|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A huge bronze shield.
(b) A magic cape.
(c) A leather mask.
(d) A cloud of mist.
2. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(b) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
(c) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(d) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
3. Who does Venus want to keep safe by removing him or her from the war between the Trojans and Latins?
4. How does Aeneas know Antheus, Sergestus, Cloanthus, and Ilioneus?
(a) They are fellow Trojans.
(b) He does not know who they are.
(c) He has heard tales of their great feats.
(d) He fought against them in the Trojan War.
5. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
(a) He ate the fruit of the golden bough.
(b) He looked straight into the Sibyl's eyes.
(c) He went looking for Palinurus under the water and drowned too.
(d) He pretended he could make music as well as the gods and Triton drowned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose funeral does Book VII open?
2. Who kills Pallas?
3. What is one of Juno's arguments for why it was right for her to have helped the Rutulians?
4. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
5. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)