|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
(a) He was left behind to spy on the Trojans.
(b) He escaped before the Danaans could sacrifice him in exchange for good winds home.
(c) He has been sent to the Trojans as an ambassador of peace.
(d) He snuck away because he wants to help the Trojans beat the Danaans.
2. What does Venus claim the Trojans would have been better off doing after Troy was destroyed by the Greeks?
(a) Building shrines to her everywhere they traveled.
(b) Staying with the rest of their people back with Acestës.
(c) Rebuilding Troy instead of being pricked by fate to travel to Latium and enter into a new conflict.
(d) Showering King Latinus with shiploads of gifts to win him over before meeting him.
3. Why did the Trojans think the Danaans had left?
(a) The Danaans set fire to their campsite and let it burn to the ground.
(b) The Danaans hid their ships behind a nearby island.
(c) The Danaans sent a letter announcing that they were leaving.
(d) The Danaans surrendered and promised to go.
4. Whom does Jupiter send to talk to Aeneas?
5. What do seers say it means when Lavinia's hair glows with divine fire?
(a) That she be taken up to Olympus to wed a god.
(b) That she will die by fire.
(c) That she will be famous and receive glory, but also bring war on her people.
(d) That she is destined to become the next Sibyl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
2. What action does the goddess Rumor take after Dido and Aeneas begin to revel in each others' company?
3. Who leads Aeneas to the golden bough?
4. What does Dido tell Aeneas she will do after he leaves?
5. How does Dido know that Aeneas plans to leave?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)