|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) A map to the underworld.
(b) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(c) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
(d) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
2. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
3. What is the job of the Sibyl?
(a) To advise people on what jobs to take.
(b) To guard a special cave entrance.
(c) To give directions on where to go.
(d) To tell people what will happen.
4. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It turns to gold.
(c) It becomes covered in filth.
(d) It becomes theirs forever.
5. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
2. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
3. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
4. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
5. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)