|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
(a) A flash of lightning.
(b) A snake.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A tongue of fire.
2. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) For the strength to stand up and run.
(b) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
(c) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(d) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
3. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
(b) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
(c) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(d) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
4. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
(b) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
(c) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(d) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
5. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
(a) Her brother killed her last husband.
(b) She does not want any man taking over her kingdom.
(c) She is pledged to Diana.
(d) She must wait until her sister Anna gets married first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
2. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
3. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
4. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
5. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)