|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Hares and the Frogs" which animals decide to kill themselves?
(a) The frogs.
(b) The cockerels.
(c) The hounds.
(d) The hares.
2. In "The Fox and the Bramble" what is the fox trying to do?
(a) Make friends with the snake.
(b) Chase the snake.
(c) Try and kill the snake.
(d) Elongate his own body.
3. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
(a) By trying to imitate an ass's braying.
(b) By trying to imitate a frog's croaking.
(c) By imitating a donkey's braying.
(d) By trying to imitate the horse's neighing.
4. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
(a) A company of roosters.
(b) A company of partridges.
(c) A company of ravens.
(d) A company of cicadas.
5. In "Zeus and the Snake" from which animal does Zeus refuse to take a wedding gift?
(a) A lion.
(b) A fox.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wolf.
6. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
(a) Both are equally strong.
(b) The lion.
(c) The man.
(d) No answers are correct.
7. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
8. In "The Men and Zeus" what is the gift given by Zeus to Man?
(a) Gift of power.
(b) Gift of wisdom.
(c) Gift of speech.
(d) Gift of voice.
9. In "The Dog with a Bell" why does the owner tie a bell around the dog's neck?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) To warn people of the dog's approach.
(c) To decorate it's neck.
(d) To know where he is located.
10. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
(a) A new plough.
(b) A basket of food.
(c) A pot of gold.
(d) No answers are correct.
11. In "The Aging Lion and the Fox" how does the old lion manage to kill other animals?
(a) By pretending to be sick.
(b) By asking a pack of wolves to hunt them for him.
(c) By asking his man friend to kill them for him.
(d) By having a fox kill them.
12. In "The Doctor and the Sick Man" how does the doctor's patient die?
(a) He dies because of excess drinking.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He dies because of excess stress.
(d) He dies because of excess eating.
13. In "The Murderer" who eats the man?
(a) A snake.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A lion.
14. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
(a) He chasing another animal.
(b) His hunger.
(c) A chase from another animal.
(d) A strong current.
15. In "The Lion, the Wolf and the Fox" whose skin must the lion wear to keep himself alive?
(a) The wolf's skin.
(b) The deer's skin.
(c) The fox's skin.
(d) The sheep's skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" which animal does not come to Zeus's wedding feast?
2. In "The Reed and the Olive" which tree snaps?
3. In "The Heifer and the Ox" whom does the heifer see in the field?
4. In "The Kite and the Snake" who bites the kite?
5. In "The Woman and Her Servants" which animal is killed by the servants?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)