|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 61-65 | Fables 66-70 | Fables 71-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
(a) Because the the Gods want to eat it.
(b) Because the goat is jealous.
(c) Because the farmer wants his wishes granted.
(d) Because the vet prescribes goat lung for the donkey.
2. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
(a) A lion cub.
(b) A wolf cub.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A fox cub.
3. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
(a) He is carried away by the eagle.
(b) He dies.
(c) He runs away from the loser.
(d) He hides in the bush and gets eaten by an animal.
4. In "The Murderer" who eats the man?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A lion.
(d) A snake.
5. In fable "The Cat and the Hens" why does the goatherd break a horn of one of the goats?
(a) Because the goatherd wanted to sell the goat's horns.
(b) Because that goat ignored the goatherd when he was calling it back.
(c) Because the goat was troubling the other goats of the herd.
(d) Because that goat tried to harm the goatherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the merchant sell this item to in "The Man Selling a Holy Statue"?
2. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
3. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
4. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
5. In "The Fox and the Leopard" which two animals are comparing themselves?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)