|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Sickened by a terrible plague.
(b) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(c) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(d) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
2. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
3. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
(b) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(c) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
(d) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
4. How does Dido kill herself?
(a) With a lion bite.
(b) By drowning.
(c) With a sword.
(d) With poison.
5. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) She is stuck with his child to raise.
(b) She has lost her integrity.
(c) Her own people hate her.
(d) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
2. To what does Aeneas attribute Darës' inability to beat Entellus?
3. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
4. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
5. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)