|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 91-95 | Fables 96-100 | Fables 101-105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Heifer and the Ox" whom does the heifer see in the field?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A fox.
(c) An ox.
(d) A beetle.
2. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Because his stomach swells.
(c) Because the hollow closes up.
(d) Because his whole body swells.
3. In "The Ploughman and the Eagle" who saves the ploughman from a collapsing wall?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A hawk.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) A halcyon.
4. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) To a fox.
(b) To an eagle.
(c) To Hermes.
(d) To a beetle.
5. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus throw into the water a second time?
(b) A stick.
(c) A water snake.
(d) A scorpion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
2. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
3. In "The Cat and the Hens" which animal disguises himself?
4. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
5. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)