|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) King Priam's sword and shield.
(b) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
(c) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
(d) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
2. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
(a) The death of Anchises.
(b) Paris taking Helen.
(c) The fall of Troy.
(d) Leaving Dido's city.
3. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
(b) For permission to woo her.
(c) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
(d) For directions to Troy.
4. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(a) Her son, Cupid.
(c) A huntress.
5. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(b) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
(c) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(d) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
2. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
3. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
4. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
5. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)