|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 61-65 | Fables 66-70 | Fables 71-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Fox and the Woodcutter" what do we learn of the fox?
(a) That he is brave.
(b) That is he very dumb.
(c) That he is wise.
(d) That he is as cunning as ever.
2. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
(a) Trying to steal from him.
(b) Trying to beat him.
(c) Trying to run away with him.
(d) Trying to rub the color off of his skin.
3. In "The Man Who Found a Golden Lion" the statue represents which animal?
(a) A goat.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A lion.
4. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) To an eagle.
(b) To Hermes.
(c) To a fox.
(d) To a beetle.
5. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is temporary.
(b) It is not changeable.
(c) It is changeable.
(d) It is permanent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Two Men Who Quarreled About the Gods" who or what are Theseus and Herakles?
2. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
3. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
4. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
5. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)