|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
(b) A woman.
2. In "The Ass Clothed in the Skin of a Lion, and the Fox" why does the ass cloth himself in the skin of a lion?
(a) To roar like a lion.
(b) To become king of the jungle.
(c) To frighten everyone.
(d) To kill other animals.
3. In "The Bees and Zeus" what does Zeus grant to the bees?
(a) The ability to make honey.
(b) The ability to buzz.
(c) The ability to make a hive.
(d) The ability to sting.
4. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" which animal appeals to Zeus?
(a) The wolf.
(b) The fox.
(c) The snake.
(d) The ass.
5. Whom does the ass kick in"The Ass Pretending to Be Lame, and the Wolf"?
(a) The horse.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The fox.
(d) A donkey.
6. In "The Shepherd and the Sea" what does the shepherd decide to go in to?
7. In "The Bandit and the Mulberry Tree" the bandit is hung from which tree?
(a) An apple tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A mulberry tree.
(d) A fig tree.
8. In "The Traveler and Hermes" whom does the traveler meet?
(d) Another traveller.
9. In "The Wolf and the Young Lamb Taking Refuge in a Temple" who is pursuing the lamb?
(a) The lion.
(b) The hyena.
(c) The fox.
(d) The wolf.
10. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" which two flowers are comparing themselves?
(a) The amarynth and the lilies.
(b) The rose and the lilies.
(c) The rose and the amarynth.
(d) The rose and poppies.
11. In "The Young Men and the Butcher" what do the two men do?
(a) They kill the butcher.
(b) They steal from the butcher.
(c) They hurt the butcher.
(d) They paint everything in his shop.
12. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" what does the farmer do to his hen?
(a) He kills her.
(b) He gifts it to the Gods.
(c) He sells.
(d) He feeds her.
13. In "The Ass and the Frogs" what is the ass carrying?
(a) He is carrying a load of wood.
(b) He is carrying a load of salt.
(c) He is carrying a load of sponges.
(d) None of the above.
14. In "The Ass and the Dog Traveling Together" what do the ass and dog find?
(a) A letter.
(b) A twig.
(c) A bone.
(d) A piece of cookie.
15. In "The Wasp and the Snake" whom does the wasp sting?
(a) The snake.
(b) The sheep.
(c) The wolf.
(d) The fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Snake and the Crab" what does the crab do to the snake?
2. In "The Wild Geese and the Cranes" who dies at the hunters' hands?
3. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" what does the woodcutter lose?
4. Who is Hybris?
5. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" which bird does the man buy?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)