|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 291-295 | Fables 296-300.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the owner beat up his animal the ass in "The Ass Carrying a Statue of a God"?
(a) The ass starts kicking people.
(b) The ass starts bowing to people.
(c) The ass starts braying too loudly.
(d) The ass refuses to move.
2. In "The Ass Pronouncing the Horse Happy" which animal does the ass envy?
(a) The horse.
(b) The lion.
(c) The wolf.
(d) The fox.
3. In "The Snake and the Crab" what does the crab do to the snake?
(a) Kills him.
(b) He befriends him.
(c) Feeds him.
(d) Bites him.
4. In "The Ass and the Dog Traveling Together" what do the ass and dog find?
(a) A twig.
(b) A letter.
(c) A piece of cookie.
(d) A bone.
5. In "The Young Men and the Butcher" what do the two men do?
(a) They steal from the butcher.
(b) They kill the butcher.
(c) They paint everything in his shop.
(d) They hurt the butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
2. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
3. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
4. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
5. In "The Fox and the Billy Goat" what do we learn of the goat?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)