|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
(a) He went looking for Palinurus under the water and drowned too.
(b) He looked straight into the Sibyl's eyes.
(c) He pretended he could make music as well as the gods and Triton drowned him.
(d) He ate the fruit of the golden bough.
2. Who sends Iris to talk to the mourning Trojan women?
(d) Dido's ghost.
3. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
(a) Aeneas tells her.
(b) Jupiter tells her.
(c) Rumor tells her.
(d) Juno tells her.
4. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
(a) Fire surrounds his head.
(b) Blood flows from the plant.
(c) Lightning flashes in the sky.
(d) Jupiter's voice thunders above.
5. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(c) The sibyl of Cumae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
2. How does Dido kill herself?
3. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
4. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
5. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)