|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juno plan to do in Book VII to stop Aeneas from ruling Italy?
(a) She will enlist Apollo's aid in frightening Aeneas away.
(b) She will delay the wedding with Lavinia and destroy both peoples.
(c) She will spirit Aeneas away to another land.
(d) She will bring down a plague on Latium until Aeneas leaves.
2. Who does Venus send to Carthage disguised as Aeneas' son?
(a) Her son, Cupid.
(c) A huntress.
3. Why does Aeneas trust he can approach Evander safely as a supplicant?
(a) Cupid has gone before him and won Evander over.
(b) Evander is an enemy to Juno.
(c) A white pig in a dream tells him he can.
(d) They are related through their ancestors.
4. What danger do Aeneas and his men face by Aetna?
(a) The wrath of Juno.
(b) Another flock of Harpies.
(c) A herd of Cyclops.
(d) A group of sirens.
5. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
2. Who travels with Aeneas to check out the place where they have landed?
3. Who or what does Venus say is the cause of the fall of Troy?
4. What meaning does Anchises say the portent of four white horses can have?
5. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)