|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Fox and the Woodcutter" what do we learn of the fox?
(a) That he is as cunning as ever.
(b) That he is brave.
(c) That he is wise.
(d) That is he very dumb.
2. In "The Dog Who Chased a Lion, and the Fox" which animal is the dog chasing?
(a) A lion.
(b) A hare.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A fox.
3. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is permanent.
(b) It is temporary.
(c) It is not changeable.
(d) It is changeable.
4. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
(a) Trying to beat him.
(b) Trying to steal from him.
(c) Trying to run away with him.
(d) Trying to rub the color off of his skin.
5. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
6. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
(a) The hares.
(b) The hounds.
(c) The eagles.
(d) The wolves.
7. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" which animal does not come to Zeus's wedding feast?
(a) The fox.
(b) The lion.
(c) The snake.
(d) The tortoise.
8. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
(a) A God.
(b) A hunter.
(c) An orator.
(d) A slave.
9. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" whom does the lion call out to for help?
(a) The dolphin.
(b) The bull.
(c) The mouse.
(d) The lamb.
10. In "The Man Who Found a Golden Lion" the statue represents which animal?
(a) A goat.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A lion.
(d) A tiger.
11. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
(a) For not having a child
(b) For having many children.
(c) For being a lazy mother.
(d) For having only one child.
12. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
(a) A bird.
(b) A river.
(c) An animal.
(d) A God.
13. In "The Gardener and the Dog" which animal bites its owner?
(a) The sheep.
(b) The cat.
(c) The pig.
(d) The dog.
14. In "Zeus and the Snake" from which animal does Zeus refuse to take a wedding gift?
(a) A lion.
(b) A fox.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wolf.
15. In "The Doctor and the Sick Man" how does the doctor's patient die?
(a) He dies because of excess eating.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He dies because of excess stress.
(d) He dies because of excess drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Dog with a Bell" why does the owner tie a bell around the dog's neck?
2. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
3. In "The Man Who Shattered a Statue of a God" what comes out of the statue that the man broke?
4. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
5. In "The Dog and the Hare" who catches the hare?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)