|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were visited by Mercury.
(b) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(c) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(d) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
2. What is the job of the Sibyl?
(a) To guard a special cave entrance.
(b) To give directions on where to go.
(c) To tell people what will happen.
(d) To advise people on what jobs to take.
3. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
(a) Paris taking Helen.
(b) Leaving Dido's city.
(c) The fall of Troy.
(d) The death of Anchises.
4. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) For the strength to stand up and run.
(b) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
(c) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(d) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
5. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
2. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
3. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
4. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
5. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)