|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(b) He wants to save her from her fate.
(c) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(d) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
2. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
(a) He fought against them in the Trojan War.
(b) They are fellow Trojans.
(c) He has heard tales of their great feats.
(d) He does not know who they are.
3. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(a) Her favorite handmaiden.
(b) King Iarbas.
4. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
(a) She is pledged to Diana.
(b) She does not want any man taking over her kingdom.
(c) Her brother killed her last husband.
(d) She must wait until her sister Anna gets married first.
5. How does Dido kill herself?
(a) With a sword.
(b) With poison.
(c) By drowning.
(d) With a lion bite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
2. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
3. What is remarkable about the boxing gloves of Eryx?
4. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
5. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)