|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
(b) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
(c) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
(d) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
2. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(b) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
(c) A map to the underworld.
(d) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
3. Why does Palinurus fall overboard?
(a) The boat lurches unexpectedly during a storm sent by Jupiter.
(b) Somnus puts him to sleep and shoves him into the water.
(c) He is drunk while on duty.
(d) He trips over Ascanius and falls.
4. Why does Venus at first think Juno's idea to have Dido and Aeneas marry and rule Carthage side by side is a bad one?
(a) She does not want Italy's future power diverted to Carthage.
(b) She wants Aeneas to be the sole ruler of Carthage.
(c) She does not think their love will last.
(d) She does not think it fair to Dido to make her rule with Aeneas.
5. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(b) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(c) To destroy the Trojans.
(d) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
2. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
3. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
4. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
5. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)