|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(b) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(c) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(d) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
2. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(b) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(c) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(d) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
3. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On his back.
(b) In a wheeled cart.
(c) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(d) By pulling him along by the hand.
4. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
5. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(b) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(c) He wants to save her from her fate.
(d) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
2. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
3. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
4. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
5. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)