|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
2. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) For permission to woo her.
(b) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
(c) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
(d) For directions to Troy.
3. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
(b) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(c) For the strength to stand up and run.
(d) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
4. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He wants to save her from her fate.
(b) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(c) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(d) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
5. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
(a) How Troy fell and how the Trojans traveled to Carthage.
(b) How his parents met and had hims
(c) What happened to Odysseus during his Odyssey.
(d) The story of Eros and Psyche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
2. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
3. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
4. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
5. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)