|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
2. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(b) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(c) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(d) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
3. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) On a boat at sea.
(b) At the ruins of Troy.
(c) In a cave.
(d) At the altar of Juno.
4. How does King Latinus welcome the Trojans to Latinum?
(a) Angrily, because the queen is forcing him to be polite to them.
(b) Gladly, because he wants Aeneas to marry his daughter.
(c) Sadly, because he knows their coming fortells his death.
(d) Duplicitously, because he plans to murder them and take their treasure and ships.
5. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
(a) He must wait for Venus to come take him.
(b) He must pick the golden bough.
(c) He must wrestle the gatekeeper and win.
(d) He must find and follow Orpheus down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
2. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
3. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
4. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
5. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)