|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(b) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(c) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
(d) To head for the shoreline to the west.
2. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both laughter and tears.
(b) Both fame and fortune.
(c) Both feast and famine.
(d) Both war and peace.
3. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
(a) Leaving Dido's city.
(b) The fall of Troy.
(c) Paris taking Helen.
(d) The death of Anchises.
4. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
(a) He ducks his punch and Entellus topples over.
(b) He has the advantage of using heavier gloves.
(c) Entellus makes Darës fall.
(d) He knocks him out with one solid blow.
5. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
(a) A flash of lightning.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A snake.
(d) A tongue of fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
2. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
3. How does Nisus try to help his friend Euryalus win first prize in the foot race?
4. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
5. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)