|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
(a) He didn't want to take the chance to fight Darës away from Acestës.
(b) He would be embarrased to lose to Darës.
(c) He is getting older and his body is slower than it was.
(d) He no longer believes that fighting is a good thing to do.
2. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(b) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(c) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(d) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
3. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
(b) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
(c) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
(d) Death and betrayal.
4. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) By pulling him along by the hand.
(b) In a wheeled cart.
(c) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(d) On his back.
5. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
(a) Dido persuades Aeneas to help her people build better ships.
(b) Dido presses herself against the couch where Aeneas sat.
(c) All construction of the city of Carthage stops.
(d) Dido keeps holding Ascanius on her lap because he looks like Aeneas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
2. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
3. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
4. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
5. Evander, unaware, is the founder of which of the following?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)