|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is lamenting his fate.
(b) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(c) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(d) He is resting peacefully.
2. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
(a) Because Venus was afraid of and wanted to stop the growing power of Carthage.
(b) Because Venus could not bear to see Dido so unhappy.
(c) Because Venus wanted to cheer her son up.
(d) To keep Dido from falling in love with a Greek.
3. What hides Aeneas' identity as he travels through Carthage?
(a) A cloud of mist.
(b) A leather mask.
(c) A huge bronze shield.
(d) A magic cape.
4. Who is the deity in charge of marriage?
5. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
(b) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
(c) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
(d) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
2. Who laments that only the head of Euryalus is brought back (on a spear) by the Rutulians?
3. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
4. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
5. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)