|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(b) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(c) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(d) They were visited by Mercury.
2. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) Her responsibilities as queen.
(b) Her duty to help Aeneas.
(c) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(d) The counsel of her sister.
3. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(b) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(c) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(d) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
4. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
(b) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
(c) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
(d) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
5. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(b) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
(c) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(d) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
2. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
3. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
4. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
5. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)