|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(b) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(c) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(d) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
2. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
3. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
(b) Helen and Paris for running away together.
(c) Priam for being too proud.
(d) The harsh will of the gods.
4. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
(b) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
(c) It is a sign of respect and morning.
(d) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
5. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
(a) Fire surrounds his head.
(b) Jupiter's voice thunders above.
(c) Blood flows from the plant.
(d) Lightning flashes in the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
2. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
3. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
4. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
5. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)