|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(b) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
(c) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
(d) They will win the war against the Danaans.
2. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(b) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(c) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(d) Sickened by a terrible plague.
3. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
(a) Dido presses herself against the couch where Aeneas sat.
(b) Dido keeps holding Ascanius on her lap because he looks like Aeneas.
(c) All construction of the city of Carthage stops.
(d) Dido persuades Aeneas to help her people build better ships.
4. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
(a) His prayers convince the harbor god to help him.
(b) He has Aeneas help him.
(c) He constructs the best boat.
(d) He capsizes the boats of his opponents.
5. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) She has lost her integrity.
(b) Her own people hate her.
(c) She is stuck with his child to raise.
(d) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anchises think the voice in the temple is telling them to go build their new city?
2. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
3. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
4. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
5. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)