|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Raven and the Snake" who bites the hungry raven?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A beetle.
(c) A snake.
(d) An ant.
2. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who is fighting over a dead swan?
(a) The lion and the wolf.
(b) The bear and the fox.
(c) The lion and the bear.
(d) The lion and the fox.
3. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) To Hermes.
(b) To a fox.
(c) To a beetle.
(d) To an eagle.
4. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
(a) He chasing another animal.
(b) A strong current.
(c) His hunger.
(d) A chase from another animal.
5. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
(a) The hounds.
(b) The hares.
(c) The eagles.
(d) The wolves.
6. In "The Fox and the Woodcutter" what do we learn of the fox?
(a) That he is wise.
(b) That he is brave.
(c) That is he very dumb.
(d) That he is as cunning as ever.
7. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
(a) She is badly hurt.
(b) She is killed by an animal.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is caught by poaching sailors.
8. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
(a) Locals of a village.
(b) Names of rivers.
9. In "The Raven and Hermes" which animal is caught in a snare?
(a) A raven.
(b) A cicada.
(c) A rooster.
(d) A jackdaw.
10. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
(a) A new plough.
(b) A basket of food.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) A pot of gold.
11. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
(a) The Gods.
(b) A thief.
(c) The sun.
(d) The northwind.
12. In "The Dog Who Chased a Lion, and the Fox" which animal is the dog chasing?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A fox.
(c) A hare.
(d) A lion.
13. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A cockerel.
(c) A horse.
(d) A piece of jewelry.
14. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
(a) By trying to imitate the horse's neighing.
(b) By imitating a donkey's braying.
(c) By trying to imitate a frog's croaking.
(d) By trying to imitate an ass's braying.
15. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
(a) The reed and the olive tree.
(b) The olive and the oak tree.
(c) The reed and the apple tree.
(d) The apple and the oak tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Doctor and the Sick Man" how does the doctor's patient die?
2. In "The Kite and the Snake" who bites the kite?
3. In "The Reed and the Olive" which tree snaps?
4. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
5. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)