|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aeneas transport Anchises out of Troy?
(a) On a stretcher after the Danaans wound him.
(b) By pulling him along by the hand.
(c) In a wheeled cart.
(d) On his back.
2. Why has Dido turned her face against remarriage?
(a) She does not want any man taking over her kingdom.
(b) She must wait until her sister Anna gets married first.
(c) She is pledged to Diana.
(d) Her brother killed her last husband.
3. Which of the following is NOT an effect of Dido's love for Aeneas?
(a) All construction of the city of Carthage stops.
(b) Dido persuades Aeneas to help her people build better ships.
(c) Dido keeps holding Ascanius on her lap because he looks like Aeneas.
(d) Dido presses herself against the couch where Aeneas sat.
4. What does Ilioneus ask for from King Latinus?
(a) Lumber and sails to repair their ships.
(b) Soldiers and weapons to seek revenge on the Greeks.
(c) A modest piece of land on the coast where the Trojans can settle.
(d) Food and supplies to send to the Trojans left behind with Acestës.
5. What is the job of the Sibyl?
(a) To advise people on what jobs to take.
(b) To guard a special cave entrance.
(c) To tell people what will happen.
(d) To give directions on where to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Book V, why is the city behind Aeneas' departing ships bright?
2. Who will not be a descendant of Aeneas' line?
3. Who finds his or her way inside the Trojan camp at the end of Book IX and begins to massacre Trojans?
4. How does King Latinus welcome the Trojans to Latinum?
5. What causes the Ausonians to attack the Trojans?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)