|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
2. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(b) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(c) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(d) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
3. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
(b) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
(c) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
(d) King Priam's sword and shield.
4. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
(a) The fall of Troy.
(b) The death of Anchises.
(c) Paris taking Helen.
(d) Leaving Dido's city.
5. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
(a) She smiles and tells him all is forgiven.
(b) She reenacts her suicide.
(c) She flees from him and returns to her first husband, Sychaeus.
(d) She falls to her knees and pleads with him to take her away with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
2. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
3. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
4. What do seers say it means when Lavinia's hair glows with divine fire?
5. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)