|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 291-295 | Fables 296-300.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) Because his whole body swells.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because the hollow closes up.
(d) Because his stomach swells.
2. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A fox.
(c) A wolf.
(d) An elephant.
3. In "The Lion and the Wild Boar" whom does the lion fight with?
(a) A hound.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A fox.
(d) A boar.
4. In "The Hares and the Foxes" the foxes are at war with which animals?
(a) The wolves.
(b) The eagles.
(c) The hares.
(d) The hounds.
5. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
(a) An animal.
(b) A river.
(c) A bird.
(d) A God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Bat and the House-ferrets" which animal is caught by the house ferret?
2. In "The Bees and Zeus" what does Zeus grant to the bees?
3. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
4. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
5. In "The Lion, the Wolf and the Fox" whose skin must the lion wear to keep himself alive?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)