|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Reed and the Olive" which tree snaps?
(a) The apple tree.
(b) The olive tree.
(c) The reed tree.
(d) The oak tree.
2. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
(a) An orator.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A God.
(d) A slave.
3. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
(a) A fox and a snake.
(b) A fox and a tiger.
(c) A fox and a leopard.
(d) A fox and a lamb.
4. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who is fighting over a dead swan?
(a) The lion and the bear.
(b) The lion and the wolf.
(c) The bear and the fox.
(d) The lion and the fox.
5. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
(a) By trying to imitate the horse's neighing.
(b) By trying to imitate a frog's croaking.
(c) By imitating a donkey's braying.
(d) By trying to imitate an ass's braying.
6. In "The Aging Lion and the Fox" how does the old lion manage to kill other animals?
(a) By pretending to be sick.
(b) By asking a pack of wolves to hunt them for him.
(c) By asking his man friend to kill them for him.
(d) By having a fox kill them.
7. In "The Ploughman and the Snake Who Had Killed his Son" who bites the ploughman's son?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) An insect.
(d) A snake.
8. In "The Camel and Zeus" which animal goes to Zeus to ask for horns?
(a) The stag.
(b) The antelope.
(c) The ox.
(d) The camel.
9. In "The Old Woman and the Doctor" what is stolen from the old lady's home?
(c) Gold coins.
10. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A fox.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A wolf.
11. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
(a) Trying to run away with him.
(b) Trying to rub the color off of his skin.
(c) Trying to beat him.
(d) Trying to steal from him.
12. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
(a) A cockerel.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A horse.
(d) A piece of jewelry.
13. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) A basket of food.
(c) A new plough.
(d) A pot of gold.
14. In "The Man Who Found a Golden Lion" the statue represents which animal?
(a) A lion.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A goat.
(d) A tiger.
15. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" which animal pounces on a sleeping dog?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A hound.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Jackdaw and the Birds" who is voted as the most beautiful bird?
2. In "The Crab and the Fox" what happens to the crab?
3. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
4. In "The Lion, the Ass and the Fox" why does the ass get killed by the lion?
5. In "The Kite and the Snake" who bites the kite?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)