|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
2. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) Her responsibilities as queen.
(b) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
(c) The counsel of her sister.
(d) Her duty to help Aeneas.
3. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(b) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(c) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(d) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
4. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) For directions to Troy.
(b) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
(c) For permission to woo her.
(d) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
5. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
(a) He claims to be Priam's son.
(b) He murders Priam's son.
(c) He sets fire to a holy altar.
(d) He takes away Priam's sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
2. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
3. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
4. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
5. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)