|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 151-155 | Fables 156-160 | Fables 161-165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
(a) A God.
(b) A river.
(c) An animal.
(d) A bird.
2. In "The Kite Who Neighed" how does the kite lose his voice?
(a) By imitating a donkey's braying.
(b) By trying to imitate the horse's neighing.
(c) By trying to imitate a frog's croaking.
(d) By trying to imitate an ass's braying.
3. In "The Doctor and the Sick Man" how does the doctor's patient die?
(a) He dies of old age.
(b) He dies because of excess drinking.
(c) He dies because of excess eating.
(d) He dies because of excess stress.
4. In "The Fox and the Bramble" what is the fox trying to do?
(a) Elongate his own body.
(b) Try and kill the snake.
(c) Make friends with the snake.
(d) Chase the snake.
5. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
(a) Trying to run away with him.
(b) Trying to beat him.
(c) Trying to rub the color off of his skin.
(d) Trying to steal from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
2. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
3. In "The Ploughman and the Snake Who Had Killed his Son" who bites the ploughman's son?
4. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
5. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)