|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 251-255 | Fables 256-260.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
(a) Because the goatherd wanted to sell the goat's horns.
(b) Because the goat was troubling the other goats of the herd.
(c) Because that goat ignored the goatherd when he was calling it back.
(d) Because that goat tried to harm the goatherd.
2. In "The Lion and the Mouse Who Returned a Kindness" which animal rescues a lion from the hunter's clutches?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A fox.
(d) A wolf.
3. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
(a) A basket of food.
(b) A new plough.
(c) A pot of gold.
(d) No answers are correct.
4. In "The Kite and the Snake" who bites the kite?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A snake.
(c) A spider.
(d) A scorpion.
5. In "The Wolf Proud of His Shadow, and the Lion" what is the wolf proud of?
(a) His cunning nature.
(b) His howling.
(c) His shadow.
(d) His tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Fox and the Bramble" what is the fox trying to do?
2. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
3. In "The Woodcutter and Hermes" who appears before the woodcutter?
4. In "The Jackdaw and the Birds" who is voted as the most beautiful bird?
5. In "The Woman and the Hen" the hen lays how many eggs in a day?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)