|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A tongue of flame on his head.
(b) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
(c) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(d) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
2. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
(b) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
(c) It is a sign of respect and morning.
(d) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
3. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(b) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(c) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(d) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
4. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(b) Her favorite handmaiden.
(d) King Iarbas.
5. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(b) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(c) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(d) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
2. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
3. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
4. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
5. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)