Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Book V, why is the city behind Aeneas' departing ships bright?
(a) Dido has lit all the torches to light him on his journey.
(b) DIdo is burning a dummy figure of Aeneas in revenge.
(c) The gods are shedding light on it to bless it.
(d) Dido's pyre is burning.
2. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
(a) It is their true home, the land from which the forefathers of their people came.
(b) The Greeks will never be able to find and attack them there.
(c) It is Venus' land and she promises it to them.
(d) They only have enough food to make it that far.
3. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
(a) sturdy shoes.
(b) A vial of precious oil.
(c) A new boat.
(d) A shield.
4. Which of the following does the Sibyl NOT predict awaits Aeneas where he is going?
(a) Continued harassment from Juno.
(b) Marriage with a foreign bride.
(c) The death of Ascanius.
(d) Vicious wars.
5. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
(b) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
(c) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
(d) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
2. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
3. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
4. With whose funeral does Book VII open?
5. What does Ilioneus ask for from King Latinus?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)