|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears to Aeneas in a dream to tell him where to find people willing to ally themselves with the Trojans against the Latins?
(a) Venus, to help her son.
(b) Anchises, to confirm for Aeneas that he is in the right place.
(c) Tiberinus, the river god of the Tiber.
(d) Allecto, who hopes to lead him astray.
2. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(b) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(c) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(d) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
3. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) On a boat at sea.
(b) At the ruins of Troy.
(c) At the altar of Juno.
(d) In a cave.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
(b) To head for the shoreline to the west.
(c) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(d) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
5. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
2. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
3. Who does the queen of Latium want her daughter to marry?
4. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
5. What does Juno plan to do in Book VII to stop Aeneas from ruling Italy?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)