|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following must Aeneas do to enter the underworld?
(a) He must find and follow Orpheus down.
(b) He must wrestle the gatekeeper and win.
(c) He must wait for Venus to come take him.
(d) He must pick the golden bough.
2. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(b) For his best toga and shield.
(c) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
(d) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
3. What kind of countryman is Achaemenidës?
4. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
(a) She tells the world of their love to encourage everyone to celebrate their union.
(b) She spreads whispers and gossip to make Dido's other suitors angry and jealous.
(c) She travels from country to country telling people that it isn't true that they are together.
(d) She tattles to Juno about what they have done.
5. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To destroy the Trojans.
(b) To win a bet with Jupiter.
(c) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(d) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
2. Why does Juno craft a phantom Aeneas and lure Turnus onto a departing boat?
3. Who dies at the end of Book 3?
4. Who does Aeneas convince to pledge to fight with him?
5. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)