|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
2. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(b) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(c) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(d) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
(a) To look for a sign--a giant white sow nursing a litter of piglets.
(b) To watch out for Scylla and Charybdis.
(c) To make prayers and sacrifices to Juno.
(d) To head for the shoreline to the west.
4. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(a) They will win the war against the Danaans.
(b) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
(d) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
5. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
2. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
3. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
4. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
5. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)