|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
(b) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
(c) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(d) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
2. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
(b) It is a sign of respect and morning.
(c) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
(d) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
3. Why does Aeneas trust he can approach Evander safely as a supplicant?
(a) They are related through their ancestors.
(b) Cupid has gone before him and won Evander over.
(c) A white pig in a dream tells him he can.
(d) Evander is an enemy to Juno.
4. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(b) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(c) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
(d) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
5. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
(a) Marry a neighboring king to keep her lands safe.
(b) Construct a temple in his honor.
(c) Follow him to kill him.
(d) Haunt him as a spirit after she dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
2. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
3. What does Venus use to convince her husband Vulcan to make armor for Aeneas?
4. Who blinded Polyphemus?
5. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)