|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Venus use to convince her husband Vulcan to make armor for Aeneas?
(b) Cool reason.
(c) The flame of love.
(d) Threats of Jupiter's anger.
2. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
(a) Venus must sail with them.
(b) Aeneas must find and give a pair of perfect horses to Neptune.
(c) One life must be sacrificed.
(d) Aeneas must promise not to go to Italy.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Vulcan and the Cyclops crafted?
(a) A chariot for Mars.
(b) A helmet for Apollo.
(c) An aegis for Pallas.
(d) A lightning bolt for Jupiter.
4. What do the crowd of refugees expect from Aeneas?
(a) They want him to lead them by sea to new lands.
(b) They want him to train them in battle so they can fight the Danaans better.
(c) They want him to lead them in a prayer of thanks for their escape.
(d) They want him to apologize for letting Troy fall.
5. What is the job of the Sibyl?
(a) To tell people what will happen.
(b) To guard a special cave entrance.
(c) To give directions on where to go.
(d) To advise people on what jobs to take.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeneas see depicted on the walls of the temple that the people of Carthage are building?
2. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
3. What had Jupiter forbidden to happen?
4. What happens when souls are destined to be reborn in a second body?
5. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)