|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 291-295 | Fables 296-300.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ass and the Lap-dog" whom is the ass jealous of?
(a) The dog.
(b) The horse.
(c) The wolf.
(d) The fox.
2. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
(a) She dies.
(b) She is killed by an animal.
(c) She is badly hurt.
(d) She is caught by poaching sailors.
3. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
(a) Because she imitates one of the Gods.
(b) Because she sells charms to appease the angry Gods.
(c) Because she curses one of the Gods.
(d) Because she tries to cheat one of the Gods.
4. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
(a) A company of ravens.
(b) A company of partridges.
(c) A company of cicadas.
(d) A company of roosters.
5. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is permanent.
(b) It is not changeable.
(c) It is temporary.
(d) It is changeable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
2. In "The Wolf and the Young Lamb Taking Refuge in a Temple" who is pursuing the lamb?
3. In Fable 293 what is the child catching?
4. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
5. In "The Camel and Zeus" which animal goes to Zeus to ask for horns?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)