|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens every time Aeneas tries to tear a branch from a tree in Thrace to construct a roof for the altar of his new colony?
(a) Fire surrounds his head.
(b) Jupiter's voice thunders above.
(c) Blood flows from the plant.
(d) Lightning flashes in the sky.
2. Why does Acestës welcome Aeneas and his followers?
(a) He is secretly plotting against them.
(b) He empathizes with their sufferings.
(c) Jupiter commands him to welcome them.
(d) His mother was Trojan.
3. What do seers say it means when Lavinia's hair glows with divine fire?
(a) That she will be famous and receive glory, but also bring war on her people.
(b) That she will die by fire.
(c) That she is destined to become the next Sibyl.
(d) That she be taken up to Olympus to wed a god.
4. How does Cloanthus win the boat race during the funeral games?
(a) He capsizes the boats of his opponents.
(b) He constructs the best boat.
(c) He has Aeneas help him.
(d) His prayers convince the harbor god to help him.
5. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
(a) A snake.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A tongue of fire.
(d) A flash of lightning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Vulcan and the Cyclops crafted?
2. What does Neptune say must happen for Aeneas and his followers to have save passage over the seas?
3. For what purpose does Virgil invoke Erato, the Muse of Desire?
4. Who is sent by Juno to Turnus at the beginning of Book IX to tell him now is the time to attack the Trojans?
5. Where do malefactors live in the underworld?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)