|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 221-225 | Fables 226-230.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Crab and the Fox" what happens to the crab?
(a) He is eaten by the fox.
(b) He is caught by fishermen.
(c) He is stung by a shellfish.
(d) He is eaten by a stork.
2. In "The Satisfied Wolf and the Ewe" whom does the wolf see lying on its own back?
(a) An ewe.
(b) A dog.
(c) A fox.
(d) A hyena.
3. In "The Sorceress" why is the sorceress sentenced to death?
(a) Because she tries to cheat one of the Gods.
(b) Because she curses one of the Gods.
(c) Because she imitates one of the Gods.
(d) Because she sells charms to appease the angry Gods.
4. In "The Reed and the Olive" which tree snaps?
(a) The oak tree.
(b) The olive tree.
(c) The apple tree.
(d) The reed tree.
5. In "The Aging Lion and the Fox" how does the old lion manage to kill other animals?
(a) By having a fox kill them.
(b) By pretending to be sick.
(c) By asking a pack of wolves to hunt them for him.
(d) By asking his man friend to kill them for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Lioness and the Vixen" why does the vixen criticize the lioness?
2. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
3. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
4. In "The Orator Demades" who is Demeter ?
5. In "The Blind Man" what is given to the blind man?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)