|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is remarkable about the boxing gloves of Eryx?
(a) They are heavy and huge.
(b) They are unused.
(c) He had a rule that no one could use them but him.
(d) He left them to his half-brother, Aeneas.
2. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) The Sibyl.
(b) The ghost of Misenus.
(c) He finds it on his own.
(d) Two doves from Venus.
3. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is lamenting his fate.
(b) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(c) He is resting peacefully.
(d) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
4. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(b) Sickened by a terrible plague.
(c) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(d) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) A group of sirens.
(b) A herd of Cyclops.
(c) Another flock of Harpies.
(d) The wrath of Juno.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
2. What is Aetna?
3. What is the job of the Sibyl?
4. Who is Andromache's new husband?
5. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)