|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(b) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(c) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(d) He wants to save her from her fate.
2. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
(b) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
(c) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
(d) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
3. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) For permission to woo her.
(b) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
(c) For directions to Troy.
(d) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
4. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
(b) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
(c) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
(d) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
5. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were visited by Mercury.
(b) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(c) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(d) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
2. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
3. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
4. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
5. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)