He breaks his shell.
(b) He is eaten by some wild animals.
(c) He falls to the ground from the air and dies.
(d) He gets injured and dies.
14. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" what is the wolf proud of?
(a) His shadow.
(b) His cunning nature.
(c) His howling.
(d) His tail.
15. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
(a) Because his gold is missing.
(b) Because his gold has come down in value.
(c) Because he did not do anything with it when he had it.
(d) Because his gold is stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Traveler and Hermes" whom does the traveler meet?
2. In "The Wolf and the Heron" who helps the wolf get a bone out of his throat?
3. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
4. In "The Bird-catcher and the Partridge" whom does the bird catcher kill?
5. In "The Swallow and the Crow Obstinately Contending over Their Beauty" which two birds are arguing?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)