|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He wants to save her from her fate.
(b) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(c) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(d) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
2. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(b) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
(c) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(d) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
3. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
(b) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
(c) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
(d) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
4. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His wife, Creusa.
(b) His dead king Priam's body.
(c) His mother, Venus.
(d) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
5. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(b) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(c) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(d) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
2. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
3. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
4. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
5. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)