|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
(b) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
(c) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(d) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
2. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
3. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
(a) Aeneas must promise not to go to Italy.
(b) Venus must sail with them.
(c) One life must be sacrificed.
(d) Aeneas must find and give a pair of perfect horses to Neptune.
4. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
(b) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(c) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(d) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
5. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
(a) Jupiter commands him to welcome them.
(b) He empathizes with their sufferings.
(c) His mother was Trojan.
(d) He is secretly plotting against them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
2. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
3. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
4. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
5. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)