|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(b) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
(c) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
(d) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
2. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
(a) A new boat.
(b) sturdy shoes.
(c) A vial of precious oil.
(d) A shield.
3. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both laughter and tears.
(b) Both feast and famine.
(c) Both fame and fortune.
(d) Both war and peace.
4. To what does Aeneas attribute Darës' inability to beat Entellus?
(a) The inadequate gloves Darës is using.
(b) The changed will of the gods.
(c) Darës' lack of skill.
(d) The fact that Darës does not want to win badly enough.
5. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(b) For his best toga and shield.
(c) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(d) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
2. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
3. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
4. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
5. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)