|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aeneas trust he can approach Evander safely as a supplicant?
(a) Evander is an enemy to Juno.
(b) Cupid has gone before him and won Evander over.
(c) They are related through their ancestors.
(d) A white pig in a dream tells him he can.
2. For whom does Aeneas return to Troy to search?
(a) His dead king Priam's body.
(b) His wife, Creusa.
(c) His sworn enemy, Sinon.
(d) His mother, Venus.
3. Who does Evander plan to use as Aeneas' new army?
(a) The Ithacans.
(b) The Etruscans.
(c) The Spartans.
(d) The Rutulians.
4. Why does Palinurus fall overboard?
(a) He is drunk while on duty.
(b) Somnus puts him to sleep and shoves him into the water.
(c) He trips over Ascanius and falls.
(d) The boat lurches unexpectedly during a storm sent by Jupiter.
5. What does Ilioneus ask of Dido?
(a) To help them mend their ships or to let them stay in Carthage.
(b) For permission to woo her.
(c) To help them build a shrine to Venus .
(d) For directions to Troy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creusa's ghost tell Aeneas?
2. What did the god Saturn give the first people in Latinum to start their civilization?
3. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
4. Why does Juno craft a phantom Aeneas and lure Turnus onto a departing boat?
5. Who will bury Palinurus' body?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)