|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 61-65 | Fables 66-70 | Fables 71-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
(a) He is sold into slavery.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is given 1000 drachmas.
(d) He is beaten up by the pirates.
2. Who eats the fox's cubs in "The Eagle and the Fox"?
(a) The lion.
(b) The eagle.
(c) The tiger.
(d) The jackdaw.
3. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
(a) Fables 31 and 32.
(b) Fables 30 and 31.
(c) Fables 28 and 29.
(d) Fables 29 and 30.
4. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
(a) A river.
(b) An animal.
(c) A God.
(d) A bird.
5. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" how many mistresses does the man have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
2. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus throw into the water a second time?
3. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
4. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
5. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)