|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(c) Her son, Cupid.
(d) A huntress.
2. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(b) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(c) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
(d) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
3. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To destroy the Trojans.
(b) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(c) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(d) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
4. What does the fake Iulus make Dido forget?
(a) Her duty to help Aeneas.
(b) The counsel of her sister.
(c) Her responsibilities as queen.
(d) The memory of her dead husband, Sychaeus.
5. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
(a) To punish Aeneas for not protecting the city better.
(b) To take revenge on the Greeks for sacking Troy.
(c) To keep his grandson Iulus safe.
(d) For the strength to stand up and run.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
2. Who tells Aeneas he is in Carthage?
3. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
4. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
5. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)