|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 61-65 | Fables 66-70 | Fables 71-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Cat and the Hens" which animal disguises himself?
(a) A hen.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A cat.
2. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Because his whole body swells.
(c) Because the hollow closes up.
(d) Because his stomach swells.
3. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
(a) A fox and a leopard.
(b) A fox and a tiger.
(c) A fox and a snake.
(d) A fox and a lamb.
4. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is not changeable.
(b) It is temporary.
(c) It is changeable.
(d) It is permanent.
5. What item does the merchant sell in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) A piece of furniture.
(b) A statue.
(c) A tree.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" how many mistresses does the man have?
2. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
3. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
4. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
5. In "The Murderer" who eats the man?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)