|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is not changeable.
(b) It is temporary.
(c) It is permanent.
(d) It is changeable.
2. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
(a) A wolf cub.
(b) A fox cub.
(c) A lion cub.
(d) A lamb.
3. In "The Gardener and the Dog" which animal bites its owner?
(a) The cat.
(b) The sheep.
(c) The pig.
(d) The dog.
4. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
(a) For not having a child
(b) For having only one child.
(c) For having many children.
(d) For being a lazy mother.
5. What item does the merchant sell in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A book.
(c) A piece of furniture.
(d) A statue.
6. In "The Old Woman and the Doctor" what is stolen from the old lady's home?
(a) Gold coins.
7. In "The Crested Lark" why does the lark get death penalty?
(a) Because she steals a piece of grain.
(b) Because she kills a fellow lark.
(c) Because she lies.
(d) Because she steals someone else's food.
8. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) To a fox.
(b) To an eagle.
(c) To a beetle.
(d) To Hermes.
9. In "The Lion, the Wolf and the Fox" whose skin must the lion wear to keep himself alive?
(a) The sheep's skin.
(b) The deer's skin.
(c) The wolf's skin.
(d) The fox's skin.
10. In "The Heifer and the Ox" whom does the heifer see in the field?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A beetle.
(c) An ox.
(d) A fox.
11. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
(a) The lion.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Both are equally strong.
(d) The man.
12. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
(c) Locals of a village.
(d) Names of rivers.
13. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
(a) He is sold into slavery.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is given 1000 drachmas.
(d) He is beaten up by the pirates.
14. In "Hermes and the Artisans" what does Zeus ask Hermes to do?
(a) Pour poison of lies on all the artisans.
(b) Pour poison of lies on all the Gods.
(c) Pour poison of lies on man.
(d) Pour poison of lies on all the animals.
15. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
(a) His hunger.
(b) A strong current.
(c) A chase from another animal.
(d) He chasing another animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
2. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
3. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" what does the fox tell the jackdaw?
4. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
5. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)