|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" why does the ferret get angry at the parrot?
(a) Because the parrot is loved more than the ferret.
(b) Because the parrot is fed more than the ferret.
(c) Because the parrot is pet more than the ferret.
(d) Because the parrot can get away with loud noises.
2. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" what is the wolf proud of?
(a) His shadow.
(b) His tail.
(c) His cunning nature.
(d) His howling.
3. In "The Wild Boar, the Horse and the Huntsman" which two animals share pasture?
(a) Sheep and the goats
(b) Goat and the horse.
(c) Wild boar and horse.
(d) Wild boar and the sheep.
4. In "The Mouse and the Frog" which animals ties his foot to that of a mouse's?
(a) The house ferret.
(b) The tortoise.
(c) The frog.
(d) The beetle.
5. In "The Wasp and the Snake" whom does the wasp sting?
(a) The sheep.
(b) The fox.
(c) The snake.
(d) The wolf.
6. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
(a) He falls to the ground from the air and dies.
(b) He breaks his shell.
(c) He gets injured and dies.
(d) He is eaten by some wild animals.
7. In "The Peacock and the Jackdaw" why do all the birds meet up?
(a) To decide on a king.
(b) To decide on who among them is the most beautiful.
(c) To decide who among them is the most intelligent.
(d) To decide on how to protect themselves.
8. In "The Swallow and the Crow Obstinately Contending over Their Beauty" which two birds are arguing?
(a) The Swallow and the crow.
(b) The swallow and the cicada.
(c) The swallow and the jackdaw.
(d) The swallow and the nightingale.
9. In "The Monkey and the Camel" which animal dances badly?
(a) The ass.
(b) The lion.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The camel.
10. In "The Ass and the Lap-dog" whom is the ass jealous of?
(a) The dog.
(b) The horse.
(c) The fox.
(d) The wolf.
11. In "The Partridge and the Man" whom does the man catch?
(a) A jackdaw.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A cicadal.
(d) A partridge.
12. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" what does the woodcutter lose?
(a) His logs.
(b) His cloak.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) His axe.
13. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" whom is the wolf accusing?
(a) The lamb.
(b) The fox.
(c) The hyena.
(d) The goat.
14. In "The Hen and the Swallow" whose eggs does the hen sit on?
(a) Ostrich's eggs.
(b) Cicada's eggs.
(c) Snake's eggs.
(d) Jackdaw's eggs.
15. In "The Travelers and the Ax" what do the two travelers find?
(a) An axe.
(b) A dead animal.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A pair of scissors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Satisfied Wolf and the Ewe" whom does the wolf see lying on its own back?
2. In "The Child Catching Locusts and the Scorpion" how does the child die?
3. In "The Wild Boar and the Fox what is the wild boar doing?
4. Why is the ass screaming in "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf?
5. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)