|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
(a) He constructs the best boat.
(b) He has Aeneas help him.
(c) He capsizes the boats of his opponents.
(d) His prayers convince the harbor god to help him.
2. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
(a) Scenes from the past history of Troy.
(b) Scenes of what the deities are doing in Olympus.
(c) Scenes of what his followers are doing at the present moment.
(d) Scenes of his future descendants in Italy.
3. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
(a) The story of Eros and Psyche.
(b) How Troy fell and how the Trojans traveled to Carthage.
(c) What happened to Odysseus during his Odyssey.
(d) How his parents met and had hims
4. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(b) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(c) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(d) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
5. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(b) He wants to save her from her fate.
(c) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(d) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
2. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
3. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
4. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
5. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)