|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) Two doves from Venus.
(b) He finds it on his own.
(c) The ghost of Misenus.
(d) The Sibyl.
2. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
(a) Haunt him as a spirit after she dies.
(b) Marry a neighboring king to keep her lands safe.
(c) Follow him to kill him.
(d) Construct a temple in his honor.
3. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
(a) She does not think their love will last.
(b) She does not want Italy's future power diverted to Carthage.
(c) She does not think it fair to Dido to make her rule with Aeneas.
(d) She wants Aeneas to be the sole ruler of Carthage.
4. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
(a) He has heard tales of their great feats.
(b) He fought against them in the Trojan War.
(c) He does not know who they are.
(d) They are fellow Trojans.
5. What does Juno plan to do in Book VII to stop Aeneas from ruling Italy?
(a) She will spirit Aeneas away to another land.
(b) She will bring down a plague on Latium until Aeneas leaves.
(c) She will enlist Apollo's aid in frightening Aeneas away.
(d) She will delay the wedding with Lavinia and destroy both peoples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
2. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
3. With whose funeral does Book VII open?
4. How is Turnus spurred to make war on both King Latinus and the Trojans?
5. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)