|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(a) A huntress.
(d) Her son, Cupid.
2. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
(b) Death and betrayal.
(c) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
(d) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
3. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(b) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(c) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(d) They will call on Venus to come save them.
4. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(b) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(c) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(d) For his best toga and shield.
5. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(b) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(c) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(d) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
2. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
3. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
4. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
5. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)