|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(b) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(c) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(d) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
2. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(c) A huntress.
(d) Her son, Cupid.
3. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
(a) Two doves from Venus.
(b) The ghost of Misenus.
(c) The Sibyl.
(d) He finds it on his own.
4. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
(b) For permission to woo her.
(c) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
(d) For directions to Troy.
5. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(b) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(c) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(d) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
2. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
3. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
4. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
5. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)