|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
2. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
(a) He is secretly plotting against them.
(b) Jupiter commands him to welcome them.
(c) He empathizes with their sufferings.
(d) His mother was Trojan.
3. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(b) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(c) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(d) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
4. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(a) the Furies.
(c) Ulysses and his crewmen.
5. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
(a) One life must be sacrificed.
(b) Aeneas must promise not to go to Italy.
(c) Venus must sail with them.
(d) Aeneas must find and give a pair of perfect horses to Neptune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
2. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
3. Who sends Iris to talk to the mourning Trojan women?
4. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
5. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)