|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
(a) Trojan soldiers insult Lavinia.
(b) Aeneas does not show proper reverence to King Latinus' laurel tree.
(c) Iulus hunted and shot a deer he didn't know was a favored pet.
(d) A snake startles them and a soldier striking at it causes everyone to start fighting.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the examples that Venus lists of ways that Juno ignored Jupiter's will and tried to form new destinies for men?
(a) She caused the women to burn the Trojans' ships on Eryx's shore.
(b) She used Iris as a helper.
(c) She used Allecto to stir up a frenzy.
(d) She asked Vulcan to craft a special shield.
3. What is Aetna?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A large river.
(c) A geyser that sprays from the ground.
(d) A huge waterfall.
4. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
(a) All construction of the city of Carthage stops.
(b) Dido persuades Aeneas to help her people build better ships.
(c) Dido presses herself against the couch where Aeneas sat.
(d) Dido keeps holding Ascanius on her lap because he looks like Aeneas.
5. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a figure from Greek and Roman mythology NOT depicted in the temple of Apollo?
2. What does Jupiter tell Hercules is the labor of the brave, since human lifetimes are so short?
3. What is Iulus' first feat of arms?
4. What does Sinon say will happen if the Trojans violate the wooden horse?
5. Who is Andromache's new husband?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)