|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 151-155 | Fables 156-160 | Fables 161-165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) Because his stomach swells.
(b) Because his whole body swells.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Because the hollow closes up.
2. In "The Doctor and the Sick Man" how does the doctor's patient die?
(a) He dies because of excess drinking.
(b) He dies because of excess eating.
(c) He dies of old age.
(d) He dies because of excess stress.
3. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) A halcyon.
(c) A hawk.
(d) An eagle.
4. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A horse.
(c) A piece of jewelry.
(d) A cockerel.
5. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
(a) By imitating a donkey's braying.
(b) By trying to imitate a frog's croaking.
(c) By trying to imitate the horse's neighing.
(d) By trying to imitate an ass's braying.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Zeus and the Men" what does Zeus ask Hermes to give all of mankind?
2. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
3. In "The Woman and Her Servants" which animal is killed by the servants?
4. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
5. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)