|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(b) The counsel of her sister.
(c) Her responsibilities as queen.
(d) Her duty to help Aeneas.
2. How does King Latinus welcome the Trojans to Latinum?
(a) Sadly, because he knows their coming fortells his death.
(b) Duplicitously, because he plans to murder them and take their treasure and ships.
(c) Angrily, because the queen is forcing him to be polite to them.
(d) Gladly, because he wants Aeneas to marry his daughter.
3. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
(a) Fire surrounds his head.
(b) Jupiter's voice thunders above.
(c) Blood flows from the plant.
(d) Lightning flashes in the sky.
4. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
(b) For the strength to stand up and run.
(c) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
(d) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
5. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) The Sibyl.
(b) Two doves from Venus.
(c) The ghost of Misenus.
(d) He finds it on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
2. What does Ilioneus ask for from King Latinus?
3. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
4. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
5. Who is Andromache's new husband?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)