|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(b) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(c) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(d) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
2. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(b) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(c) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(d) They were visited by Mercury.
3. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) Her responsibilities as queen.
(b) The counsel of her sister.
(c) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(d) Her duty to help Aeneas.
4. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
5. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
2. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
3. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
4. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
5. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)