|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
(a) Aeneas must promise not to go to Italy.
(b) Aeneas must find and give a pair of perfect horses to Neptune.
(c) Venus must sail with them.
(d) One life must be sacrificed.
2. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
(a) Follow him to kill him.
(b) Marry a neighboring king to keep her lands safe.
(c) Haunt him as a spirit after she dies.
(d) Construct a temple in his honor.
3. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
(a) Juno tells her.
(b) Jupiter tells her.
(c) Rumor tells her.
(d) Aeneas tells her.
4. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(a) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
(b) They will win the war against the Danaans.
(d) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
5. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(b) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
(c) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
(d) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
2. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
3. How does Dido kill herself?
4. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
5. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)