|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 151-155 | Fables 156-160 | Fables 161-165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is temporary.
(b) It is changeable.
(c) It is permanent.
(d) It is not changeable.
2. In "The Camel and Zeus" which animal goes to Zeus to ask for horns?
(a) The ox.
(b) The antelope.
(c) The stag.
(d) The camel.
3. In "The Fox and the Woodcutter" what do we learn of the fox?
(a) That he is brave.
(b) That he is wise.
(c) That he is as cunning as ever.
(d) That is he very dumb.
4. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
(a) Because she tries to cheat one of the Gods.
(b) Because she sells charms to appease the angry Gods.
(c) Because she imitates one of the Gods.
(d) Because she curses one of the Gods.
5. In "The Ploughman and Chance" what does the ploughman find in the field?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) A new plough.
(c) A pot of gold.
(d) A basket of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
2. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
3. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
4. In "The Mule" what does the mule realize about her father?
5. In "The Kite and the Snake" who bites the kite?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)