|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Aeneas attribute Darës' inability to beat Entellus?
(a) The fact that Darës does not want to win badly enough.
(b) The changed will of the gods.
(c) Darës' lack of skill.
(d) The inadequate gloves Darës is using.
2. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(b) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(c) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(d) Sickened by a terrible plague.
3. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A magic cape.
(b) A huge bronze shield.
(c) A cloud of mist.
(d) A leather mask.
4. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
5. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
(a) Dido keeps holding Ascanius on her lap because he looks like Aeneas.
(b) Dido presses herself against the couch where Aeneas sat.
(c) All construction of the city of Carthage stops.
(d) Dido persuades Aeneas to help her people build better ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
2. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
3. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
4. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
5. What is remarkable about the boxing gloves of Eryx?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)