|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the examples that Venus lists of ways that Juno ignored Jupiter's will and tried to form new destinies for men?
(a) She caused the women to burn the Trojans' ships on Eryx's shore.
(b) She used Allecto to stir up a frenzy.
(c) She asked Vulcan to craft a special shield.
(d) She used Iris as a helper.
2. Who appears to Aeneas in a dream to tell him where to find people willing to ally themselves with the Trojans against the Latins?
(a) Venus, to help her son.
(b) Allecto, who hopes to lead him astray.
(c) Anchises, to confirm for Aeneas that he is in the right place.
(d) Tiberinus, the river god of the Tiber.
3. For what does Juno blame Aeneas in regard to the current conflict?
(a) She blames him for leaving camp in charge of Ascanius.
(b) She blames him for relying on Venus' help.
(c) She blames him for trying to abduct Lavinia.
(d) She blames him for the unfair advantage of his new armor.
4. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
(a) Dido keeps holding Ascanius on her lap because he looks like Aeneas.
(b) All construction of the city of Carthage stops.
(c) Dido persuades Aeneas to help her people build better ships.
(d) Dido presses herself against the couch where Aeneas sat.
5. What does Aeneas promise to do if the gods grant his wish?
(a) He will build a temple to Phoebus and Diana of the Crossroads.
(b) He will honor his mother Venus more.
(c) He will name his new city after Jupiter.
(d) He will make a sacrifice to Juno.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Turnus spurred to make war on both King Latinus and the Trojans?
2. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
3. What happens to the Trojans' ships when Turnus tries to burn them?
4. Who kills Pallas?
5. What does Juno plan to do in Book VII to stop Aeneas from ruling Italy?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)