|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
(a) At the request of Venus, Jupiter causes it to rain and put the fire out.
(b) They are hidden from view in mist by Venus.
(c) At the command of the mother of the gods, Jupiter turns the ships into sea-goddesses and sets them free.
(d) They go up in ashes, trapping the Trojans in Italy.
2. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(b) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
(c) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(d) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
3. Who does the queen of Latium want her daughter to marry?
4. From whom will Julius Caesar get his name?
(a) Aeneas' son Ascanius, renamed Iulus.
(b) Aeneas' daughter Creusa, renamed Julia.
(c) Aeneas' sister, Ilia.
(d) Aeneas' grandfather, Ilium.
5. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(b) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(c) He is resting peacefully.
(d) He is lamenting his fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Danaans get inside the walls of Troy?
2. Who appears to Aeneas in a dream to tell him where to find people willing to ally themselves with the Trojans against the Latins?
3. What mission do Nisus and Euryalus take on?
4. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
5. What curse does Celaeno lay on the Trojans?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)