|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 291-295 | Fables 296-300.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lion, the Ass and the Fox" why does the ass get killed by the lion?
(a) Because the ass tries to run away with the hunt.
(b) Because the ass divides the hunt equally.
(c) Because he gives a larger portion of the hunt to the fox.
(d) Because he keeps the larger portion of the hunt for himself.
2. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
(a) Both are equally strong.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) The lion.
(d) The man.
3. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
(a) By hunting them when they are sleeping.
(b) By eating them all at once.
(c) By chasing them all.
(d) By seperating them.
4. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
(a) Because the goatherd wanted to sell the goat's horns.
(b) Because that goat ignored the goatherd when he was calling it back.
(c) Because that goat tried to harm the goatherd.
(d) Because the goat was troubling the other goats of the herd.
5. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A halcyon.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) A hawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
2. In "The Fox and the Billy Goat" what do we learn of the goat?
3. In "The Cat and the Hens" which animal disguises himself?
4. In "The Ass Pronouncing the Horse Happy" which animal does the ass envy?
5. Why is the ass screaming in "The Ass, the Raven and the Wolf?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)