|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
(a) To find and bury his body.
(b) Never to let Achates helm the boat.
(c) To avenge his death.
(d) To do anything to make Iulus a king.
2. What important things has Aeneas carried with him from Troy?
(a) King Priam's sword and shield.
(b) The Phrygian hearth-gods.
(c) A herd of beasts to sacrifice to the gods.
(d) Three wooden splinters from the wooden horse.
3. What does Venus claim the Trojans would have been better off doing after Troy was destroyed by the Greeks?
(a) Rebuilding Troy instead of being pricked by fate to travel to Latium and enter into a new conflict.
(b) Showering King Latinus with shiploads of gifts to win him over before meeting him.
(c) Staying with the rest of their people back with Acestës.
(d) Building shrines to her everywhere they traveled.
4. How did Polydorus die?
(a) Killed in a battle during the siege of Troy.
(b) Murdered by his host, the Thracian king, for the gold he held.
(c) Attacked and smothered by plants.
(d) Sickened by a terrible plague.
5. What does Anchises show Aeneas in the underworld?
(a) Scenes from the past history of Troy.
(b) Scenes of what the deities are doing in Olympus.
(c) Scenes of what his followers are doing at the present moment.
(d) Scenes of his future descendants in Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Juno blame Aeneas in regard to the current conflict?
2. Who does the queen of Latium want her daughter to marry?
3. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
5. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)