|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
(a) Aeneas must find and give a pair of perfect horses to Neptune.
(b) Venus must sail with them.
(c) One life must be sacrificed.
(d) Aeneas must promise not to go to Italy.
2. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
(a) She flees from him and returns to her first husband, Sychaeus.
(b) She reenacts her suicide.
(c) She falls to her knees and pleads with him to take her away with him.
(d) She smiles and tells him all is forgiven.
3. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
(a) They must craft new bodies for themselves.
(b) They must petition the kind of the underworld to be reborn.
(c) They must drink from the water of Lethe to forget their memories.
(d) They must sneak past Charon.
4. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) A map to the underworld.
(b) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
(c) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(d) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(b) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(c) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
(d) To head for the shoreline to the west.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
2. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
3. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
4. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
5. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)