|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(b) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(c) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(d) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
2. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(b) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
(c) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(d) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
3. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(b) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(c) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(d) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
4. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
(b) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(c) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(d) A tongue of flame on his head.
5. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will call on Venus to come save them.
(b) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(c) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(d) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
2. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
3. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
4. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
5. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)