|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
(b) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(c) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
(d) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
2. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
(a) Blood flows from the plant.
(b) Fire surrounds his head.
(c) Lightning flashes in the sky.
(d) Jupiter's voice thunders above.
3. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
(a) She smiles and tells him all is forgiven.
(b) She reenacts her suicide.
(c) She falls to her knees and pleads with him to take her away with him.
(d) She flees from him and returns to her first husband, Sychaeus.
4. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
(a) They must craft new bodies for themselves.
(b) They must petition the kind of the underworld to be reborn.
(c) They must drink from the water of Lethe to forget their memories.
(d) They must sneak past Charon.
5. How does Nisus try to help his friend Euryalus win first prize in the foot race?
(a) He refuses to compete himself.
(b) He discourages others from entering the contest.
(c) He trips Salius.
(d) He cheers loudly for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Vulcan and the Cyclops crafted?
2. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
4. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
5. What did the god Saturn give the first people in Latinum to start their civilization?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)