|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Iris to talk to the mourning Trojan women?
(b) Dido's ghost.
2. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
(a) A snake.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A tongue of fire.
(d) A flash of lightning.
3. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(b) The sibyl of Cumae.
4. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
(b) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
(c) They only have enough food to make it that far.
(d) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
5. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(b) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(c) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(d) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
2. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
3. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
4. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
5. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)