|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 91-95 | Fables 96-100 | Fables 101-105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Murderer" who eats the man?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A lion.
(c) A snake.
(d) A wolf.
2. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus throw into the water a second time?
(a) A stick.
(b) A water snake.
(d) A scorpion.
3. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
4. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
(a) He runs away from the loser.
(b) He dies.
(c) He hides in the bush and gets eaten by an animal.
(d) He is carried away by the eagle.
5. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
(a) A fox and a snake.
(b) A fox and a leopard.
(c) A fox and a lamb.
(d) A fox and a tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
2. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
3. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
4. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
5. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)