|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
(a) He takes away Priam's sword.
(b) He claims to be Priam's son.
(c) He sets fire to a holy altar.
(d) He murders Priam's son.
2. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(b) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
(c) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(d) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
3. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
(a) She does not think it fair to Dido to make her rule with Aeneas.
(b) She wants Aeneas to be the sole ruler of Carthage.
(c) She does not want Italy's future power diverted to Carthage.
(d) She does not think their love will last.
4. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
(a) Rumor tells her.
(b) Juno tells her.
(c) Aeneas tells her.
(d) Jupiter tells her.
5. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(a) Her favorite handmaiden.
(c) King Iarbas.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
2. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
3. Who does Evander plan to use as Aeneas' new army?
4. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
5. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)