|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
2. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
(a) He empathizes with their sufferings.
(b) Jupiter commands him to welcome them.
(c) He is secretly plotting against them.
(d) His mother was Trojan.
3. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(b) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
(c) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(d) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
4. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His dead king Priam's body.
(b) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
(c) His wife, Creusa.
(d) His mother, Venus.
5. What does Aeneas ask the gods through the Sibyl?
(a) He wants his father brought back to life.
(b) He wants help rebuilding the original Troy.
(c) He wants revenge on those who ruined Troy.
(d) He wants to settle peacefully in Latium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
2. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
3. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
4. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
5. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)