|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
(a) He must let the fire burn out on its own.
(b) He calls on Aeolus to blow the fire out.
(c) He asks Neptune to cover the ships with tall waves.
(d) He prays to Jupiter and a storm comes.
2. How does Nisus try to help his friend Euryalus win first prize in the foot race?
(a) He refuses to compete himself.
(b) He cheers loudly for him.
(c) He trips Salius.
(d) He discourages others from entering the contest.
3. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
(b) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
(c) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(d) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
4. Why does Palinurus fall overboard?
(a) The boat lurches unexpectedly during a storm sent by Jupiter.
(b) He trips over Ascanius and falls.
(c) Somnus puts him to sleep and shoves him into the water.
(d) He is drunk while on duty.
5. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his best toga and shield.
(b) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(c) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(d) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is remarkable about the boxing gloves of Eryx?
2. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
3. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
4. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
5. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)