|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 181-185 | Fables 186-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
(a) Because the goat was troubling the other goats of the herd.
(b) Because that goat ignored the goatherd when he was calling it back.
(c) Because the goatherd wanted to sell the goat's horns.
(d) Because that goat tried to harm the goatherd.
2. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
(a) Fables 31 and 32.
(b) Fables 28 and 29.
(c) Fables 30 and 31.
(d) Fables 29 and 30.
3. In "The Beaver" which animal's genital cures certain ailments?
(a) The beaver's.
(b) The stag's.
(c) The deer's.
(d) The bear's.
4. In "The Dog, the Cock, and the Fox" which animal does the dog tear to pieces?
(a) The pig.
(b) The fox.
(c) The rooster.
(d) The cock.
5. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
(a) By trying to imitate an ass's braying.
(b) By trying to imitate the horse's neighing.
(c) By imitating a donkey's braying.
(d) By trying to imitate a frog's croaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
2. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
3. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" how many mistresses does the man have?
4. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
5. In "The Jackdaw and the Birds" who is voted as the most beautiful bird?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)