|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 291-295 | Fables 296-300.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A fox.
2. In "The Begging Priests of Cybele" which animal's skin is used to make drums?
(a) The pig's.
(b) The donkey's.
(c) The ass'es.
(d) The wolf's.
3. In "The Child Catching Locusts and the Scorpion" how does the child die?
(a) A handle falls on his head.
(b) A raven kills the child.
(c) He falls down and injures his head.
(d) A wolf eats it up.
4. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
(a) A swan and a pig.
(b) A goose and a pig.
(c) A goose and a partridge.
(d) A swan and a goose.
5. In "The Wolf and the Goat" which animal is the wolf trying to trick?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A deer.
(c) A goat.
(d) An ass.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
2. In "Hermes and the Artisans" what does Zeus ask Hermes to do?
3. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
4. In "The Ass and the Dog Traveling Together" what do the ass and dog find?
5. In "Zeus and the Snake" from which animal does Zeus refuse to take a wedding gift?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)