|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
(a) He hides in the bush and gets eaten by an animal.
(b) He runs away from the loser.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is carried away by the eagle.
2. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
(a) A company of partridges.
(b) A company of cicadas.
(c) A company of ravens.
(d) A company of roosters.
3. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
(a) A piece of jewelry.
(b) A cockerel.
(c) A rooster.
(d) A horse.
4. In "The Mule" what does the mule realize about her father?
(a) That he was very handsome.
(b) That he was hated by everyone.
(c) That he was an ass.
(d) That he was an intelligent mule.
5. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
(a) She is badly hurt.
(b) She is killed by an animal.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is caught by poaching sailors.
6. Whose statue is being offered for free in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
7. In "The Dog and the Hare" who catches the hare?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A hound.
(c) A fox.
(d) A lion.
8. In "The Reed and the Olive" which tree snaps?
(a) The oak tree.
(b) The apple tree.
(c) The reed tree.
(d) The olive tree.
9. In "The Seagull and the Kite" how does the gull rupture his gullet?
(a) By swallowing a fish.
(b) By swallowing a crab.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) By swallowing a frog.
10. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
(a) A swan and a goose.
(b) A goose and a partridge.
(c) A swan and a pig.
(d) A goose and a pig.
11. In "The Doctor and the Sick Man" how does the doctor's patient die?
(a) He dies because of excess drinking.
(b) He dies because of excess stress.
(c) He dies because of excess eating.
(d) He dies of old age.
12. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
(a) The hares.
(b) The hounds.
(c) The wolves.
(d) The eagles.
13. In "The Jackdaw and the Birds" who is voted as the most beautiful bird?
(a) The nightingale.
(b) The jackdaw.
(c) The cicada.
(d) The eagle.
14. In "The Camel and Zeus" which animal goes to Zeus to ask for horns?
(a) The stag.
(b) The camel.
(c) The antelope.
(d) The ox.
15. In "Hermes and the Artisans" what does Zeus ask Hermes to do?
(a) Pour poison of lies on all the artisans.
(b) Pour poison of lies on all the Gods.
(c) Pour poison of lies on all the animals.
(d) Pour poison of lies on man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lion, the Bear and the Fox" who steals the swan?
2. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
3. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
4. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" which animal does not come to Zeus's wedding feast?
5. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)