|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 181-185 | Fables 186-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
2. In "The Chariot of Hermes and the Arabs" whom does Hermes call liars and cheaters?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Arabs.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Asians.
3. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
(a) By hunting them when they are sleeping.
(b) By eating them all at once.
(c) By seperating them.
(d) By chasing them all.
4. In "The Dog, the Cock, and the Fox" which animal does the dog tear to pieces?
(a) The pig.
(b) The fox.
(c) The cock.
(d) The rooster.
5. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
(a) Because she imitates one of the Gods.
(b) Because she curses one of the Gods.
(c) Because she tries to cheat one of the Gods.
(d) Because she sells charms to appease the angry Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Dog and the Shellfish" what animal does the dog swallow?
2. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
3. Whose statue is being offered for free in "Hermes and the Sculptor"?
4. In "The Old Woman and the Doctor" what is stolen from the old lady's home?
5. In "The Heifer and the Ox" whom does the heifer see in the field?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)