|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who is fighting over a dead swan?
(a) The lion and the fox.
(b) The lion and the wolf.
(c) The lion and the bear.
(d) The bear and the fox.
2. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
(a) The man.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Both are equally strong.
(d) The lion.
3. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
(a) He chasing another animal.
(b) A chase from another animal.
(c) A strong current.
(d) His hunger.
4. In "The Crested Lark" why does the lark get death penalty?
(a) Because she steals a piece of grain.
(b) Because she lies.
(c) Because she kills a fellow lark.
(d) Because she steals someone else's food.
5. In "The Aging Lion and the Fox" how does the old lion manage to kill other animals?
(a) By having a fox kill them.
(b) By asking a pack of wolves to hunt them for him.
(c) By asking his man friend to kill them for him.
(d) By pretending to be sick.
6. In "The Mule" what does the mule realize about her father?
(a) That he was hated by everyone.
(b) That he was an intelligent mule.
(c) That he was an ass.
(d) That he was very handsome.
7. In "The Man Who Shattered a Statue of a God" what comes out of the statue that the man broke?
(a) Silver coins.
(c) Gold coins.
8. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
(a) A fox cub.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A wolf cub.
(d) A lion cub.
9. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
(a) Because she tries to cheat one of the Gods.
(b) Because she imitates one of the Gods.
(c) Because she curses one of the Gods.
(d) Because she sells charms to appease the angry Gods.
10. In "The Crab and the Fox" what happens to the crab?
(a) He is eaten by a stork.
(b) He is caught by fishermen.
(c) He is stung by a shellfish.
(d) He is eaten by the fox.
11. In "The Kite and the Snake" who bites the kite?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A snake.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A spider.
12. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
(a) A bird.
(b) An animal.
(c) A river.
(d) A God.
13. In "The Fox and the Billy Goat" what do we learn of the goat?
(a) That it is very weak.
(b) That it is very strong.
(c) That it is not clever.
(d) That it is very clever.
14. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
(a) A God.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A slave.
(d) An orator.
15. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
(a) By seperating them.
(b) By eating them all at once.
(c) By hunting them when they are sleeping.
(d) By chasing them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose statue is being offered for free in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
2. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
3. In "The Beaver" which animal's genital cures certain ailments?
4. In "The Old Woman and the Doctor" what is stolen from the old lady's home?
5. In "The Camel and Zeus" which animal goes to Zeus to ask for horns?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)