|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
(a) A foot race.
(b) Javelin and archery contests.
(c) A ship race.
(d) A chariot race.
2. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
(b) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
(c) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
(d) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
3. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
(a) He no longer believes that fighting is a good thing to do.
(b) He would be embarrased to lose to Darës.
(c) He is getting older and his body is slower than it was.
(d) He didn't want to take the chance to fight Darës away from Acestës.
4. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
(a) He went looking for Palinurus under the water and drowned too.
(b) He ate the fruit of the golden bough.
(c) He looked straight into the Sibyl's eyes.
(d) He pretended he could make music as well as the gods and Triton drowned him.
5. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
(a) Construct a temple in his honor.
(b) Marry a neighboring king to keep her lands safe.
(c) Haunt him as a spirit after she dies.
(d) Follow him to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
2. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
3. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
5. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)