|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A huge bronze shield.
(b) A cloud of mist.
(c) A magic cape.
(d) A leather mask.
2. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(b) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(c) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(d) He wants to save her from her fate.
3. How is Turnus spurred to make war on both King Latinus and the Trojans?
(a) Bacchus intoxicates his mind.
(b) Allecto plants a smoking torch in his body that fills him with a lust for war.
(c) Jupiter visits him and promises to help him defeat them both.
(d) Vulcan supplies him with weapons that cannot be defeated.
4. How does Nisus try to help his friend Euryalus win first prize in the foot race?
(a) He discourages others from entering the contest.
(b) He refuses to compete himself.
(c) He cheers loudly for him.
(d) He trips Salius.
5. Who does the queen of Latium want her daughter to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
2. For what purpose does Virgil invoke Erato, the Muse of Desire?
3. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
4. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
5. What does the feast the Arcadians are having celebrate?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)