|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) The harsh will of the gods.
(b) Helen and Paris for running away together.
(c) Priam for being too proud.
(d) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
2. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(b) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(c) For his best toga and shield.
(d) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
3. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
4. At the beginning of Book V, why is the city behind Aeneas' departing ships bright?
(a) Dido has lit all the torches to light him on his journey.
(b) Dido's pyre is burning.
(c) DIdo is burning a dummy figure of Aeneas in revenge.
(d) The gods are shedding light on it to bless it.
5. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(b) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(c) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(d) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
2. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
3. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
4. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
5. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)