|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His dead king Priam's body.
(b) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
(c) His mother, Venus.
(d) His wife, Creusa.
2. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(b) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
(c) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
(d) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
3. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
(a) Scenes from the past history of Troy.
(b) Scenes of his future descendants in Italy.
(c) Scenes of what his followers are doing at the present moment.
(d) Scenes of what the deities are doing in Olympus.
4. Who sends Iris to talk to the mourning Trojan women?
(b) Dido's ghost.
5. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
(a) He must find and follow Orpheus down.
(b) He must wrestle the gatekeeper and win.
(c) He must pick the golden bough.
(d) He must wait for Venus to come take him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
2. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
3. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
4. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
5. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)