|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(b) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(c) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
(d) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
2. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is lamenting his fate.
(b) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(c) He is resting peacefully.
(d) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
3. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
(b) Her own people hate her.
(c) She is stuck with his child to raise.
(d) She has lost her integrity.
4. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) Helen and Paris for running away together.
(b) Priam for being too proud.
(c) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
(d) The harsh will of the gods.
5. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
(a) He must pick the golden bough.
(b) He must wait for Venus to come take him.
(c) He must wrestle the gatekeeper and win.
(d) He must find and follow Orpheus down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
2. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
3. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
4. Who blinded Polyphemus?
5. What is Aetna?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)