|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Hyenas" what do we come to know about the hyenas?
(a) They change sex every four years.
(b) They change sex every two years.
(c) They change sex every three years.
(d) They change sex every year.
2. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
(c) A woman.
3. In "The Parrot and the House-ferret" which bird does the man buy?
(a) A ferret.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A cicada.
(d) A nightingale.
4. Who is Polemos?
(a) God of war.
(b) God of vengence
(c) God of beauty.
(d) God of victory.
5. In "The Lion Who was Afraid of a Mouse, and the Fox" which animal runs over the sleeping lion?
(a) A snake.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A fox.
6. Who is Hybris?
(a) Goddess of wanton.
(b) Goddess of fortune.
(c) Goddess of wealth.
(d) Goddes of wisdom.
7. In "The Tortoise and the Eagle" how does the tortoise die?
(a) He gets injured and dies.
(b) He is eaten by some wild animals.
(c) He falls to the ground from the air and dies.
(d) He breaks his shell.
8. In "The Mice and the House-ferrets" who is at war?
(a) The mice and the house ferrets.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) The cats and the house ferrets.
(d) The mice and the cats.
9. In "The Bandit and the Mulberry Tree" the bandit is hung from which tree?
(a) A fig tree.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A mulberry tree.
10. In "The Bat, the Bramble and the Gull" which animals decide to go trading together.
(a) The gull and the bramble.
(b) The bat and the bramble.
(c) The bat and the gull.
(d) The bat, the bramble, and the gull.
11. In "Winter and Spring" which two seasons are arguing?
(a) Winter and spring.
(b) Summer and spring.
(c) Winter and fall.
(d) Summer and Winter.
12. In "The Wolf and the Lamb" whom is the wolf accusing?
(a) The fox.
(b) The hyena.
(c) The lamb.
(d) The goat.
13. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" what is the wolf proud of?
(a) His tail.
(b) His howling.
(c) His cunning nature.
(d) His shadow.
14. In "The Wasp and the Snake" whom does the wasp sting?
(a) The fox.
(b) The sheep.
(c) The wolf.
(d) The snake.
15. In "The Begging Priests of Cybele" which animal's skin is used to make drums?
(a) The donkey's.
(b) The ass'es.
(c) The wolf's.
(d) The pig's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" what does the farmer do to his hen?
2. In "The Bird-catcher and the Partridge" whom does the bird catcher kill?
3. In "The Tortoise and the Hare" who wins the race?
4. In "The Partridge and the Man" whom does the man catch?
5. In "The Hen and the Swallow" whose eggs does the hen sit on?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)