Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 121-125 | Fables 126-130 | Fables 131-135.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
(a) Because she curses one of the Gods.
(b) Because she imitates one of the Gods.
(c) Because she sells charms to appease the angry Gods.
(d) Because she tries to cheat one of the Gods.
2. In "Zeus and Apollo" who competes at archery?
(a) Zeus and Hermes.
(b) Zeus and Apollo.
(c) Apollo and Hermes.
(d) Apollo and Momos.
3. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
(a) An antelope.
(b) A deer.
(c) A stag.
(d) An ox.
4. In "The Fox with a Swollen Stomach" why is the fox not able to come out of the hollow of the oak tree?
(a) Because his stomach swells.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because his whole body swells.
(d) Because the hollow closes up.
5. In "The Mule" what does the mule realize about her father?
(a) That he was an intelligent mule.
(b) That he was very handsome.
(c) That he was hated by everyone.
(d) That he was an ass.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Middle-aged Man and His Mistresses" how many mistresses does the man have?
2. In "The Kite and the Snake" who bites the kite?
3. In "The Doctor and the Sick Man" how does the doctor's patient die?
4. In "The Ox-driver and Herakles" whom does the ox-driver invoke when his wagon falls?
5. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)