|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calms the ocean so Aeneas and his men can make it safely to land?
2. How does Anchises act when Aeneas first comes to help him escape?
(a) He berates Aeneas for not coming to get him sooner.
(b) He urges the others to escape and leave him behind.
(c) He is sleeping too soundly to be awakened.
(d) He is crying too hard to get any words out.
3. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
(b) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
(c) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
(d) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the examples that Venus lists of ways that Juno ignored Jupiter's will and tried to form new destinies for men?
(a) She caused the women to burn the Trojans' ships on Eryx's shore.
(b) She asked Vulcan to craft a special shield.
(c) She used Iris as a helper.
(d) She used Allecto to stir up a frenzy.
5. What does Jupiter tell Hercules is the labor of the brave, since human lifetimes are so short?
(a) To die as soon as possible in battle.
(b) To make their fame last through great deeds.
(c) To make sacrifices to all the gods.
(d) To spend every moment helping the weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign does Aeneas see during the ritual for his father?
2. Evander, unaware, is the founder of which of the following?
3. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Anna thinks Dido should make a match with Aeneas?
5. Why does Palinurus fall overboard?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)