|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
(b) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
(c) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
(d) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
2. Why does Palinurus fall overboard?
(a) The boat lurches unexpectedly during a storm sent by Jupiter.
(b) Somnus puts him to sleep and shoves him into the water.
(c) He is drunk while on duty.
(d) He trips over Ascanius and falls.
3. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) On a boat at sea.
(b) In a cave.
(c) At the ruins of Troy.
(d) At the altar of Juno.
4. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It turns to gold.
(c) It becomes theirs forever.
(d) It becomes covered in filth.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To head for the shoreline to the west.
(b) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(c) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(d) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
2. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
3. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
4. How did Polydorus die?
5. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)