|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
(b) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
(c) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
(d) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
2. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(b) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(c) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(d) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
3. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On his back.
(b) By pulling him along by the hand.
(c) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(d) In a wheeled cart.
4. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A cloud of mist.
(b) A leather mask.
(c) A magic cape.
(d) A huge bronze shield.
5. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
2. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
3. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
4. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
5. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)