|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) Another flock of Harpies.
(b) A group of sirens.
(c) A herd of Cyclops.
(d) The wrath of Juno.
2. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
3. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(b) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(c) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(d) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
4. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
(a) It begins to rain.
(b) A rainbow appears in the sky.
(c) There is a flash of lightning followed by a clap of thunder.
(d) His arrow makes a trail of flame and burns away to nothing.
5. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(a) A huntress.
(d) Her son, Cupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
2. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
3. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
4. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
5. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)