|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
2. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) For permission to woo her.
(b) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
(c) For directions to Troy.
(d) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
3. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
(a) He was left behind to spy on the Trojans.
(b) He escaped before the Danaans could sacrifice him in exchange for good winds home.
(c) He snuck away because he wants to help the Trojans beat the Danaans.
(d) He has been sent to the Trojans as an ambassador of peace.
4. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) He finds it on his own.
(b) Two doves from Venus.
(c) The Sibyl.
(d) The ghost of Misenus.
5. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His dead king Priam's body.
(b) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
(c) His wife, Creusa.
(d) His mother, Venus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
2. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
3. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
4. Who blinded Polyphemus?
5. What pictures are shown on the shield Venus gives to Aeneas?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)