|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 121-125 | Fables 126-130 | Fables 131-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Zeus and the Snake" from which animal does Zeus refuse to take a wedding gift?
(a) A lion.
(b) A snake.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A fox.
2. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
(a) He is given 1000 drachmas.
(b) He is sold into slavery.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is beaten up by the pirates.
3. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) Because the hollow closes up.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because his whole body swells.
(d) Because his stomach swells.
4. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
(a) Apollo and Momos.
(b) Zeus and Hermes.
(c) Zeus and Apollo.
(d) Apollo and Hermes.
5. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
(a) The Gods.
(b) The northwind.
(c) A thief.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
2. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
3. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
4. In "The Mule" what does the mule realize about her father?
5. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)