|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
(a) Fables 30 and 31.
(b) Fables 29 and 30.
(c) Fables 28 and 29.
(d) Fables 31 and 32.
2. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
(a) A halcyon.
(b) A hawk.
(c) An eagle.
(d) No answers are correct.
3. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
(a) She dies.
(b) She is killed by an animal.
(c) She is badly hurt.
(d) She is caught by poaching sailors.
4. In "The Raven and the Snake" who bites the hungry raven?
(a) An ant.
(b) A scorpion.
(c) A snake.
(d) A beetle.
5. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
(a) An animal.
(b) A bird.
(c) A God.
(d) A river.
6. In "The Dog Who Chased a Lion, and the Fox" which animal is the dog chasing?
(a) A fox.
(b) A hare.
(c) A lion.
(d) A wolf.
7. In "The Lion and the Dolphin" whom does the lion call out to for help?
(a) The bull.
(b) The mouse.
(c) The lamb.
(d) The dolphin.
8. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
(a) A goose and a pig.
(b) A swan and a pig.
(c) A goose and a partridge.
(d) A swan and a goose.
9. In "The Lion, the Ass and the Fox" why does the ass get killed by the lion?
(a) Because he gives a larger portion of the hunt to the fox.
(b) Because the ass divides the hunt equally.
(c) Because he keeps the larger portion of the hunt for himself.
(d) Because the ass tries to run away with the hunt.
10. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
(a) An orator.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A God.
(d) A slave.
11. In "The Aging Lion and the Fox" how does the old lion manage to kill other animals?
(a) By asking a pack of wolves to hunt them for him.
(b) By asking his man friend to kill them for him.
(c) By having a fox kill them.
(d) By pretending to be sick.
12. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who steals the swan?
(a) The lion.
(b) The fox.
(c) The hyena.
(d) The bear.
13. In "The Lion, the Wolf and the Fox" whose skin must the lion wear to keep himself alive?
(a) The deer's skin.
(b) The fox's skin.
(c) The wolf's skin.
(d) The sheep's skin.
14. In "The Ploughman and the Snake Who Had Killed his Son" who bites the ploughman's son?
(a) A snake.
(b) An insect.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) None of the above.
15. In "The Gardener and the Dog" which animal bites its owner?
(a) The cat.
(b) The pig.
(c) The sheep.
(d) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
2. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
3. In "The Lion and the Wild Ass" whom does the lion share his food with?
4. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who is fighting over a dead swan?
5. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)