|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andromache's new husband?
2. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(b) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(c) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(d) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
3. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(b) He wants to save her from her fate.
(c) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(d) He feels pity for her circumstances.
4. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
(b) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(c) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(d) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
5. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
(a) He has heard tales of their great feats.
(b) He does not know who they are.
(c) They are fellow Trojans.
(d) He fought against them in the Trojan War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
2. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
3. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
4. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
5. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)