|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
2. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
3. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(b) A huntress.
(d) Her son, Cupid.
4. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
(b) For directions to Troy.
(c) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
(d) For permission to woo her.
5. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(b) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(c) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(d) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
2. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
3. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
4. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
5. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)