|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venus send a fake Ascanius to Dido?
(a) To charm her into loving Aeneas.
(b) To destroy the Trojans.
(c) To learn what Dido's true thoughts about the Trojans are.
(d) To win a bet with Jupiter.
2. What does Sinon say is the purpose of the big wooden horse?
(a) It is a gift to tell the Trojans they are sorry for attacking Troy.
(b) It is meant to be fuel for a bonfire when the Danaans return to destroy Troy.
(c) It is an offering to apologize for stealing the Palladium.
(d) It is a lighthouse to guide the Danaan ships back to Troy.
3. Who warns the Trojans not to trust in the wooden horse the Danaans left behind?
4. After first meeting Dido, what does Aeneas send for from his ships?
(a) For his son Ascanius and for gifts for Carthage.
(b) For weapons to surrender them up to Dido's people.
(c) For his best toga and shield.
(d) For his father Anchises and his medicine.
5. What do Nisus and Euryalus do as they move through Turnus' camp?
(a) They bind their feet up in cloth to move silently.
(b) They slaughter sleeping warriors.
(c) They make note of how many soldiers are there.
(d) They call on Venus to protect them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an effect that Dido says has been caused by her love affair with Aeneas?
2. Why do the Trojan women set fire to the Trojan ships in Book V?
3. What does the plague that descends on the new city Aeneas founds at Pergamum tell the settlers?
4. What is Aetna?
5. Evander, unaware, is the founder of which of the following?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)