|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aeneas trust he can approach Evander safely as a supplicant?
(a) Cupid has gone before him and won Evander over.
(b) They are related through their ancestors.
(c) Evander is an enemy to Juno.
(d) A white pig in a dream tells him he can.
2. How does Darës get Entellus to fall during their boxing match?
(a) He ducks his punch and Entellus topples over.
(b) Entellus makes Darës fall.
(c) He has the advantage of using heavier gloves.
(d) He knocks him out with one solid blow.
3. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(b) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(c) He is lamenting his fate.
(d) He is resting peacefully.
4. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
(b) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
(c) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
(d) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
5. Who does Anchises predict will bring and Age of Gold to Latium?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Juno say Venus has made Dido fall in love with Aeneas?
2. Why are Aeneas and his people supposed to settle in Hesperia?
3. With whose funeral does Book VII open?
4. What omen does everyone witness when Acestës is shooting arrows?
5. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)