|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Aeneas that Ascanius and the Trojans are under siege?
(a) The sea nymphs that were once his ships.
(c) The ghost of Nisus.
(d) The ghost of Euryalus.
2. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
(a) He capsizes the boats of his opponents.
(b) His prayers convince the harbor god to help him.
(c) He has Aeneas help him.
(d) He constructs the best boat.
3. Who blinded Polyphemus?
(b) Ulysses and his crewmen.
(d) the Furies.
4. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
(a) The Trojans carry the horse inside and Sinon lets the soldiers inside it out.
(b) The Danaans are still unable to breach the walls of Troy.
(c) The Trojans move the horse next to their walls and the soldiers use it as a ladder.
(d) While the Trojans are busy looking at the horse, the Danaans storm the front gates of Troy.
5. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
(a) He escaped before the Danaans could sacrifice him in exchange for good winds home.
(b) He has been sent to the Trojans as an ambassador of peace.
(c) He was left behind to spy on the Trojans.
(d) He snuck away because he wants to help the Trojans beat the Danaans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the god Saturn give the first people in Latinum to start their civilization?
2. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
3. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
4. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
5. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)