|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeneas tell the ghost of Dido?
(a) That he can bring her back to life now.
(b) That he left her lands against his will.
(c) That she should have waited becauase he was coming back for her.
(d) That he needs her help to find his father's ghost.
2. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
3. What had Jupiter forbidden to happen?
(a) The Trojans to hole up in their camp.
(b) Lavinia and Aeneas to marry.
(c) Italy and the Trojans to go to war with each other.
(d) Aeneas to ally with the Arcadians.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Vulcan and the Cyclops crafted?
(a) A chariot for Mars.
(b) An aegis for Pallas.
(c) A lightning bolt for Jupiter.
(d) A helmet for Apollo.
5. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
(a) A new boat.
(b) sturdy shoes.
(c) A shield.
(d) A vial of precious oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
2. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
3. For what purpose does Virgil invoke Erato, the Muse of Desire?
4. Who does Evander plan to use as Aeneas' new army?
5. Why does Nisus surrender to the Rutulians?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)