|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(b) They were visited by Mercury.
(c) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(d) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
2. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
(b) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
(c) Death and betrayal.
(d) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
3. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
(b) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
(c) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
(d) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
4. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) In a wheeled cart.
(b) By pulling him along by the hand.
(c) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(d) On his back.
5. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(b) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(c) For his best toga and shield.
(d) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
2. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
3. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
4. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
5. What does the goddess Circe do to those she enchants?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)