|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
2. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
3. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
(a) He sets fire to a holy altar.
(b) He murders Priam's son.
(c) He takes away Priam's sword.
(d) He claims to be Priam's son.
4. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
(a) That he left her lands against his will.
(b) That he can bring her back to life now.
(c) That she should have waited becauase he was coming back for her.
(d) That he needs her help to find his father's ghost.
5. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) King Priam's sword and shield.
(b) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
(d) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Aeneas attribute Darës' inability to beat Entellus?
2. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
4. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
5. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)