|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
(a) A swan and a pig.
(b) A goose and a partridge.
(c) A goose and a pig.
(d) A swan and a goose.
2. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) To an eagle.
(b) To Hermes.
(c) To a beetle.
(d) To a fox.
3. In "The Man Who Found a Golden Lion" the statue represents which animal?
(a) A lion.
(b) A goat.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lamb.
4. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
(a) She is caught by poaching sailors.
(b) She is killed by an animal.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is badly hurt.
5. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
(a) An ox.
(b) A deer.
(c) An antelope.
(d) A stag.
6. In "The Doctor and the Sick Man" how does the doctor's patient die?
(a) He dies because of excess stress.
(b) He dies because of excess eating.
(c) He dies because of excess drinking.
(d) He dies of old age.
7. In "The Gardener and the Dog" which animal bites its owner?
(a) The cat.
(b) The sheep.
(c) The dog.
(d) The pig.
8. In "The Fox and the Bramble" what is the fox trying to do?
(a) Try and kill the snake.
(b) Elongate his own body.
(c) Chase the snake.
(d) Make friends with the snake.
9. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
(a) A hawk.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A halcyon.
10. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" whom does the lion call out to for help?
(a) The bull.
(b) The dolphin.
(c) The lamb.
(d) The mouse.
11. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
(a) Fables 31 and 32.
(b) Fables 30 and 31.
(c) Fables 28 and 29.
(d) Fables 29 and 30.
12. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
(a) Locals of a village.
(b) Names of rivers.
13. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
(a) He hides in the bush and gets eaten by an animal.
(b) He is carried away by the eagle.
(c) He dies.
(d) He runs away from the loser.
14. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
(a) A cockerel.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A horse.
(d) A piece of jewelry.
15. In "The Lion, the Ass and the Fox" why does the ass get killed by the lion?
(a) Because the ass divides the hunt equally.
(b) Because the ass tries to run away with the hunt.
(c) Because he gives a larger portion of the hunt to the fox.
(d) Because he keeps the larger portion of the hunt for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
2. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
3. In "The Raven and the Snake" who bites the hungry raven?
4. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
5. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)