Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
2. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
(a) He does not know who they are.
(b) They are fellow Trojans.
(c) He has heard tales of their great feats.
(d) He fought against them in the Trojan War.
3. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
(a) After years of hard work, he will rebuild Troy in the same place as it once was.
(b) If he will only travel to the underworld, he can bring her back to life.
(c) Though he will try to run, he will never escape the Danaans.
(d) After a long exile, Aeneas will land in Hesperia and rule a new kingdom.
4. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(b) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(c) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(d) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
5. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(b) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
(c) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(d) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uses his or her powers to keep the Trojans lost at sea?
2. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
3. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
4. What is Coroebus' idea for how he, Aeneas, and their companions can pass to safety?
5. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)