|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Crested Lark" why does the lark get death penalty?
(a) Because she steals a piece of grain.
(b) Because she lies.
(c) Because she steals someone else's food.
(d) Because she kills a fellow lark.
2. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
3. In "The Heifer and the Ox" whom does the heifer see in the field?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A fox.
(d) An ox.
4. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
(a) By eating them all at once.
(b) By chasing them all.
(c) By hunting them when they are sleeping.
(d) By seperating them.
5. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
(a) The eagles.
(b) The hares.
(c) The hounds.
(d) The wolves.
6. In "The Kite and the Snake" who bites the kite?
(a) A snake.
(b) A spider.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A scorpion.
7. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
(a) The jackdaw.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The lion.
(d) The eagle.
8. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
(a) Apollo and Hermes.
(b) Zeus and Hermes.
(c) Zeus and Apollo.
(d) Apollo and Momos.
9. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
(a) The reed and the apple tree.
(b) The olive and the oak tree.
(c) The reed and the olive tree.
(d) The apple and the oak tree.
10. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
(a) Because the vet prescribes goat lung for the donkey.
(b) Because the farmer wants his wishes granted.
(c) Because the goat is jealous.
(d) Because the the Gods want to eat it.
11. In "The Man Who Shattered a Statue of a God" what comes out of the statue that the man broke?
(b) Gold coins.
(d) Silver coins.
12. In "The Camel and Zeus" which animal goes to Zeus to ask for horns?
(a) The ox.
(b) The stag.
(c) The antelope.
(d) The camel.
13. In "The Dog and the Hare" who catches the hare?
(a) A hound.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A fox.
(d) A lion.
14. In "The Dog, the Cock, and the Fox" which animal does the dog tear to pieces?
(a) The cock.
(b) The fox.
(c) The pig.
(d) The rooster.
15. What item does the merchant sell in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) A book.
(b) A piece of furniture.
(c) A statue.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
2. In "The Crab and the Fox" what happens to the crab?
3. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" which animal pounces on a sleeping dog?
4. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
5. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus throw into the water a second time?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)