|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Crested Lark" why does the lark get death penalty?
(a) Because she kills a fellow lark.
(b) Because she steals someone else's food.
(c) Because she lies.
(d) Because she steals a piece of grain.
2. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Because the hollow closes up.
(c) Because his whole body swells.
(d) Because his stomach swells.
3. In "The Woman and the Hen" the hen lays how many eggs in a day?
(b) A dozen.
4. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
(a) An animal.
(b) A river.
(c) A God.
(d) A bird.
5. In "The Beaver" which animal's genital cures certain ailments?
(a) The deer's.
(b) The beaver's.
(c) The bear's.
(d) The stag's.
6. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
(a) Because the goat is jealous.
(b) Because the the Gods want to eat it.
(c) Because the farmer wants his wishes granted.
(d) Because the vet prescribes goat lung for the donkey.
7. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
(a) A company of ravens.
(b) A company of partridges.
(c) A company of roosters.
(d) A company of cicadas.
8. In "The Starving Dogs" what do the dogs find?
(a) A dead wolf.
(b) Animal hides.
(c) A wounded fox.
(d) Dead meat.
9. In "The Crab and the Fox" what happens to the crab?
(a) He is eaten by a stork.
(b) He is stung by a shellfish.
(c) He is caught by fishermen.
(d) He is eaten by the fox.
10. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
(a) A slave.
(b) A God.
(c) An orator.
(d) A hunter.
11. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
(a) Fables 29 and 30.
(b) Fables 31 and 32.
(c) Fables 30 and 31.
(d) Fables 28 and 29.
12. In "The Gardener and the Dog" which animal bites its owner?
(a) The pig.
(b) The dog.
(c) The sheep.
(d) The cat.
13. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
14. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
(a) A deer.
(b) An antelope.
(c) A stag.
(d) An ox.
15. In "The Woman and Her Servants" which animal is killed by the servants?
(a) The cow.
(b) The goat.
(c) The pig.
(d) The rooster.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bird-catcher and the Asp" how does the bird catcher die?
2. In "The Reed and the Olive" which tree snaps?
3. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
4. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
5. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" how many mistresses does the man have?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)