|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Prometheus and Men" what does Prometheus create?
(a) Only beasts.
(b) Men and beasts.
(d) Only men.
2. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" whom is the wolf accusing?
(a) The goat.
(b) The hyena.
(c) The fox.
(d) The lamb.
3. In "The Hyenas" what do we come to know about the hyenas?
(a) They change sex every year.
(b) They change sex every four years.
(c) They change sex every three years.
(d) They change sex every two years.
4. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" which two flowers are comparing themselves?
(a) The amarynth and the lilies.
(b) The rose and the lilies.
(c) The rose and poppies.
(d) The rose and the amarynth.
5. In "The Tortoise and the Hare" who wins the race?
(a) The tortoise.
(b) The hare.
(c) They never finish the race.
(d) Both win.
6. In "The Bat and the House-ferrets" which animal is caught by the house ferret?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A worm.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A bat.
7. In "The Shepherd and the Wolf Raised with the Dogs" whom does the shepherd hang from a tree?
(a) The fox.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The hyena.
(d) The dog.
8. In "The Young Men and the Butcher" what do the two men do?
(a) They steal from the butcher.
(b) They paint everything in his shop.
(c) They hurt the butcher.
(d) They kill the butcher.
9. Why are the asses appealing to Zeus in "The Asses Appealing to Zeus" ?
(a) To give them a lovely voice.
(b) To beauty them.
(c) To make them stronger.
(d) To lighten their workload.
10. In "The Travelers and the Ax" what do the two travelers find?
(a) An axe.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A dead animal.
(d) A pair of scissors.
11. In "The Trodden-on Snake and Zeus" which animal appeals to Zeus?
(a) The ass.
(b) The snake.
(c) The wolf.
(d) The fox.
12. In "The Ass and the Frogs" what is the ass carrying?
(a) He is carrying a load of salt.
(b) He is carrying a load of wood.
(c) He is carrying a load of sponges.
(d) None of the above.
13. In "The Partridge and the Man" whom does the man catch?
(a) A jackdaw.
(b) A partridge.
(c) A cicadal.
(d) A rooster.
14. In "The Bald Horseman" why do people laugh at the bald man?
(a) Because his wig catches fire.
(b) Because his wig does not come off of his head.
(c) Because his wig falls off.
(d) Because he falls down.
15. In "The Boastful Swallow and the Crow" whom does the swallow boast of being?
(a) A Greek Goddess of beauty.
(b) A Greek Goddess.
(c) An Egyptian princess.
(d) An Athenian princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Polemos?
2. In "The Traveler and Truth" who is Truth?
3. In "The Miser" why does the miser cry out in despair?
4. In "The Bird-catcher and the Partridge" whom does the bird catcher kill?
5. In "The Wild Boar, the Horse and the Huntsman" which two animals share pasture?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)