|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jupiter tell Hercules is the labor of the brave, since human lifetimes are so short?
(a) To die as soon as possible in battle.
(b) To spend every moment helping the weak.
(c) To make their fame last through great deeds.
(d) To make sacrifices to all the gods.
2. Why does Aeneas trust he can approach Evander safely as a supplicant?
(a) Evander is an enemy to Juno.
(b) They are related through their ancestors.
(c) Cupid has gone before him and won Evander over.
(d) A white pig in a dream tells him he can.
3. Who tells Aeneas that Ascanius and the Trojans are under siege?
(a) The sea nymphs that were once his ships.
(c) The ghost of Nisus.
(d) The ghost of Euryalus.
4. What does Ilioneus ask for from King Latinus?
(a) Food and supplies to send to the Trojans left behind with Acestës.
(b) A modest piece of land on the coast where the Trojans can settle.
(c) Soldiers and weapons to seek revenge on the Greeks.
(d) Lumber and sails to repair their ships.
5. Who does Evander plan to use as Aeneas' new army?
(a) The Etruscans.
(b) The Ithacans.
(c) The Rutulians.
(d) The Spartans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do seers say it means when Lavinia's hair glows with divine fire?
2. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
3. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
4. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
5. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)