|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fables 221-225 | Fables 226-230.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Reed and the Olive" which two trees are arguing?
(a) The apple and the oak tree.
(b) The olive and the oak tree.
(c) The reed and the olive tree.
(d) The reed and the apple tree.
2. In "The Hind Afflicted by Deformity" what happens to the hind?
(a) She is caught by poaching sailors.
(b) She is badly hurt.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is killed by an animal.
3. What do we learn about Man's nature from "The Man and the Satyr"?
(a) It is permanent.
(b) It is temporary.
(c) It is changeable.
(d) It is not changeable.
4. In "The Men and Zeus" what is the gift given by Zeus to Man?
(a) Gift of power.
(b) Gift of wisdom.
(c) Gift of speech.
(d) Gift of voice.
5. In "The Aging Lion and the Fox" how does the old lion manage to kill other animals?
(a) By pretending to be sick.
(b) By asking a pack of wolves to hunt them for him.
(c) By asking his man friend to kill them for him.
(d) By having a fox kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Reed and the Olive" which tree snaps?
2. In "The Man and the Lion Traveling Together" who emerges stronger?
3. In "The Stag at the Spring and the Lion" which animal is admiring its own reflection?
4. In "The Hares and the Frogs" which animals decide to kill themselves?
5. In "The Wolf and the Lion" who eats the lamb after the wolf steals it?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)