|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 151-155 | Fables 156-160 | Fables 161-165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) A new plough.
(c) A basket of food.
(d) A pot of gold.
2. What item does the merchant sell in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) A tree.
(b) A statue.
(c) A piece of furniture.
(d) A book.
3. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
(a) By chasing them all.
(b) By eating them all at once.
(c) By hunting them when they are sleeping.
(d) By seperating them.
4. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
(a) The reed and the olive tree.
(b) The olive and the oak tree.
(c) The reed and the apple tree.
(d) The apple and the oak tree.
5. In "The Men and Zeus" what is the gift given by Zeus to Man?
(a) Gift of power.
(b) Gift of speech.
(c) Gift of wisdom.
(d) Gift of voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Woman and the Hen" the hen lays how many eggs in a day?
2. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
3. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
4. In "The Thieves and the Cock" what do the thieves steal?
5. In "The Woman and Her Servants" which animal is killed by the servants?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)