|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Hyenas" what do we come to know about the hyenas?
(a) They change sex every two years.
(b) They change sex every year.
(c) They change sex every three years.
(d) They change sex every four years.
2. In "The Sick Man and the Doctor" what is the sick man dying of?
(a) Serious infection.
(c) Old age.
(d) Good symptoms.
3. In "The Child Catching Locusts and the Scorpion" how does the child die?
(a) A handle falls on his head.
(b) He falls down and injures his head.
(c) A wolf eats it up.
(d) A raven kills the child.
4. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" why does the ferret get angry at the parrot?
(a) Because the parrot is fed more than the ferret.
(b) Because the parrot is pet more than the ferret.
(c) Because the parrot can get away with loud noises.
(d) Because the parrot is loved more than the ferret.
5. In "The Sow and the Dog Insulting One Another" whom does the sow want to tear to pieces?
(a) The dog.
(b) The wolf.
(c) The goat.
(d) The fox.
6. In "The Monkey's Children" how many kids does the monkey give birth to?
7. In "The Swallow and the Serpent" who eats the swallow's eggs?
(a) A serpent.
(b) A cat.
(c) A monkey.
(d) None of the above.
8. In "The Wolf and the Heron" who helps the wolf get a bone out of his throat?
(a) A fox.
(b) A lion.
(c) A heron.
(d) A mouse.
9. In "The Swallow and the Crow Obstinately Contending over Their Beauty" which two birds are arguing?
(a) The swallow and the jackdaw.
(b) The Swallow and the crow.
(c) The swallow and the nightingale.
(d) The swallow and the cicada.
10. In "The Begging Priests of Cybele" which animal's skin is used to make drums?
(a) The wolf's.
(b) The ass'es.
(c) The pig's.
(d) The donkey's.
11. In "The Castaway and the Sea" whom is the castaway baling for his misfortune?
(a) The sea.
(b) The sailor.
(c) The ship.
(d) No answers are correct.
12. In "The Young Wastrel and the Swallow" what does the man lose?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His wig.
(c) His hat.
(d) His cloak.
13. How many pouches are bestowed upon man when he is created?
(a) Five pouches.
(b) Three pouches.
(c) Ten pouches.
(d) Two pouches.
14. In "The Lion Who was Afraid of a Mouse, and the Fox" which animal runs over the sleeping lion?
(a) A snake.
(b) A fox.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A mouse.
15. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" what does the woodcutter lose?
(a) His logs.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) His cloak.
(d) His axe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wild Geese and the Cranes" who dies at the hunters' hands?
2. In "The Mole and His Mother" what does the mole tell his mother?
3. Who is Polemos?
4. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
5. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)