|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
(b) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(c) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(d) A tongue of flame on his head.
2. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
3. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(b) The counsel of her sister.
(c) Her responsibilities as queen.
(d) Her duty to help Aeneas.
4. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To destroy the Trojans.
(b) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(c) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(d) To win a bet with Jupiter.
5. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
(b) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
(c) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
(d) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
2. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
3. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
4. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
5. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)