|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(b) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(c) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(d) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
2. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
(b) A map to the underworld.
(c) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(d) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
3. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) For the strength to stand up and run.
(b) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
(c) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(d) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
4. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On his back.
(b) In a wheeled cart.
(c) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(d) By pulling him along by the hand.
5. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(b) Her duty to help Aeneas.
(c) The counsel of her sister.
(d) Her responsibilities as queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
2. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
3. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
4. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
5. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)