|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
(a) He is angry that after he gave Dido land for her city, she has taken up with someone else.
(b) He wants counsel about how best to attack Dido's lands while she is distracted with Aeneas.
(c) He is good friends with Dido and wants Jupiter to protect her new love.
(d) He wants Juno to stop bothering his country.
2. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
(a) He must wait for Venus to come take him.
(b) He must pick the golden bough.
(c) He must wrestle the gatekeeper and win.
(d) He must find and follow Orpheus down.
3. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
4. Evander, unaware, is the founder of which of the following?
(a) The sacred wood of Argiletum.
(b) The Lupercal grotto.
(c) Rome's great citadel.
(d) The first military school in Italy.
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) Another flock of Harpies.
(b) A group of sirens.
(c) A herd of Cyclops.
(d) The wrath of Juno.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Evander plan to use as Aeneas' new army?
2. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
3. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
4. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
5. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)