|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
2. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
3. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
4. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
5. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Aeneas start the line that turns into the rulers of the Roman Empire?
2. What fate does Laocoön meet and why?
3. What can you tell about how Aeneas is growing as a leader from his behavior at the funeral games?
4. What message does Anchises give Aeneas in a dream?
5. What is the problem with Aeneas remaining in Carthage?
6. How does talking to Anchises prepare Aeneas to go build a new city for the Trojans in Italy?
7. Why is Juno so angry with the Trojans?
8. Describe the Sibyl.
9. Which gods and goddesses are actually involved in the fall of Troy and what actions do they take?
10. What are some instances where Aeneas betrays a hastiness in temperament in Book 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Latinus as a leader with Aeneas as a leader, taking into account what characteristics a leader should possess and examining each man's actions as a leader at different times in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the actions of Juno and Venus throughout the story. For what reasons do these two goddesses become entangled in the affairs of humans? At what points do they cross the line and become too involved? At what points does Jupiter intervene and tell them to stop? What techniques and strategies do they use to change the outcomes of events in the world below?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the information about the future depicted on the shield of Aeneas with the information about the future told to Aeneas when he travels to the underworld to see Anchises. How are the depictions alike? How are they different? What might these similarities and differences signify?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)