|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
2. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
3. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(b) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(c) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(d) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
4. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(b) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(c) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(d) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
5. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(b) For his best toga and shield.
(c) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(d) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
2. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
3. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
4. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
5. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)