|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
2. When Dido sees Aeneas' men readying their ships to sail, for what does she plead?
(a) For Aeneas to wait to sail until the weather is better.
(b) That they sabotage the ships to keep Aeneas in Carthage.
(c) For them to leave plans with her people for how to build such wonderful ships.
(d) That they take her sister Anna with them as a guide.
3. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
(b) It is a sign of respect and morning.
(c) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
(d) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
4. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(b) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(c) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(d) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
5. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(c) A huntress.
(d) Her son, Cupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
2. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
3. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
4. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
5. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)