|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(b) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(c) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(d) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
2. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
(b) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(c) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
(d) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
3. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
4. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
(b) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
(c) For the strength to stand up and run.
(d) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
5. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(b) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(c) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(d) To destroy the Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
2. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
3. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
4. Who is Andromache's new husband?
5. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)