|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
(a) He does not know who they are.
(b) They are fellow Trojans.
(c) He has heard tales of their great feats.
(d) He fought against them in the Trojan War.
2. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(b) For his best toga and shield.
(c) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(d) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
3. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
4. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
(a) A map to the underworld.
(b) Scenes of the Trojan War.
(c) Pictures of the gods and goddesses quarreling in Olympus.
(d) Portraits of monsters such as the Harpies and the Cyclops.
5. What tale does Dido want Aeneas to tell?
(a) What happened to Odysseus during his Odyssey.
(b) How Troy fell and how the Trojans traveled to Carthage.
(c) The story of Eros and Psyche.
(d) How his parents met and had hims
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
2. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
3. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
4. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
5. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)