|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) In a cave.
(b) At the altar of Juno.
(c) On a boat at sea.
(d) At the ruins of Troy.
2. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
(b) Death and betrayal.
(c) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
(d) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
3. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
(a) They must craft new bodies for themselves.
(b) They must sneak past Charon.
(c) They must petition the kind of the underworld to be reborn.
(d) They must drink from the water of Lethe to forget their memories.
4. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(b) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(c) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(d) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
5. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) For the strength to stand up and run.
(b) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
(c) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(d) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
2. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
3. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
4. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
5. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)