|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 121-125 | Fables 126-130 | Fables 131-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Two Cocks and the Eagle" what happens to the winner of the cock fight?
(a) He is carried away by the eagle.
(b) He runs away from the loser.
(c) He dies.
(d) He hides in the bush and gets eaten by an animal.
2. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
(a) Apollo and Hermes.
(b) Zeus and Hermes.
(c) Apollo and Momos.
(d) Zeus and Apollo.
3. In "Zeus and the Tortoise" which animal does not come to Zeus's wedding feast?
(a) The tortoise.
(b) The snake.
(c) The fox.
(d) The lion.
4. In "The Halcyon" what is a halcyon?
(a) A God.
(b) An animal.
(c) A river.
(d) A bird.
5. In "The North Wind and the Sun" who succeeds in removing the man's clothes?
(a) The sun.
(b) The northwind.
(c) A thief.
(d) The Gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
2. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
3. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
4. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
5. Which of the fables mark the beginning of the Fox Fables?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)