|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
2. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
(a) She is pledged to Diana.
(b) Her brother killed her last husband.
(c) She must wait until her sister Anna gets married first.
(d) She does not want any man taking over her kingdom.
3. Why does Palinurus fall overboard?
(a) He is drunk while on duty.
(b) Somnus puts him to sleep and shoves him into the water.
(c) The boat lurches unexpectedly during a storm sent by Jupiter.
(d) He trips over Ascanius and falls.
4. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
(a) To find and bury his body.
(b) To avenge his death.
(c) To do anything to make Iulus a king.
(d) Never to let Achates helm the boat.
5. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(b) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
(c) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(d) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
2. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
3. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
4. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
5. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)