|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
(b) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(c) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
(d) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
2. What reason does Entellus give for why he didn't volunteer immediately to fight Darës?
(a) He is getting older and his body is slower than it was.
(b) He no longer believes that fighting is a good thing to do.
(c) He would be embarrased to lose to Darës.
(d) He didn't want to take the chance to fight Darës away from Acestës.
3. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(b) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(c) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(d) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
4. When Dido sees Aeneas' men readying their ships to sail, for what does she plead?
(a) For them to leave plans with her people for how to build such wonderful ships.
(b) That they take her sister Anna with them as a guide.
(c) For Aeneas to wait to sail until the weather is better.
(d) That they sabotage the ships to keep Aeneas in Carthage.
5. When Aeneas and the Trojans land in Sicily at the beginning of Book V, a year has passed since which important event?
(a) Leaving Dido's city.
(b) The fall of Troy.
(c) Paris taking Helen.
(d) The death of Anchises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
2. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
3. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
4. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
5. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)