|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Piraeus?
(a) A painter.
(b) A God.
(c) A mathematician.
(d) A singer.
2. In "The Ass and the Ass-driver" why does the ass driver let go off the ass?
(a) Because it brays into his ears.
(b) Because it struggles too much.
(c) Because it's tail comes off.
(d) Because it kicks him.
3. In "The Swallow and the Crow Obstinately Contending over Their Beauty" which two birds are arguing?
(a) The swallow and the jackdaw.
(b) The Swallow and the crow.
(c) The swallow and the nightingale.
(d) The swallow and the cicada.
4. In "The Bald Horseman" why do people laugh at the bald man?
(a) Because his wig does not come off of his head.
(b) Because he falls down.
(c) Because his wig catches fire.
(d) Because his wig falls off.
5. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why do all the birds meet up?
(a) To decide on who among them is the most beautiful.
(b) To decide who among them is the most intelligent.
(c) To decide on a king.
(d) To decide on how to protect themselves.
6. In "The Ass and the Cicadas" whom is the ass jealous of?
7. In "The Ass and the Dog Traveling Together" what do the ass and dog find?
(a) A bone.
(b) A piece of cookie.
(c) A letter.
(d) A twig.
8. In "The Monkey and the Camel" which animal dances badly?
(a) The lion.
(b) The camel.
(c) The ass.
(d) The monkey.
9. In "The Satisfied Wolf and the Ewe" whom does the wolf see lying on its own back?
(a) A dog.
(b) A hyena.
(c) An ewe.
(d) A fox.
10. In "The Travelers and the Ax" what do the two travelers find?
(a) An axe.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A pair of scissors.
11. In "The Ass and the Frogs" what is the ass carrying?
(a) He is carrying a load of sponges.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He is carrying a load of salt.
(d) He is carrying a load of wood.
12. In "The Monkey's Children" how many kids does the monkey give birth to?
13. In "The Child Thief and His Mother" why does the man go to jail?
(a) Because he is a thief.
(b) Because he is a liar.
(c) Because he is a poacher.
(d) Because he is a murderer.
14. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" which two flowers are comparing themselves?
(a) The rose and poppies.
(b) The rose and the lilies.
(c) The rose and the amarynth.
(d) The amarynth and the lilies.
15. Who is Polemos?
(a) God of war.
(b) God of victory.
(c) God of beauty.
(d) God of vengence
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
2. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" why does the ferret get angry at the parrot?
3. In "The Swallow and the Serpent" who eats the swallow's eggs?
4. In "The Hyenas" what do we come to know about the hyenas?
5. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)