|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His mother, Venus.
(b) His wife, Creusa.
(c) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
(d) His dead king Priam's body.
2. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(b) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(c) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(d) To destroy the Trojans.
3. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) In a wheeled cart.
(b) By pulling him along by the hand.
(c) On his back.
(d) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
4. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
5. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(b) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(c) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
(d) They were visited by Mercury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
2. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
3. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
4. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
5. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)