|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
(b) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
(c) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
(d) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
2. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(b) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(c) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(d) For his best toga and shield.
3. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
(a) He has been sent to the Trojans as an ambassador of peace.
(b) He snuck away because he wants to help the Trojans beat the Danaans.
(c) He escaped before the Danaans could sacrifice him in exchange for good winds home.
(d) He was left behind to spy on the Trojans.
4. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A huge bronze shield.
(b) A magic cape.
(c) A cloud of mist.
(d) A leather mask.
5. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
(b) A map to the underworld.
(c) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
(d) Scenes of the Trojan War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
2. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
3. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
4. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
5. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)