|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(b) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
(c) A map to the underworld.
(d) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
2. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
3. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(b) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
(c) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(d) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
4. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
5. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(b) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(c) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(d) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
2. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
3. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
4. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
5. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)