|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
(b) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
(c) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
(d) It is a sign of respect and morning.
2. What does the goddess Circe do to those she enchants?
(a) She sings to lure them into the water, where they drown.
(b) She makes them immortal.
(c) She turns them into beasts.
(d) She leads them to the underworld.
3. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) The Sibyl.
(b) He finds it on his own.
(c) The ghost of Misenus.
(d) Two doves from Venus.
4. What do seers say it means when Lavinia's hair glows with divine fire?
(a) That she be taken up to Olympus to wed a god.
(b) That she will die by fire.
(c) That she will be famous and receive glory, but also bring war on her people.
(d) That she is destined to become the next Sibyl.
5. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
(a) How Troy fell and how the Trojans traveled to Carthage.
(b) How his parents met and had hims
(c) The story of Eros and Psyche.
(d) What happened to Odysseus during his Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
2. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
3. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
4. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
5. To what does Aeneas attribute Darës' inability to beat Entellus?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)