|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
(a) A fox and a lamb.
(b) A fox and a leopard.
(c) A fox and a snake.
(d) A fox and a tiger.
2. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
(a) Zeus and Hermes.
(b) Apollo and Hermes.
(c) Zeus and Apollo.
(d) Apollo and Momos.
3. In "The Men and Zeus" what is the gift given by Zeus to Man?
(a) Gift of voice.
(b) Gift of speech.
(c) Gift of power.
(d) Gift of wisdom.
4. In "The Jackdaw and the Birds" who is voted as the most beautiful bird?
(a) The eagle.
(b) The nightingale.
(c) The cicada.
(d) The jackdaw.
5. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
(a) He is given 1000 drachmas.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is sold into slavery.
(d) He is beaten up by the pirates.
6. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The sun.
(c) The northwind.
(d) A thief.
7. In "The Chariot of Hermes and the Arabs" whom does Hermes call liars and cheaters?
(a) The Arabs.
(b) The Asians.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Egyptians.
8. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
(a) A cockerel.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A piece of jewelry.
(d) A horse.
9. In "The Seagull and the Kite" how does the gull rupture his gullet?
(a) By swallowing a crab.
(b) By swallowing a fish.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) By swallowing a frog.
10. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
(a) Because she tries to cheat one of the Gods.
(b) Because she imitates one of the Gods.
(c) Because she sells charms to appease the angry Gods.
(d) Because she curses one of the Gods.
11. In "The Camel and Zeus" which animal goes to Zeus to ask for horns?
(a) The stag.
(b) The antelope.
(c) The camel.
(d) The ox.
12. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) To a fox.
(b) To an eagle.
(c) To a beetle.
(d) To Hermes.
13. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
(a) The jackdaw.
(b) The lion.
(c) The eagle.
(d) The tiger.
14. In "The Heifer and the Ox" whom does the heifer see in the field?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A fox.
(d) An ox.
15. In "The Hares and the Frogs" which animals decide to kill themselves?
(a) The frogs.
(b) The hares.
(c) The hounds.
(d) The cockerels.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Gardener and the Dog" which animal bites its owner?
2. In "The Woman and the Hen" the hen lays how many eggs in a day?
3. In "The Fox and the Bramble" what is the fox trying to do?
4. In "The Aging Lion and the Fox" how does the old lion manage to kill other animals?
5. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)