|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(b) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(c) A tongue of flame on his head.
(d) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
2. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
(a) He has been sent to the Trojans as an ambassador of peace.
(b) He escaped before the Danaans could sacrifice him in exchange for good winds home.
(c) He snuck away because he wants to help the Trojans beat the Danaans.
(d) He was left behind to spy on the Trojans.
3. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(b) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(c) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(d) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
4. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
(b) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
(c) Death and betrayal.
(d) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
5. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(b) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(c) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(d) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
2. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
3. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
4. What atrocity does Pyrrhus commit in front of Priam?
5. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)