|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 61-65 | Fables 66-70 | Fables 71-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Murderer" who eats the man?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A lion.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A snake.
2. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
(b) Locals of a village.
(c) Names of rivers.
3. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
(a) A thief.
(b) The Gods.
(c) The sun.
(d) The northwind.
4. In "The Cat and the Hens" which animal disguises himself?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goat.
(c) A hen.
(d) A dog.
5. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
(a) He hides in the bush and gets eaten by an animal.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is carried away by the eagle.
(d) He runs away from the loser.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
2. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
3. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
4. What item does the merchant sell in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
5. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)