|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 181-185 | Fables 186-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Swan Mistaken for a Goose" what two animals does the man keep?
(a) A swan and a goose.
(b) A goose and a partridge.
(c) A goose and a pig.
(d) A swan and a pig.
2. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Because the hollow closes up.
(c) Because his whole body swells.
(d) Because his stomach swells.
3. In "The Crested Lark" why does the lark get death penalty?
(a) Because she steals someone else's food.
(b) Because she lies.
(c) Because she steals a piece of grain.
(d) Because she kills a fellow lark.
4. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
(a) Fables 29 and 30.
(b) Fables 28 and 29.
(c) Fables 31 and 32.
(d) Fables 30 and 31.
5. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is changeable.
(b) It is temporary.
(c) It is not changeable.
(d) It is permanent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
2. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" which animal does not come to Zeus's wedding feast?
3. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
4. In "The Murderer" who eats the man?
5. In "The Gardener and the Dog" which animal bites its owner?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)