|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(b) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(c) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(d) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
2. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(b) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(c) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(d) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
3. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(b) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(c) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(d) They were visited by Mercury.
4. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(b) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(c) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(d) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
5. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To destroy the Trojans.
(b) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(c) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(d) To win a bet with Jupiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
2. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
3. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
4. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
5. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)