|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
(b) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(c) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(d) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
2. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
3. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
(b) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(c) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(d) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
4. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
(a) He murders Priam's son.
(b) He takes away Priam's sword.
(c) He claims to be Priam's son.
(d) He sets fire to a holy altar.
5. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(b) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(c) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(d) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
2. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
3. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
4. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
5. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)