|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
(a) By hunting them when they are sleeping.
(b) By eating them all at once.
(c) By seperating them.
(d) By chasing them all.
2. In "The Sleeping Dog and the Wolf" which animal pounces on a sleeping dog?
(a) A lion.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A hound.
3. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
(a) She is caught by poaching sailors.
(b) She is killed by an animal.
(c) She is badly hurt.
(d) She dies.
4. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
5. In "The Man Who Found a Golden Lion" the statue represents which animal?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A goat.
(c) A lion.
(d) A lamb.
6. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
(a) Trying to rub the color off of his skin.
(b) Trying to run away with him.
(c) Trying to beat him.
(d) Trying to steal from him.
7. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
(a) For being a lazy mother.
(b) For having many children.
(c) For not having a child
(d) For having only one child.
8. In "The Lion, the Ass and the Fox" why does the ass get killed by the lion?
(a) Because he gives a larger portion of the hunt to the fox.
(b) Because the ass divides the hunt equally.
(c) Because he keeps the larger portion of the hunt for himself.
(d) Because the ass tries to run away with the hunt.
9. In "Zeus and the Snake" from which animal does Zeus refuse to take a wedding gift?
(a) A lion.
(b) A snake.
(c) A fox.
(d) A wolf.
10. In "The Fox and the Bramble" what is the fox trying to do?
(a) Chase the snake.
(b) Elongate his own body.
(c) Try and kill the snake.
(d) Make friends with the snake.
11. Whose statue is being offered for free in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
12. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who is fighting over a dead swan?
(a) The lion and the bear.
(b) The lion and the wolf.
(c) The bear and the fox.
(d) The lion and the fox.
13. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
(a) The reed and the apple tree.
(b) The reed and the olive tree.
(c) The olive and the oak tree.
(d) The apple and the oak tree.
14. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who steals the swan?
(a) The bear.
(b) The fox.
(c) The lion.
(d) The hyena.
15. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A fox.
(c) A mouse.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Starving Dogs" what do the dogs find?
2. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
3. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
4. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
5. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" which animal does not come to Zeus's wedding feast?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)