|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
(b) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
(c) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
(d) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
2. What do seers say it means when Lavinia's hair glows with divine fire?
(a) That she will be famous and receive glory, but also bring war on her people.
(b) That she is destined to become the next Sibyl.
(c) That she be taken up to Olympus to wed a god.
(d) That she will die by fire.
3. Why does Aeneas trust he can approach Evander safely as a supplicant?
(a) Cupid has gone before him and won Evander over.
(b) Evander is an enemy to Juno.
(c) A white pig in a dream tells him he can.
(d) They are related through their ancestors.
4. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
5. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
(b) For the strength to stand up and run.
(c) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(d) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
2. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
3. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
4. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
5. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)