|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 151-155 | Fables 156-160 | Fables 161-165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Chariot of Hermes and the Arabs" whom does Hermes call liars and cheaters?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Asians.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Arabs.
2. In "The Crab and the Fox" what happens to the crab?
(a) He is eaten by a stork.
(b) He is caught by fishermen.
(c) He is eaten by the fox.
(d) He is stung by a shellfish.
3. In "The Bird-catcher and the Asp" how does the bird catcher die?
(a) He is bitten by a dog.
(b) He is bitten by an asp.
(c) He is bitten by a spider.
(d) He is bitten by a scorpion.
4. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
(a) The olive and the oak tree.
(b) The reed and the olive tree.
(c) The apple and the oak tree.
(d) The reed and the apple tree.
5. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
(a) Fables 31 and 32.
(b) Fables 30 and 31.
(c) Fables 29 and 30.
(d) Fables 28 and 29.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
2. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
3. In "The Man Who Found a Golden Lion" the statue represents which animal?
4. In "The Reed and the Olive" which tree snaps?
5. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)