|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prize is Nisus given by Aeneas?
(a) A vial of precious oil.
(b) A shield.
(c) A new boat.
(d) sturdy shoes.
2. What does Palinurus' ghost ask Aeneas to do when he returns to the world?
(a) To avenge his death.
(b) Never to let Achates helm the boat.
(c) To find and bury his body.
(d) To do anything to make Iulus a king.
3. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
(a) Both feast and famine.
(b) Both war and peace.
(c) Both fame and fortune.
(d) Both laughter and tears.
4. Whom does Helenus say Aeneas should visit for advice?
(a) The sibyl of Cumae.
5. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is lamenting his fate.
(b) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(c) He is resting peacefully.
(d) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose does Virgil invoke Erato, the Muse of Desire?
2. What pictures are shown on the shield Venus gives to Aeneas?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Helenus advises Aeneas and his followers to do?
4. Who does Aeneas convince to pledge to fight with him?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the examples that Venus lists of ways that Juno ignored Jupiter's will and tried to form new destinies for men?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)