|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
(a) Zeus and Apollo.
(b) Zeus and Hermes.
(c) Apollo and Momos.
(d) Apollo and Hermes.
2. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
(a) He is given 1000 drachmas.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is beaten up by the pirates.
(d) He is sold into slavery.
3. In "The Lion and the Wild Ass" whom does the lion share his food with?
(a) A fox.
(b) A wild ass.
(c) A boar.
(d) A wolf.
4. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
(a) The apple and the oak tree.
(b) The olive and the oak tree.
(c) The reed and the olive tree.
(d) The reed and the apple tree.
5. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who is fighting over a dead swan?
(a) The lion and the fox.
(b) The lion and the bear.
(c) The bear and the fox.
(d) The lion and the wolf.
6. In "The Doctor and the Sick Man" how does the doctor's patient die?
(a) He dies because of excess eating.
(b) He dies because of excess drinking.
(c) He dies because of excess stress.
(d) He dies of old age.
7. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" which animal does not come to Zeus's wedding feast?
(a) The lion.
(b) The tortoise.
(c) The snake.
(d) The fox.
8. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
(a) The man.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Both are equally strong.
(d) The lion.
9. In "The Crab and the Fox" what happens to the crab?
(a) He is caught by fishermen.
(b) He is eaten by the fox.
(c) He is stung by a shellfish.
(d) He is eaten by a stork.
10. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
11. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Because his whole body swells.
(c) Because the hollow closes up.
(d) Because his stomach swells.
12. In "The Aging Lion and the Fox" how does the old lion manage to kill other animals?
(a) By asking his man friend to kill them for him.
(b) By pretending to be sick.
(c) By asking a pack of wolves to hunt them for him.
(d) By having a fox kill them.
13. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
(a) A fox and a leopard.
(b) A fox and a tiger.
(c) A fox and a snake.
(d) A fox and a lamb.
14. In "The Cat and the Hens" which animal disguises himself?
(a) A hen.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A cat.
15. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
(a) A God.
(b) A hunter.
(c) An orator.
(d) A slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
2. In "Hermes and the Artisans" what does Zeus ask Hermes to do?
3. In "The Beaver" which animal's genital cures certain ailments?
4. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
5. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" what does the fox tell the jackdaw?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)