|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aetna?
(a) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(b) A volcano.
(c) A huge waterfall.
(d) A large river.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Vulcan and the Cyclops crafted?
(a) A lightning bolt for Jupiter.
(b) A helmet for Apollo.
(c) An aegis for Pallas.
(d) A chariot for Mars.
3. At the beginning of Book V, why is the city behind Aeneas' departing ships bright?
(a) Dido has lit all the torches to light him on his journey.
(b) The gods are shedding light on it to bless it.
(c) DIdo is burning a dummy figure of Aeneas in revenge.
(d) Dido's pyre is burning.
4. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
(a) He wants Juno to stop bothering his country.
(b) He is good friends with Dido and wants Jupiter to protect her new love.
(c) He is angry that after he gave Dido land for her city, she has taken up with someone else.
(d) He wants counsel about how best to attack Dido's lands while she is distracted with Aeneas.
5. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
(a) What happened to Odysseus during his Odyssey.
(b) How Troy fell and how the Trojans traveled to Carthage.
(c) How his parents met and had hims
(d) The story of Eros and Psyche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
2. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
3. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
4. Why does Palinurus fall overboard?
5. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)