|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the feast the Arcadians are having celebrate?
(a) When Dardandus left to found Troy.
(b) When Hercules slew the beast Cacus.
(c) When the Arcadians defeated the Latins in battle.
(d) The anniversary of Evander becoming king.
2. How does Nisus die?
(a) He is ripped apart while Volcens' men are retrieving the booty he stole from the Rutulian camp.
(b) He is struck down by Jupiter.
(c) He is killed by Volcens' men while killing Volcens for killing Euryalus.
(d) He is attacked by the Furies.
3. Which of the following is not one of the ways Juno suggests Juturna try to save Turnus?
(a) To convince Jupiter to intervene.
(b) To get the two sides to break the pact.
(c) To snatch him back from death.
(d) To start the war again.
4. What favor does Aeneas generously grant the Latin petition?
(a) He will return Mezentius' weapons and armor.
(b) He will speak to Turnus about ending the conflict.
(c) He will pray to Jupiter and the gods on their behalf.
(d) He will return their dead for proper burial.
5. What does Jupiter tell Hercules is the labor of the brave, since human lifetimes are so short?
(a) To die as soon as possible in battle.
(b) To make sacrifices to all the gods.
(c) To spend every moment helping the weak.
(d) To make their fame last through great deeds.
6. Which of the following is NOT something Vulcan and the Cyclops crafted?
(a) A chariot for Mars.
(b) A helmet for Apollo.
(c) A lightning bolt for Jupiter.
(d) An aegis for Pallas.
7. For what does Juno blame Aeneas in regard to the current conflict?
(a) She blames him for the unfair advantage of his new armor.
(b) She blames him for relying on Venus' help.
(c) She blames him for trying to abduct Lavinia.
(d) She blames him for leaving camp in charge of Ascanius.
8. Who does the queen of Latium want her daughter to marry?
9. Why does Aeneas lose his temper and kill Turnus instead of showing mercy?
(a) He knows he will never have peace as long as Turnus lives.
(b) Allecto plants anger in his heart.
(c) He sees Turnus wearing Pallas' swordbelt.
(d) Jupiter commands him to do so.
10. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
(a) He cuts down with his sword a Rutulian trying to climb into the Trojan camp.
(b) He shoots Remulus through the head with an arrow.
(c) He uses his shield to protect another soldier from a rain of arrows.
(d) He fights Turnus with an ax.
11. What is one of Juno's arguments for why it was right for her to have helped the Rutulians?
(a) Other gods helped Aeneas by spiriting him to safety and turning his ships into nymphs.
(b) She is spending an equal amount of time helping Aeneas.
(c) The Rutulians are fated to rule, and she is just helping them fulfill that fate.
(d) The Rutulians made all the right sacrifices to her.
12. What does Drancës call on Turnus to do?
(a) Pay Lavinia's ransom.
(b) Relinquish his claim to Lavinia and meet Aeneas in single combat.
(c) Go into exile.
(d) Surrender himself as Aeneas' prisoner.
13. How does Arruns kill Camilla?
(a) In hand-to-hand combat.
(b) With a thrown javelin.
(c) He only wounds her.
(d) Accidentally, with a misplaced axe swing.
14. Who slays Arruns?
15. How does Lausus die?
(a) He takes his father's place in the fight against Aeneas.
(b) He is cut down by Pallas.
(c) He is struck down by the gods for blasphemy.
(d) He is killed trying to kill Ascanius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
2. Who does Aeneas convince to pledge to fight with him?
3. What does Virgil do to prepare to talk about the warfare between the Trojans and the Rutulians?
4. What does Venus use to convince her husband Vulcan to make armor for Aeneas?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the examples that Venus lists of ways that Juno ignored Jupiter's will and tried to form new destinies for men?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)