|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
(b) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
(c) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
(d) It is a sign of respect and morning.
2. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) Her own people hate her.
(b) She is stuck with his child to raise.
(c) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
(d) She has lost her integrity.
3. What is Aetna?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A huge waterfall.
(c) A large river.
(d) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
4. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
(b) Priam for being too proud.
(c) Helen and Paris for running away together.
(d) The harsh will of the gods.
5. Why does Palinurus fall overboard?
(a) He trips over Ascanius and falls.
(b) Somnus puts him to sleep and shoves him into the water.
(c) He is drunk while on duty.
(d) The boat lurches unexpectedly during a storm sent by Jupiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
2. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
3. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
4. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
5. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)