|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ass and the Frogs" what is the ass carrying?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He is carrying a load of wood.
(c) He is carrying a load of salt.
(d) He is carrying a load of sponges.
2. In "The Rose and the Amaranth" which two flowers are comparing themselves?
(a) The amarynth and the lilies.
(b) The rose and the lilies.
(c) The rose and poppies.
(d) The rose and the amarynth.
3. In "The Pots" which two kinds of pots float in a river?
(a) A ceramic and a iron pot.
(b) An earthenware pot and a silver pot.
(c) A ceramic pot and a gold pot.
(d) An earthenware pot and a bronze pot.
4. In "The Wild Boar, the Horse and the Huntsman" which two animals share pasture?
(a) Sheep and the goats
(b) Goat and the horse.
(c) Wild boar and horse.
(d) Wild boar and the sheep.
5. In "The Two Carrying-pouches" who creates man?
(d) None of the above.
6. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" what does the woodcutter lose?
(a) His cloak.
(b) His axe.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) His logs.
7. Who is Horoks?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A singer.
(c) A God.
(d) A local.
8. In "The Ass Pronouncing the Horse Happy" which animal does the ass envy?
(a) The fox.
(b) The horse.
(c) The lion.
(d) The wolf.
9. In "The Bull and the Wild Goats" whom is the lion chasing?
(a) A fox.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A stag.
(d) A bull.
10. In "The Lion Who was Afraid of a Mouse, and the Fox" which animal runs over the sleeping lion?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A snake.
(d) A fox.
11. In "The Wolf and the Lion" who eats the lamb after the wolf steals it?
(a) The fox.
(b) The lion.
(c) A hyena.
(d) The wolf.
12. Who is Hybris?
(a) Goddess of fortune.
(b) Goddes of wisdom.
(c) Goddess of wealth.
(d) Goddess of wanton.
13. What happens to the passengers aboard a ship in "The Sea Voyagers"?
(a) They are saved from the storm.
(b) Some of them drown.
(c) They are rescued from drowning by fishermen.
(d) They drown.
14. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" which bird does the man buy?
(a) A nightingale.
(b) A ferret.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A cicada.
15. In "The Partridge and the Man" whom does the man catch?
(a) A partridge.
(b) A jackdaw.
(c) A cicadal.
(d) A rooster.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Wasp and the Snake" whom does the wasp sting?
2. In "The Bald Horseman" why do people laugh at the bald man?
3. In "Winter and Spring" which two seasons are arguing?
4. In "The Traveler and Hermes" whom does the traveler meet?
5. In "The Bandit and the Mulberry Tree" the bandit is hung from which tree?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)