|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
(a) His prayers convince the harbor god to help him.
(b) He capsizes the boats of his opponents.
(c) He has Aeneas help him.
(d) He constructs the best boat.
2. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
3. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(b) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(c) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(d) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Vulcan and the Cyclops crafted?
(a) An aegis for Pallas.
(b) A lightning bolt for Jupiter.
(c) A helmet for Apollo.
(d) A chariot for Mars.
5. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To destroy the Trojans.
(b) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(c) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(d) To win a bet with Jupiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
3. Who blinded Polyphemus?
4. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
5. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)