|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
(b) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
(c) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(d) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
2. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
(a) He is getting older and his body is slower than it was.
(b) He no longer believes that fighting is a good thing to do.
(c) He didn't want to take the chance to fight Darës away from Acestës.
(d) He would be embarrased to lose to Darës.
3. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(b) On his back.
(c) By pulling him along by the hand.
(d) In a wheeled cart.
4. To what does Aeneas attribute Darës' inability to beat Entellus?
(a) Darës' lack of skill.
(b) The changed will of the gods.
(c) The fact that Darës does not want to win badly enough.
(d) The inadequate gloves Darës is using.
5. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(b) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(c) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(d) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
3. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
4. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
5. Of what is Helenus' city a replica?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)