|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas think when he spots Helen while Troy is being destroyed all around them?
(a) He feels pity for her circumstances.
(b) He wants to carry her off and marry her.
(c) He feels an impulse to kill her to punish her.
(d) He wants to save her from her fate.
2. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
(a) He wants to betray Aeneas for money.
(b) He is lost in the forest and they are his only hope of finding his way back to his camp.
(c) He hopes to spy on them for Aeneas.
(d) He wants to save Euryalus.
3. Why is Aeneas' appearance a surprise to Dido and the crowd?
(a) He appears swearing vengeance on them all.
(b) He appears accompanied by the goddess Venus.
(c) He appears out of a thinning cloud as if from thin air.
(d) He appears wearing women's garb as a disguise.
4. Who does Dido send to plead with Aeneas?
(c) Her favorite handmaiden.
(d) King Iarbas.
5. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A magic cape.
(b) A huge bronze shield.
(c) A cloud of mist.
(d) A leather mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Juno blame Aeneas in regard to the current conflict?
2. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
3. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
4. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
5. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)