|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(b) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(c) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(d) To destroy the Trojans.
2. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
3. At the beginning of Book V, why is the city behind Aeneas' departing ships bright?
(a) The gods are shedding light on it to bless it.
(b) Dido has lit all the torches to light him on his journey.
(c) DIdo is burning a dummy figure of Aeneas in revenge.
(d) Dido's pyre is burning.
4. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(b) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(c) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(d) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
5. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
(a) He no longer believes that fighting is a good thing to do.
(b) He is getting older and his body is slower than it was.
(c) He didn't want to take the chance to fight Darës away from Acestës.
(d) He would be embarrased to lose to Darës.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
2. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
3. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
4. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
5. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)