|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
(a) He sets fire to a holy altar.
(b) He takes away Priam's sword.
(c) He claims to be Priam's son.
(d) He murders Priam's son.
2. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
(a) That the settlers must practice better hygiene.
(b) That the gods wish to make the city stronger by weeding out the weak.
(c) That this is the wrong coast to settle and that they should leave for other lands.
(d) That they are being punished for not defending Troy better.
3. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
(b) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(c) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(d) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
4. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
(a) She does not want any man taking over her kingdom.
(b) She must wait until her sister Anna gets married first.
(c) She is pledged to Diana.
(d) Her brother killed her last husband.
5. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
(a) sturdy shoes.
(b) A new boat.
(c) A vial of precious oil.
(d) A shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
2. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
3. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
4. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
5. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)