|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
(b) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
(c) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
(d) It is a sign of respect and morning.
2. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both laughter and tears.
(b) Both feast and famine.
(c) Both war and peace.
(d) Both fame and fortune.
3. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
(a) Marriage with a foreign bride.
(b) Vicious wars.
(c) Continued harassment from Juno.
(d) The death of Ascanius.
4. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
(a) That Latinus and his subjects must band together against strangers.
(b) That a special stranger will come with a body of men to take Latinus' fortress.
(c) That the tree must be cut down or Latium will fall.
(d) That there will be a good harvest that year.
5. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
(a) They will win the favor of the god Pallas.
(c) They will win the war against the Danaans.
(d) They will face the wrath of the goddess Minerva.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
2. How did Polydorus die?
3. Who appears in a dream to warn Aeneas to flee Troy?
4. Who does Evander plan to use as Aeneas' new army?
5. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)