|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
(a) A flash of lightning.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A snake.
(d) A tongue of fire.
2. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) Another flock of Harpies.
(b) A herd of Cyclops.
(c) The wrath of Juno.
(d) A group of sirens.
3. At the beginning of Book V, why is the city behind Aeneas' departing ships bright?
(a) DIdo is burning a dummy figure of Aeneas in revenge.
(b) Dido has lit all the torches to light him on his journey.
(c) The gods are shedding light on it to bless it.
(d) Dido's pyre is burning.
4. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(b) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(c) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(d) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
5. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dido kill herself?
2. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
3. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
4. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
5. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)