|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
(b) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(c) For the strength to stand up and run.
(d) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
2. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(b) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(c) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(d) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
3. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
4. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
(b) His mother, Venus.
(c) His dead king Priam's body.
(d) His wife, Creusa.
5. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) For permission to woo her.
(b) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
(c) For directions to Troy.
(d) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
2. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
3. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
4. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
5. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)