|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
(a) At the ruins of Troy.
(b) At the altar of Juno.
(c) In a cave.
(d) On a boat at sea.
2. Which of the following is not an excuse Aeneas offers to Dido for why he must leave her?
(a) A messenger from Jupiter commands him to go against his will.
(b) His fate, oracles, and dreams all tell him he must go found a city.
(c) He is not being deceitful because he never entered a pact of marriage with her.
(d) His men cannot protect her and Carthage adequately.
3. What had Jupiter forbidden to happen?
(a) The Trojans to hole up in their camp.
(b) Aeneas to ally with the Arcadians.
(c) Italy and the Trojans to go to war with each other.
(d) Lavinia and Aeneas to marry.
4. How is Anchises spending his time in the underworld?
(a) He is resting peacefully.
(b) He is studying the futures and fates of his descendants.
(c) He is trading stories with the founders of Troy.
(d) He is lamenting his fate.
5. Who is Andromache's new husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
2. Why did Misenus meet an early death?
3. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
4. How does Nisus try to help his friend Euryalus win first prize in the foot race?
5. Who does Venus want to keep safe by removing him or her from the war between the Trojans and Latins?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)