|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 61-65 | Fables 66-70 | Fables 71-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
(a) The eagle.
(b) The tiger.
(c) The lion.
(d) The jackdaw.
2. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
(a) To a beetle.
(b) To Hermes.
(c) To an eagle.
(d) To a fox.
3. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
(a) Because the the Gods want to eat it.
(b) Because the farmer wants his wishes granted.
(c) Because the goat is jealous.
(d) Because the vet prescribes goat lung for the donkey.
4. In "The Ethiopian" what is the man doing to the slave?
(a) Trying to run away with him.
(b) Trying to rub the color off of his skin.
(c) Trying to beat him.
(d) Trying to steal from him.
5. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
(a) Because that goat ignored the goatherd when he was calling it back.
(b) Because the goat was troubling the other goats of the herd.
(c) Because the goatherd wanted to sell the goat's horns.
(d) Because that goat tried to harm the goatherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
2. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
3. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
4. In "The Murderer" who eats the man?
5. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)