|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is resting peacefully.
(b) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(c) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(d) He is lamenting his fate.
2. Which monsters help Vulcan in his forge?
(d) Scylla and Charybdis.
3. Why did Dido's people take on a peaceful mood toward Aeneas' people?
(a) They had heard great things about the Trojans from the Greeks.
(b) They were visited by Mercury.
(c) Queen Dido commanded them to welcome all new visitors.
(d) They were well known for always welcoming new people.
4. What does Jupiter want from Aeneas?
(a) He wants Aeneas to help Dido build Carthage into the finest city in the world.
(b) He wants Aeneas to stop praying to him.
(c) He wants Aeneas to do the right thing and marry Dido properly.
(d) For Aeneas to stop being distracted by Dido and her city and go build his own kingdom.
5. What portent appears relating to Iulus?
(a) A snake that wraps around his ankle.
(b) A cloud of smoke that covers up his face.
(c) A bird that lands on his left shoulder.
(d) A tongue of flame on his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
2. When Dido sees Aeneas' men readying their ships to sail, for what does she plead?
3. What betrays the presence of Euryalus to the enemy?
4. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
5. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)