|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
(a) They will escape through a secret tunnel under the city.
(b) They will disguise themselves in Greek armor.
(c) They will hide inside the wooden horse until the Greeks take it back outside.
(d) They will call on Venus to come save them.
2. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(b) A huntress.
(c) Her son, Cupid.
3. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
4. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(b) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(c) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(d) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
5. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
(b) His mother, Venus.
(c) His wife, Creusa.
(d) His dead king Priam's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
2. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
3. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
4. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
5. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)