|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 151-155 | Fables 156-160 | Fables 161-165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
(a) An eagle.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) A halcyon.
(d) A hawk.
2. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
(a) An orator.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A God.
(d) A slave.
3. In "The Fox and the Bramble" what is the fox trying to do?
(a) Make friends with the snake.
(b) Try and kill the snake.
(c) Chase the snake.
(d) Elongate his own body.
4. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
(a) Apollo and Hermes.
(b) Zeus and Hermes.
(c) Zeus and Apollo.
(d) Apollo and Momos.
5. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
(a) Because she curses one of the Gods.
(b) Because she sells charms to appease the angry Gods.
(c) Because she imitates one of the Gods.
(d) Because she tries to cheat one of the Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
2. In "The Old Woman and the Doctor" what is stolen from the old lady's home?
3. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
4. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
5. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)