|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
2. With whose funeral does Book VII open?
3. How does King Latinus welcome the Trojans to Latinum?
(a) Gladly, because he wants Aeneas to marry his daughter.
(b) Duplicitously, because he plans to murder them and take their treasure and ships.
(c) Angrily, because the queen is forcing him to be polite to them.
(d) Sadly, because he knows their coming fortells his death.
4. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
(a) He murders Priam's son.
(b) He sets fire to a holy altar.
(c) He takes away Priam's sword.
(d) He claims to be Priam's son.
5. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
2. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
3. What does Juno plan to do in Book VII to stop Aeneas from ruling Italy?
4. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
5. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)