|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 291-295 | Fables 296-300.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) Because the hollow closes up.
(b) Because his stomach swells.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Because his whole body swells.
2. In "The Bird-catcher and the Partridge" whom does the bird catcher kill?
(a) A partridge.
(b) A stork.
(c) A cicada.
(d) A jackdaw.
3. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
(a) A goose and a pig.
(b) A goose and a partridge.
(c) A swan and a pig.
(d) A swan and a goose.
4. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
(a) A new plough.
(b) A basket of food.
(c) A pot of gold.
(d) No answers are correct.
5. In "The Fox and the Billy Goat" what do we learn of the goat?
(a) That it is very clever.
(b) That it is very weak.
(c) That it is very strong.
(d) That it is not clever.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Sick Man and the Doctor" what is the sick man dying of?
2. In "The Hen That Laid the Golden Eggs" what does the farmer do to his hen?
3. In "The Ass and the Ass-driver" why does the ass driver let go off the ass?
4. In "The Jackdaw and the Fox" what does the fox tell the jackdaw?
5. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)