|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Both are equally strong.
(c) The man.
(d) The lion.
2. Whose statue is being offered for free in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
3. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
4. Who chases the wolf in "The Kid and the Wolf Who Played the Flute"?
(c) No answers are correct.
5. In "The Lion and the Wild Ass" whom does the lion share his food with?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A fox.
(c) A boar.
(d) A wild ass.
6. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who steals the swan?
(a) The lion.
(b) The hyena.
(c) The bear.
(d) The fox.
7. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
(a) Because that goat tried to harm the goatherd.
(b) Because that goat ignored the goatherd when he was calling it back.
(c) Because the goat was troubling the other goats of the herd.
(d) Because the goatherd wanted to sell the goat's horns.
8. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
(a) A new plough.
(b) A pot of gold.
(c) A basket of food.
(d) No answers are correct.
9. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
(b) Locals of a village.
(d) Names of rivers.
10. In "Diogenes and the Bald Man" who is Diogenes?
(a) A writer.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A God.
(d) An orator.
11. In "The Dog Who Chased a Lion, and the Fox" which animal is the dog chasing?
(a) A fox.
(b) A lion.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A hare.
12. In "The Lion and the Wild Boar" whom does the lion fight with?
(a) A boar.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A fox.
(d) A hound.
13. In "The Aging Lion and the Fox" how does the old lion manage to kill other animals?
(a) By asking a pack of wolves to hunt them for him.
(b) By asking his man friend to kill them for him.
(c) By having a fox kill them.
(d) By pretending to be sick.
14. In "The Starving Dogs" what do the dogs find?
(a) Animal hides.
(b) A wounded fox.
(c) A dead wolf.
(d) Dead meat.
15. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
(a) He hides in the bush and gets eaten by an animal.
(b) He runs away from the loser.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is carried away by the eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Hares and the Frogs" which animals decide to kill themselves?
2. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
3. In "The Bird-catcher and the Asp" how does the bird catcher die?
4. In "The Murderer" who eats the man?
5. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)