|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
2. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
(b) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
(c) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
(d) Death and betrayal.
3. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
(b) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
(c) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(d) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
4. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
(a) He has heard tales of their great feats.
(b) He does not know who they are.
(c) He fought against them in the Trojan War.
(d) They are fellow Trojans.
5. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
(a) He went looking for Palinurus under the water and drowned too.
(b) He pretended he could make music as well as the gods and Triton drowned him.
(c) He looked straight into the Sibyl's eyes.
(d) He ate the fruit of the golden bough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
2. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
3. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
4. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
5. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)