|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
(a) That they will be turned into Harpies as well.
(b) That the Trojans will never build their new city until they have experienced famine.
(c) That they will be shipwrecked every time they try to set sail.
(d) That they will wander the sea forever without finding a new place to settle.
2. On what do the gods take oaths that they fear to break?
(a) Charon's boat.
(b) The river Styx.
(c) The Sibyl.
(d) The golden bough.
3. What do seers say it means when Lavinia's hair glows with divine fire?
(a) That she will be famous and receive glory, but also bring war on her people.
(b) That she is destined to become the next Sibyl.
(c) That she will die by fire.
(d) That she be taken up to Olympus to wed a god.
4. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
(a) The harsh will of the gods.
(b) the Trojans for letting the Danaans trick them.
(c) Priam for being too proud.
(d) Helen and Paris for running away together.
5. How does Dido's ghost react to seeing Aeneas?
(a) She smiles and tells him all is forgiven.
(b) She flees from him and returns to her first husband, Sychaeus.
(c) She reenacts her suicide.
(d) She falls to her knees and pleads with him to take her away with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears to Aeneas in a dream to tell him where to find people willing to ally themselves with the Trojans against the Latins?
2. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
3. What does Anchises pray to the gods for?
4. Why does King Iarbas pray to Jove/Jupiter?
5. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)