|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the god Saturn give the first people in Latinum to start their civilization?
(a) Musical instruments.
(c) A special shield.
2. What does Jupiter predict awaits Aeneas in Italy?
(a) A happy marriage with Queen Dido.
(b) Death and betrayal.
(c) A rematch with the same soldiers that destroyed Troy.
(d) A massive war followed by the establishment of a new city and a new way of life.
3. What happens to everything the Harpies touch?
(a) It disappears.
(b) It turns to gold.
(c) It becomes theirs forever.
(d) It becomes covered in filth.
4. Who appears to Aeneas in a dream to tell him where to find people willing to ally themselves with the Trojans against the Latins?
(a) Tiberinus, the river god of the Tiber.
(b) Venus, to help her son.
(c) Anchises, to confirm for Aeneas that he is in the right place.
(d) Allecto, who hopes to lead him astray.
5. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
(a) They are dazzled by signs and portents and want to make their home where they are.
(b) They are afraid Aeneas will leave without them.
(c) It is a sign of respect and morning.
(d) It was a mistake and they actually meant to burn Acestës' ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soothsayer say it means when bees cluster together and weigh down the branch of King Latinus' laurel tree?
2. Which of the following is NOT a type of funeral game?
3. Where do Dido and Aeneas become "married"?
4. How does Aeneas put out the burning Trojan ships after the Trojan women set them on fire?
5. What does Sinon claim is the reason he was left behind?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)