|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 151-155 | Fables 156-160 | Fables 161-165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) Because his stomach swells.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because his whole body swells.
(d) Because the hollow closes up.
2. In "The Man Who Found a Golden Lion" the statue represents which animal?
(a) A lion.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A goat.
(d) A tiger.
3. What item does the merchant sell in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) A statue.
(b) A tree.
(c) A book.
(d) A piece of furniture.
4. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
(a) A fox and a lamb.
(b) A fox and a tiger.
(c) A fox and a snake.
(d) A fox and a leopard.
5. In "The Jackdaw and the Ravens" whom does the jackdaw decide to join?
(a) A company of partridges.
(b) A company of roosters.
(c) A company of ravens.
(d) A company of cicadas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for alms in "The Adder and the File"?
2. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
3. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus throw into the water a second time?
4. In "The Heifer and the Ox" whom does the heifer see in the field?
5. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)