|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
(a) His prayers convince the harbor god to help him.
(b) He has Aeneas help him.
(c) He constructs the best boat.
(d) He capsizes the boats of his opponents.
2. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
(a) She has lost her integrity.
(b) She is stuck with his child to raise.
(c) Libyans and nomad kings hate her.
(d) Her own people hate her.
3. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(b) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(c) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(d) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
4. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
(a) He wants Aeneas to help Dido build Carthage into the finest city in the world.
(b) He wants Aeneas to stop praying to him.
(c) He wants Aeneas to do the right thing and marry Dido properly.
(d) For Aeneas to stop being distracted by Dido and her city and go build his own kingdom.
5. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) The harsh will of the gods.
(b) Helen and Paris for running away together.
(c) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
(d) Priam for being too proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
2. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
3. What is Aetna?
4. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
5. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)