|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is remarkable about the boxing gloves of Eryx?
(a) They are unused.
(b) They are heavy and huge.
(c) He left them to his half-brother, Aeneas.
(d) He had a rule that no one could use them but him.
2. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
(b) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
(c) Death and betrayal.
(d) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
3. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
(b) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
(c) It is a sign of respect and morning.
(d) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
4. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(b) He wants to save her from her fate.
(c) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(d) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
5. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(d) The sibyl of Cumae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
2. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
3. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
4. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
5. Who is Andromache's new husband?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)