|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 121-125 | Fables 126-130 | Fables 131-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Frogs Who Demanded a King" what does Zeus throw into the water a second time?
(a) A water snake.
(c) A scorpion.
(d) A stick.
2. In "The Three Oxen and the Lion" how does the lion eat the oxen?
(a) By hunting them when they are sleeping.
(b) By seperating them.
(c) By chasing them all.
(d) By eating them all at once.
3. In "The Goat and the Donkey" why is the goat sacrificed?
(a) Because the vet prescribes goat lung for the donkey.
(b) Because the farmer wants his wishes granted.
(c) Because the goat is jealous.
(d) Because the the Gods want to eat it.
4. In "The Cheat" what happens to the poor man?
(a) He is sold into slavery.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is given 1000 drachmas.
(d) He is beaten up by the pirates.
5. In "The Foxes on the Bank of the Meander River" what pulls the fox away from the rest of his clan?
(a) A chase from another animal.
(b) He chasing another animal.
(c) His hunger.
(d) A strong current.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
2. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" which animal does not come to Zeus's wedding feast?
3. In "The Mule" what does the mule realize about her father?
4. In "Diogenes and the Bald Man" who is Diogenes?
5. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)